You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Julia, Tizzy and Gina didn’t like the idea of the wolves going first, but they needed to know if the doors were bobby trapped. Kat and her crew were acting as back-up for Julia and her family. They had split the team up to enter from two separate entrances. Julia sends Terror first to check the door for explosives and when he gives the all clear.

They move with Julia and Lev taking the lead. Kat, Crystal and Gina were next. The three of them were the fastest runners. Tizzy, Paul, Luke and Alexa were last. The four of them were providing cover for everyone else.

Julia looks at the electronic key entry lock. She takes a small spray can out and spray the keys to see what numbers were pressed. It was a six-number combination.

“Dam! I hate electronic locks.” Julia was inputting the numbers on her wrist comp.

“Here, let me see if I can find the right numbers for you.” Kat steps forward and gets close.

The residue wasn’t helping her nose as she sniffs the keyboard and presses the numbers. After a few minutes of sniffing and pressing the different keys, the door clicks open.

“That was a neat trick.” Julia walks in first followed by everyone else.

“How’s the other team doing?” Paul was curious about them.

“Don’t know. We lost contact with them as soon as we walked into the building.” Gina didn’t like the sound of that.

They move down the hallway with the wolves taking point. Kat was behind them, because of her hearing and nose.

Kat was keeping an eye on the wolves because they would hear things and smell things before her. They move deeper and deeper into the warehouse and come to a set of double doors. The wolves approach the door and stop.

Menace starts growling, followed by the other two wolves. Their ears were laid back and growling. Something was on the other side and they didn’t like it.

“Here Kat, toss this.” Julia hands Kat two flash grenades.

Kat steps to one side of the door, after the wolves moved back some. She opens the door slightly and tosses the flash grenades, just as gunfire erupted. The grenades go off, Julia and Kat go through first and lay down cover fire as the wolves charge in. Terror launches onto the nearest target and rips his throat out. Menace takes the next nearest, and rips into his unprotected arm. Cadmus takes a third down by the throat.

Kat had leaped over the wolves and was fighting one guy. She had managed to punch him in his face and busted his nose. Julia and Tizzy took aim at a few that had dropped back and shot them in their heads as they tried to retreat. Paul and Lev dropped two more with Alexa shooting one guy in his groin, because he was wearing a vest.

There were screaming from the two men that Menace used his arm as a chew toy. The one Cadmus had attacked was choking on his own blood, thanks to Cadmus. Gina shoots the one Menace was using as a chew toy in the head.

“I wonder what else is waiting for us.” Alexa was looking at the one she shot in the groin.

“Let’s hope, we don’t run into a lot of guys with guns.” Gina walks over the body of the guy she shot.

The wolves take point again as Kat kept some distance behind them as they walked into a huge area. Which was the main storage area. They could hear gunfire and screams. The double doors on the other side of the warehouse explode inward, as the two Marshal’s and one of the police officers from their team come running in. Just as they enter the room, there’s a loud buzzing sound coming from directly overhead and a swam of small items start dropping down onto them. The sprinkler system overhead cuts on and starts spraying down on everyone.

“GAS!” Kat had smelled it when the sprinklers started spraying down on them.

The little black flying drones drop down towards them and start exploding. The explosion sets off the gas which sends everyone flying. They were blown into wooden storage crates, pallets of boxes and several nearby forklifts. Terror is slammed into Julia against a forklift. Kat gets slammed from Cadmus into a stack of boxes that topples and buries them. Menace is slammed into Paul and sent flying against the wall. As he hits the wall, something sharp enters his back on the right-hand side of his body, just below his shoulder.

Gina is sent flying and hits her back and her head against a support column. Alexa and Lev are sent flying into the Marshals and all four of them are blown into a corner, along with other debris that was burning. Luke and Tizzy are sent flying across the warehouse and into the loading dock doors. Crystal was blown into an empty wooden storage crate and her hair had gotten singed.Fire is everywhere and the whole team was knocked unconscious.

Outside the Warehouse:
Chris was on her way home from a movie that her and a few friends were making for their art project. She was still dressed as the Baroness from the G.I. Joe movie, when she heard an explosion and saw fire and smoke. She heads over towards the building on her motorcycle. As she got closer, she could see flames engulfing the building. She whips her cellphone out and dials 911 and reports the fire.

Chris runs over to a window and looks inside and spots people lying on the floor inside the building. She needed to get inside to find out if those people were dead or not. She breaks the glass and climbs in. She runs over to the nearest person and check their pulse. She could smell gasoline everywhere. The person she was checking barely had a pulse. She saw that the person had a handgun on them and took it. Her own handguns were loaded with blanks for the movie she helped make. She runs over to the other loading dock door that was locked and shoots the locks.

She was used to handling handguns. She starts pulling the people near the loading door out first and then starts looking for others. She finds three big ass wolves and pull them out. By the time she pulled the last person out, she was tired, sweaty in her skin tight catsuit and coughing from the smoke she inhaled. She had the smell of smoke cling to her.

The fire department had showed up and was busy putting the fire out. The paramedics were tending to the wounded and she was giving her report to what happened to the police that had showed up.

Julia and Tizzy’s Hospital room:
Julia started waking up, and slowly moves her head as she tries to figure out where she was. She felt the needle in her arm and saw the machines next to her. She was in a hospital gown and had a air hose in her nose. Her left arm was in a cast and her chest was wrapped up. It finally dawns on her that she was in a hospital room.

Lying in the bed next to her, was her cousin Tizzy. She had a neck brace going around her neck. Her right arm was in a cast and her head was bandaged. She was still out of it. She didn’t know what the condition was of the wolves, her sister or the rest of their team.

Julia tries to get out of bed, but she was to weak to move. Twenty minutes later, a nurse comes in to check on her and Tizzy.

“Ma’am, where is my sister and how did I get here?” Julia was looking at the nurse.

“Your sister is in the next room Ms. Bounty and the paramedics brought you and your group in.” Nurse Steward had been informed that a person dressed like the Baroness from G.I. Joe had rescued them.

“Do you know if the wolves that were with us, are okay?” Julia was worried about Terror, Menace and Cadmus. Especially Cadmus, because
Gina was attached to him. It would kill her if he had died.

“The wolves that were with you, are at the vet right now. Your father was informed, and he came in two days ago to care for them.” Steward checks Julia’s pulse and blood pressure.

She sticks the thermometer in her mouth, before she can ask any more questions. She pulls it out after waiting 3 minutes and notices that she
still was running a slight fever. She writes the temperature on the pad the hospital was using now.

“Have I been out for two days?” Julia was glad the thermometer was out of her mouth. The plastic tasted nasty.

Steward looks down at Julia “you and your group came in and all of you were in critical condition. The doctors had to use the paddles on your strange looking friend. Your sister is still unconscious and may have a broken back. You have a broken arm and fractured ribs. If you hadn’t been wearing your vest, your wolf would had broken your ribs and puncture your lungs.”

Jack and Cheshire walks into the room. Nurse Steward turns around and notices them.

“Mr. Bounty, Ms. Patel it’s nice seeing you again. Julia just woke-up, but I’m afraid Tizzy still hasn’t woken-up yet.”

“She will.” Cheshire lays Tizzy’s teddy bear next to her. The bear had Simba’s scent on it. She sits down in the chair next to her bed and holds Tizzy’s uninjured hand.

“If you need anything, let me know.” Nurse Steward leaves the room, to give Mr. Bounty and Ms. Patel sometime with Julia. She goes to check on her other patients.

“I messed up daddy.” Tears start leaking from her eyes.

“How did you mess up, baby?” Jack sits down in the chair next to Julia’s bed.

“I should had done more recon on the place and I knew he was waiting for us.” Julia felt terrible that people had gotten injured.

“Why don’t you tell me what happened, and I'll tell you if you messed up.” He wipes the tears away from Julia eyes.

He hated seeing his baby in the hospital bed. He was already concerned about Gina. The doctor told him that she had hit her back and head hard against a solid object.

Julia tells him how they had entered and encounter several people. Afterwards, they made their way into a large warehouse area. The two Marshal’s and one police officer had been forced in there with them. She informs him of the sprinkler systems going off and spraying them with gasoline. Then the tiny bots that had dropped from a bigger drone that had been hovering high up against the roof. She informs him that they exploded when they dropped below the sprinkler systems.

“Sounds like you walked into a trap, baby. You didn’t do anything wrong. There wouldn’t had been a way for the wolves or even your friend Kat to know there was gasoline in the sprinkler system. The guy you were trying to capture, is an experience operative. The way he planned this, sounds like something I might have done. Except, I like to make things personal.” Jack reaches forward and brushes some of Julia’s hair out of her face.

“How are the wolves?” Julia grabs her father’s hand with her good one.

“Terror and Menace will live. They just need time to recover. As for Cadmus, I’m going to have to retire him from active duty. A bunch of rims fell on top of him and broke his ribs and front right shoulder.”

Kat’s Hospital room:
Kat’s older brother, Britney, and Terry were in Kat’s room. Next to her was Paul. Kat was still unconscious and wrapped up. She had hoses going into her nose and machines hooked up to her. Her head was bandage, her chest was wrapped, and both her arms were in a cast. She had an IV connected to her.

Paul’s right shoulder was bandaged up and was unconscious. His head was wrapped, as well. Terry was holding her father’s hand and Brittney was holding Kat’s hand.

“Uncle Ben, is mom going to be okay?” Brittney looks over at her Uncle.

“Your mother will be fine. She’s too stubborn to give up. Come on sis, get your lazy self-up and take care of your children.” Ben was concerned about his sister. The doctors told him, that they had to jump start her heart several times.

Kat’s eyes flutter as she gives her brother the middle finger. She slowly opens her eyes and look at her family standing next to her. She saw her children and her big brother.

Brittney notices her mother open her eyes.

“MOM!” Brittney lets go of Kat’s hand and hugs her. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. She was concerned for Crystal as well, but Kat was her mother.

“See I told you. Your mother is one tough lady.” He glances down at his little sister. He has only seen her like this, one other time. It was when she got jumped by a bounty and his brother’s. She was beaten so badly, that he wanted to go after the son-of-bitches himself and teach them a lesson.

Lev and Luke’s Hospital room:
Rebecca was sitting next to Lev’s bed holding his hand. Her sister was injured, and her husband was injured as well. His chest was completely wrapped up and he was asleep right now. He had woken-up earlier and the two of them had talked. He had an Iv going into his arm and his wrist was wrapped. He was wearing a neck brace and his right arm was in a cast. Luke is in the same condition as Tizzy. Both had hit the metal door hard from the explosion.

Crystal and Alexa Hospital room:
Alexa was out and bandaged up. She was in the same condition as Lev. She was currently asleep. Crystal had been awake when Brittney poked her head in to check on her and give her a kiss. Crystal had told her to go and see how her mother was. She was suffering from inhaling smoke and was on oxygen.

Baroness.jpg
"This is how Chris was dressed when she rescued Julia and gang."
up
223 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I have an inkling that Jack

I have an inkling that Jack is going to go out and take this bad guy down by himself; since his daughters and friends were all badly injured, along with his wolves. As he said, it now very personal and that is truly the worst thing this bad guy can have happen.

That was quite a trap

Almost wiped out the whole team. Luckily Chris came along to pull them out of the warehouse. Chris is hot by the way.

Chris?

I think I read about her in another chapter but I can't remember which one? Please tell me so I can reread it.

Chris

I just introduce Chris in this chapter.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Huh.

I could have sworn I read about her. Maybe it was a similar scene in another story.

Jack and Chestier

Well all I can say is that once they are assured that everyone is alright; things are going to get bloody quick. It'll be a coin toss who gets who first thou... thinking both jack and Cheshire will want their fun, as only they know how to do it. Question is do we feel sorry for the villain at this point, nawwww... Make them bleed I say!