Manimal Part 9

Printer-friendly version

“How’s Stacy doing, Beverly?” Pollux looks over towards his sister.

“She’s lost too much blood.” Beverly looks down at the wound Stacy had received during combat with some pirates.

They were drifting around out on the Pacific Ocean in a leaking raft. The cargo ship they had been dropped onto and given orders to free the crew from a group of pirates had been trapped. They had been lured into the ship to a confined room. When Pollux used his strength to open the door, an explosion had gone off.

Stacy had been standing near Beverly when the explosion went off. She got hit by a piece of shrapnel that took her out. The explosion disoriented Dingo and Spirit. The explosion didn’t affect Beverly or Pollux, but they were forced to protect the others while Spirit tried to fire his arrows at the pirates.

When they got to the top side, the pirates set off several more explosives—sending them and several of the cargo containers into the ocean. They were lucky that a nearby life raft container was blown away from the ship.

Dingo used his ability to turn into a massive tidal wave and wash over the cargo ship. His wave sent several containers into the ocean, along with several pirates. However, the pirates still onboard the ship fired at them and damaged the life raft.

Pollux looks towards Spirit, who wasn’t looking too good, “can you tell where we are?”

“Out in the middle of nowhere. Without Stacy’s help, I can’t get a location.” Spirit was having difficulty concentrating because of the pain he was feeling from Stacy through their link.

“Dingo, can you do anything to help Spirit? We need to get medical help for Stacy.” Beverly was holding Stacy in her arms.

Dingo was feeling exhausted from being a tidal wave. He looked over towards Stacy and saw she wasn’t looking too good.

“I’ll try.” He moves to the back of the raft, turns the bottom half of his body into wind, and pushes the raft.

After half an hour, Spirit spots a naval vessel off in the distance. He notices they are slowing down.

“Dingo, can you make it to that navy vessel?” Spirit points in the direction of the naval vessel.

“I’ll give it all I can.” Dingo noticed they were taking water on. He channels some air into the raft to keep them afloat.

Dingo was starting to slow down. His body was weakening, and when they were just half a mile from the navy aircraft carrier, he turned back to human.

“I’m sorry, guys, I just don’t have the energy left in me.” Dingo was panting hard.

“You did fine, Dingo.” Spirit noticed that the aircraft carrier had seen them and was sending a helicopter out to them.

The helicopter hovers over them and lowers a basket for Stacy. Once she was lifted up into the helicopter. Harnesses are reduced for everyone else and lifted into the helicopter.

Stacy is rushed to the sick bay to be operated on. Spirit and Dingo follow behind her. Pollux requested to meet with the captain so he could see if they could help recapture the cargo vessel that got away from them.

Several hours later, Stacy wakes up and finds herself in some medical bay. She had monitors connected to her and an IV connected to her arm. She was still feeling tired and closed her eyes again to fall back asleep.

Dingo was passed out and snoring up a storm. Spirit was bandaged up and asleep as well. Pollux and Beverly were resting. They didn’t need to sleep as much as everyone else.

“How is Stacy doing?” Pollux knew Beverly was being kept informed about Stacy.

“She’s out of danger, but she’s going to need to take it easy for a few weeks.” Beverly looks at her brother.

“I can’t believe they tricked us.” Pollux had been surprised that the hatch had been boopy-trapped.

“Word is probably getting around about us. So, terrorists and pirates will be more prepared when we show up.” Beverly knew sooner or later word was going to get out.

“I guess we're going to need to train harder.”

“Or, let Stacy use her animal abilities to sniff for explosives. After all, she can turn into any animal.” Beverly knew they had the perfect bomb-sniffing person.

“Yeah, you're right.” Pollux hated to admit his sister was right.

For the next few days, they are guest aboard the aircraft carrier. When Dingo feels better, he chows down to replenish his lost calories while using his abilities. A plane resembling something out of Hunger Games lands on the aircraft carrier.

The group is informed that the aircraft was for them. Pollux and Beverly wonder who sent the strange hovercraft. Pollux boards first and notices that there were two pilots.

“Who sent you?”

“We’ve been assigned to your group. From now on, either I or my co-pilot will be coming to pick you guys up.” Fred looks at the guy they called Pollux.

He had to agree with the description he got of the fellow. When he sees the one named Eclipse, he has to agree she is a royal knockout.
Pollux turns around to help Beverly with Stacy. She was still moving a little slowly. He helps Stacy over to one of the jumpseats.

“Easy, Stacy.” Beverly makes sure Stacy is comfortable.

Stacy looks at Beverly as a goofy smile appears on her face. She was still pumped full of drugs. The navy doctor told her she must take it easy for the next few weeks.

Dingo saw the goofy look on Stacy’s face. Oh, how he wanted to tease her so much. Instead, he sits down next to her and looks at Beverly. “I’ll look out for her, Beverly.”

“Okay, and ensure she doesn’t fall out of her seat.”

up
74 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos