Birds Of A Feather Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Northern California, Wildfire:
Later in the evening everyone in Patricia’s group, regroup at the campsite that had been erected for the wildfire. Stephanie was helping several veterinarians that had volunteered their services to help all the animals that had been burned. A young girl was helping one veterinarian. She had a huge wolf watching over her.

Stephanie finds her mother and the other women she worked with. They were looking ragged like the firefighters that were staggering in from the field. Several of the firefighters had gotten burned and the doctors volunteering their time were helping them.

A young woman with bright orange hair and wearing a bodysuit that hugged her body. She comes stumbling towards the camp. There had been flames on her body, but they slowly disappeared. She falls to the ground.

Stephanie runs over to her and tries to lift the woman off the ground. Cortney runs over towards Stephanie and the young woman. She helps Stephanie lift the woman off the ground.

“We need to get her over to the medics.” Stephanie leads Cortney over to the medics.

Patricia walks over towards her daughter and Cortney after they help Blaze to the medics. She figures Blaze was tired from using her abilities all day long.

“How is everyone feeling?” Patricia was concerned about her people.

“Tired, very, very, tired.” Jennifer lands next to Patricia. She reaches out and holds onto Patricia’s shoulder to stabilize herself.

She was feeling so tired physically and mentally from being up in the air. She had to keep a tight reign on the rain clouds she had summoned to help put the fire out.

“I agree with Jennifer, Pat. I can barely lift my arms.” Kara was so tired from using the firefighting equipment they were testing out.

“If any of you are hungry, several chefs from different restaurants have brought food for everyone. They’re set up over there under the big tent.” Stephanie has been helping the restaurant chefs set up their equipment.

“Thanks, Steph.” Jessie was feeling tired and hungry.

“You’re welcome.” Stephanie watches as Jessie walks towards the food tent.

“I think all of you should eat something, especially you Jennifer.” Patricia looks at all the girls.

“Yes ma’am.” All the girls turn and follow Jessie over to the food tent.

“Pat, we need your help.” One of the techs comes running over to Patricia.

“What’s the problem, Jerry?” Patricia looks at him.

“One of the drones won’t respond to our signal. Can you see what you can do?” Jerry knew Patricia could override the drone with her abilities.

“Sure, which one is it?” Patricia needed to know.

“Sector four.”

“Okay.” Patricia sends her ability out and connects with the drone. The receiver inside of the drone had burned out due to the heat.

Pat takes possession of the drone with her ability, instead of remote controlling it. She flies the drone out and over to the techs.

“The receiver is burned out. You’ll need to repair some of the electronics inside.” Patricia looks at Jerry.

“Thanks, Pat.” Jerry turns and walks back towards the pavilion they set up.

“That was cool, mom.” Stephanie was walking over to her mother with a plate of food and rink.

“Thanks, is that for me?” Patricia looks at her daughter and the food she was carrying.

“Yes ma’am.” Stephanie fixed her mother a plate.

“Thanks, sweetie.” Patricia accepts the plate.

“You’re welcome, mom.” A smile appears on Stephanie’s face.

Patricia walks over to a nearby stump that had been cleared and sits down on it. She starts eating the food on the plate, which was very good. She watches Stephanie as she helps a few more people.

Sasha comes walking out of the woods tired and coughing. She may not be affected by the heat or flames, but she was still affected by the smoke. She stumbles over to one of the med tents and lets the person in there put an oxygen mask on her.

As she sits there breathing in the oxygen, she notices Pat sitting on a tree stump eating. She wonders what she was doing here. She takes the oxygen mask off and walks over to Patricia “why are you out here?”

“I brought the girls I have been training, out to help out. How bad is the fire?” Patricia already had a bird’s eye view of the forest fire.

“It’s spreading fast. I and my protégé can’t keep up with it. No sooner do we get a small area clear, than another spot pops up.”

“I know the feeling. Every time my girls get an area clear, another area bursts into flames. Your aunt is diverting a lot of resources to help out.” Patricia knew Mrs. Wolfhart was Janet’s niece.

“We could use a good downpour to help out. I felt some rain earlier today and wished it would continue.” Sasha wanted more rain.

“Too much rain would cause a flash flood and that is dangerous.”

“I know, but it would be nice.”

“Well, I and my girls are going to be here for a week, so hopefully we’ll get a heavy rain storm or something,” Patricia told Janet she’ll stay here for a week helping out. It would do the girls some good.

“That’s good. I’m going to go and check on Blaze. She pushed her abilities to their limit.”

“Good luck. I think she’s over with the medics.” Patricia points towards the tent Blaze was escorted to.

“Thanks.” Sasha turns and walks away.

up
117 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Be good training

Samantha Heart's picture

For the girls help build their stamina. However Pat needs to watch that they don't push them too hard too fast just yet.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.