Ignorance is No Excuse for Hating Someone Part 31 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Jack takes out a bottle of Irish whiskey he brought with him from home and pours it into a custom-made crystal glass. He takes a sip from the glass as he looks out the big bay window in his office. He was worried about Cheshire and his girls. The men that came with Amy had managed to stop the bleeding and they were resting in their bedrooms.

The last thing he wanted was to go to war with organizations that have been around for centuries, but what choice did he have? He pours a little more whiskey into his glass. He was now allying himself with creatures, who had only recently been myths and legends to the world.

How was he going to explain this to his wife and how was supposed to protect her now? He reaches down next to his chair and scratches the top of Chaos' head. The original Chaos was buried on his ranch in Montana.

He takes another sip from his glass as he watches as the sun descends. He turns around when he hears someone knocking on his office door.

“Enter!”

Anika comes walking into her big brother’s office. She notices he had an old bottle of Irish whiskey out and was drinking from it.

“I hope you have a second glass to share that whiskey.” Anika walks over and sits down in the chair in front of the hand made desk.

Jack opens the drawer he kept the whiskey and his glass in. He pulls out a second one for his little sister. He pours some of the whiskey into the glass and hands it to her.

“Thanks.” Anika takes a sniff and could tell it was one of her brother’s favorites.

She takes a sip of it and moans as it slides down her throat. It was smooth as it went down her throat.

“This is a good whiskey.” As she looks at her brother.

“I know.” Jack takes another sip from his glass.

“Any word yet about Cheshire?” Anika knew her brother was concerned about his best friend.

“None yet.” He takes another sip of his whiskey.

“I checked on the girls before I came to your office. Dr. Garner said they should be alright. Whoever tended to their wounds did a good job.
Also, whatever cut the girls was razor-sharp.” Anika holds her glass out to her brother for a refill.

Jack pours some more whiskey into her glass. He figures between the two of them, they were going to kill the bottle.

“Thanks. Bart and Bear are driving Rachel and Casey to the airport.” Anika takes another sip from her glass.

“Any word from any of your crew?” Jack had sent Terry, Aylin, and Shade to Brazil as a favor to Don Juan.

“Yes. Terry, Aylin, and Shade are on their way back. They should be in the states by tomorrow. Elizabeth and her wife are new mothers. All four
babies were born without any problems. I’ve already sent them flowers and informed the hospital that the company is picking up the hospital bill. I also notified The Trickster and her partner to inform your niece and her wife that they are in danger.”

“You better contact the Romano’s and give them all the information we have on the Hunter’s and HSL.”

“Do you think they would go after a bunch of bounty hunters?” Anika knew about the Romano family and that they were professional bounty hunters.

“Have you seen Mrs. Romano? She looks like a Neko from an anime cartoon.”

“Well, she’s no stranger than Aylin with her white face and such.” Anika was hoping Aylin would get rid of her white face and such, but it was
permanently tattooed white.

“Aylin can hide her pale skin behind some make-up. Mrs. Romano can’t hide what she is. She has cat ears, tail, eyes and some facial features as well.” Jack brings a picture up on his cellphone and shows his little sister.

Anika looks at the picture and was curious how someone could be born that way. She couldn’t believe how the woman looked.

“How is that possible?” Anika hands the cellphone back to Jack.

“I’m guessing her, and her sister were part of illegal genetic experiments. It’s not the first time the government has tried to splice animal DNA with human DNA.”

“She has a sister?”

“Yes, but she’s a humanoid mouse that looks like Gadget from the Disney cartoon.” Jack had done some digging into everyone his family has had contact with.

“Okay, I have to meet these people for myself.” Anika would love to meet these people.

“So, we need to alert the Romano’s as well. I’ll get in touch with them and let them know.” Anika makes a note on her cellphone.

“I think Gina has a direct number for them. One of her teams is currently working with them. Also, Newell’s daughter is working with them.”

“Your older brother, Newell?” Anika has only met him a few times.

He was nothing like Jack. He was a cop in England and his wife was the daughter of a gypsy clan leader and circus performer.

“Yep, his daughter Sophia is part of their group,” Jack remembers when she was born.

“Man, I haven’t seen her in years. I thought she was following in her mother’s footsteps of being a circus performer?”

“She did, up until the circus she performed with, ran into financial troubles. They had to close and she didn’t want to work for MI 6. So, she
joined the security company Gina manages.”

“Now that is strange. A Bounty who didn’t want to work for MI 6. I thought it was a required requirement to work for them.” Anika loved teasing her big brother.

Jack just scowls at her. He knew Anika was just being herself.

“You know, I should have never adopted you as my sister. You’re too much like our older sister.” Jack finishes his drink off.

“You know you love me, big brother. Besides, if I didn’t pick on you occasionally, Dakota would. Oh, Mouse will be here in two weeks for her
vacation.” Anika takes another sip of her whiskey.

“I haven’t forgotten. She’ll be okay because unless the Hunters and HSL want to deal with MI 6, they will leave her alone. Have Morgana start her cyber attack against the Hunters and HSL. I want them to learn what the cost is for declaring war with me.”

“You are being vindictive. You know she’s going to enjoy doing what you ask.” Anika knew how much Morgana and her crew enjoy tearing into other hackers and such apart.

An evil smile appears on Jack’s face. He knew when he partners with Morgana what she was capable of. If he had to, he had other hackers in his employment that could help her.

“So, how much longer are you going to remain here?” Anika knew she needed to get back to New York.

“Until, the end of the week. Those prisoners we captured; I want to squeeze for information. Plus, Chaos hasn’t had all his fun yet.” Jack reaches down and pets his best friend.

Anika looks at the huge walking furball laying by Jack. The one he currently had was the first clone of the original.

“Sometimes I think you love that wolf more than anyone else.”

“There are times, but I love Debbie and my children.”

“What? I don’t earn a mention?” Anika looked hurt.

“Yes, I love you too. Now, go and pack your bags.”

Anika stands up and salutes Jack “yes, sir!” She turns and walks out of Jack’s office.

Jack watches as Anika leave. A few minutes later, he hears someone knocking on his door again.

“Enter.”

Amy comes walking in “Mr. Bounty. This letter has come for you from the council.”

Amy was holding a parchment letter, sealed with wax in the middle. She walks over and hands it to Jack.

Jack accepts the letter “what council?”

“The supernatural council. I’m surprised you never heard about it.” Amy gave Jack a weird look.

“He opens the letter and it was an invitation for him and one other to appear before the council to talk about an alliance.”

“Well, that was fast.” Jack looks at Amy.

“Word travels fast among the supernatural. If it is what I think it is, then that is a good thing. Having a partnership with you and your people will be the greatest asset we will have in this fight.”

Jack just looks at Amy and wonders why they needed him and his family. Maybe this council could answer his question.

“Thank you, Amy.”

“You’re welcome.” Amy turns and leaves Jack’s office.

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmmm Jack does know how to fight dirty

Samantha Heart's picture

And the hunters & help will learn this. I think the other he will take is Cheshire as she has seen the Cat goddess. And knows about the supernatural.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

School has begun

Jamie Lee's picture

The Hunters should have left Jack and the others alone. But they're to arrogant to think rationally.

Their mistake has been made, now it's time for their lessons to begin. And those lessons will hurt in a big way.

Others have feelings too.