You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Marin Jones had watched from an office building nearby as the Memphis police, US Marshal’s and the Bounty Hunting team from Knoxville had shown-up and entered the building. He was impress by the three girls with the wolves. His intel about them was spot on. Two of them were the daughters of the Devil’s Bounty Hunter and the other one was the daughter of the Cheshire herself. He knew when he tried to kill them he was inviting two of the worse killers around after him.

What he hadn’t counted on was someone dressed in a costume from the G.I. Joe movies and comic books rescuing them. If the fire had burned their bodies and made it difficult to id them, it would had given him some time. However, now he didn't have the time. Two of his people at the hospital informed him that the Devil’s Bounty Hunter and The Cheshire had arrived and visited their daughters and friends. Not only had they visited their daughters, but visited the person that saved them. Which meant that person was under their protection and any action taken would warrant a visit from them.

He pulls his cellphone out and presses a button “kill the good samaritan.”

He hangs up and waits to hear if the contract has been done. He figures that the two would be coming after him. So, why not kill the samaritan.

Christine:
Christine couldn’t believe the work she still had to get done on the movie they were making. Most of the editing was done, but they still had to add in a few more scenes and special effects. When she goes down to the parking lot, where her motorcycle was. Something didn’t feel right to her. She looks around, but couldn’t spot anything out of the ordinary. She checks her motorcycle and spotted something that wasn’t right.

Someone had messed with her motorcycle. She traces the extra wires someone had added to her motorcycle that lead to her tanks and spotted the small explosive device someone had added. So, when she throttles the engine, it would explode.

She disconnects the device and rechecks her motorcycle just in case someone had added anything else to it, but doesn’t find anything amiss.
She mounts her motorcycle after putting the explosive device in her backpack. She’ll look at it later after work.

She speeds down the road heading towards her full-time job at the Rainbow Lounge. She knew tonight was going to be busy, because all the drinks were half off their normal price till closing after six pm.

Rainbow Lounge:
Billy Ellis had followed the target he had been sent after. He couldn’t believe a college student knew how to search and remove an explosive device. What was this girl? He follows her to a known gay and lesbian bar & restaurant. He watches where she parks her motorcycle. She parks her motorcycle some where he couldn’t get too without being seen. He’ll have to wait for his target to come out. As he sits there waiting for his target. He doesn’t notice the shadowy figure sneaking up on the passenger side of the car. The last thing he hears is a quiet shot, as he is pushed out of the way and another driver takes his place.

Two Hours Later:
Billy starts waking up and notices he is tied to a chair. He looks around and notices he is in a metal trucking container all by himself. After a few minutes, a person walks inside. He couldn’t make out who it was, till they got closer to him. He notices she had short brown hair and nice eyes.
She was dressed in a black skintight body suit. There was a handgun on her right hip.

“Who the fuck, are you?” Billy was pissed.

“I’m a nobody. That’s who I am.” She smiles at him.

“Then who the fuck, are you and why am I here?” Billy wanted an answer.

“I told you who I am. As for why you are here? Did you honestly believe that the person you were sent after wouldn’t be protected? Now, since your boss knows you failed your assignment. Where is he operating from?”

“Sorry, am not going to tell you that.”

“I figured you wouldn’t. So, I have something just for you.” The woman walks over and slaps a dog collar around the Billy’s neck.

“Now, this is an electrified dog collar. I’m going to ask you a question and if you don’t answer it. I’m going to shock you.”

“Go ahead, I’m not going to…..”

He doesn’t even finish the sentence as he starts shaking. He stops after a few seconds.

“You were saying?” The woman had a smile on her face.

Billy looks at her and he wanted to kill her.

“Now are you going to answer my question?” A smile appears on her face.

“Fuck you, BBBIITTCCHH!!!” as he is dancing again from the electricity coursing through his body.

The woman stops “five, four, three, two, one.” She presses the remote again.

Billy starts dancing again. There is a pause and he feel the electricity again. It stops.

“Where oh Where is he hiding. Where oh Where is my Mr. Jones?” She presses the remote again.

Billy shakes violently from the increase in electricity. It stops after a while.

“Stop! Stop! I’ll tell you.” Billy looks at the woman.

“He’s up your, Ass. Bitch!” A smile appears on his face.

The woman turns the voltage up extremely high and presses the button. The lights dim as Billy shakes so bad, that a bone breaks. She stops when she hears the snap.

“Last chance. I really don’t care if you tell me. I have other ways to find him. This is just funnier.” An evil smile appears on her face.

Billy felt the bone in his arm break from thrusting so hard again his bonds.

“3, 2, “

“I’ll tell you. He’s operating from a vacant building only a few blocks from the warehouse that he tried to kill the people in.”
The woman just looks at him, seeing if she believes his horse manure. She hears Cheshire’s voice in her ear wick.

“Where would he go if he isn’t there?” The woman watches him.

“I don’t know. That’s where I met him for this assignment. I swear.” Billy didn’t know where he went.

The woman listens to what Cheshire tells her. She walks over and takes the collars off and pulls a small gun out of a pouch on her waist and shots him in the neck.

“Ow!” Billy wonders what it was.

“That is a tracker. It will let me know where you are always. If you try to remove it. It will release a slight poison into your system and slowly
kill you.” She walks over and cuts his bonds.

“Now get before I decide to kill you.”

Billy rubs his wrist and walks out of the container with her following behind him. He sees the car he drove. As he heads towards it, it explodes.

“You don’t get the car. That’s my property. Now go, before I disobey my orders.” Billy starts running away. He finds he was in a junkyard.

Midnight watches as Billy Ellis leaves. She checks her wrist comp for the security feeds and watches as he leaves the area. She had done what Cheshire told her to do. That is one assassin that won’t try anything soon. She was asked by Cheshire to watch after Catherine. Both her and Jack knew Mr. Jones would try something. It was good thing she frequency’s the Rainbow Lounge. Her girlfriend worked as a waitress up there.

up
217 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Really Interesting

Christina H's picture

The way these stories mesh is brilliant and really keeps the reader interested and alert.
I often wonder whey you don't get many comments on what are to me great stories it must
be quite frustrating for you - but at least readers leave Kudos for you.