Let the Music Play Chp. 8

Printer-friendly version

Lisa couldn’t believe that she was on the road traveling with Dusty Gasket. She had been given a list of their songs and have been practicing before they left and on their new tour bus. She was practicing on a portable drum set that Alicia and Steven had gotten her to practice on, while she was traveling.

Lindsey had her head resting on Kaja’s lap as they sat on the sofa. She had a headache that wouldn’t go away. It was unusual for her to have one this bad. Terry brought his new girlfriend with them. Jamie and his girlfriend and lead singer Cindy were cuddled up on the other sofa.
Tessa and Jermaine were going over the new songs the band had come out with since he went to boot camp.

He was available for ten days before he went to his new assignment. So, he was traveling with them until he had to leave. Maxine was traveling with them this time around. She finished training the new sound engineer traveling with the other bands their production company handle.

“So, Jermaine, how did you like boot camp?” Jamie looks over towards Jermaine.

“It was hell. I couldn’t believe how many people from our hometown signed up for the military.” Jermaine had counted at least twelve people from their hometown alone.

“What do you expect? There’s nothing around us that would want you to stay. We’re out in the sticks.” Cindy has been trying to get Jamie to move from where they are.

“The town has us and they are very proud of us as well.” Lindsey looks in Cindy's direction.

“Look, we need to move our operation to one of the bigger cities. That way our popularity will increase.” Cindy was enjoying the attention she got from the magazines and podcasts.

“You don’t get it, Cindy. The more popular we become, the more attention is drawn to us and that means photographers and news reporters
watching us like hawks. You’ll never have any peace.” Lindsey was glad they didn’t have that problem right now.

Cindy just glares in Lindsey’s direction. She knew that out of everyone in the band, Lindsey gets the most press. There have been several magazines that have done articles about her. The rolling Stone alone has done over four articles on Lindsey. Sure, the band got coverage as well, but some of the articles focused on Lindsey’s musical talent.

Lisa takes her headset off, after finishing the last song she needed to learn. It was called Drum Storm and it was written just for the drummer in the band.

“Hey Lindsey, do you mind if I change drum storm up some?” Lisa had a few ideas that would make it better and a little bit more of her taste in music.

“What changes do you want to make to it?” Lindsey knew Ian had helped her write that particular piece.

“There are a few sections in the song that could use a more upbeat piece to it and maybe a tweak to some of the others.” Lisa liked the piece.

“Let’s hear, what you want to do to the piece.” Lindsey sits up to listen to Lisa.

“Okay.” Lisa turns the volume up on her portable drum set and plays the song with the changes in it.

“Damn, that does sound better.” Jermaine liked the new changes to the song.

“I agree.” Terry was listening to the group.

“Since everyone likes it. Let’s make it permanent then.” Lindsey had to admit it did sound better than her original piece.

“I’ll make the changes on the original.” Kaja brings the music file of Lindsey’s on her laptop up and makes the changes to the piece.

“So, who are you seeing now, Maxine?” Tessa was curious.

She and Maxine have fool around a few times. They weren’t serious and enjoyed each other’s bodies.

“I’m currently going out with two people. The new secretary at our office and a roadie that works at Houser’s.” Maxine liked both of them.

“That’s spreading yourself wide opened.” Lindsey had a smile on her face after saying that.

“I can take it. Stretching it won’t hurt me any.” Maxine had a smirk on her face.

Tessa just shakes her head back and forth from the corny sex jokes. She knew the new secretary at their office. She recommended the person.

After a few more hours of driving, they finally arrive at the basketball arena they were going to be playing at. They were impressed by the staff and everything they had put in their contract. Why Brenda was starting to put little things in their contract they didn’t need, confused Lindsey.

“Lisa, I need for you to put your costume on, so I can make the final adjustments to it.”

“Okay, Kaja.” Lisa grabs her costume and put it on in the back bedroom.

She comes walking out and stops near Kaja. Her costume was similar to Lindsey’s but in a different style. It showed off her chest and long legs.

“Wow! You look nice, Lisa.” Tessa liked how Lisa looked.

“Thanks, I kind of feel weird wearing this costume.” Lisa felt a little uncomfortable in it.

“You’ll get used to it.” Lindsey stood nearby in her new costume.

Kaja walks over and makes a few minor adjustments to Lisa’s and finishes up on some decoration on it. She was careful not to stick Lisa with the needle.

“There, that should do you.” Kaja stands back to look at Lisa.

She liked how the costume showed off Lisa’s figure. She also liked how its matches Tessa’s and Lindsey’s outfit.

“Well, since your dress. Let’s go and start setting up everything.” Terry unlocks the trailer attached to the back of the Rv.

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another nice chapter.

WillowD's picture

I just wish I could remember the story. Lady Dragon has so many stories going on at once that my lousy memory can't keep track of them all. But I think it's absolutely awesome that there is at least one new Lady Dragon chapter almost every day.

Sometimes it takes

Samantha Heart's picture

Another outsider who knows music too & is a good drummer to maybe tweak things here & there to make it better. As for Lindsay's headache she may need her blood pressure taken to see if its elevated if thats not it then unfortunately she needs the ER to be evaluated.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.