You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Brittney was all doped up after the operation to remove the shrapnel from her leg. No serious damage had been done to her. She was going to have some scars from where a few pieces had imbedded themselves. The doctor had pulled out over thirty pieces of metal fragment from her leg. The hospital was keeping her overnight.

Kat and Paul were kicking themselves for bring Brittney on this bounty. Kat looks at her sweet little girl as she slept and vowed never to take Brittney on another high-profile bounty again. Her, Paul and Crystal were staying by Brittney’s side while she was in the hospital. The rest of the team members had gone back to their hotel room to start packing up their equipment. The damage SUV had been towed away from Boris’s resident and taken to the MD-17 to be flown back to Rebecca’s garage to be fixed if it could or have the equipment inside be transferred to a new SUV.

Rebecca was pretty sure she could rebuild the SUV. After all, she had restored fighter planes that had been sitting in the ocean back to operational status and ones that had been buried in the ground as well. She had some of the best mechanics and engineers around working for her. When the SUV got to the plane, Butch couldn’t believe what he saw. He had sent pictures back to Rebecca and August of its condition.
Some FBI agents had stopped by the MD-17 and wanted to come aboard and search the plane and the SUV. Butch told them to fuck off unless they had a warrant.

Rebecca had strict rules about people searching her plane and anything aboard it. Unless they worked for her or are part of the crew of any of her planes. No one was permitted to be onboard, unless they were loading the plane or refueling the plane. Even after a load had been loaded aboard the plane, the loadmaster was to check each load and scan it for any explosives or contraband.

If the plane was being searched by a foreign government, then an agent of hers was to search with them as they searched the plane. If the government or government agent didn’t allow it, then the shipment was returned to the shipper. She didn’t play stupid government games.
Rebecca ran a tight ship when it came to her planes. She had government contracts and have flown items for the DEA and the CIA. She has flown things for other governments as well. However, in every contract she writes up, she has final say what is permitted aboard her planes. If her loadmasters say it isn’t permitted, then it doesn’t get transported on her planes.

The FBI agents didn’t like how Butch told them to fuck off. Butch made it very clear to them that the security team that flies on every flight were ex-Special Forces that were hired to protect the plane. Rebecca loved hiring retired military or police officers for her company. Military because her company was started by her father and a few friends of his that were retired military. They made it a practice to always hire retired or active military because of the service they did or do for the country. After two years of service with the company, she allowed them to share in any profits the company made. That way they could reinvest the money in the company or take it as additional income for their retirement.

As for the other businesses of the company, like restoring planes and antique cars. That was a separate business of the company. That was her personal business. Those were started by her. The Garage, the trucking company and flight school fell under her and August ownership, since August helps her handle all the business aspect of those. She keeps the profit sharing plan with the employees that work in those.

Butch was walking around outside the plane checking for anything that shouldn’t be on the plane. August had sent him several pictures of her in a new skimpy bikini she had bought for their trip to the Bahamas. They had gotten married a few months ago and never did go on their honeymoon. It wasn’t because they couldn’t afford the trip, it was because Rebecca needed August to run the business, while she got used to being a new mother. The twins were keeping her up at night when they were born and Lev was out on the road handling the trucking contracts they had. Even though they had another trucker working for them, they still had plenty of work that required Lev to be gone a lot. They had been talking about hiring a third independent trucker and making the same type of deal they had with the second trucker that worked for them.

They had bought the second Lear, because companies were calling them to fly their people to meetings and places instead of going through the airport and their regulations. Companies were getting tired of how the TSA were treating some of their people when they didn’t do anything wrong.

Christmas and Thanksgiving time were their busiest time of the year. They were normally hired to help deliver packages and mail by companies. So, Rebecca and Butch wanted to take their honeymoon, before those times. That was why Rebecca was going to allow them to take the new Lear they just bought.

Butch had been informed by Kat that they were going to stay another day because of Brittney’s injuries she had gotten from the front of the SUV exploding. Butch didn’t mind, the boss lady was paying him to watch the plane. The crew had left to grab some food from a nearby restaurant. They were going to bring him and the security team back some food.

Butch notices one of Paul’s SUV driving up to the plane. He waits to see who it was. Alexa and Luke get out of the SUV.

“Hey Butch, Paul and Kat want to leave right away tomorrow morning. Can you have the plane ready for takeoff as soon as we get here?”

“Sure, we can be ready as soon as you guys arrive. What’s going on?” Butch was curious about why Paul hadn’t called him and told him this himself.

“We think FBI Agent Jones has been searching through our stuff at the hotel, so Paul and Kat told us to pack-up all our stuff and bring it to the plane.”

“That’s strange, we had a visit by some FBI agents earlier today. Does this have anything to do with the apprehension of Boris?”

“We think so. Agent Jones didn’t want us to collect the bounty on him. If it wasn’t for Police Officers Julia Bounty, US Marshal Edward Bullock
and Police Officer Tizzy Patel. We would had lost the bounty on him. Kat was going to call her friend Morgana to do a background check on Agent Jones and find out if he is clean or not.”

“Who’s Morgana?” Butch hadn’t heard that name before.

“She’s a freelance computer specialist that Kat and Paul use to gather background information about people. She does a lot of computer work for Kat.”

“Oh? Maybe she might want to do some computer work for Rebecca. She needs someone to come in and network all the building together, so August’s job is easier.”

Butch knew that all the buildings Rebecca owns at the airfield, weren’t networked together. Everyone had to come to the main office and check in or place orders with August. If they could network the buildings, then it would be easier on August for payroll and supplies.

“I’ll pass the word to Kat so she can ask Morgana if she wants the job.”

Alexa texts the request to Kat at the hospital. Afterwards they unload the SUV and make room for Brittney, Crystal, Paul and Kat.

Kat’s phone chirps when she receives the text from Alexa. She responses back to Alexa letting her know she’ll talk with Morgana about networking her sisters place. Kat was stretching her legs while Brittney slept. Crystal was inside the room asleep in a chair by Brittney’s bed and Paul had gone to get them some coffee. She had already called her sister to check-up on the twins and Terry. Kristen had informed her that the men they had asked to make the last-minute bounty for them had captured the guy. They brought in another person that had a bounty on him from a bails bond company from Murphy, North Carolina. It was a five-hundred-thousand-dollar bounty and the company was thankful for them capturing the person. That had made Kat’s day.

She looks outside from the window on the floor that Brittney’s room was on and notices something strange. There was a car parked near the hospital looking towards it. Kat was curious and pulls out her binoculars she keeps in her purse and scans the parking to see if there were more cars. She spots another car over near the emergency room entrance as well.

“I wonder who or what they are looking for?” Kat kept watching them.

Paul was heading back towards Brittney’s room with a coffee cup for Kat when he spots her looking out of the window with her binoculars.

“Watch you watching out there?”

“I think were being watched by the FBI.” She hands him her binoculars, as Paul hands her the coffee cup he had gotten for her.

“Thanks.” Kat takes a sip of the coffee.

“You’re welcome.”

Paul spotted what Kat had and the other car watching the front of the hospital.

“I wonder why they are watching the hospital?”

“Beats me, unless they work for Agent Jones.”

“We really need to talk with Morgana and have her do a background check on him.” Paul hands the binoculars back to Kat.

“I was thinking about waiting a while before I called her. She’s two hours ahead of us right now.”

“I don’t think she’ll mind you calling her.” Paul takes a sip of his coffee.

“Alright.” Kat presses the speed dial for Morgana.

Morgana’s hotel room:
Morgana was woken-up by the sounds of her cellphone going off. She had gone to bed after helping Terry and Dakota with their fight in Washington D.C. and being chewed out by Anika for not following orders. She glances at the clock and notices it was eleven At night.

She grabs her glasses and look at the caller id and notices it was Kat calling her.

“Hey Kat, what’s going on?” She covers up a yawn.

Kat heard Morgana yawn in the background “sorry for calling you so late, Morgana. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind doing a background
check for me on a person.”

“Sure, send me their information and I’ll run the person when I get up.” Morgana wasn’t about to turn Kat down. She came through with the promise on the wheel chair the character Spark’s from the movie STEEL had for her.

“Okay, oh Morgana. This person is supposed to be an FBI agent, so be careful when you make your inquiry.”

“I will Kat. No one had caught me yet going through their database.”

“Well, just be careful please. Sleep tight.”

“Thanks. Bye!”

Morgana hangs up and goes back to sleep.

up
248 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Morgana

Would be two hours behind, she's two time zones west of AZ in Cal. So, for it to be 11pm in Cal. it would have to be 1am in AZ. So standing in the hospital window looking out with a pair of binocs would be obvious as hell to the watchers.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin