Sarah's Shadow - 5 - Revelations

Printer-friendly version
Sarah's Shadow
A Venus Cursed! Story
Chapter 5 - Revelations
by Saless
 

Tiffany slept poorly that night, images of dinosaurs and dragons dancing through her head. She still didn't understand why she'd followed them, but had to admit it was kind of fun seeing dinosaurs like that. At the same time, it was rather mind blowing! Especially when Mike transformed into one, and then into a dragon. The more she thought about it, the less likely that any science could be responsible for it. Although she was reminded of the saying about advanced enough technology appearing to be magic.

She dragged herself out of bed in the morning and rushed through her morning chores. Even so she barely made it to work on time and didn't even notice the mood Sarah was in as she immediately became engrossed in going over the books. She was almost done. Mr. Holsteader wasn't going to like it, but at least she wouldn't have to deal with that headache anymore!

To Tiffany's relief she finished that task before leaving for the day. She might have finished sooner, but her mind kept drifting to what she'd seen the previous night. As soon as she clocked out she found herself driving over to Sarah's apartment again. She parked well away from it as usual and approached cautiously, not wanting the friends to see her. She spotted Jill going into Sarah's apartment. She didn't see anyone else around, so she crept over to her usual hiding place. She got there just in time to see Sarah slap Jill and disappear through another portal. Damn, I missed it! she thought, as it all happened much too quickly for her to react. The portal closed very quickly, as well, no doubt to keep Jill from following.

Her gaze was drawn back to Jill when she squeaked in alarm and ran into the bathroom. That's when Tiffany realized that Jill was now male! Does the weirdness ever stop? she thought.

Thinking this was the perfect opportunity to sneak in, Tiffany tried the door. To her dismay, it was locked. Shrugging, she retreated to her hiding place to wait.

Nothing happened for quite a while, and she was considering going home when she heard Mike approaching with a woman. She flattened herself against the wall and as far out of sight as possible. They're going to see me for sure, this spot isn't nearly as well hidden from the outside! she thought, beginning to panic. As Mike and the woman approached the shadows shifted, putting Tiffany further in shadow and making her far less visible. To her amazement neither of them saw her as Mike unlocked the door and they both went in. I guess I've got the movement of the sun to thank for that save! she thought gratefully.

She looked over the edge of the window cautiously, and saw that Mike and the woman had both gone into the back of the apartment, out of sight from the window. A quick decision was made and Tiffany tried the door again. This time it was unlocked and she carefully let herself in. Looking around the room she spotted a dark corner near the door where she could hide behind a cabinet. She crouched down in her hiding place and waited for something to happen.

Before long Mike came back with the masculinized Jill and the other woman. Mike and Jill explained what had happened to her and Tiffany learned that she was Erica, Sarah's girlfriend, and that she had no knowledge of her transformation! She also learned that Sarah's transformation was involuntary, which was quite a shock, to say the least. After that their attention seemed to be on convincing Erica of the truth of this and Tiffany tuned out to mull over what she'd learned. Sarah doesn't want to be a girl? I never would have guessed, as she seems so much happier now than before. But I guess getting rid of John, Bob, and Kyle could have made the difference. It certainly made our working environment soo much better! she thought.

Jill went into the kitchen to work on dinner and lovely smells started making their way to Tiffany.. Her stomach growled in protest and if she hadn't just learned something so earth-shattering, she would have regretted coming without eating first! She also worried that her stomach would give her away, but Mike was still talking to Erica, trying to convince her that Sean was really Sarah now.

Sometime later a portal opened and Sarah flew out of it right into the wall! There was a blast of heat and flame that followed her and Tiffany cringed as she could feel the heat of it even from where she hid. Sarah was knocked out when she hit the wall and a whole new conversation started as they tried to convince Erica that this woman was really Sean transformed.

Before long Sarah was groaning. Mike and Jill walked over to see how she was. She woke up and changed Jill back to herself, much to Jill's evident relief. Erica still refused to believe that this was Sean, and Tiffany was surprised when Sarah refused to transform Erica to prove to her that this was all real. How can that girl deny this is real after everything she's seen?! Tiffany thought.

In the end it was decided that a trip through a portal was required to convince Erica. Tiffany tensed up, intent on not missing it this time. Though she admitted to herself that it was probably for the best that she had!

Sarah opened a portal to the same world she'd just left and they all filed through. Tiffany darted out of hiding as soon as she could and dashed through the portal. She was amazed that they didn't see her, but thankful. She saw the dead dog-men on the road and heard Sarah's explanation of what happened. I'd better stay close.. I'd rather not reveal myself to them, but better that than to get eaten by some monster! she thought fearfully. She began to question the wisdom of following them, but couldn't deny the excitement of it, either.

They traveled down the road and turned at a fork. The smaller trail soon opened up into a small clearing surrounding a tower. The clearing was wide open and Tiffany was forced to stay in the shadows of the trees to remain unobserved. She watched and listened as they talked to the apprentice and were allowed in. Tiffany waited a few more seconds to let them get away from the door and then dashed across the clearing to it. She cautiously opened the door and peaked in. No one was in sight, so she slipped quietly inside and closed the door behind her.


 
To Be Continued…
 
Thanks to Puddin for posting these for me! ^_^
 


up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I stand corrected

There are five helpless little flies!* ;)

Continuing my SWAG, Tiffany has become an umbrakinesis specialist. Maybe the portals respond to main intentions of the travellers and, provided they are strong enough, contribute by granting boons to the travellers. Or maybe, just maybe, it all started on Earth, that something in the immediate area surrounding Sean's apartment was making those changes, yet it was the portal that became catalyst for the changes (autocatalytic process). So supposedly Jill and Mike could have become empowered without portal travelling, but it contributed.

Hold it. If this is indeed an autocatalytic process, then our group may have just doomed their entire world into becoming a metahuman world. Welcome to Superpowers R Us!
_______
*I am referring to my comment on VC 38

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Umbrakinesis?

I don't think I've ever heard that one before, though I think I understand the meaning. You've had some good ideas on their abilities, but of course I'm not going to say how much you got right! ;)

Superpowers R Us? Sounds like a variant on Spells R Us!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

What If

Tiffany's power is to help tell the story of the curse from an unbiased view point?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

That's an interesting idea.

That's an interesting idea. Narrator power! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Shadows

Tiffany's power is to remain in shadows...at least when she wants to. She pulls shadow to her. I wonder what Erica's power will turn out to be?

SuZie

Tiffany's power is a subset

Tiffany's power is a subset of the powers of another character I created some time ago. I couldn't give her the full set, she'd be way overpowered! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Like the wiz said...

The portal changes people.

It looks like they are putting together a nice band of adventurers. Erica gets to be the thief. Mike gets the brute force.

I wonder what kind of superpower Erica is going to get. She has a strong will, so maybe she will learn to change things with that will. A mage (or devisor,) in other words.

Could be...

Could be... ;) And I think you meant Tiffany in place of that first Erica, right?

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America