Ignorance is No Excuse for Hating Someone Part 5

Printer-friendly version

St. Richard of Salemo, Detroit, Michigan:
Bishop Henri looks at the report he received from his field commanders. The attack going on at the Bounty ranch wasn’t going their way.
According to the report, the ranch was heavily defended. It had a defense system that wasn’t on any of the blueprints or aerial photos they had managed to take of the place. On top of that, the Bounty family and their wolves were holding their own against their soldiers.

The team they sent to apprehend Mr. Bounty’s niece, that was in Hawaii had fallen as well. They don’t know what happened, but the woman and her girlfriend managed to subdue and capture the yacht they were on. They were doing everything they could to keep the Hawaiian police from connecting the group to the Hunter organization. The men that had been sent to the Patel residence fell as well. Their status was unknown.

Bishop Henri was losing his patience and calm. How could everything they had planned to the small detail be failing? These were ordinary men and women, not supernatural creatures. His genetically engineer soldiers should have been able to handle a bunch of ex-assassins and ordinary people.

He looks up when he hears a knock on his door.

“Enter!”

A tall black-haired man comes walking into his office. The man stops in front of his desk.

“What is it, brother Luther?” Bishop Henri looks up at brother Luther as he stood before him.

“The snitch and grab in New York failed.”

“How do you know that?”

“Because of this, your eminence.” Brother Luther sets a small box down on the Bishops desk and opens it.

Bishop Henri looks inside the box. The middle finger of one of the agents he sent was in it, along with the poison tooth. Also, inside the box was one of Hatter’s calling cards. A dingy white playing card with In This Size 10/6 printed on the front of it and on the back, written in blood “you have been a naughty, naughty Bishop. The Queen and her pawns are coming for you.”

Brother Luther was curious when he received the box. It had been hand delivered by a young male messenger. He had been told that the package was for Bishop Henri.

“Who is that from, your eminence?” Brother Luther was curious.

“The playing card is from the Mad Hatter.” Bishop Henri looks at the card.

“Why would she send you a message?” Brother Luther didn’t understand that. It would be letting your prey know you were coming for them.

“Because the Mad Hatter is crazy and likes playing games.” Bishop Henri had a detailed file on the Hatter and everything that had been done by her.

He had managed to get detail files on most of the associates that Hatter associated with. There was nothing in Anika Jagger’s file that suggest she had military training. The organization had checked out every member of her team. All their files had basic information in them. When they tried to get more information, they couldn’t.

Anika, Carla, and Gina sat in the van outside the church watching the place. The plan was, Hatter was going to pay the Bishop a visit. Shade had done his job by delivering the package they had put together for the Bishop.

They were listening to the conversation going on between a Brother Luther and Bishop Henri. Anika, looks towards Carla “how connected is the Hunter organization?”

“Extremely connected. We have members at every level of society. Also, in every government agency. The Vatican has been positioning
members in certain positions, for years.” Carla knew that certain government officials use to visit their training facilities.

“So, the church is behind all this mess?”

“Not the whole church, just a secretive branch inside the church. They answer to the Pope.”

“Why would the church have a secretive group of people?” Gina looks towards Carla, while Anika kept listening to the Bishop.

“It will take a while to explain, Mrs. Bounty.”

“I want to hear everything and why they came after my family.” Gina got a message from her daughter, saying the fighting has stopped and the prisoners were being locked up for now.

She did warn her daughter to tell her grandfather about the poisonous tooth they might have. Arabella sent her a picture of her grandfather’s property and all the damage that was done. Gina was relieved that the fighting hadn’t spilled over to their property. She was also happy that none of their family had been hurt. She also knew the clean-up crew was going to have a job on their hands.

“We’re in position, Gina.” Shades voice comes over the radio.

“Go for it and have fun!” Anika knew Hatter and Shade were going to have fun.

“You got it,”

Shade looks over towards Hatter. “It’s party time, sweetie.”

Hatter just smiles as she jumps off the roof of the church and swing towards a stain glass window. Shade swings in behind her. He was enjoying himself.

Bishop Henri and Brother Luther wonder what caused the loud crashing sound they heard. Brother Luther rushes out of the Bishops office and sees a person dressed like Blade fighting several of his other brother’s. There was another person dressed like the Mad Hatter coming towards his location. He moves to intercept her.

An evil smile appears on Hatter’s face as she spots a tall black-haired man step in front of her. She was going to have some fun with him. She was going to let him throw the first punch.

Brother Luther didn’t know what to make of the strangely dressed girl as she came closer. He had been informed that she was dangerous. When she was within range, he goes to use an atemi attack on her.

Hatter grabs his arm and swings him into the wall next to her. She follows up with an elbow to back of his head.

“You should have run when you had the chance.” Hatter tazed the guy, instead of seriously hurting him.

Brother Luther drops to the floor, as Hatter let’s goes. She skips down to the Bishop’s office. She knocks on the door, before opening.

Hatter spots Bishop Henri pointing a weapon at her. Before he could pull the trigger on his gun. Hatter pulls the trigger on her needler, she kept hidden. One of her knockout laced needles hit Bishop Henri in the face.

“Night, night.”

In the Chapel Area:
Shade was having fun with the men that were attacking him. He loaded his guns with rubber bullets so, not to kill them. He especially was
enjoying the hand-to-hand combat with them. He was putting the mix martial arts training he and Hatter have been receiving to good use.

His outfit wasn’t bulletproof like Hatter’s, but the overcoat Shade was wearing was bulletproof. None of the people he was fighting was using any sorts of weapons. Carla told him what type of attacks he could expect from the small bunch of monks inside the church.

Shade looks at the monks laying on the floor “sorry, I can’t stick around and party any more fellows, but I hear my girlfriend calling me.”

Shade goes to find Hatter and spots her dragging the Bishop they came to get. A big ole smile appears on his face “Anika, we need a pick-up."

“Terry, your up.”

“Landing now, Anika.”

Carla, Anika, and Gina spots Terry’s new air car design as it lands outside the chapel. He’s been working on the design since they came back from England. The right-hand side door opens.

“Oh, this is so cool.” As Shade secures the Bishop and takes a seat himself.

Hatter climbs in as well and watches as the door closes. She was amazed and a little scared as well.

“Hold on back there, guys.” Terry takes back off and heads back towards a warehouse that belongs to one of the companies the Bounty family owns.

up
183 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Catholic Church and the hunter group

0.25tspgirl's picture

Unfortunately in the real world history shows us that there is nothing too depraved or evil for the church and churchmen to be doing or involved in. A flaw not improved by the Protestant reformation either.

BAK 0.25tspgirl

Hatter will have FUN

Samantha Heart's picture

With the Bishop interrogateing him she has her own.... SPECIAL style of interrogation... one the bishiop will NOT like & if Gena knows any of he fathers special techniques well the Bishop will be spilling EVERYTHING & then be more insane then hatter is. Lol

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Surprise,surprise!

Monique S's picture

Well, bishop Henry is going to have fun, I hope he likes roasted nuts. *giggles*

Monique S

WW III

How many wars have been started by the church or a churchman?

Gumby - I'm flexible

"Imagination is more important, than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’, but ‘that’s funny…’” - Isaac Asimov

Files only tell so much

Jamie Lee's picture

Henry should have taken a vacation on the moon before the attempts to get the Bountys took place. Now he'll find out that files only tell part of a person's history or abilities. But seldom the attitude behind the name on that file.

Bishop Henry is about to learn, up close, the error of the Church's ways in going after the Bountys. He will learn of the can of cobras that has been opened and how they deal with those attacking them. His poison tooth will be missing and he will tell them everything he knows, before they either kill him or mail him back to the Church. But not before they expose the Church for what it is.

Others have feelings too.