Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 3414

Printer-friendly version
The Weekly Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 3414
by Angharad

Copyright© 2023 Angharad

  
023_0.JPG

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
~~~~~~~~~
`
The slur that had been cast at Hannah proved to have come from someone with a much older sister who could remember previous slurs. The headmistress was quick to close it down by mentioning who her adopted parents were and that no one had taken them on in courts and won, including the local police force and one or two evangelicals. Although a nun, Sister Maria was no bible thumper and while they had a certain amount of religion to teach in order to stop the local catholic diocese investigating or inspecting too often. Thankfully, they didn't do so while Trish was there and would have had us excommunicated immediately, except we're not Catholic, capitalist maybe, but I am a self confessed agnostic verging(not the verging Mary) on atheism, Simon is probably the same and most of the kids also fit in this mould too. Tom pays some lip-service to the local Anglican church and he's Church of Scotland. I think because of his experiences in the churchyard in believing his wife and daughter and my young daughter to be contactable there. He's entitled to his beliefs and opinions, which are based upon his own experiences and having felt something similar at this same churchyard, I get shivers thinking of it, plus of course, the experiences of Trish and Danni and other of my girls there. Fortunately, it doesn't worry them and they accept what happens without too much thought, whereas I have to explain it to myself, rationalise what maybe isn't possible to explain, except by some self-delusion or mistaken perception. The fact that many experiences of this nature happen in a dream-like consciousness, so did they happen or not? Who knows? It worries me little because saving the planet takes priority and I forget how many letters I have written to newspapers or politicians trying to encourage the government to implement measures to reduce pollution and the usage of fossil fuels.

It seems the oil industry has been fighting a dirty war against conservationists for years, withholding data, publishing fake data and paying liars and politicians to support unwise or dangerous policies and views; look at the current government of the UK to see this. They think people are too self-interested to care about the environment, being more worried about migration and other issues.

Let's get something straight, in years to come with increase global climate change, migration will at least double if not increase tenfold because much of the planet will be uninhabitable as temperatures and droughts soar, with occasional floods and inundations, but probably not where the rain would do good. Our greed has destroyed this planet despite David Attenborough trying to say it's not too late.

Now I hear the tobacco industry has been actively trying to undermine antismoking legislation. We are run by global companies and corporations not governments which is why the planet is in such a mess, we are consumers at best, cannon fodder at worst, they are all merciless and soulless and they'll probably still be running their private jets and yachts when you and I are expiring from drought, heat or starvation, If there is a hell, I wish all of them a long period there.

Simon agreed to look at my spreadsheets after dinner; he flew through them, spotted various anomalies that I hadn't and I paid him back in bed, he thought he had a good trade off but I didn't mention that I was horny myself and enjoyed it as much as he did, and I got my spreadsheets sorted so I can write my report now. So it was win-win, I like those contests.

They say that only natural females have hormonal cycles. It's not my experience and about once a month I have a few days of horniness then it recurs about a month later, yet I'm taking the same dosage all the time. As far as I'm concerned it happens to other trans women too and they call it their period seeing as it can lead to mood swings, irrational thinking as well as sex drive swings. Some call it PMS as they do in menstruating women. It's not possible say some scientists, but like religion, it seems to happen. So much for experts (except those working with dormice - so why are they still declining? In two words, intensive agriculture and much of that is based on chemicals, greed, not understanding the needs of the land and exhaustion of the natural productiveness of their fields). We're back to global companies and hedge funds treating the countryside as another means of exploitation and making money. It seems more important than the planet despite the obvious question, when the Earth is uninhabitable where are they going to spend their money - flying to other planets and destroying those too?

Doesn't it also strike one as odd that India is trying to land something on the moon while large numbers of their population are short of food, medicines and education, Russia is waging war in Ukraine while their people sacrifice their sons for the lunacy of their leader. Populist politicians are still in the ascendancy despite it being a fact that they make things worse for everyone except the thieves who fund them. Politicians and priests, two groups who prosper by pointing out our differences, though in reality we are all the same, we are stupid self-interested fools and until we start using our brains for more than filling our craniums we are doomed.

I went for a walk and was so wrapped up in doom and gloom and my anger because of mans stupidity and greed I felt like punching someone's lights out. This wasn't helped by reading of the murder of a trans teenager by two very sick teenagers, a girl and boy who were obviously guilty from the evidence already shown, unrepentant except for being caught and also planned to kill two or three other teens because they didn't like them.

They seemed without conscience or any empathy, I think they called them psychopaths at one time but they are a product of the society in which we live and quite an indictment as to its failure and the value of life being downgraded.

If you don't feel appalled by teenagers of 15 deciding it would be fun to kill someone, then stabbing them thirty times, you are reading the wrong story on the wrong website on the wrong planet. They took away the life of a young woman who had probably gone through hell to live as she wanted, with the support of her family and was achieving that when for a whim she was murdered in a public park by people she thought were her friends. Sick doesn't begin to describe it.

I'll stop now as I'm so angry with those who feel they have a right to end the lives of others and show how vile the human race really is and we're allowing it to happen.

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's such a sad thing that happened to Brianna

Julia Miller's picture

and you can blame it all on the anti-trans media, TERFs and conservative politicians for continuing to stir up anti-trans sentiment. It seems they want to make targets of us, just because we exist.

Hard to see this in actions

Good guidance in Christian dogma says our God-given duty is to care for the world and part of the great commandment is to love one another. Sadly, the vocal churchgoing are mostly hypercritical and greedy to be forgiven when they abuse power. They seem not to hear as they speak from Jesus’ prayer “forgive us as we forgive.”

I don't always

agree with everything Cathy says but all the points she raised today all get my backing especially the murder of the young trans teenager, How awful too finally find the courage to be true to yourself only to meet such a tragic end.

There is a tendency these days amongst some teenagers to carry knives, Not something there can ever be a justification for, It's a culture that needs stamping out. punishment for carrying needs to reflect the view of the vast majority of law abiding citizens.We might have effective gun laws in the UK but knives are are an area that needs looking at ASAP.

Kirri

Unfortunately large companies

Have no conscience and could be considered psychopaths if they were real people. What's in the United states due to an act of Congress they are considered a person. Hey no one said that politicians were smart, and unfortunately corporations can be smarter.

New Zealand

joannebarbarella's picture

The new right-wing government is going to repeal the anti-smoking legislation introduced by the previous government.

And in the UK…

Robertlouis's picture

…the tobacco lobby, helped by the many Tory MPs that they fund, are furiously lobbying the government to water down Sunak’s proposals to gradually eliminate smoking here. Yes, corporations rule, not governments, but they do so in lockstep with conservative support.

☠️

why?

Appalling what happened to Brianna, why could she not be left alone, I note that there was a lot of social media exchanges between the alleged perpertators! I hate mobile phones and social media. You only have to watch the EE advert on British TV which illustrates the ease with which bullying and intimidation goes on, I find the last scene where the young girl storms off obviously upset very disturbing, she is either a very talented actress or was indeed genuinly upset over something. I am glad I am no longer young and into the modern ways

Heidi,

Angharad's picture

I share your distrust of social media, seeing it as something the ignorant can use to try and support spurious arguments. It could be of enormous good but like everything used by humans, it is polluted and poisoned and needs to reviewed with the hosts of it forced to only allow facts to be published. Then if we did that with the internet, it would close down tomorrow, there is much good there but also much rubbish if not toxic stuff.

Angharad