Catch Me, Catch You (starter)

Printer-friendly version

test catch.jpg

Catch You, Catch Me (starter)

Using the instrumental songs:
Moonlight Densetsu” from “Pretty Soldiers Sailormoon: Orgel Fantasia
“Music Box Dancer” by Frank Miller
“Beethoven’s Nine Symphony, Fourth Movement” performed by Wendy Carlos
“The Pachelbel Cannon in D”
“Theme to ‘A Clockwork Orange’” (Tiesto remix)
“Moonlight Sonata” by Ludwig von Beethoven “Sonata No. 15 in C Major for Piano, K. 545”
Chronotrigger Anthem
“Watashitachi Ni Naritakute” (Love Brings a Lonely Heart) from “Pretty Soldiers Sailormoon: Orgel Fantasia”

I. Moonlight Densetsu

I didn’t lose my parents when I was five years-old. I knew where they were. I knew what happened. I kept wondering why everyone continued to say that I “lost them”. They were killed, murdered. There’s really no way to sugarcoat it, even now. My grandfather put it to me straight the morning it happened. Never mind the fact that I was clinging on to life at that moment myself.
On that night, I woke up to hear shouts and crashes. These were different than the shouts I was used to: Dad yelling a few good “colorful metaphors” or the dog’s tail knocking over, yet again, another invaluable knickknack. These were sounds that should have caused me to cover myself with a blanket and hope that by the power of “Barney”, everything would be fine in the morning.
We lived in a two-story house a few miles outside of Caledonia, Mississippi. It was in the sticks and too far away for the police to come in time, so dad installed a security system that could be armed with the tap of a cell phone. Unfortunately, it could also be disarmed with a tap as well and I would guess that’s what happened, or the program didn’t respond.
One night, two thieves broke into the house and ransacked the living room, causing my parents to come downstairs. Normally, the alarm would have blared but it was silent. They were shot by the invaders after dad had fired shots at them, all in the darkened living room and stairway.
The thieves made it up the stairs to see me standing at the end of the hallway with my dad’s phone in hand. I tapped at the screen and hit the button my dad always said to push if there was any trouble. At that moment, the house alarms blared and one of the men came towards me while the other stumbled in the flashing alarm lights. My parents, Ryan and Skylar Montegi were killed that night and I was left to die with slash cuts to my throat.

But death did not take me as the police and ambulance arrived and took us to the local hospital. Too late to save my parents but I was alive. My grandparents were called, and they came with my grandfather screaming to have them take him out to the house and to find the “sum-bitching punks”. My grandmother sat by my side until they took me into surgery.

I left the hospital a few weeks later and I had to miss the funeral for my mom and dad. I still regret I never got to say goodbye to them, as I wasn’t old enough to think anything bad could ever happen and I would wake up in the middle of the night in my new room with my grandparents and hear their voices along with gunshots and tympanic membrane smashing alarms. I couldn’t scream or yell as I had lost the use of my vocal chords and it was hard for my gramma to read my pre-kindergarten hard-writing. Friends and relatives suggested therapy with this specialist, that doctor or some medication but my grandfather, instead, brought an item out of storage; he had everything in my parents’ house retrieved and stored for me to have, one day: something they had bought for my mother years ago: her piano.

My grandfather’s idea of therapy was to remember the happy days and work through the sadness with family and not someone who gets paid to care. He brought the piano out into the extended dining room and sat me down in an attempt to teach a basic song, but I wanted nothing of him teaching me and instead I would just play songs as I heard them off the their record player an a music box my mother had given to me.
The song in the box was called Moonlight Densetu and it used to play in light and springy tones but it must have been damaged in the chaos as afterwards it played in a heavy and somber way; like the song itself was saddened by what had happened less than a year before.

AttachmentSize
Image icon cmcy84.93 KB
up
127 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rough beginning

Mot sure I can handle more.