“When She Stops Saying She Loves You” Chapter 8 “Rio” (starter)

Printer-friendly version

Rio

I slapped the paperwork on the desk, sat down and stared at it for a few seconds. My truck was fine but her vehicle could not drive out on its own. A man did arrive to pick her up but he said nothing to her or me, he just talked to the police officer, took similar paperwork and they drove off.
The address on my license still listed my house, so maybe he would go there and take out my “replacement”, thinking it was me; a mistaken identity, a la American Beauty. I’d save a bit more on court fees, but then she would say she was traumatized and that I had given the police the wrong address on purpose.
I knew she’d try to do that—the Gerard would be turning in her head as he would lay dying.
“No death, no one has to die,” I whispered. “Except for my savings and blemish feee insurance record.”
The other driver told the police that she she had stopped short because she was looking at a text on her phone and misjudged the distance of the vehicle behind her as she slowed down. I didn’t say a word that I was distracted. I didn’t say I felt disconnected a few moment before the impact. I refused to say that I either wanted to go on a rampage a la “Falling Down” or just wanted to drive my truck off the Hernando DeSoto bridge.

up
34 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This story is not good for my

This story is not good for my blood pressure. And maybe it's not so okay on yours too? I notice it's getting shorter and shorter, and the trouble keeps heaping upon the protagonist, it's like you are venting much -old- abuse or you are entirely too involved in the story.

Anyway, it is a good story in a way, in that it's getting to me so much that I am muttering expletives about the ex-wife and her vile tactics. Not only is she showing herself a contemptible adultress, but also stoops to filthy accusations, and using the children to frame him.
She also doesn't seem to realize that she ultimately will embitter and distance said children from her.

I wish you could write more and longer episodes, it is an interesting read, not so much an enjoyable one yet. :D That may come, I do hope so.

Thanks,
Jo-Anne

It’s been a while, so I had to go back.....

D. Eden's picture

And re-read a few chapters to get back into,the story. Big mistake.

You have me crying again. How just a few words can get me so upset is beyond me, but here is sit with tears rolling down my face and my fists clenching and unclenching. I can’t help but be terribly upset thinking just how easily this could have been me; hell, it almost was. When my wife first found out that I was transitioning, she went to a lawyer and had him start the paperwork.

But luckily for me, she decided that she loves me for who I am and not what gender I am.

Still, this story has been very upsetting. It is outstanding - but terribly upsetting.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

It is a shame

Rose's picture

It would be so tempting to remove the wife and her lover with a 99mm hemorrhage. I will never understand how people can't see what this does to children. They may seem resilient, but they may never fully recover from this type of injury, invisible though it may appear.

Signature.png


Hugs!
Rosemary