Ignorance is No Excuse for Hating Someone Part 19

Printer-friendly version

Jack’s Ranch, Caldwell, Montana
Chayton was driving the feed truck Jack taught him to drive, while Haylee tossed feed out of the back of the truck. They were feeding the buffaloes and cows out on the back pastures. Some of the wolves were out roaming around on the property. Roxy and Waffles were in the back of the truck with her.

“Chayton, did you notice grandpa’s Cessna was missing from the hangar this morning?” Haylee looks at her brother through the back window of the pick-up truck they were in.

“Yes, is grandpa the only one who flies it?” Chayton didn’t know if his aunts and uncle flew their grandfather’s Cessna.

“Yes, grandpa is the only one who flies the Cessna. Everyone else uses the lear jets or mom’s fighter jet.” Haylee learned that her mother had a fighter jet. It was an older model, but her mother was part of the Air National Guard.

“I wonder where grandpa went?” Haylee dishes out the feed as Chayton drove slowly.

“We could ask grandma or mom.” Chayton slowed down as they got near the end.

Haylee shovels out the last of the feed. She sits down on the bed of the truck. Waffles and Roxy come over to her and start licking her. She giggles “your food is back at the house.”

Chayton turns the trucks around and head back to the feed silo. He was still amazed that the bottom part of the silo was feed and the top of it was armed with missile launchers and sea whiz units.

He parks the truck in the small garage and gets out of the truck. Haylee jumps out of the back of the pick-up with Waffles in her hands.

“Let’s go and see grandma.” Haylee looks towards her older brother.

“Okay, we better let mom know.” Chayton sends Julia and Christmas a text message informing them they were going to see grandma.

Haylee and chayton drive their four-wheelers up to the main house. They park them next to their grandfather’s and grandmother’s Hummer and a pick-up truck. Haylee notices Chaos was laying on the front porch and so was Storm. Storm was as big as Chaos. He also had fur so dark, that he could pass as Chaos twin.

“Hey Chaos, Hey Storm.” Haylee walks over to the two meanest wolves in her grandfather’s pack and pets them.

Chayton watches his little sister. She wasn’t afraid of anything and all the wolves on the ranch, listen to her.

“How do you do that?” As Chayton catches up to Haylee.

“Do what?” Haylee looks at Chayton with a puzzled look on her face.

“Get along with all the wolves and other animals on the ranch.” Chayton has seen Haylee calm down one of the meanest stallions they just got in recently.

“I don’t know. Animals just like me. Even Simba and Shur Khan like me.” Haylee loved meeting her aunt Cheshire’s puddy cats.

Haylee and Chayton walk into the house and smelled fresh bread baking. Haylee hurries to the kitchen and spots her aunt Silvia and her aunt Selina making breakfast.

Silvia spotted Chayton, Haylee Roxy, and Waffles walking into the kitchen. A smile appears on Silvia’s face.

“Selina, we got visitors.” Silvia looks at her niece, nephew, and pets as they walk into the kitchen.

Selina looks up from what she was working on “what brings you two, too the house?”

“We’re wondering where grandpa went. His Cessna is missing from the hangar.” Haylee grabs a couple of fresh-baked biscuits from the counter.

She breaks one open and give Roxy one piece and Waffles the other piece. She watches as Silvia looks at Selina.

“Did you know daddy was gone?” Silvia was curious.

“No, why don’t you go and ask your grandmother, Haylee.” Selina didn’t know Jack had left.

“Chayton, have you and Haylee had breakfast yet?”

“No ma’am. We just got done feeding the animals.” Chayton walks over and sits on one of the barstools at the counter.

“I was getting ready to cook some bacon and make scrambled eggs for breakfast. Why don’t you and Haylee join us.” Selina loved having the grandchildren at the house.

“Okay, Aunt Selina.” Chayton loved Selina’s cooking.

“I’ll be back.” Haylee had gotten some fo the food her grandfather feed the wolves and put two bowls down for Waffles and Roxy.

Haylee heads towards her grandmother’s bedroom. She knocks on the door.

“Come in.” Debbie was getting dressed.

Haylee walks into the bedroom when she hears her grandmother give her permission. She sees her grandmother in her bra and panties putting on a pair of blue jeans. Her grandmother was fastening them.

Debbie saw Haylee walk into the bedroom. A smile appears on her face “Haylee, it's so good to see you. What bring you to see me this morning?”

“Grandpa’s Cessna was missing from the hangar this morning, grandma. Did grandpa go somewhere?” Haylee walks over and sits on her
grandparent's huge bed.

“Grandpa had to leave for an emergency, Haylee. He’ll be back by the end of the week.” Debbie knew Haylee would notice Jack gone. He normally helped her feed the animals in the morning.

Debbie puts on a nice blouse that went with her jeans. She tucks the blouse into the waistband of her pants. She sits down next to Haylee and hugs her.

Haylee returns the hug. She’ll miss having her grandpa helping her. Since she came to live with the Bounty’s, she has never had grandparents before. She has come to love them.

“Come on, let’s go and put some food into you.” Debbie stands up off the bed with Haylee.

Debbie couldn't tell any of the family that Cheshire had called him, late last night.

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Uhhhh ohhhhh

Samantha Heart's picture

If Chashire called Jack things are about to get REALLY REALLY UGLY with the hunters AND those in D.C.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

No need to worry the grandkids

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting that late night call, and Jack gone, can only mean its hit the fan.

Not telling Haylee about the call, or what Jack might have told Debbie, helps keep Haylee from being upset. Being told when he'll return helps put Haylee at ease.

Others have feelings too.