Manimal Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Fort Wainwright, Alaska:
“Yahoo!” Stacy enjoyed the snow and skiing as she zipped past Pollux and Beverly like they were standing still.

Lt. Lake had sent them to Fort Wainwright for winter training like the special forces. Stacy didn’t think she would enjoy the training when they first arrived because of the cold. Specialist Maggie Campbell started teaching them about the dangers of being caught in the cold and what would happen if they were unprepared.

They had indoor training for the first week after they arrived. Specialist Campbell and Specialist Crabtree started teaching them how to ski and snowboard in their second week. Snowboarding was easy for Dingo. To him, it was no different from riding a surfboard. He took to it like a natural. Stacy fell a few times thanks to Dingo showing her how to handle herself on the board. She managed to become good at it.

Spirit mastered the skis and board in no time. He was a natural, just like Dingo was. The twins, on the other hand, had to have custom skis and boards made for them because of their increased body mass. Both of them were heavy because of their muscle mass. Beverly alone weighed three hundred pounds. It was because of her muscle mass and bone structure.

Pollux weighed as much as his sister because of his increased muscle mass and height. Between the two, they weigh eight hundred pounds and have no body fat. Well, Beverly had some in certain places. She had a nice curvy figure and could pass for a supermodel.

“You seem to be enjoying yourself, Stacy?” Beverly was envious of Stacy as she watched her enjoy herself.

“I rather take this over the heat any time.” Stacy stops near her friend.

Stacy was thankful that Beverly managed to carry her back to the barracks and cool her body down. She couldn’t believe that the heat and humidity had done her in like that. Also, since changing her exercise outfit to a unitard, she didn’t have to worry about wedges or her inner thighs rubbing together now.

Their winter uniform was the same type of material their exercise outfits were made of but made so it covered their whole body. Spirit carried two spare outfits for her when she changed. When her body changes, her clothes tear. However, she needed to remove her uniform from her body because it was made of a stretchy artificial spider silk material that was extremely strong and tear-restraint.

Stacy watches as Pollux finally reaches where she and Beverly are standing and talking. Pollux was having difficulty with his skis and needed more practice with them. Their instructor put them through their paces, seeing how much they could endure and adapt to.

They were going to be tested against a particular group of special forces people that were extremely good in cold weather environments. Stacy didn’t worry about Spirit fighting in this weather because he was one with nature. If nothing else, it was the twins she was worried about. Because even though they were pretty bullet-resistant. They could still be hurt, but it took a lot to do it.

The group enjoys their fun and training in the snow for the rest of the day. Stacy noticed that her period started at the same time as Beverly’s. According to what Dr. Ross told her when she got her first period and explained to her what it meant. Since Beverly put off more potent
pheromones than she did, her body reacted to Beverly’s pheromones.

They both got the birth control implant in their arm instead of in their uterus. For Stacy, it was better since she shape changed, and her internal organs changed as well. At least with it in her nondominant arm, it didn’t matter.

When they put Beverly’s implant in, they used a specially designed needle to penetrate her skin. Beverly rubbed the implantation spot afterward for the rest of the day. Typically, they would use a local to numb the area first. However, since Beverly’s skin was so tough. They just injected the implant in her arm without numbing it.

Sometimes during the middle of the night, the room the team sleeps in is filled with gas. While they are asleep, a group of men wearing mask enter their room and remove them from it. They are flown out to the middle of nowhere and dropped just wearing the clothes they have on. A black gym bag is left for them.

When morning arrives, Pollux and Beverly are the first ones awake. They were surprised that they weren’t in the room they had been sharing. While Beverly wakes everyone up, Pollux examines the black gym bag left for them. Inside were their uniforms, boots, and gear. There were two canteens and Spirit’s water skin.

“Guys, we are fucked.” Beverly looks at everyone when she says that.

“Why in the hell did those assholes do this to us?” Stacy was trying to stay warm as she rubbed her arms.

“Because this is what our training was all about.” Pollux was getting dressed in his winter gear.

“Tell that to my body.” Stacy turns into a great grey owl and takes to the air.

Spirit picks up the night clothes and panties Stacy had been wearing and tucks them into the black gym bag. He had gotten dressed in his uniform and was feeling warmer. He could feel the link between him and Stacy whenever she assumed an animal form.

“I’d fly out and see what is around us.” Stacy flies away from the group and scouts around for them.

“Man, my balls are about to fall off.” Dingo was hurrying to get dressed in his winter gear.

Even though he could turn into whatever substance he could touch, he was still flesh and blood. He manages to get his uniform on, with his socks getting wet from stepping on the snow.

“Which way do we go, Spirit?” Beverly looks at Spiri for an answer.

Spirit closes his eyes and extends his senses out. He could see where Stacy was and informed her to go in a different direction instead of where she was heading.

“South, they took us north of the base into the artic area.” Spirit opens his eyes and starts leading the way south.

“Man, they could have left us some food or something.” Dingo was hungry.

His stomach starts growling. His body processes food fast, and he must eat three to six times daily.

“I’ll ask Stacy to locate some food for us.” Spirit concentrates on Stacy and informs her to look for some food.

Stacy receives the message from Spirit while she is flying around. She looks around for some food while she is up in the air. She spots a herd of caribou not far from Sprit and the group. If Spirit hurried, he could take down a few for them to eat. She relays the information back to Spirit.

It doesn’t take much time for Spirit and Pollux to show up. Beverly had stayed back with Dingo to make sure he arrived all right. He wasn’t as fast as the three of them. No one wanted to leave him behind.

She finds a spot where they could camp for the night and land. She assumes the form of a polar bear. Spirit suggests she locates some polar bear poop for fuel to make a fire.

“I could always poop out some fuel for you.” As Stacy changes once again into an owl and takes flight. This time she assumed the form of a snow owl.

“I don’t think that would go over very well.” A smirk appears on Spirit’s face.

“I think you’re right about that.” As Stacy tries to locate some polar bears.

She finds some tracks and locates some poop from a few bears passing through the area. She finds something to take the poop back to Spirit so he can get dinner going for them. She couldn’t believe she was collecting poop.

Back at the camp Spirit, Pollux, Dingo, and Beverly were setting up for the night. Pollux helps Spirit skin the caribou they captured and killed. Between Spirit’s knife skills and Pollux’s strength, they had both caribou skinned and ready for the fire.

While Spirit and Pollux did that, Dingo and Beverly got fresh water and filled the canteens and water skin. Dingo merged with the snow on the ground and filtered it to clean and fill their canteens and water skin.

Once a fire was started, Dingo manages to absorb the heat and help Spirit dry out the skin of the two caribou they killed. Stacy turned assumed her human form and has Dingo stand nearby her, so she could get redress as fast as she could. She was shivering while she was putting her clothes back on.

“I wish my abilities turned my clothes into whatever form I assume or cover me when I change back to my human form.” Stacy stands close to Dingo, warming her body up.

“Don’t sweat it, Stacy. Oh, Dingo has you covered.” A smile appears on Dingo’s face.

“Thanks, Dingo.” As Stacy finishes getting dressed and put her gloves on.

“Dingo, try to keep us warm, while we get the shelter set up.” Beverly was cold as well. She could feel her nipples stiffening underneath her winter gear.

“How long do you think it will take us to get back to Fort Wainwright?” Stacy looks towards Spirit for an answer.

Spirit and Pollux were busy building the shelter with her and Beverly helping. If anyone should know how bad it was going to be, it would be Spirit. He was in tune with nature.

“At least a week by foot. If you turn into something capable of carrying all of us, within a day.” Spirit knew Stacy could turn into any animal or creature she could imagine.

“Remember Spirit. The bigger the creature, the shorter of time I can stay in that form. It takes a toll on me and I’ll be useless to you guys afterward.” Stacy hated that the bigger she was, the shorter the time she had.

“But it should give you enough time to fly us back to at least Fairbanks.”

“Yeah, as long as the weather holds out. If I have to fight a blizzard or if my wings start getting tired from strong wind currents, I might not make it.” Stacy didn’t know what the weather was going to be like.

“It’s a chance we would have to take, Stacy.” Pollux looks at Stacy when he says that.

“By the way, Stacy. What form would you choose?” Dingo was curious because he knew Stacy could turn into a dragon if she wanted to and that would be so cool.

“A giant bird called a Roc from Sinbad the Sailor movie.” Stacy watched the movie when she was in high school.

“You watch too much television.” Pollux looks at Stacy with a smirk on his face.

“It was better than getting picked on by the bullies in my neighborhood.” Stacy didn’t feel safe in her neighborhood.

“I’m sorry to hear that, Stacy.”

“Guys, we better get inside before the storm heading our way gets here.” Spirit just felt a disturbance in the air.

Beverly looks at Spirit “There’s a storm heading our way?”

“Yes, and I don’t think it's natural either.” Spirit didn’t like how the weather felt heading toward them.

“Then we better get under wraps.” Pollux looks at the shelter they built. It wasn’t much, but it should protect them.

All of them head inside the shelter. The place was big enough for them to lie down or sit up. The place was warm by the fire in the middle of the igloo. Stacy looks towards Spirit “Where did you learn to build an igloo?”

“I’m a survivalist, so I have trained for every possibility.”

“Well, I’m glad you did.” Stacy was glad they were protected.

Within the next few hours the storm Spirit said was coming their way arrives. Stacy could hear it howling outside the igloo they built. The meat they saved and preserved from the two caribou warmed her belly and restored her strength.

Stacy closes her eyes and rests her head against Dingo as she falls asleep. She wonders if they will make it back and why she even agreed to work for the government.

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos