Leave No Stone Unturned Chp. 15

Printer-friendly version

Cora makes her way back to her hotel room and takes off her outfit. She pours herself a drink and sits down at the small table. She was going to need help moving all the Native American artifacts that Mr. Davis acquired. She takes a sip of her drink and thinks about how she was going to move everything.

She knows she will need a cargo box truck to move the items. Also, she was going to need extra muscle as well. She takes out her little black book and looks up Katie’s number. Maybe she knows someone up here in New York that could help her.

Katie’s House:
Katie and Jessica were on their way to the airfield when Katie’s cellphone rings. She looks at the number and notices it was Cora’s number.
She wonders why Cora was up late. There was a three-hour difference in time between her and New York.

She presses accept on her cellphone “what’s wrong Cora?”

“Nothing is wrong, but I could use some help. I got in contact with your old Army buddy and she should be calling you soon.”

“That’s good. Is there anything else?” Katie had a feeling that there was more.

“Yea, the spirits want me to take back some Native American artifacts that were illegally acquired. I was wondering if you know of anyone I could recruit to help me move them?”

“Hhhmm? I might know someone I can call. Let me call you back after I find out if they can help or not.” Katie was thinking about calling her cousin and seeing if any of his teammates could help Cora.

“Alright, let me know. I’m going to lay down and get some sleep.” Cora covers up a yawn.

“I should be in New York when you wake up. I’ll let you know what hotel I am staying at. Also, send me the information about Rachel as well.” Katie wanted to see her again.

“Okay.” Cora sends the information she has on Rachel. She could understand why Katie wanted to see her.

“See you when you get here.”

“You too.” Cora ends the call.

Cora starts getting ready for bed. She covers up another yawn as she lays down on the bed. She hopes Katie will come through for her.

Rachel’s and Maia’s Place:
When morning time arrives, Rachel stumbles out of her bedroom and tries not to trip over Hondo. He had camped out on her floor last night after they came back from the house. Patton had taken the sofa and Warewolf had taken Maia’s bedroom, while she slept with Rachel.

She manages to make her way to the kitchen without tripping over anyone. She starts making a pot of coffee for everyone. Patton had already called the rest of the gang. They were going to stop the suppliers.

Maia comes walks into the kitchen and spots Rachel. She looks at her roomie “we need a bigger apartment if your friends are going to spend the night.”

“It’s not going to be a common practice, Maia.” Rachel looks at Maia when she says that.

“Oh, don’t get me wrong, Rachel. I don’t mind being surrounded by a bunch of hot-looking dangerous men. I just don’t want to trip over them.” Maia thought some of Rachel’s friends were hot.

“They all have girlfriends, except for Patton.” Rachel knew Warewolf was dating a nurse. She was a pretty little thing.

“So, are you and your friends going after the suppliers?” Maia grabs her coffee cup and pours some sugar and creamer into it.

“Yes. Patton wants these guys and so do I. Killing military vets is a big no, no in his book and my book.” Rachel wants to pay these people back for thinking about doing what they planned.

“I can understand that.” Maia knew how serious Rachel was and when she set her mind to something. She was going to carry it out.

After the coffee was brewed, Maia grabs some muffins mix from the cabinets and goes about making them. She hopes the guys enjoy them. She glances towards Rachel when she hears her cellphone start ringing.

Rachel was sitting on the folding step ladder they keep the kitchen for Maia to use. As she was sitting there, she hears her cellphone ringing. She looks at the number and notices it was Katie DeNoon.

“Hello?”

“Rachel?” Katie didn’t recognize the voice.

“Yes, what can I do for you, Mrs. DeNoon.” Rachel was wondering why Katie was calling her.

“I was wondering if you’re free this morning?” Katie wanted to see her old friend from her old unit.

“Sure, where you like to meet?” Rachel wouldn’t mind seeing Katie was like she remembered.

“How about we meet at the Rosie’s Tea House around Noon?” Katie had already located a place that was near Rachel to meet with her.

“That’s fine. How will I know it's you?” Rachel couldn’t remember if she had a picture of Katie.

“I’ll send you a picture of myself.” Katie sends a picture of herself to Rachel.

Rachel notices that an image had been transmitted to her cellphone. She looks at the picture and recognizes the woman right away. That was Katie DeNoon alright. She knew she had a cousin that was a former CIA agent.

“Alright, I’ll meet you there tomorrow at noon.”

“Until then. I’ll see you later.” Katie ends the phone call.

Maia looks at Rachel “was that your friend?”

“Yes, we’re meeting later down at Rosie’s Tea House.” Rachel takes a sip of her coffee.

“Can you trust her?” Maia didn’t want to lose her friend.

“I can trust, her. Katie wouldn’t set me up.” Rachel shows Maia the picture Katie sent her.

It was a group picture from when they served together. Katie was standing next to a mutual friend of theirs. There was also a second picture, which was more up-to-date, so Rachel would know who she was.

up
162 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Things are going to get intresting

Samantha Heart's picture

And soon for the suppliers. You don't going around killing vets.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Katie

Is a bad person to cross.