Leave No Stone Unturned Chp. 16

Printer-friendly version

Terry’s Garage:
Rebecca was sitting at Dakota’s desk working on the bills when the telephone starts ringing. She stops what she is doing and picks the receiver up.

“Hello, Terry’s Garage. Rebecca speaking.”

“Hi, Rebecca. I’m Cora Black and I would like to talk to a Terry Horn, please.” Cora had spoken to Katie and she gave her the number to her cousin in Texas.

According to Katie’s cousin, he had a person that he works with that lives in New York. He might be able to help her out. Bart had said to just tell his friend that she was working with his cousin from Arizona.

“Can you please hold, while I get him for you?” Rebecca knew her father was in the garage.

“Sure, I’ll hold.” Cora didn’t mind holding.

Rebecca puts Mrs. Black on hold as she walks into the garage area. She was still getting used to her new body. She couldn’t believe how stupid she, and her boyfriend had been at a party they went to. Now the two of them were full fledged girls. Except her boyfriend has become a sexy curvy woman in her twenties. While she became a twelve-year-old girl.

“Dad! You have a phone call.” Rebecca looks at Terry as he is working under the hood of a customer’s car.

Terry stands up and looks towards Rebecca. He still couldn’t get over what happened to her. He couldn’t wait until Dakota came home and finds out Rebecca was now their daughter. Rebecca was emancipated from her birth parents before and now she still didn’t want to go back to them.

Terry walks towards the office. He wonders who was calling him now.

“Who’s asking for me?”

“A Mrs. Cora Black. She’s on hold on line two.” Rebecca follows behind Terry.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome, daddy.” Rebecca was having fun calling Terry dad or daddy.

Terry just looks at Rebecca as she sits back down at Dakota’s desk and goes back to work. Terry picks the phone upon his desk “hello? What can I do for you?”

“Mr. Horn, I’m Cora Black and was wondering if you could help me with a little job.”

“What type of job would that be and why call me?” Terry’s curiosity was piqued.

“Well, it’s a moving job of Native American Artifacts, that was illegally stolen and sold to a private collector. The reason I need your help is I need either a box truck or moving truck capable of storing the artifacts in to transport back to Utah. Also, since there are a lot of artifacts and some of them are rather heavy. I would need the help of some strong men or women to move them. As for why I called you, a Mr. Bart Hardy said you might be able to help me. His cousin Katie DeNoon put me in touch with him and he gave me your number.”

“I see. When do you need my services?” Terry figures he might be able to help.

“I would like to do the job right away, but I guess I could give you two to three days if you need them.” Cora wanted to do the job as quickly as possible.

“Give me two days to arrange everything. Do you have a number I can reach you at?” Terry grabs a pen from the can of pens he keeps on his desk.

“Yes, it's (928) 765-4824.”

Terry writes the number down. He notices the area code was for Arizona.

“I’ll call you as soon as I have everything arranged.”

“Thank you, Mr. Horn. Feel free to contact me at any time.”

“I will. You have a nice day, Mrs. Black.” Terry ends the phone call.

Noon, Rosie’s Tea House:
Katie pulls up to the tea house in one of the company cars that Aero Flight Industries owned. She and her wife Jessica had gotten in early. They flew Night Bird from Coconino County, Arizona to New York. She and Jessica took turns sleeping as Night Bird flew himself. One of them was always awake just in case something went wrong.

When they landed at the private airfield Aero Flight owned. They powered down Night Bird, while the flight crew went over his systems since this was his first long-distance flight. While that was going on, Katie and Jessica got some sleep.

Katie spotted Rachel as soon as she pulled up to the place. The photo of Rachel didn’t do her justice. She parks the company car and gets out and walks inside the tea house. She spotted Rachel sitting outside since it was a nice day.

Rachel had arrived early and was sitting outside enjoying the scenery. The tea house had a nice outside patio. She had ordered a cold glass of water with a slice of lemon while she waited for Katie. Ten minutes until noon, she spots a black four-door BMW pulling into the parking lot. She watched as a young woman that resemble Katie exists from the BMW. Katie still looked like she did in the Army.

She hasn’t see Katie in years, but there was no way the woman she was looking at couldn’t be her. A smile appears on her face as she watches Katie walk towards the front door of the tea house. A few minutes later, Katie comes walking out to her table.

“Hello, Rachel. It’s been a long time.”

A smile appears on Rachel’s face “that it has, Katie.”

Katie sits down at the table. She couldn’t believe how feminine Rachel looked. She never thought that the guy she knew in her unit would ever want to be a woman.

“So, how have you been?” Katie was watching Rachel.

“I’m doing good. I’m surprised that after all these years we finally get together.” Rachel takes a sip of her tea.

“Well, if it wasn’t for current events. I think it might have been longer. Because everyone from our unit that didn’t go on that mission with you and the others. Thought you guys were all dead.” Katie sweetens her tea.

“Technically, we are. That was the whole reason. However, what you and our unit don’t know is, the whole op went to hell. The intel we had was wrong and most of us either ended up, seriously hurt or dead.”

“Damn! I wished I had known. I would have done everything I could to help you guys.” Katie felt bad about what happened.

“There would have been nothing you could have done, Katie. It was a setup and we walked right into it.” Rachel takes a sip of her tea.

“What made you decide to change teams?” Katie takes another sip of her tea.

“An injury I sustained in my groin area. The doctor that helped me, ended up being killed by several Isis soldiers. They tried killing me, but I managed to escape and make it to one of our bases.”

“So, what did you do afterward?” Katie watched Rachel.

“I came back here to the US after I was patched up and discharged from the Army. Once I was fully healed, I joined a small mercenary group. A lot of our jobs took us back to Afghanistan and I started hunting down Isis soldiers.”

“So, why did you come back to the states?” Katie was curious.

“Bosses orders. I was in the process of opening a motorcycle shop when all this happen. What have you been doing since leaving the Army?” Rachel was curious about what Katie did.

“I was attacked by an ultra-rich billionaire that thought using an EMP device to shut down Flagstaff would be fun.” Katie poured some more tea into her teacup.

“How did he attack you?”

“He hired an engineering team to restore an Apache helicopter and armed it with the latest hi-tech weapons.” Katie sweetened her tea.

“It looks like you did pretty well since you are here talking to me.”

“I have a good helicopter and a good co-pilot that is my wife.” Katie watches Rachel’s reaction.

“There were rumors that you were a lesbian.”

“I am. However, I’m married to a very nice woman.”

“That’s good. I do have one question for you. What’s your relationship with that detective named Cora Black? And what is with that weird mask of hers?”

“That is a story all in itself.”

“I would love to hear about it.”

“Well….” As Katie starts telling the story of how she met Cora Black.

up
182 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A very intresting taill to tell

Samantha Heart's picture

By BOTH sides. A a fairly lengthy one at that.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Reaching Out

it's (928) 765-4824.

Did you realize that phone number is in Bagdad . . . . Arizona?

And I've been meaning to ask. Why is Cora Mrs. Black now, instead of Ms or Miss Black?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin