Leave No Stone Unturned Chp. 3

Printer-friendly version

Aisha finally arrives at the address printed on her last package. It looked to be some sort of import/export business. She parks her motorcycle and takes her helmet off. She dismounts and pulls the package she had for Mr. Kassab out of her courier box.

She hopes the people are in because if they aren’t, she’ll have to make another delivery tomorrow. She walks up to the door and tries the doorknob. She notices it is locked.

“Damn!” Aisha knocks on the door several times to see if there was anyone inside the building.

She finds the main loading doors and tries it. The main door itself was locked, but the side door was unlocked. As she walks inside the building
“hello, is anyone here?”

Aisha looks around the place, hoping she’ll find someone to deliver the package too. The place was awfully quiet and from the way, it looked. It looked like no one has been in the place for the past few days. She heads towards the main office, to leave the package she had there.

As she is walking towards the main office, she notices something out of the corner. She walks over to the room she was walking by and look in. There were pictures of people, a map of the US, and several other things that you would see in an NCIS or police show.

She saw the Isis flag hanging on the back wall. There were lamps set up on a desk with a stack of white copy paper nearby. She puts the package she had on one of the desks and takes her cellphone out to take pictures of the room. She should report this to Homeland security.

Warewolf and Maia:
Warewolf was driving Maia’s car to the address he had gotten from the GPS off the phones. As he gets closer to the address, he spots several Hondas and a few other middle-class cars. He also spots an old Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic motorcycle with the Global Courier Services logo painted on the side of a square black box mounted on the rear end of the motorcycle. He stops across the street from the address.

“How come to your stopping here, instead of in front of the building?” Maia was a little confused.

“Because, if someone comes out or reinforcements show up, I won’t be blocked in. You stay here in the car and keep an eye out for me.” Warewolf hands a walkie talkie to Maia.

“Do I have to?” Maia wanted to go in with Warewolf and see what was inside.

“Yes, I promise Rachel I would keep you safe. Also, you’ll be watching my back, making sure no one surprises me.” Warewolf gets out of the car and runs across the street.

Maia watches as Warewolf runs across the street and tries the front door. He finds it locked, so he pulls out his lock picks and unlocks the door.
Warewolf enters the building carefully as he looks around. He notices the place hasn’t been used for at least a week.

He continues to explore the place. He stops when he spots a young woman in a room taking pictures of it.

“Who are you?”

Aisha nearly jumps out of her skin when she hears a voice coming from behind her. She puts her cellphone down and slides it into her pants pocket. She slowly turns around and spots a guy she has never seen before “I’m a courier for Global Courier Service. I have a package for Mr. Kassab.”

“If you’re a courier, what are you doing inside the building and back here?” Warewolf notices what the room looked like.

“I came in through an open door, hoping I could find someone to sign for the delivery, so I don’t have to make a second trip out here.”

“Let me see the delivery, please.” Warewolf wants to know what it was.

“I can’t give you the delivery unless you work for Mr. Kassab.” Aisha wasn’t about to turn over the delivery to whoever this man was, she was talking too.

“Well, I can tell you now, that Mr. Kassab and his friend are dead.”

“Then who are you?” Aisha needs to know who this person was before she turned the delivery over to him.

“I work for a private law enforcement agency, investigating some mysterious murders linked to Mr. Kassab and his companion.”

Aisha doesn’t know if this man was telling the truth or not. She hands the delivery to him.

“I’ll need your signature, please.” Aisha pulls out the electronic signature pad.

“No problem.” Warewolf signs the electronic pad.

Outside the Building:
Maia didn’t like just sitting and waiting out in the car. She looks at the time on her cellphone and notices Warewolf has been gone for at least ten minutes so far. She wonders if he has found anything.

As she keeps watching the building, she notices a black cargo van slowly drive by the building. It doesn’t stop but continues to pass it and down the street. She slouches down in her car and takes a video of the van and the driver. She also notices there was a passenger as well.

“Warewolf, there’s a black van casing the place.”

Warewolf was about to open the delivery when he hears Maia’s voice come over the walkie talkie.

“Warewolf, there’s a black van casing the place.”

“Have they stopped, Maia?”

“No, but they are driving by slowly and there are two people that I can see. I’m ducked down in my car, so they can’t see me.”

“Alright, keep an eye out and stay hidden.”

“Will do.” Maia watches as the van drives off.

Aisha wonders if they were in trouble. Also, what all this stuff she found meant.

“Was that your partner?”

“Yes and no. She’s a friend helping me out.”

“Oh, well I better leave.” Aisha turns to walk out.

“You might want to wait, until that van leaves.”

Base Hospital:
Sara opens her eyes and notices she was in a hospital room. She had an oxygen tube attached to her and several machines as well. The last thing she remembered was passing out in Katie’s bathtub, with the cold water running to try to lower her body temperature.

She needs to warn Katie and get in touch with her old friend Rachel and warn her. She finds the remote to summon the nurse. She presses the button to summon the nurse.

Nurses Station:
Claudia was on duty along with Amy and Cindy. She oversaw their mysterious patient. She became alert when the buzzer for the room started to sound.

“Sounds like someone is awake.” Claudia heads towards the room.

Sara couldn’t believe her husband was dead as she waits for the nurse to arrive. He was the first man to accept her after she told him what happened to her. She starts crying as she moans about the death of her husband.

Claudia enters the room and finds the woman that had been brought in, crying. She walks over to her “everything will be okay, ma’am.”
Sara looks up at the young brown hair nurse “no it won’t.”

Claudia tries to comfort the woman. She could see how upset the woman was.

“Is there anyone I can contact for you?”

Sara looks at the young nurse “yes, I need to talk with Katie DeNoon. It’s a matter of life and death.”

“I’ll get a hold of her, right away.” Claudia steps out of the hospital room and looks over towards Cindy.

“Call Katie DeNoon and let her know the woman has woken up and needs to talk with her. I’ll contact Doctor Blake and let her know, the patient has woken up.”

“Alright.” Cindy looks up the contact number they had been given for Mrs. DeNoon.

Claudia calls Dr. Blake to let her know their patient has woken up.

up
184 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stranger & more intense

Samantha Heart's picture

With each chapter, & they seaming to be getting shorter.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

It's kind of strange

Wendy Jean's picture

That the nurse is unaware of the loss of her family you would think that they would be briefed on something like that.