Music School Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version

Lindsey was in her bedroom asleep, when she heard some noises coming from her practice room. It was directly across the hallway from her bedroom. She looks at the clock and notices that it was three in the morning. She slips out of bed and opens her bedroom door and appear into the hallway. She doesn’t see anything as she walks out of her room and across the hallway and turn the light on in the practice room.

Just as she turns the lights on, she spots two guys in her practice room. They turned around when the lights come on. They had been busy dismantling her audio recording equipment.

“MOM CALL THE POLICE!” Lindsey was screaming at the top of her lungs.

One of the guys rushes towards her. He pulls a knife from his pocket.

“Why you LITTLE BITCH!” As he tries to stab her.

Lindsey falls backward into the hallway, just as the guy tried to stab her. She shuffles backwards towards her bedroom. She feels her foot grabbed as the guy manages to grab her left ankle.

The other guy in her practice room, wasn’t going to leave empty handed. He was tearing the cables out of the audio recording equipment they decided to steal. They had already taken the entertainment system and gaming system out of the living room. They had put those items in their van.

Barbara and Greg were woken-up when Lindsey screamed for her mother to call the police. Greg was busy calling 911, while Barbara grabs her gun from her purse. Her first husband taught her how to use it. She had gotten it for protection, after a few female real estate agents had been raped and murder in other states.

She went out into the living room and towards Lindsey’s bedroom. She sees Lindsey being attack by a guy from the night light in the hallway and from the light from the practice room. She takes aim and fires at the guy, just as he plunged the knife he had into Lindsey’s left leg.

Lindsey tries kicking the guy that had her ankle again, but she couldn’t. She tried to free her leg, but he had a good grip on it. His fingers were digging into her flesh. She saw and felt as he plunged the knife into her upper thigh. She also saw him jerk from being shoot.

The guy pulls the knife out and plunges it again into her leg. He hadn’t even felt that he had been hit by a bullet. He pulls the knife out again and plunges it a third time, as his body jerks two more times from Barbara shooting him.

Barbara saw that the guy didn’t stop after being shot. So, Barbara shoots him two more times as he plunges his knife into Lindsey’s upper leg.
Barbara feels a bullet hit her right shoulder, as the second guy comes out of the practice room with the audio equipment under one arm and a small handgun in his other hand.

Lindsey screams as the first guy pulls his knife out of her leg and instead of plunging it in her leg again. He plunges it into her groin area, because of all the squirming around she was doing. She watches as he jerks from her mother shooting him. She felt it as he twisted the knife.

Barbara shoots at the first person and then shoots at the second person, just as he shot at her again. His second shot misses her and hits the wall behind her. Her bullet on the other hand hit him squarely in the chest.

The first guy finally collapses onto Lindsey, burying the knife deeper into her groin area with the weight of his body. She was in pain, but she was concerned about her mother. She couldn’t move because of the dead guy on top of her. She looks over towards her mother and saw she got shot in the same shoulder she had been injury before. Greg was by her side, holding her.

The police come rushing inside and see Lindsey pinned under one guy. The second guy was slumped in the door way of the practice room. Paramedics are called as the police try to get statements from people. Lindsey wasn’t in any condition to make a statement. She was losing blood from a nick to her main artery in her legs.

Officer Thomason tries to slow the flow, till the paramedics arrived. She looks down into the face of the teenage girl as she applied pressure. She could tell the girl was on the verge of passing out, due to blood lost. When she removed the guy that had fallen on top of her. She saw the knife buried in the girl’s groin area.

The perp had managed to plunge the knife right between her legs and into the floor underneath her. There was blood pooling under the girl. She was afraid to pull the knife out of the floor.

Lindsey saw the officer and a weak smile forms on her face “how is my mother?”

“Sssshh, don’t try to speak. Conserve your strength. Your losing blood.” Officer Thomason moves aside a strand of Lindsey’s hair.

Lindsey passes out do to blood lost. She falls into a peaceful sleep where she wasn’t feeling anything.

Officer Thomason watches as the young girl passes out due to blood lost. She could hear the second set of sirens as the paramedics finally show up and relieve her. Paramedics rushes over to where Officer Thomason was tending to Lindsey. The other paramedic rushes to Barbara to tend to her shoulder wound.

Ian heard the commotion from his bedroom window and looked out to see what was going on over at Lindsey’s house. He saw police cars and ambulances. He runs downstairs and towards the back door in his boxers. His mother had been woken as well. She had pulled her robe on and slip her tennis shoes on and followed her son.

She couldn’t believe there were police cars and ambulances at Lindsey’s house. Ian manages to make his way towards Lindsey’s place and saw her being carried out on a stretcher.

“Lindsey!” As he tries to make his way towards her.

Officer Thomason spots a young man trying to get to Lindsey. She intercepts him “she needs immediate medical attention. She’s lost too much blood.”

Ian felt his arm grabbed and then hears a female voice. He turns around to look at the woman who just spoke to him. He saw a young woman with brown hair dressed in a police uniform.

“How bad off is she?” He was concerned about.

“Before I answer your question, who are you?” Officer Thomason saw that the boy was only in his boxers.

“I’m her boyfriend and bandmate, Ian.” Ian was concerned about Lindsey.

“She’s been badly injured and needs immediate medical attention. If you want to see her, you’ll need to go to the hospital. You said you are her bandmate, what is the name of your band?” Officer Thomason was curious.

“Dusty Gaskets.” Ian was surprised the Officer didn’t recognize him or Lindsey.

“You might want to get dress first as well.” She looks at Ian and had to admit he had a nice build. However, he was still too underage for her.

Ian spots Greg helping Barbara to another ambulance. He walks over towards them “Mrs. Weather are you alright?” He saw that the paramedics were tending to her shoulder.

“I’m okay, Lindsey is in serious condition.” Barbara was concerned about her daughter.

“Is there anything the band can do?” Ian was going to call the other bandmates and inform them about Lindsey.

“We’re fine right now. You might want to wait and see how Lindsey is.” Barbara winces when they pack her shoulder. There was a bullet lodged in her shoulder.

Ian and his mother head back to their house, while police block off the crime scene. Ian pulls his cellphone out and calls every band member. Jamie and Terry are the first ones to call him back asking about Lindsey and which hospital she had been taken too.

Fairview General Hospital:
Barbara’s shoulder had been taken care of. They had to dig the bullet out of her shoulder. The damn thing hit her in the same shoulder the rebar had gone through. The round that had hit her had been a .380 round.

She found out that the person who had been stabbing Lindsey, was high on an 8 ball. She was lucky one of the bullets she shot at him had sever an artery or he would had kept on stabbing Lindsey. As for Lindsey herself, she was in serious condition right now. Not only had the guy sever a main artery in her leg, but also sever another artery in her groin area.

Lindsey was in the operating room right now with the doctor trying to save her life. She had lost too much blood. They almost lost her on the way to the hospital.

The band members were waiting out in the waiting room with Barbara and Greg. Barbara was worried about Lindsey. She couldn’t get over the fact that the guy kept stabbing her repeatedly.

After five hours, the doctor comes out of the operating room. Dr. Lang walks over to Barbara.

“How is she, Doctor?” Barbara was concerned.

“She’s in critical condition right now. We managed to repair the damage done to the artery in her leg, put we had a problem with her reproductive organs. The damage done to her groin was extensive. Right now, she has a catheter so urine can pass from her bladder to the bag. We can rebuild her penis, but she will lose her testicles.” Dr. Lang figures that the girl would rather have a girl’s bottom.

“Can you give her a woman’s reproductive organs, doctor?” Barbara knew Lindsey would prefer it over having her birth defect.

“In the condition she’s in right, now? I wouldn’t recommend it. However, once she has recovered some, we can do the operation. Until then, she’ll have to use a catheter.”

“Can I go in and see her?” Barbara wanted to see Lindsey.

“She’s still unconscious. So, she won’t know you are there.”

“Alright.” Barbara and Greg head to the room the nurse took Lindsey too.

When Barbara walks in, she sees that they had Lindsey hooked up to all sorts of machine. There was several Iv’s going into her.
Lindsey was still unconscious and looked so peaceful as she slept. Barbara just stands there and look at her daughter. She feels like she has let her down. That she should had done more to protect her. She walks over and places a kiss on Lindsey's forehead.

"I'll be here when you wake-up."

up
211 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I knew things were going

Samantha Heart's picture

To well for something bad not to happen to poor Lindsay :( its sad these idiots had to try to steel her stuff, but to stab her 4 times be shot 3 but still get the 4th stab in, then Barbra gets shot & her perp only got it once before he died. Why do people have to be so violent?

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Junkies & Pain

Illicit drugs do strange things to their users. I once watched a man, a Nam vet that was "disturbed", take 22 rounds and still physically take down a deputy sheriff. He took the deputy's pistol and was getting ready to shoot him at pointblank range when he took a round of double-aught buckshot to the chest that knocked him down. He got back up with the pistol and was again taking aim at the deputy when he was hit with a 12-gauge slug from 10 feet that finally put him down.

I was down behind the fender of a patrol car a hundred feet away, all I had was a revolver so I didn't take part in the shooting. A state trooper had an AR-15 and when he popped up from his patrol unit and shot all he managed to do was shoot out the A pillar of his unit, along with the windshield and spotlight. His Lt was not amused!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Injury leading to early SRS plot device

0.25tspgirl's picture

Since this plot device is a favorite of Efindumb (tongue firmly in my cheek) shouldn’t we name it after him? And yes I enjoy the creations of both Authors involved with this chuckle. Any suggestions?

BAK 0.25tspgirl

No.

No.

It's an insulting connection. It's also been used several times by Angharad years before I used it, alongside several other authors. It's not common because few writers are doing stories got that far into transition or are that intense at times to do that.

I can claim credit for the 'rich people who are the good guys" or "foster then adopt" device but not that.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

I agree

persephone's picture

Nancy Cole and I also used this plot device in our book 'Legend of Alfhildr' in 2010.

Kind regards

Persephone

Non sum qualis eram

If you're too hot

Stay out of the kitchen. Its a fact of life that credit is often ascribed to the wrong person. Proximity is often enough.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Sad part is

there really are people like that out there.

Two pigs down, a bunch to go

Jamie Lee's picture

How did those two guys get into the house without being heard? An alarm company is going to get some business when all is said and done.

Hopped up as they were it's understandable why they weren't affected by the gunshots from Barbara's gun. Still, they're dead and won't cause anyone else problems.

Though they being in the house begs a question as to how they knew about all the equipment Lindsey had?

It's sad Lindsey couldn't make the decision for herself, but she will finally look like other girls once she recovers enough. Terry best cancel any gigs scheduled because Lindsey will be laid up for some time.

Others have feelings too.