Birds Of A Feather Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Parachute Jump Training:
“Pat, why do I need to learn how to use a parachute, when I can fly?” Jennifer looks at Pat as she was about to climb up the tower.

“Summon your wings and fly up into the sky.” Pat picks up a bola she brought with her.

Jennifer summons her wings and flies up into the sky. The suit she was wearing stayed, instead of changing when she summons the mystical energies from her amulet. She has gotten better at using her wings.

She flies high into the sky and soars around. She loves flying and feeling the wind. She watches as Pat start twirling the bola, she saw her holding. A smile appears on her face as she goes higher.

An evil smile appears on Pat’s face as she watches what Jennifer was doing. She figures that Jennifer would try to fly high enough that she’ll miss. The thing was because she was an enhanced person. Her throwing range was further than most normal people's.

The rest of the ladies watch Pat as she twirls around the bola. They figure with Jennifer being up high, that Pat would miss. They hope the airbags surrounding the jump tower will cushion Jennifer’s fall.

Pat releases the bola she was twirling towards Jennifer and watches as it strikes her. She saw Jennifer trying to get out of the way, but Pat was an experience combat fighter and knew what options Jennifer had. Plus, Pat never misses her target.

Jennifer tries dodging out of the way of the bola when she spots Pat let go of it. She dodges one way and gets hit with them. She starts falling to the ground as she tries to remove the bola.

She gets the winds knocked out of her, as she hits the airbags surrounding the jump tower. The other girls run over to check on Jennifer.
“Jennifer, are you alright?” Cortney was concerned about Jennifer. She was high up in the air when Pat hit her with the bola and tangled her wings up.

Jennifer had the wind knocked out of her when she hit the airbags. She untangles herself from the bola wrapped around her. Kara and Jessie help Jennifer off the airbag.

Cortney turns around angry towards Pat “you could have seriously hurt her.”

“That’s why I had the airbags set up to cushion her fall. You girls need to learn certain skills to survive what I am training you for.” Pat could see that Cortney was angry with her.

“And what is that?” Cortney wanted to know what they were being trained for.

“I can’t tell you right now, Cortney.” Pat wanted to keep it secret for a little bit longer.

“Mom, please tell us.” Stephanie looks at her mother.

Pat looks at her daughter and decides to tell and show them “stay here.” As Pat walks off.

Stephanie and the girls watch as Pat walks off. They didn’t know what she was up to.

Kara looks at Jennifer “are you alright?”

“I’m fine. I just had the wind knocked out of me.” Jennifer’s wings had disappeared after she hit the airbags.

She was rubbing the spot where her wings came out of her back. The area was sore from her hitting the airbags. Cortney looks at Stephanie “do you know what your mother is up to?”

“Nope, she’s been keeping it a secret.” Stephanie wonders what her mother was up to.

The girls hear something coming toward them. After a few seconds, they spot a humanoid figure flying toward them. The armored figure lands in front of the girls. They all noticed the Ghostbuster symbol on the front of the suit.

“Mom?” Stephanie looks at her mother as Pat removes her helmet.

“Yes.” Pat holds her helmet in her hands.

“Are you training us to use this?” Cortney walks around Pat examining her suit.

“Yes. Me and Mrs. Blake have been talking about creating a fast response team. This rocket pack I’m wearing is one I brought with me from the future.”

“That is so cool.” Kara walks around Pat looking at the body suit she was wearing.

Jessie was walking around looking at it as well. She was impressed with how it hugged Pat’s body.

“What can this suit protect us from?” Cortney was curious.

“Up to a 20mm Vulcan cannon round. The suit is reinforced with a special protection field. The jet pack powers this belt, which is based on
technology Mrs. Blake recovered in Egypt.”

“So, were being trained to use those?” Jessie liked what she was looking at.

“Yes, you girls need the basic skills before I let any of you uses this suit.” Pat wanted to make sure all the girls could survive a fall if these packs didn’t work right.

“Will that suit work with me?” Jennifer looks at Pat for an answer.

“Unfortunately, no. If you are in your Thunder Hawk form, these packs won’t work for you. The way your wings sprout from your back makes it impossible. However, you are still new to using your wings and we don’t know how fast you can fly. I want to get all of you up to the point where we can test how fast you can fly.”

“That’s why the training.” Kara looks at Pat when she says that.

“Yes, you girls are still too inexperienced to use these suits. They require your full attention and I promise your parents that I would train you to handle any situation.” Pat had told the girl's parents why they were being recruited.

“Does that mean I’ll get one, mom?” Stephanie looks at her mother.

“Yes, but you’ll only be allowed to practice with them. You won’t be going into the field until you get older.” Pat hates holding her daughter back, but Mrs. Blake felt that Stephanie was too young to handle the responsibility of using the suit and jet pack.

“So, we're becoming special agents?” Kara was curious.

“For Black Angel Protection Service. You’ll be added to their elite team. Sometimes you’ll be doing high-profile cases and other times you’ll be doing bodyguard duty. Now, that you know what I’m training you for. Do you want to continue or do you want to go and have normal jobs?” Pat was going to give them a choice.

“How bad is the training going to get?” Jennifer was curious.

“This is the easy stuff, once I feel you are ready for the hard stuff. You’ll be sent to Black Angel’s training center and given more training.”

“Does that include me too, mom?” Stephanie looks at her mother.

“If you want to, sweetie. I was talking with the owner of Black Angel and he said that he could use a teenager for some jobs. He has agents that can pass as teenagers, but having one on staff would be a bonus.”

Pat didn’t want her daughter to get into the same profession as Mrs. Blake’s grandchildren or Mrs. Blake’s twin sisters’ children and grandchildren were doing. She wanted something different for Stephanie. However, she won’t stand in her daughter’s way if she wants to become an agent.

Stephanie thinks about what her mother said. She wants to do this and may not know what happened to her or how she came about. But she feels this is the right thing to do.

“I want to do this, mom.” Stephanie hugs Pat.

“Okay, sweetie.” Pat returns Stephanie’s hug.

Jessi, Kara, and Cortney looked watching the mother and daughter interaction between Pat and Stephanie. They agreed with Stephanie and wanted to continue their training.

“Pat, we all agree and want to continue the training.” Cortney was speaking for all the girls.

“Alright, from this day forward. The training is going to get more difficult and fun at times. So, be ready to work your pretty little asses off.” Pat wasn’t going to treat these girls like teenagers anymore. She was going to treat them like the grown women they are.

“Yes ma’am.”

“Alright, Cortney, since you are technically the oldest among the group. Let’s start with you first.” Pat starts showing them how they should land.

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting intresting

Samantha Heart's picture

Exactly what these girls will be doing.... dangerous stuff.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Something tells me

Those girls have no clue what day are they getting themselves into. For that matter neither do I.

Perceived flaw

Pat, who can throw the bola higher and harder than
probably 90% of people, could just as easily throw the bola into the parachute risers, fouling them and collapsing the chute. Either way, the fall to the ground, not airbags, could easily be fatal. So wings or parachute, the risks are the same. Jennifer gains nothing by using a chute.

BTW, what Pat is showing them is likely a PLF, or Parachute Landing Fall. It's a method of landing on the ground in a controlled collapse that will reduce the likelyhood of injury. I used to be a training dummy for my older brother that was a skydiving instructor.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin