Leave No Stone Unturned Chp. 14

Printer-friendly version

Cora pulls out of the guy’s mind and removes her mask. She was a little shaken by what she saw inside his head. She looks at the three guys and Rachel “I am never doing that again.”

“Why is that?” Rachel was curious about what Cora saw.

“The things these clowns believe in and the rewards they will get when they die is sickening. Why doesn’t someone put all these religious nuts down once and for all and destroy their stupid religious teaching?” Cora couldn’t get what she saw out of her head.

“That’s why there has been a war over in the middle east for so long. Religion has been one of the major causes of every war over there.
That’s not counting how people have tried to use it to keep control of the masses over there.” Rachel hated the constant wars and what was done to women. They used their religious belief to justify what they did.

“I don’t care. I don’t want to ever see what I saw again.” Cora couldn’t believe the man’s mind she had been in, had raped a ten-year-old girl.

“What did you find out?” Hondo looks at Cora for an answer.

“They plan on blowing up several locations at once. These guys aren’t the ones who were going to do the dirty deed. They were just acting as couriers and suppliers. They already have the explosives set up at the VA center and the Federal Courthouse.”

“Where at?” Patton wanted to know.

“Near the main gas line coming into the building.” Cora pulls a canteen out of her messenger bag and takes a sip from it.

“Do you know who else they are targeting?”

“Yes, but I have a feeling we’re going to be too late saving the life of the other members from Rachel’s unit.” Cora looks towards Patton and Hondo when she makes that statement.

“Why’s that?” Rachel looks towards Cora for an answer.

“Because they have already gone after the ones they could find. They have a mole helping them in Social Security main office.” Cora had learned that much information.

“Do you know who it is?” Patton wanted to know because he knew someone that might be able to help.

“Unfortunately, no. He didn’t know who the person was. However, he received the information from their handler at the local mosque. The other informants at several other mosques as well.”

“How big is their network?” Patton couldn’t believe that Isis has managed to establish a network of spies and fighters in the US.

“This guy only knew a few of the players. If you want to find out more. We need to go after the others involved.”

“Do you know how to find the others involved?” Hondo wanted to pass that information onto a few friends of his in the FBI and the NSA.

“I can give you a description of what he looks like and what name this guy knows him by.” Cora puts her canteen back into her messenger bag.

“Well, Patton, what do you want to do?” Hondo looks at their boss.

“Call our contact at the FBI and leave these guys tied up.” Patton figures there was enough evidence in the house alone to convict these guys.

“What about the explosives?” Cora looks at Patton for an answer to her question.

“The guys at the FBI can handle the VA and the Courthouse. We’ll go after the other guys.” Patton wanted the ones responsible for setting the explosives up.

“Okay, well I’m going to go ahead and call it a night.” Cora covers up a yawn. She was still feeling creeped out about what she had seen inside the guy’s head.

“I’ll be in touch with you, Mrs. Black.” Rachel wonders what else Cora knew.

“Sounds good to me. Well, I’ll see you guys later.” Cora walks out of the house and over to her rental.

She had one more stop she wanted to make tonight. She needed to find out how good security was at Mr. Davis’s place. She gets in and heads towards his resident.

Rachel watches Cora as she walks out of the house towards her rental. She wonders what was with that mask of hers and what else Cora learned or saw.

“Do you have reservations about Mrs. Black?” Warewolf had come out to see what Rachel was doing.

“No, just questions about that mask of hers and what else she learned while she was inside that guy’s head?”

“Maybe you should contact Katie and find out what she knows about Mrs. Black.

“I think your right.” Rachel has been thinking about doing that.

Mr. Davis several Hours Later:
Cora drops from the sky onto the roof of Mr. Davis's place. She moves silently along the rooftop of the mansion. She slides down until she comes to an upper bedroom window and checks to see if it has an alarm system, which it doesn’t. The window itself was locked, so she pulls out a tool to open the window. She was only going to scout the place out tonight.

She manages to sneak inside the mansion and closes the window again. She makes sure anything she moved, is put back like it was. She checks the hallway to make sure it was cleared.

Cora slips out of the bedroom and slowly makes her way downstairs to the room where all the artifacts were. She could tell with the special properties of the mask, that there was a laser security system and motion detectors in the room.

Cora looks around for the control panel that controls the security system and finds its in Mr. Davis’s office. Not only was the security control panel was in the office, but the camera monitor system as well. She sits down and rewinds the video for the night. She spots Mr. Davis and his driver leaving earlier in the night. According to the video file, he hasn’t returned yet.

She takes a thumb drive out of her messenger bag and plugs it into the USB port. There was specialized software on it, that allows her to access the computer remotely and to copy whatever files she wanted. She watches as the thumb drive downloads the files and security videos that are stored on the computer.

While the thumb drive is downloading the information from the computer. She does some more exploring of the mansion while avoiding the security systems. Most of them were on the windows and doors. She moves quietly throughout the mansion and locates the main bedroom.

She walks into the room and looks around. He had some expensive artwork in the room. She looks behind one picture and spots a safe. It had a thumbprint reader on it. A smile appears on her face, as she looks around the bedroom. The master bathroom had a cup in it. She lets the magical properties of the mask, help her locate a fingerprint.

Once she locates the thumbprint and Cora makes a copy of it. She heads back to the bedroom and uses it to open the safe. There was a lot of money inside the safe. She removes a few hundred out of the safe, after taking a picture of the contents.

She closes the safe and heads back to the office to check on the thumb drive. It had finished everything she wanted and installing the software she’ll need to remote access the computer. Before she leaves, she makes sure everything is back like it was, when she broke in.

She takes one more look, before leaving. She knows Mr. Davies will be home soon.

up
156 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mr. Davies is in for a suprise

Samantha Heart's picture

When Cora gets done with him t
He wished he hadn't done what ever it was he did

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Somehow

i have a feeling the bad guys are not going to p I have a feeling the bad guys are fair so well.