Music School Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

Lindsey looks at the others as she laid face down on the lounge seat in the back of their band coach. She was extremely tired and could barely keep her eyes opened. They have been busy since going back to school.

Her and Tessa had been busy with the orchestra and the jazz group she had been playing in. Terry didn’t mind her playing in the group. They only got together once a week to play at some of the jazz clubs in town.

She was happy Henry joined a jazz group. The jazz group that played at the two steampunk restaurants they played at, took Henry on. Now, they were playing at some of the high-end restaurants.

Since she has gone to the doctor about her knee. She has been taking it careful and wearing her knee brace more often. Even when she has gym class, she has been taking it easy. She opens the drawer under her seat and pull out some blankets and pillows out to curl up under. They were on their way back from a gig they did in Huntsville, Alabama.

They had done four gigs in three days. The last time they had been busy was around the holidays. They did a few gigs near and around Thanksgiving. Then they were busy during the Christmas holidays. Not only had they been busy, but they had to fly to New York for a television interview with some of the late-night shows.

The Christmas parade they were involved in, was cold and the costumes they had chosen to wear. Didn’t provide much warmth when the wind blew. Lindsey got chapped lips and it was difficult for her to play her saxophone.

On New Year Eve, the band was invited to a party sponsored by the record company. Someone spiked Lindsey’s drink and when she woke up the next day. She found herself lying naked in bed between Kaja and Ian in a hotel room she didn’t recognize. Kaja and Ian were naked as well.

She felt Ian’s manhood resting against her butt cheeks and his arms around her. Kaja was facing her and had her arms around her as well. On top of that, her mouth tasted funny and her anal opening was hurting her.

She felt nauseous and her head was hurting her. She had a difficult time slipping out of bed, without waking everyone. She made it to the bathroom in time, as her stomach upchucked everything, she had in it. She was sitting on the bathroom floor, throwing up everything in her stomach.

To this day, she couldn’t recall everything that happened that night. All she knew, was Kaja had seen she was acting weird and took her back to their hotel room. On the way up to their room, they ran into Ian and he was wasted as well. The three of them ended up in bed with one another.

Lindsey’s mother had brought her boyfriend with her and they had done some celebrating as well. When she found out what happened to Lindsey, she was concerned about her and then a lecture followed afterward. She was glad that Ian in his drunken state had put a rubber on when he had sex with her and Kaja.

According to Kaja, she kept coming onto her while they were in bed with Ian. So, the two of them had some lesbian sex. The dynamics between the three of them changed some, but they were still seeing each other or were together.

“Krist, how much longer before we’re home?” Lindsey uses the intercom in the back to speak with Krist up front.

“Another hour and a half. I have to stop at a gas station and fill the tank.” Krist had glanced at the gas gauge and noticed they were almost out.

“Okay, well wake us when we get home.” Lindsey had glanced around the back and everyone was either asleep or plugged in playing games or watching a movie.

Lindsey curls up under the blankets after fluffing the pillow. She closes her eyes and let sleep claim her. She was out so fast, that if someone tried to wake her, she would ignore them.

Krist spots a Circle K gas station that was opened and pulls into it. He pulls up to the pumps and shut the engine off. The Invertor that powers the back of the coach was still providing power.

He gets out and starts pumping the gas after he got approved. As he is standing there pumping the gas. A State Trooper pulls up and notices the bands coach. He walks over towards the bus and Krist.

“This your coach, boy?” Officer Jenkins had spotted the band coach.

He noticed it was pulling a small trailer behind it. Both vehicles had the bands name on the side and on the back.

“Yes, sir. I’m the driver for the band.” Krist finishes pumping the gas.

“I want to see the ids of everyone inside.” Officer Jenkins loved messing with performers.

“On what grounds, Officer?” Krist knew how some police and state troopers could be.

“It doesn’t matter. I want to see all the ids of everyone inside.” Officer Jenkins wanted to see if they were using drugs and such.

Krist opens the driver side and opens the side door to let the police officer hear what he said.

“Guys, we have a state trooper out here that wants to see everyone’s ids.”

Officer Jenkins had stood by the door and watched as it opened. He didn’t smell anything coming out. He gets closer and watches as the coach moved.

“Lindsey, wake-up.” Kaja shakes Lindsey’s shoulder gently.

Lindsey opens her tired eyes “I just fell asleep.”

“I’m sorry to wake you Lindsey, but there’s a state trooper outside that wants to see everyone’s id.” Kaja had hers tucked in her back pocket.

“Alright.” Lindsey sits up and grabs her wallet out of her purse. She shivers when the cool air hit her warm skin.

She slips on a pair of slippers she keeps on the couch and walks out into the night air. She looks around and notices they were at a gas station. She stands next to Kaja as she spots the state trooper that made them get out of the coach.

“Is that the jerk, that I was woken-up for?” Lindsey was feeling angry she was woken-up because some jackass was harassing them.

“Yep, that the jerk.” Kaja had to agree with Lindsey.

Officer Jenkins heard the two girls and walks over to them first. He looks at the first one and notices she was smaller than all the people who came off the bus. She also looked to be young enough to be in junior high as well.

“How old are you?”

“I’m 13 yrs. old officer.” Lindsey looks directly into his eyes as she stretched the word officer out.

“Are you being smart with me young lady?”

“That depends, sir. On what your IQ score is.” Lindsey was upset about this jerk.

Terry and Maxine couldn’t believe Lindsey was being a smartass towards the state trooper.

Officer Jenkins ignores Lindsey’s smartass remarks “aren’t you supposed to be home right now?”

“I would be if you weren’t being a jerk.” She shivers as a light breeze blows by them.

“Let me see your id.”

Lindsey hands Officer Jenkins her state identity card. She also hands him her entertainment work permit card as well. This way he couldn’t say anything about her traveling with her bandmates.

Officer Jenkins looks at the id cards Lindsey handed him. The first one was the standard state issue identity card given by the state of Georgia. The second one was an entertainer’s permit issued by the state of Georgia.

He looks at Lindsey “you’re an entertainer?”

“Yes, sir. I play and write music for my band and for the Georgia Symphony.” Lindsey just wanted to crawl back under her blankets.

“Aren’t you a little too young traveling around with this group?” Officer Jenkins motions towards the others.

“Aren’t you supposed to protect and serve? None of us have done anything wrong.”

“You’re being a little smartass.” Officer Jenkins was getting tired of Lindsey’s smart mouth.

“You would too if you just got woken-up for no reason. I’m tired, I’m cold and all I want to do is get home and crawl into my bed.” Lindsey was feeling grumpy.

Officer Jenkins hands her cards back to Lindsey and checks the others. Terry, Krist, and Maxine were 18-years old, which meant they were responsible for the minors among them. He inspects the bus but doesn’t find anything. Everything was up to date and they had all the proper permits.

“Alright, you can go. However, young lady.” as he looks at Lindsey “you need to be more polite when talking to a police officer.”

Lindsey was about to say something when Kaja puts her hand over Lindsey’s mouth. She looks towards Officer Jenkins “we’ll make sure she remembers that next time.”

Officer Jenkins watches as she and the others board the coach. He wonders what parent allows their child to travel around with a bunch of older teenagers. He heads into the store to get a cup of coffee.

“Lindsey, what got into you?” As Kaja follows Lindsey into the coach.

“He woke me up for no reason, other than to harass us.” Lindsey yawns as she lays back down on the bench.

She punches her pillow a few times and covers back up with the blankets. She slips her slippers off and let them fall to the floor.

“You need to remember, Lindsey. He could have locked us up.”

“He was just harassing us because we are musicians.” Lindsey yawns and closes her eyes.

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Civil rights fade quietly

away if allowed. A defining aspect of a police state is showing papers on demand.
This why I love dash-cams and body cams so much, They are becoming quite inexpensive.

No probal cause

Samantha Heart's picture

He had NO Probabsl cause other than being a band. That is NO CAUSE to harass them i would have asked to see his supervisor (assistant zone commander or Zone commander) and want a writter probabal cause statement. He smelled no drugs or Alchohol comming from the bus if hecwould have arrested every one it would have been his ASS for false arrest as it is now they have that trooper for false detaiment! All because he LOVED to screw with bands!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

No PC, No RS

He not only didn't have Probable Cause, he didn't even have a Reasonable Suspicion (a much lower bar). He also didn't have the right to demand everyone show their ID to him. He can do a standard check of the driver's license of the driver because he can check to see if the license is up-to-date and valid for the type of vehicle being driven, as well as checking for a valid proof of insurance for the type of vehicle being used. No, he didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

Any competent lawyer would salivate at getting this case. What this trooper did is against Federal law and the U.S. Constitution. They could file a lawsuit against both the state and the trooper, both jointly and separately. They can also request an investigation into the trooper's conduct and past actions. It is at least possible that the trooper would be fired with prejudice, no law enforcement agency would touch him after that. If the lawyer is good enough he could probably cause the trooper to lose his retirement pay and benefits. Bad cops are bad people and deserve no leniency. I'll back an honest officer all the way to the wall and back, but a corrupt officer deserves everything the law can dish out.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin