To Make A Wish, Book 2, Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

 © November 2012


Chapter Ten

Previously...

    “Sheana warned you that Jo wouldn’t be able to return if he got pregnant while being Josie or any other female.” Hypatia pointed out.

     “How can she be pregnant so soon? It only just happened several hours ago.” Sara said, suddenly feeling very much awake now as she sat up on the bed looking down at the still sleeping form of Josie. “How do I tell my boyfriend that he’s pregnant and will be stuck as a girl for the next nine months?” Sara asked as she looked up at Hypatia for an answer.

And now the story continues......

     “I think he might realise something is wrong when he wakes and finds he’s still Josie.” Hypatia said stating the obvious.

     “Maybe Sheana can help reverse it all before it’s too late.” Sara said looking hopeful.

     “Sheana’s magic won’t let any harm come to the child Josie now carries Sara.” Hypatia pointed out. “This baby will be safe inside Josie until she gives birth in nine months.”

     “What’s he going to tell his mum when he goes home?” Sara said as she felt a dark cloud settling over their lives.

     “Jo’s parents will never believe that this young woman is their son, not without Sheana and you showing them magic and who you both are, and even then I doubt they would accept it as being the truth.” Hypatia sighed.

    Josie had started to stir due to Sara and Hypatia talking. She opened her eyes and went to sit up, but soon noticed something was different, or more to the point not different. Jo could tell he was still Josie by the weight on his chest and the lack of something between his legs other than soreness from what the man had done to her in the alley behind the cafe.

     “Why am I still Josie?” He asked in that very distinctive cute female voice Josie had. He looked down at his hand to see if he’d forgotten to take the ring off, but all he saw was Josie’s little hand and no ring on it. He looked at the bedside table and saw the time on the clock and then the ring sat on the table just in front of it.

     “I need you to stay calm why I explain what we think the problem is.” Sara started to say.

     “Why do people always ask you to stay calm when they’re about to tell you something that they know will make you freak out?” Josie asked as her voice jumped a couple of octaves due to her fear levels rising.

     “I’m sorry baby...” Sara said before she stopped herself when she realised what she’s just called Josie.

     “Sorry for what? Why am I still a girl?” Josie asked in a pleading tone as she started feeling her body to see if it was just a bad dream.

    Sara looked at Hypatia for some help, but Hypatia just looked pointedly at her and then Josie as if to say ‘you need to do this’. Sara let out a sigh before she broke the news to Josie. “We think the reason you’re still Josie is due to you now being pregnant.” Sara waited for Josie to freak out, but she just looked at Sara like she’d spoken in a language that she didn’t understand.

     “I must still be asleep and dreaming, or having a nightmare.” Josie said more to herself than Sara or Hypatia. “It must be my mind trying to work through the shock of what happened.” She added in a calm voice.

     “Josie, this isn’t a dream, or a nightmare.” Sara said as she reached over and pinched Josie’s arm to let her see that she was very much awake.

     “OUCH! That hurt...” Josie trailed off as she looked at Sara with a look that said she now understood what Sara had said, and the fact it was real. “PREGNANT! How can I be pregnant?” Josie screamed out in a tone that could almost shatter glass.

     “I could tell you about the birds and the bees, but I think you already know all that stuff.” Sara said trying to make light of what had happened.

     “Do you think this is some big joke?!” Josie snapped back angrily. “I’m stuck as a girl and pregnant and you think it’s a laughing matter?” Josie growled as she jumped to her feet.

     “I’m sorry baby, but I’m just as freaked about all this as you are.” Sara said as she got to her feet and tried to comfort her.

     “I doubt that anyone could be as freaked as me right now.” Josie shot back as she slapped Sara’s arms away from her while she stepped back like it was all Sara’s fault this had happened. “Get Sheana back here and tell her to fix this right now.” Josie added as she stamped her foot on the ground like a child having a temper tantrum.

     “We’re going to have a word with Sheana about it, but Tia and I seem to think that there’s nothing Sheana will be able to do.” Sara started to explain what she and Hypatia had been talking about.

     “What do you mean?” Josie screamed. “Are you saying I’m going to be a girl from now on?” She asked.

     “Probably for the next nine months yes, but after that I guess you’d become Jo again.” Sara shrugged, not sure how this would work.

     “Probably...? That’s the best you can tell me?” Josie said with anger in her voice.

     “I’m just as in the dark about all this as you are Josie.” Sara shot back. “The baby will need to be breast fed, so I’m not sure if the spell that’s keeping you as Josie will last until the baby doesn’t need your milk anymore.” Sara added as she started to babble out her thoughts.

     “Sara, I don’t think you’re helping matters.” Hypatia pointed out as she could see Josie was starting to lose it big time now Sara had mentioned breast feeding.

     “Breast feeding...? Babies...? Living as a girl and giving birth...?” Josie asked as she put her hands on her belly like she was already going to feel a bump.

     “I’m sorry Josie; I didn’t mean to upset you even more.” Sara said as she went to touch Josie again, but Josie just backed away even more.

     “You should be sorry; this is all your fault.” Josie growled through gritted teeth. “This never would have happened if I’d never met you, or found out about magic.” Josie spat out as she backed away from Sara even more.

     “I know you don’t mean that Josie.” Sara said with tears in her eyes as she moved closer trying to offer Josie some comfort in her moment of pain.

     “Just get away from me Sara.” Josie said backing up even more as she raised her hands in a form of a barrier between them. “I never want to see you ever again, just get away from me!” She screamed out as she stepped forward and pushed Sara away from her.

    Sara let Josie push her back even though she could have stopped her if she’d wanted, but Sara didn’t want to let Josie stop her, Sara realised that Josie was right and it was all her fault this happened.

    Josie pushed Sara a couple more times until she was out in the hallway and then she turned to look at Hypatia, but she didn’t try to push her out the room, Hypatia just left of her own accord. Josie slammed the door shut and then looked around the strange room before she felt so very alone and fell onto the bed sobbing her eyes out. Jo hated this female body more at the minute because of all the crying he was doing, not that he could think of himself as a male anymore after being raped and now stuck in this female body until he’d given birth and possibly breast fed the baby until it was old enough to take normal food.

    Sara just stood out in the hallway looking at the now closed door as she heard Josie sobbing on the other side.

     “What are you doing Sara?” Hypatia asked when she saw Sara reaching up to her hidden locket to activate her slayer armour.

     “I’m doing as Josie asked and leaving her alone.” Sara said just before she morphed into the Slayer and touched her belt.

    Hypatia went to stop her, but Sara was gone in a blink, leaving Hypatia with two messed up teenage girls to deal with. Hypatia let out a sigh and then made her way down to her study so she could give Karen a call and let her know about the latest problem and to see if Karen could talk some sense into Sara and get her to come back and help Josie deal with all this. Hypatia knew that Josie was just speaking out of fear and she didn’t really mean anything she’d just said to Sara, and once she’d calmed down Josie would want Sara with her through whatever was to come.

    Sara had blinked back to the house, right into her room and she fell onto the bed sobbing her heart out the minute she’d made her slayer armour vanish again. Sara knew she had no way to help Jo out, and if what Hypatia had said was true, neither would Sheana. Jo was going to be stuck as Josie until he’d given birth to some psycho’s baby in nine months. Sara never bothered to look over when she heard a knock at her bedroom door just before she heard someone enter.

     “You shouldn’t be here like this sweetie.” Her mother’s voice said as Karen sat on the edge of the bed and pulled a still sobbing Sara into a hug.

     “Where should I be then mother...?” Sara asked as she looked up at her mother through pander eyes. “I guess Tia called and told you what happened?” Sara snuffled.

     “Yes she called me, and I think you need to be back there with Josie.”

     “Josie said she never wanted to see me again.” Sara said as her tears started again. “She blames me for what’s happened to her.”

     “She’s just scared and upset over what happened.” Karen pointed out. “I bet if you went back there now she’d throw her arms around you and never want you to leave again.” Karen added in her mother knows best voice.

     “But I am to blame for what happened to her mum. Jo is now stuck as a pregnant teenage girl all because of me.” Sara choked out through her tears.

     “You weren’t the animal that raped her baby, and Jo could have refused to become Josie at anytime, but he chose to become her.” Karen argued.

     “But he only became Josie to keep me happy.”

     “Did you like him more as Josie?” Karen asked.

     “I didn’t care what he looked like, and I still don’t mum, I just love to be with him as a person.” Sara sobbed.

     “Then stop blaming yourself for what happened.” Karen said in a scolding tone. “Just give Josie some time and she’ll want you back again.”

    Sara hoped her mother was right, but it didn’t stop them needing to work out some way to stop Jo’s family finding out about him being a pregnant teenage girl now, or thinking he’s ran away when he doesn’t go home at the end of the day. Karen must have been thinking the same thing because she asked the same question.

     “Do you have any thoughts on what we tell Jo’s parents? He can’t go home as Josie, and I’d hate to think what his parents would do if they did believe she was their son when they find out she’s pregnant.” Karen said as she tried to work out what she would do. It was hard enough on Karen when Sara first came home with Sheana and she found out magic was real among other things.

     “I’ll have to wait for Sheana and Michelle to get home and see what thoughts they have on it all because I can’t begin to try and work all this out, and they can go and have a word with Josie to see what she wants to do.” Sara said as she sat up and wiped her eyes with a tissue her mother handed her.

     “Maybe you should go with them and get all of this between you and Josie laid to rest before it goes on to long.” Karen sighed.

     “You didn’t see how angry she was mum, I think I’m the last person Josie would want to see at the minute.” Sara said as she still had the memory of Josie pushing her out the room and slamming the door in her face, fresh in her mind.

     “Okay.” Karen sighed. “Just don’t wait for Josie to make the first move because she’s not in the best frame of mind at the minute and she needs to see that you still love her.”

     “Okay mother.” Sara said as she let her mother give her a hug before she got off the bed and then left the room to give Sara some time to think.

    Josie was curled up on the bed when she heard a knock at the door. “Go away!” She shouted to whoever it was. The person took no notice and knocked again, so Josie got off the bed thinking it was going to be Sara wanting to talk, and Josie was still angry with her for what happened. “I said...” Josie trailed off when she saw it was Natalie.

     “I’m sorry to bother you Josie, but I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay between us?” Natalie asked looking nervous about facing Josie again after she saw her kill that man in the alley. “I can see you’re still upset about everything, so I’ll leave you alone.” Natalie added as she turned to leave again.

     “Please don’t go Natalie.” Josie said as she reached out and grabbed hold of her arm. “I don’t want to be alone.” She pleaded as she started to pull Natalie into the room.

     “Okay.” Natalie said with a smile as she let Josie pull her over to the bed so they could both sit down. “Tia said you were pretty upset earlier, and you told Sara that you never wanted to see her again.”

     “I did, but I didn’t mean it.” Josie snuffled. “I was just scared over what that man did to me, but part of me does blame Sara for it all at the same time.” Josie added looking confused.

     “Do you really blame Sara though?” Natalie asked.

     “No, but she’s the easiest person for me to point a finger at, but I wish she was here now so I could also hug her and say sorry.” Josie growled at just how confused she was over everything. “Is she still here at the mansion?” Josie asked looking hopeful that she could go and find her.

     “No, she left just after you said you didn’t want to see her ever again, but Tia did call Karen and explain everything to her, so hopefully she’ll come back soon and you can kiss and make up.” Natalie smiled.

     “I’m not sure Sara will want to kiss me now.” Josie said sounding depressed. “Not now I’ve been...” She trailed off, not able to say the word.

     “Now you’ve been raped?” Natalie finished for her. “If you think that would stop Sara from loving you Josie, then you don’t really know her very well at all.” Natalie snapped out and then had to take a couple of deep calming breaths to stop herself changing into her vampire from. “I’m not proud of what I did today, but I’m glad it was me that killed that animal and it wasn’t Sara that found him raping you, Sara is too good a person to live with a death like that.” Natalie said as she realised she was glad it was her and not Sara that killed Josie’s rapist.

     “And what about you having blood on your hands over it?” Josie asked looking a little shocked at how Natalie was defending Sara.

     “I’ve already got blood on my hands with my uncle, so one more doesn’t make much difference.” Natalie shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal, even if deep down she was still upset that she lost control and killed the man, but it was more because she would have liked to have tortured him for a couple of years first.

     “I know this may sound a bit weird, but thank you for what you did.” Josie said as she leaned over and gave Natalie a hug.

     “I just wish I’d gotten there before he raped you.” Natalie said as she lightly hugged Josie back remembering to be gentle with her.

     “I’m just glad you got there at all.” Josie admitted as she started to cry again. “God, I hate this female body. All I want to do is cry one minute and then punch something the next.” Josie crumbled as she broke the hug and wiped her already puffy red eyes.

     “Feel free to punch me.” Natalie grinned. “Half vampire remember.” She added.

     “I’m not going to punch the girl that saved me.” Josie said as she playfully slapped Natalie on the arm.

     “She says as she hits me anyway.” Natalie giggled, which seemed to set Josie off with a giggling fit which soon turned into more tears.

    Natalie was still holding Josie in her arms when there was another knock at the door and they both looked over and saw Sheana and Michelle stood in the open doorway looking nervous about entering.

     “Hi Josie, is it okay if we come in?” Michelle asked as the two of them remained at the door waiting for an answer.

    Josie just nodded as she held out her arms to get a hug from the two girls that were now running over to the bed. Josie fell back as she was hit by the both of them and they all hugged each other.

     “We weren’t sure you’d want to see us after what you said to Sara.” Michelle explained their reason for asking if Josie wanted to see them. “I wish you wouldn’t pin all the blame on Sara, she’s pretty messed up over it all and she blames herself for everything anyway.” Michelle added.

     “I know what I said was wrong Michelle, and I didn’t mean any of it. I was just angry over what happened and scared about being pregnant.” Josie said as she started crying again.

    Michelle and Sheana hugged her again. “I’m sorry about what happened to you Josie, I feel like I’m more to blame than Sara is.” Sheana said as she rubbed Josie’s back.

     “That asshole that raped me is the one to blame, not you or Sara.” Josie said as she finally got control of her emotions, or the ones that were making her cry anyway. Anger felt like a better one for her to deal with right now. “Did Sara come with you?” Josie asked.

     “No, she’s doing as you asked and staying away, but she did lay out an idea for a plan of action.” Michelle started to explain. “She thinks it best if I use a ring to pretend to be you, so we can stop your parents from worrying about you.”

     “But that would mean you becoming a boy again.” Josie pointed out. “I couldn’t ask you to do that Michelle.”

     “You didn’t ask me, I offered.” Michelle reminded her.

     “Thanks Michelle, but that’s only going to be a short term fix to the problem. I can’t expect you to play me most the time for the next nine months or so.” She pointed out.

     “We can work on a more long term plan later, but for right now this is the best we can come up with, and I know your family about as well as you do.” Michelle pointed out. “I may kill your little sister before I’ve done though.” Michelle warned as she thought about spending time around Jo’s sister Abigail.

     “That’s about the only thing I won’t miss not being able to go home.” Josie grinned for the first time since Michelle and Sheana arrived.

     “I think Sara would have jumped at the chance to sacrifice herself if she could, and she would have become you, but My Genie spell won’t let her be transformed into anything else.” Sheana sighed as she remembered how sad Sara looked just before the two of them left the house to come here.

     “Is there really no way to cancel this pregnancy and make me Jo again?” Josie asked Sheana with a pleading in her eyes.

     “Not with light magic, and I won’t go anywhere near dark magic as the price would be too great for you.” Sheana warned.

     “I don’t like the sound of that myself.” Josie said looking worried.

     “What do you think you’ll do with the baby when it’s born?” Michelle asked.

     “I can’t say I’ve given it much thought yet.” Josie said trying to be sarcastic, but she just looked too cute to pull it off. “I’m still hoping that it’s just a mistake.” She added as she placed a hand on her belly.

     “I’m sorry Josie, but if it was a mistake, you would have become Jo again by now, but until the baby is born you are protected from all harm and all magic.” Sheana explained with a sad smile.

     “I wish Sara was here right now.” Josie sighed.

     “Don’t you think she’s had enough of your temper for one day?” Michelle asked with a frown.

     “I don’t want to shout at her, I just want her to hold me in her arms.” Josie pouted as she wrapped her own arms around her, but it just wasn’t the same as letting Sara hold her.

     “Sheana and I will have a word with her for you later, and see if we can talk her into coming to see you, but what you said to her was what she was already thinking about herself anyway, so it might be hard getting her to come and see you.” Michelle warned.

     “I never meant anything I said to her, I was just freaking out from the rape and finding out I was stuck as a girl and pregnant as well.” Josie said close to tears again. “I just want to be close to Sara again now I’ve calmed down.” Josie snuffled as she took a tissue off Natalie and blew her nose.

     “Sara recognised that the guy who raped you was the same one she threw out the cafe the other weekend, so she still thinks it was her fault all this happened to you.” Michelle admitted.

     “Oh I see...” Josie said as her head dropped in shame. “Do you think she’ll ever talk to me again then now?” Josie asked with fresh tears running down her cheeks.

     “I’m sure she will; just give her some time to deal with her pain.” Michelle said as she pulled Josie into a hug. Josie found it odd to have Michelle seem bigger than her, because as Jo she would be much bigger and able to wrap her arms around Michelle like she was able to do now to her.

     “I wouldn’t want to be any misbehaving vampires tonight with the mood Sara was in when we left.” Sheana frowned.

     “She’s going out as the slayer tonight and you’re not with her?” Josie said looking shocked.

     “She’s got Prue watching her back, and I was ordered to come and help you and Michelle finalise the plan for Michelle to be you and stop your parents getting worried when you don’t go home.” Sheana explained. “Sara will be fine; I just stand around looking pretty most the time anyway.” Sheana added with a grin.

     “I’m just worried she might make a mistake with her head not being focused on what she has to do.” Josie admitted.

     “All this worry for someone you never wanted to see again.” Michelle mocked her.

     “I’ve already said I was sorry for all that, and I never meant it.” Josie shot back with anger in her voice.

     “Sara knows everything you said came from someplace deep inside, and it’s not as easy to take that sort of stuff back as it is to say it in the first place. I can’t see this being a quick kiss and make up sort of deal.” Michelle sighed.

     “I can wait and do whatever it takes to make things right between us again.” Josie said looking determined to win back Sara’s love.

     “Sheana and I will try to talk her into coming over and talking with you about it all, but I don’t think she’ll be very eager to come over, but you already know how stubborn she can be.” Michelle rolled her eyes.

     “Can’t Sheana just magically make her come here so we can talk about everything?” Josie asked looking hopeful.

     “Don’t drag me into this mess anymore than I already am.” Sheana said looking worried. “Sara would never forgive me if I used my magic to get the two of you together, and it wouldn’t mean as much as the two of you doing it on your own when you’re both ready to do so.” Sheana added sounding quite wise about it all.

     “Sheana’s right Josie, Sara and you need to decide when you’re both ready to face each other, and a couple of days for you to come to terms with all this and calm down properly won’t be a bad thing either.” Michelle admitted.

     “A couple of days?” Josie asked. “But I need her now.” She added with a whine.

     “You should have thought about that before you told her to go away.” Michelle said in a scolding tone. “Now let’s get this show on the road and let me become you and we can stop your parents freaking out for a couple more days.” Michelle said as she rubbed her hands together and looked at Sheana.

    Sheana pulled out a plain gold band and then she cast a spell on it to make Michelle look like Jo, then Michelle slipped it on her finger and she changed into the spitting image of Jo and even sounded like him when she spoke.

     “What are you going to do if my parents ask you a question that only I would know?” Josie asked.

     “Sheana’s come up with a little spell that will let you into my mind, but only when I’m wearing this ring and I’m pretending to be you, but it means that you will need to wear this other ring for it to work.” Michelle/Jo explained as Sheana handed Josie another wring that was sized for her hand.

     “This all seems so weird talking to myself like this.” Josie said as she took the ring off the new Jo and slipped it on her finger. “I don’t feel anything happening.” Josie pointed out as she held up her hand with the ring on it.

     “It works a little like Sara’s mind link, but it’s just the two of us in it, and you should be able to see out of my eyes if you focus.” Josie heard Michelle/Jo say in her head, just like Sara did to her from time to time.

     “So I just use my inner voice like I do when talking to Sara this way and you can hear me?” Josie thought back.

     “Yep, you got it.” Came Michelle/Jo’s reply in Josie’s head. “Looks like we’re all set then.” Michelle/Jo said out loud.

     “Does it all work alright?” Sheana asked nervous over what Michelle was about to do.

     “Yes, you did an amazing job like always baby.” Michelle/Jo said as he looked down at Sheana as he wrapped his arms around her.

     “This feels weird.” Sheana commented as she looked up into Jo’s eyes, but knew it was Michelle in there.

     “It looks weird.” Josie said as she looked at her male self with his arms wrapped around Sheana.

     “You better look away then Josie, because it’s about to get even weirder.” Michelle/Jo grinned just before he leaned down and started kissing Sheana.

     “Could this be classed as me cheating on Sara?” Josie asked with a puzzled look as she watched His male self and Sheana kissing.

     “I guess it could.” Natalie shrugged as she stepped over to Josie’s side as they both watched Sheana and Michelle/Jo kissing.

     “I’ll use my phone app to get to Jo’s and then I’ll go through your normal routine when you get home before going to your room and then making it look like I’m turning in for the night before I use my phone to return here.” Michelle/Jo explained.

     “What happens if Jo’s mum goes to check on him later in the night, or early in the morning?” Natalie asked as she saw a possible flaw in their plan.

     “That’s what I have this little beauty for.” Michelle/Jo grinned as he held up a little action figure.

     “That’s a toy soldier.” Natalie pointed out with a raised eyebrow that said she was beginning to have some serious doubts about this plan of theirs.

     “It may look like a toy, but it has a built in web cam and listening device that will warn me if anything like that happened, and I can blink over there and make it look like Jo was just fast asleep and it took him some time to open his bedroom door.

     “Won’t your mum think it odd to have your bedroom door locked?” Natalie asked as she looked at Josie.

     “No, I’ve been locking my door for years now, so I could keep the freak out.” Josie frowned.

     “The freak?” Natalie looked puzzled.

     “Abigail, my little sister and a real pain in the backside.” Josie groaned.

     “She can’t really be that bad can she?” Natalie asked.

     “Yes she can.” Michelle/Jo said with a frown.

     “I sometimes wish that I’d had a sister or a brother, but not while I lived with my uncle.” Natalie said with a faraway look in her eyes and then a shudder as she thought about Neal’s uncle getting his hands on them.

     “You can have Abinormal if you want, that will soon make you change your mind.” Josie giggled.

     “Abinormal...?” Natalie asked with a puzzled look.

     “Abigail Norman, but I nicknamed her Abinormal.” Josie giggled some more.

     “She really hates it when Jo calls her that as well.” Michelle/Jo grinned as he thought about calling her that when he got to Jo’s house.

     “Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Sheana said looking worried for Michelle/Jo.

     “I’ll be fine and I’m not sure Jo’s mum would look kindly on me taking Mike’s girlfriend up to his room.” Michelle/Jo pointed out.

     “She’d freak out big time, and not in a good way.” Josie frowned as she had a vision of her mother turning red faced just before her head exploded.

     “So she wouldn’t take the fact you’re a pregnant teenage girl very well then?” Natalie asked with a giggle.

     “I can’t even think of a word strong enough to describe how badly my mother would take this news if she ever finds out.” Josie said with a shudder.

     “Wish me luck.” Michelle/Jo said with a sigh as he got Jo’s phone out and punched in the number and then said the command that would take him to just outside Jo’s parent’s house.

    Josie watched Michelle who now looked like his male self get engulfed in a blue mist just before he was gone. Josie wished it was her going home like she’d done so many times in the past, but that wasn’t going to happen and he was stuck as Josie until the baby was born that he now carried inside this female form. But most of all Josie wished that Sara was there to say that everything would be alright.

     “Can you still hear me Josie?” Michelle/Jo said in her mind.

     “Yes, I can hear and see out your eyes now I’m focusing on it.” Josie thought back.

    Josie watched as Michelle entered the house and said hi to his parents in the living room before making his way up to his room.

     “Do you want me to make you some dinner Jo?” His mum asked as he was leaving the room.

     “No thanks mum, I’ve already eaten while I was out.” Michelle/Jo informed her.

     “Tell her that you need to go up and get your homework done.” Josie thought to Michelle.

     “I have some homework to get finished, so I’m going to head up to my room now. Night mum, dad.” Michelle/Jo said.

     “I thought we told you that you needed to get your homework done on a Friday night before you started your weekend?” Jo’s mum grumbled at him.

     “I had a lot of it, so I could only get half of it done last night, and I’m doing the other half tonight.” Michelle/Jo explained.

    Michelle/Jo left the room before Jo’s mum could say anymore to him about it, but he then found Abigail sat on the stairs grinning because he’d just been told off.

     “Hey Abi...normal.” Michelle/Jo said only just remembering to add in the rest of the nickname, as Mike use to just call her Abi, but Jo always added the Normal part at the end to tease her.

     “Shut up creep!” Abigail snapped at him as he walked past her up the stairs and she tried to punch him, but she was too small to do any serious damage.

     “Does the truth hurt kiddo?” Michelle/Jo asked with a chuckle as he kept on walking up the stairs to Jo’s room where he entered and then closed the door and locked it to keep Abigail out more than Jo’s parents.

     “How does it feel to be a male again and in my room?” Josie thought to Michelle.

     “It feels all wrong being a boy again, but it’s nice to see your mum and dad.” Michelle thought back with a smile. “It’s even kind of nice seeing Abigail as well.” Michelle admitted.

     “Now you’re worrying me.” Josie thought back with fear in her voice.

     “Maybe I could use this to bring you and Abigail closer together and give her the loving big brother she’s always wanted.” Michelle thought back, but was having to fight the urge to start giggling as she could only imagine what shade of purple Josie was turning right now.

     “Don’t even joke about doing stuff like that.” Josie pleaded. “I’ve spent years making sure she hates me, just so I don’t have to play the protective big bother.” Josie added.

     “You talk like that, but I can remember a couple of times when you’ve gone to her rescue in the past, just like any loving big brother would.” Michelle thought back sounding smug with herself.

     “Abi was only ever nice to you as mike because she had a crush on you.” Josie said.

     “She was a little young for me, and I’m not sure I was ever going to be suitable for her either to hear your mother speak.” Michelle giggled. “I really wouldn’t be suitable for her now, well normally anyway, not that I’m saying incest is a valid reason for me and your sister to get together.” Michelle mumbled on.

     “I get the point, so please stop thinking about it.” Josie shuddered at the thought of Michelle and Abigail getting together.

     “Sorry, but my mind just gets away from me sometimes.” Michelle thought back with a giggle. “I’m on my way back now the parental units think you’re in the house safe and sound.” Michelle thought with some pride for a mission well done. Michelle/Jo punched in the number after placing the action figure on the bedside table and set up another app on Jo’s phone to warn them if anyone knocked on the door. Michelle would be keeping Jo’s phone for the time being anyway as it would have to be her pretending to be Jo that would answer it anyway.

    Michelle slipped off the ring the minute she appeared back at Hypatia’s place, she was glad to be back in her female form again, and she was soon hugging and kissing Sheana to show how much she’d missed her in the short time they were apart, and Michelle had been a boy again.

     “Feel better now you’re a girl again?” Sheana asked between kisses.

     “Much better.” Michelle purred just before she kissed Sheana again.

    Josie found herself feeling jealous of Sheana and Michelle being able to kiss each other, while she wasn’t sure if she’d ever get to hold Sara in her arms again, never mind kiss each other. Josie found herself wondering if Sara was still back at her home or if she was already out patrolling with Prue looking for some poor vampire to take out her anger on.

     “Are you sure you want to go out and do a patrol tonight Sara?” Prue asked just before she morphed into her armour. Sara was already in hers and pacing impatiently as she waited for Prue to stop dragging her feet.

     “If you don’t want to come, then I’ll go out on my own.” Sara snapped. “I said you didn’t need to come in the first place, but Sheana wouldn’t go over to Hypatia’s unless you did.” Sara grumbled.

     “If you think I’m letting you go out alone while you’re in this foul mood, you’ve got another thing coming.” Prue snapped back. “I think your time would be better spent going to see Josie though.” Prue added.

     “Josie doesn’t want to see me any more remember.” Sara said with a sarcastic smile. “And I can’t say I blame her either after what happened to her.” Sara added sounding angry with herself.

     “What happened to Josie wasn’t your fault Sara; she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.” Prue tried to explain.

     “The guy that raped her was the same guy I showed up in the cafe several weeks back, and he only did what he did to Josie because of me.” Sara’s slayer voice was cracking as she tried to stop herself from bursting into tears again. “I thought it would be cool to defend Josie’s honour, but all I did was encourage some creep to rape her, and now she’s stuck as Josie until the baby’s been born.” Sara growled as she tried to stop the tears. “Let’s go and kill something.” Sara added just before she touched her belt and was gone.

     “It’s going to be a long night.” Prue sighed as she touched her belt and followed Sara to their first port of call.

    The first place they always checked was a part of town where ladies of the night hung around waiting for customers. This was also where some of the vampire world liked to get a quick fix of human blood. They would glimmer a girl into thinking they were going to have sex, but the vampire would take some blood and then send the girl back to wait for their next customer thinking they just showed their last one a good time. Most vampires would even pay as though they had had sex, and if they got carried away and one of the girls died it was normally wrote up as a kinky sex game gone wrong, never a vampire attack.

    Sara was already tracking a vampire when Prue appeared, so she just followed Sara as she made her way down an alley. Prue was shocked to find any vampires in this area since Karl took over the men in black, he’d been pretty good at putting an end to vampires feeding on hookers, but it looked like one had got a little careless and he was about to pay for it with his un-dead life when Sara got her hands on him.

    A woman was just stepping out of the shadows looking a little pale from blood loss when Sara walked around a corner. The woman jumped and then quickly ran off up the alley when she saw how Sara was dressed; Sara thought the woman must have thought her to be some dominatrix with her wearing the red cat suit, corset and high heeled boots.

     “Slayer...?” A male voice asked sounding nervous about coming face to face with the new vampire nightmare. “I only took what I needed, and I paid her well for what I took.” The man tried to explain as he tried to get away from her.

     “Do you think that makes it all okay?” Sara snarled as she quickly blocked his path and slammed him against the alley wall. “You fed on a human and for that you will die.” Sara warned, but instead of pulling one of her silver stakes, she pushed the man up the wall like he weighed nothing, and then she threw him across the alley into the wall on the other side of the alley.

     “Please, I’ll stop feeding on humans. I’m begging you to give me a second chance.” The vampire pleaded with her.

     “Sorry, but I’m not in a forgiving mood tonight.” Sara said calmly as she kicked the man in the stomach sending him flying back into the wall he’d just bounced off.

     “Stop torturing him Slayer and just kill him, if that’s what you plan to do.” Prue said as she looked at Sara punishing this vampire just because Sara couldn’t get her hands on the man that she really wanted to beat to death.

     “Why should he get to have a quick death?” Sara asked as she picked him up again and then threw him back into the first wall she’d pushed him up. She then quickly shot across the alley and punched him down to the ground hearing some of his bones break as she did it.

     “Please kill me.” He begged as he let out a cry of pain.

     “Did you stop when she begged you to?” Sara snarled as she picked him up and looked him in the eyes through her sunglasses that hid her eyes from everyone. “No you didn’t, you carried on raping her.” Sara shouted as she shook the man.

     “Rape? I’ve not raped any girl.” The man said looking confused and in a lot of pain. “I just take a little blood and then pay them before compelling them into thinking they had a good time.” He tried to explain.

     “Liar!” Sara screamed as she threw the man again, but this time Prue got there before he hit the wall and she drove a silver stake into his heart.

     “Thank you.” The vampire said as he really did look happy to finally be dying before Sara punished him some more.

     “What’s your problem Prue?!” Sara snapped. “I hadn’t done with him yet.” She growled as she moved over to get in Prue’s face.

     “What’s my problem?” Prue asked looking shocked. “That wasn’t the man that raped Josie.” She pointed out.

     “No, but there all the same deep down.” Sara argued, but soon stopped when she picked up the thoughts of a woman close by who was having trouble with her pimp by the sounds of it.

     “Where are you going now?” Prue asked as she saw Sara run off down the alley like her ass was on fire. She ended up following when Sara never answered, but Prue knew it wasn’t going to be good with the mood Sara was in tonight.

     “I don’t have any more money for you Ron.” Sara heard a woman say to a man she took to be Ron as she came around the corner and witnessed the man slap the woman across the face and sent her flying to the ground holding her face where he just hit her.

     “Didn’t your father ever tell you it’s not nice to hit a lady?” Sara asked in her slayer voice as she appeared right in front of him like a flash, she was now blocking his path to the woman who was still on the floor holding her face.

     “Never knew my old man, so piss off before I give you some of the same.” The man spat out at her as he went to push her back trying to prove his point. Sara just stood her ground and the man looked puzzled when he couldn’t make her move.

     “Well let me give you a quick lesson in how not to treat a lady then shall I?” Sara said as she back handed him across the face just like he’d done to the woman still sat on the floor holding her face.

    Ron went flying to the side and bounced off a chain link fence before he fell to the ground out cold from the blow. Sara walked over to him and lifted him up off the ground like she was picking up a small child and held him at arm’s length while she shook him to see if he was faking it, but he was out for the count so she dropped him on the ground again where he slumped at her feet.

    Prue arrived just in time to see Sara drop the man on the ground, Prue thought Sara might have killed him when she saw that her wasn’t moving.

     “Sara! Please stop this insanity.” Prue pleaded with Sara. She was so shocked with the way Sara was acting that she forgot to call her the Slayer.

    Sara took no notice as she pulled her foot back to kick the man while he lay at her feet, but she failed to make contact with him when Prue ploughed into her, sending the two of them tumbling to the ground over sixty feet away from where the man still lay unconscious.

     “Stop it Sara, you’ll kill him.” Prue warned as she wrestled with Sara on the ground. “He’s not as strong as a vampire.” She added just before Sara threw her off and got to her feet again.

    Sara look set to carry on beating the guy until she heard Prue scream out in pain, this seemed to make Sara focus on something other than her anger.

     “What’s wrong Prue?” Sara asked with worry in her voice, even if she did sound different with the voice altering device around her neck. “I’m so sorry; I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Sara added as she helped Prue get to her feet again.

     “You didn’t hurt me, but I needed you to think you did long enough to make you think about what you’re doing.” Prue explained as she looked Sara in the eyes, or into her own reflection in Sara’s sunglasses. “This won’t make you feel any better about what happened to Josie.” Prue added as she pulled Sara into a hug.

     “I thought it might help a little, but it hasn’t worked.” Sara sighed. “I’m just angrier.” Sara growled.

     “Let’s make the two of them forget all this and then we can go home.” Prue said as she led Sara over to the woman that was still sat on the floor with her mouth hanging open from watching how easy Sara was able to pick up and throw the man that could so easily beat her.

    Sara compelled the woman to stop selling her body on the street or in any other way, before sending her on her way. Sara then woke and compelled the man to go to the police and tell them every bad thing he’d ever done before asking them to please lock him up for the safety of women everywhere.

    Once that was done Prue and Sara blinked home, calling it a night so Sara could calm down and deal with her feelings over what happened to Jo/Josie and how Josie had told her she never wanted to see her again.

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
139 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sara's reaction to

Josie's pregnancy can destroy all the good that she has done. Who/what impregnated Josie?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Josie was ....

Josie was raped last week at the café.

sad day it is

I feel sorry for sara and josie. I hope things turn out well for them both in the end.

Clinics

Couldn't they just visit a clinic for "Restoration of the Menses" - a non-magical medical option... a very early stage abortion.
No Dark or Light Magic involved, just mundane science. Of course they may have to use some magic or Vampiric compulsion to cover up that Josie becomes Jo in front of a doctor previously not in the know. Unless the MIB have someone usable.

Magically protected

Josie and the baby are magically protected. An abortion simply wouldn't work.

Annoying Magic curses

" “Sheana’s magic won’t let any harm come to the child Josie now carries Sara.” Hypatia pointed out. “This baby will be safe inside Josie until she gives birth in nine months.” "
hmmm Seems like Sheana's magic was fairly worthless beforehand - Josie was most certainly harmed. It only appears to kick in after Josie was violated.... More of a curse than a protection.

'Here Kid - you'll bleed, be mangled etc but if somehow you survive... we'll make sure the sleazeball rapist WINS the genetic lottery and gets to have a piece of him continue onwards.'
- sadly reminds me of Rick Santorum (Republican politician in the US). *sigh*

Though there were some lines that gave me hope that while her "white" magic couldn't do it [and the "black" variety was too icky and dangerous], that a mundane "Morning after pill" would work, since pregnancies end naturally all the time for a wide menu of causes.

Human Life

Human life ends naturally all the time for a wide menu of causes. There's a difference between dying and being killed, though.

I wonder if white magic can be used to kill an attacker in self defense. I'm pretty sure that it can't be used for the execution of a murderer, no matter how justified that might be. Purposely ending an innocent life, no matter how young or old, would be the blackest magic of all.

I'm still hopeful that the baby can be transfered to someone who wants her. Medically, it can be done any time before implantation. It's dangerous for the baby, though. We've been able to do it for animals for a few decades, and in vitro fertilization is seen as a viable alternative for infertile couples.

Maybe Shaena's magic would allow the transfer while protecting the baby and the new mother.

Wanted child

I wonder if Sheana can magically transfer the baby to a woman who desperately wants to get pregnant. It would be a win-win solution.

What kind of *benevolent* magic spell has no *backdoor*, no ...

*safe word*/protective features/panic button?

I agree, this spell punishes the victim. Do no harm? It sure is harming Jo, Sara and their relationship and that of Sheana as well. And poor Michelle has to pretend to be Jo for many months to come?

And what of the child?

Some would say it is innocent BUT you have to admit the rapist DID procreate so his strategy of violent sexual asualt WINs genetically.

And you know despite what good people they are there WILL be resentment towards the child.

I was hoping it could be transferred to Sam for instance and possibly genetically altered so it is NOT the rapist's child but so far it sounds like the magic allows no *loopholes*.

Sorry, but the girls F'd up and poor Jo paid the price.

Nice to see our witch and slayer ARE human after all.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Protection

I think the protection part of the spell is more of a side-effect than something deliberately added. After all, Shaena couldn't have predicted that Josie would get pregnant. Even the 'accidents will happen' thought isn't there, because Josie's lover can't get her pregnant. She can't even turn into a guy temporarily.

My theory is that the white magic that turns a male into a female will, by its nature, protect any new life that might result. To protect the baby, the mother must also be protected.

It would be interesting if Josie walked in front of a bus or got shot or something. Then, everyone would be happy that the protective spell kicked in. The rape then would, ironically, have saved her life.

It occurred to me that the spell that protects the baby's life might kick in before conception. Considering the timing, it must. If that's the case, using a spermicide to wash out the sperm before conception occurs might work. Or, it could be that there is no egg there at all, and that Josie will spontaneously revert to Jo once the sperm dies.

And everyone heaves a big sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, Shaena had better whip up some protection charms for Jo/Josie, Michele, and all of the other non-augmented people. After all, she already made some up for Prue and a few others.

Perhaps it could be set so that any attempted rape would cause a certain body part to get burned off of the perpetrator.

In any case, no matter what happens, Josie is going to have to deal with PTSD. Having a protective charm will help with the natural feeling of vulnerability that comes with it.

Josie

I wonder - since Josie must remain female while pregnant, wouldn't she have to remain female during menses? If that is the case, and it usually takes several days for the sperm to find the egg, couldn't Josie have been right on the verge of starting when she was raped, and rape slowed down her menses for a day or so? But then, I am almost totally ignorant about the working of the menses, and what can affect it.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

I'm sad that Josie's having

I'm sad that Josie's having to not only cope with a rape but being pregnant and stuck as female. The plan for Jo's home life is all well and good but how are they going to cover his school attendance.

Somehow I don't think it's gonna work well, plus will Josie attend school as a new student, not sure how they will pull this all off without discovery.

Great story as always, thanks for sharing.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p