Manimal Part 1

Printer-friendly version

“Again, Fairchild.” Lt. Lake watches as his newest recruit runs the obstacle course.

She was young and inexperienced with dealing with her abilities and being a girl. He watches as Fairchild starts the training course over. She manages to past the section she messed up on the first two times she ran the course, but gets nailed at a different section.

Stacy couldn’t believe what she was doing. She didn’t ask to be given special abilities or be turned into a girl either. She wishes she knew how all of this happened in the first place.

She gets smacked right in the face by a padded log and is knocked flat on her back. She lays on the ground at the fourth section of the obstacle course.

“Hit the showers, Fairchild.” Lt. Lake looks at the youngest member of the team he was putting together.

“Yes sir.” Stacy picks herself up off the ground and start walking back to the barracks she was sharing with the rest of the people she has been training and working with.

She walks into the old military barracks she was sharing with the others. Every muscle in her body hurt from the rapid changes she was forced to performed on the obstacle course.

“How did you do, Stacy?” Dingo looks at Stacy as she came walking into the barracks.

He was surprised when she was introduced to the team on his second week with the group. So, far there are three men and two women on the team. Out of all of them, Stacy was the youngest and smallest.

“I had to repeat the course five times and got my butt kicked each time.” Stacy looked over towards Dingo.

She knew Dingo was from the West coast and was your typical surfer dude. He loved smoking huge marijuana joints and listening to Bob Marley and Grateful Dead music. He had a laid-back attitude and enjoyed building his muscles.

As Stacy start undressing, she looks over towards Dingo “where are the twins at?”

“They are over at the gym working out. Spirit is out with his pet wolf down at the gun range practicing with his bow and tomahawks.” Dingo didn’t bother watching Stacy as she stripped out of her exercise leotard.

She had the build of a teenage girl and reminded him of his little sister. All of them had their abilities manifest around the same time, except Stacy who just recently got her abilities. According to what he learned about Stacy, she used to be a boy until her abilities manifest. When her abilities manifested, she was turned into a girl.

“I’m going to hop in the shower Dingo.” Stacy grabs her towel and walk towards the showers. She had her robe on, not that she needed it.
Dingo and the other guys on the team didn’t give her a second look.

Beverly aka Eclipse got their attention. She was a six foot, seven inches tall blonde hair woman with the build of a legendary amazon. Beverly was extremely smart, strong, and held a law degree. Her twin brother looked like a legendary Greek hero of legend. Where Beverly had blonde hair, Pollux had pitch black hair with blueish highlights. He went by the code name Spartan, after the ancient Greek warriors.

Stacy lets the hot water cascade down her body. It felt nice as it covered her body and relieved some of the soreness she felt in her muscles and joints. She notices as she rubbed her body with the body soap she used, that she has several new bruises from the obstacle course.

She washes her hair and trim her groin area, like Beverly taught her. Beverly was helping her adjust to being a girl. She wonders why her abilities changed her gender. She was a shape shifter that could assume most animal forms. The bigger the animal, the harder it was for her to shape change into it.

She wasn’t limited to normal animals either. If she could imagine it or has seen it in a picture, she could change into it. That meant she could become a dragon or even an Anubis warrior. If that animal had a special ability, she could mimic it.

She finishes her shower and dry off. She slips her robe back on and head back to where her bed and footlocker is. She slips on a pair of loose shorts and an oversized t-shirt with a picture of a bulldog on it.

Her and Beverly’s bunk were on the other side of the room from the boy’s side. If they wanted any privacy, they would have to go to the bathroom for it. Otherwise, the guys could see what they were doing.

Once Stacy was dressed, she walks over to where Dingo was sitting playing a game on the PS 5 they managed to get. The base they were training at, wouldn’t allow them to leave without Lt. Lake’s permission. Not that it could stop her. She could fly away any time she wanted to.
However, they could track her down either with a blood test or some sort of special scanner that could scan her genetic structure.

She plops down on the sofa next to Dingo and watch him play whatever video game he was playing. Dingo might be a surfer dude, but he loved his video games. His favorite ones are the first-person shooters and martial arts ones.

Right now, he was playing a martial arts game and was winning. She couldn’t believe how well he did with the controller in his hand.

“How long have you been playing this game?” Stacy looks at Dingo and notices he didn’t shave this morning.

“Since you started your training with Lake this morning.” Dingo knew Lake was being hard on Stacy, because she didn’t pass the training course yesterday.

He had to rerun it a second time with her, but managed to pass it on his second time. He knew how anal-retentive Lt. Lake could be when you failed at the task, he gave you. He made you do it again and again until you got it right.

“I’m surprised major hard ass didn’t come in here and tell you to find something else to do.” Stacy didn’t like Lt. Lake very much. It wasn’t the fact he was teaching her how to use her abilities, but the fact that he seemed to be holding some sort of grudge against her.

She couldn’t prove it, but the way he looked at her and treated her didn’t feel right to her. It was different when he looked at Beverly or trained one of the guys. Except Dingo, Lt. Lake didn’t like Dingo’s laid-back ways or attitude.

Pollux was the unofficial leader of their group. His sister Beverly was second in command. They shared some sort of mental bond and could feel whatever the other was feeling. Spirit was their tactical expert and tracker. Dingo was support because of his abilities. He could become whatever substance/material he touched. She was the scout of the group. When she was in her animal form, Spirit could talk to her mentally and uses her senses while she was in her animal form. It didn’t matter what animal form she was in, because he could communicate with her.

“Lake is to military and doesn’t know when to tone it down, Stacy. He’s a stickler when it comes to military rules and regulations. However, he knows we aren’t military and when we are on our down time, it’s our time.” Dingo has met people like Lt. Lake before.

“My question is, why is the government going out of their way to locate and train us? Something doesn’t feel right about all this.” Stacy has
been wondering why the government came looking for her.

“Who knows, but if they don’t turn us into their secret hitmen or killers. I’ll go along with the program. People with our abilities can be a danger to themselves and those around them.”

“Is that what happened to you, Dingo?” Stacy was curious about Dingo.

She didn’t know much about everyone. She knew Spirit’s real name is Ahote Running Wolf. Dingo’s real name is Elvis Wong, Beverly and Pollux last name is Truscott and are descendants of Thomas Jefferson.

She doesn’t know who her birth parents were. They died in a car accident when she was just a baby. She had been rescued by a state trooper and placed in foster care. A local couple in a nearby town to where she was placed adopted and raised her.

They were your typical middle-class family. She was the youngest among four children. She had an older brother and sister, whom she got along with and enjoyed hanging with. She was closer to her older sister when she uses to be a male, instead of her brothers.

“Nay, I was out on my surfboard when all suddenly my abilities manifested themselves. It was freaky as hell, because my body turned into the same material as my board. I lost control and fell off my board, which never happens to me. Instead of drowning, I sorted of floated and got tossed around by the wave I was riding.”

“Wow! That must have been weird as hell.” Stacy couldn’t imagine how that must have felt.

“Talk about weird, you should talk to Pollux and Beverly about when their abilities first manifested themselves. Beverly’s story is the funnier and embarrassing one.”

“Why, what happened to Beverly?” Stacy was curious.

“You’ll find out when you ask her. However, let’s just say she’s never been so embarrassed as she was that day.” A smirk appears on Dingo’s face when he thinks about the story.

Stacy wonders why Beverly could had been so embarrassed? She leans back against the sofa and watches Dingo as he plays his game.

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting

I found this new story to be very interesting. But I am sorry to say that it is short in my opinion. I am sorry I am still a fan of the longer chapters of stories and have a hard time getting into stories that are shorter the 5,000 words. I don't like having to go by word count but because of how things are done here that is the best way that I have to measure things here. I wish you the best and I do hope to see this story go far. Please try to make the chapters longer.

Lots of potential

A tad short, but "always leave them wanting more" can be a useful strategy. Now to wait for the next part.