Sarah's Shadow - 3 - Fear

Printer-friendly version
Sarah's Shadow
A Venus Cursed! Story
Chapter 3 - Fear
by Saless
 

Tiffany's shock slowly faded over the course of the day. She wasn't sure she wanted answers anymore, but she couldn't ignore what she'd seen, either. In the end, she decided to try and get Sarah alone to question her on Monday.

As was becoming an irritating habit, she was sidetracked at work Monday by another new hire. She was glad they were replacing the guys Mr. Holsteader fired the previous week, but training the new girls was taking up too much of her time. Especially since she was supposed to be going over the records to find out how much Kyle had stolen.

The new girl, Kris, was turning out to be a little slower than Tina. Between training Kris and Sarah being busy with Tina, Tiffany had no chance to question Sarah alone. The woman she saw in Sarah's apartment came to pick her up. Sarah greeted her as Jill. Guess that’s Mike's girlfriend, then. she thought as she watched them leave.

Tiffany went to Sarah's apartment again after work, but Sarah's car wasn't there. She decided to knock anyway, just in case. Unsurprisingly, there was no answer. Tiffany debated hiding behind the hedge again, but decided she could be seen too easily from outside the apartment. A grumbling stomach decided the issue and she went home to eat dinner. Maybe I can catch her at work tomorrow. she thought with little hope.

Tuesday found Tiffany back at work, finally free of new hires to train. Unfortunately, Sarah was working with Kris so there was still no chance to talk to her. Tiffany decided that talking to her at work probably wasn't the best choice anyway. In fact, she wasn't sure that she didn't want to find out a little more about whatever was going on before talking to her.

With no trainees, Tiffany was able to make some progress on the records. It looked like Kyle had been stealing for months. She suspected John knew all about it. I wonder if Kyle was paying John with some of the proceeds from the stuff he stole. Assuming he was selling it, anyway. Tiffany thought.

After work she returned to Sarah's apartment. Sarah's car was there, so Tiffany decided to go straight to the window and see what she could see. As before the lights were on but no one was in sight. She waited, and was rewarded with another hole opening in the air and Sarah and Jill coming out. Sarah had a bow and arrows, while Jill had a large knife in a sheath attached to her jeans and was carrying a large, heavy looking bag. But what really caught Tiffany's attention was Mike. He was carrying a bloody sword and his lower body was that of a very large snake!

He's not even human! she thought fearfully. She was sure now that talking to Sarah alone was the only way to go. She didn't want to go anywhere near Mike! Shortly after they'd all come through the hole Mike changed back to normal. I'm glad I didn't approach them directly now! Are any of them human? she thought. Tiffany decided she'd watch these three carefully, but she wasn't going to confront any of them just yet. Just then Jill said something and pointed at the window. Tiffany ducked down and flattened herself against the wall under the window. Did they see me? she wondered. She waited, but no one opened the door. Slowly and carefully, Tiffany crawled out from behind the hedge and away from the window. Once she was sure she wouldn't be seen from the window she stood up and ran back to her car.


 
To Be Continued…
 


up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Guess that serves

Tiffany right for hiding next to windows spying ... You sometimes see things you would much rather not!!!

Kirri

How true!

She's lucky Mike wasn't in a more inhuman form than a naga! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

This could be interesting.

"Hey, Sarah, What's with you and that naga?"

"Naga? What have you been smoking?"

"Fess up, or I'll go to the cops. Maybe the press."

"And tell them what? That you found some really good stuff to smoke?"

LOL!

Good one, Ray! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I Seems Now That

This story will intersect with the maim one, unless she escapes.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Could be...

Could be... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Now that we are on the topic

Will the Dreamwalker characters, for example that princess with a mage, ever make an appearance again?

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

It's possible...

It's possible... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America