Iron Girl Part 04

Printer-friendly version
Tony Stark. Industrialist. Inventor. Philanthropist. Multi-billionaire. He is interested where the energy that Metahumans get there powers comes from, little does he know that soon he will have more experience with that power than he ever wanted.

Tony Stark, Wolfsbane and other characters belong to the real owners, the Comic Retcon was Lilith's idea. Thanks for letting us play.


As they got into traffic, they saw the first police cars and ambulances pulling into the country club. There was a general sigh of relief at that, the police could have delayed them too long. On the trip Wolfsbane explained her plan to Doug.

"Doug, we are going to take her into Lab 4. Once we are in there we will hook her up to the feeds to the suit, and shunt the power she's generating onto the grid."

"Is she generating that much power?" Doug yelled back through the open window.

"I think so, she's glowing like a light bulb and getting brighter."

They pulled up to the gate of Stark Industries, and Peter talked to the guard to get them through. When Doug pulled through, he could see the guard obscuring the camera and pointedly not looking back. Peter waved the truck up to pull along side where he asked, "Where to?"

Wolfsbane answered, "We're going to Lab 4, have them open the door, and grab some visitor passes."

Peter pulled up to the main entrance as Doug headed towards the back. Leading Jeri and the Doctor into the building the guard at the desk jumped up, "Mr. Potts, I thought you were at the wedding."

"We were, but there is an emergency and it's a long story. Clearance 'Tinkerbelle.' I need six visitor passes, and you to open the outer door to Lab 4. Also call in anyone on backup for tonight."

"Yes sir. Anything else I should know?" he asked as he begin coding the passes.

Peter thought for a moment, "Yes, I expect the police to show up some time soon. When they do ask them to wait, and call me over the intercom."

The guard paused, "Yes sir." Then he said to the other two, "Wear these over your neck the whole time you are in here." He handed the others to Peter.

They passed through the interior door, and headed to Lab 4. On the way Jeri asked, "Clearance 'Tinkerbelle?'"

He looked at her, "Tony wanted something simple for us to use as an emergency clearance code. No one would associate me with Tinkerbelle to guess it, and its not likely to come up in casual conversations."

Doug pulled around to the back of the facility, and up to the door of Lab 4, just as it began to rise. Once there was enough clearance to pull in, he did. Wolfsbane picked up the encased girl and leapt out of the truck as soon as it stopped. She ran over to near the Mark VI armor and set her down.

As Doug got out she yelled, "Call the reactor room, and tell them to cut the power feed to Lab 4, and let me know when they've done it."

A minute later Doug yelled, "Power's off."

There was a wrenching and ripping sound as Wolfsbane ripped the power line out of the wall. As she pulled the cable over to the girl, June said, "She moved."

Wolfsbane looked over at her, "Good. Now I need you to go over to the breaker box, and when I say so flip the red handle all the way from the left to the right."

She stripped down the wires, and lay one of the wires across the girls left hand. When she saw June in place, she lay the other end across the girls ankle. "OK, June flip the switch."

June pulled the lever, at first it didn't move, then she put her back into it and the lever moved from one side to the other. After it locked into place, she asked, "What did I just do?"

Wolfsbane squatted there holding the wires in contact with the girls arm and leg. "You just connected her to power grid."

"I did what?" June yelled.

Wolfsbane sighed, "She, Tony is generating electricity, a lot of electricity. We need to do something with it, until she wakes up and can control it. So the best way to get rid of it is to put it to use. Doctor, can you come over and look at her, the glow seems to be diminishing."

The doctor came over and looked at her for a moment, "She's breathing, and the glowing is diminishing. Hmmm, I think... Yes. Nurse Alli..., sorry Nurse Sinclair if you would give me a hand." The two of them began a preliminary check of the girl.

Peter walked over and looked at Wolfsbane, "I just realized something, Miss. Exactly who are you and how do you know your way around here?"

Wolfsbane twisted her head around to look at Peter, then at the doctor, "Uh Doug, could you explain this to Mr. Potts."

"Sure, and you better come up with a better solution, because she is putting out about as much power as the reactor," he said as led Peter off to the side to explain the situation.

Jeri walked up and ogled Wolfsbane, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Looking over at her, "Yes, can you bring me one of those stools, and stop looking at me that way!"

Jeri almost pouted as she went to grab one of the stools. Wolfsbane chuckled at the look on her face.

Doug and Peter walked back over. "So do you have a plan yet?" Doug asked.

"Maybe. Doctor what can you tell me?"

The doctor looked up, "Not much. She's unconscious, her pulse is strong, as is her breathing. I don't know much about metahumans, let alone their transformations. You might know more about than me."

Wolfsbane laughed, "I went unconscious too, but I don't know for how long. Although it wasn't days or even hours. She isn't really in any danger though?"

"I don't think so, unless the electricity harms her, but you seem to be draining that off."

"Thank you. Doug, Peter we need some more people here. A couple of electricians, whomever you can get that made the first suit, and unless you can do some recoding Doug, the programmers that wrote the code for the suit."

Doug answered, "I can probably do the programming, what do you want reprogrammed?"

Peter stood thoughtful as Jeri and June helped Wolfsbane to sit on the stool that was brought up, then covered the girl with the blanket she had gotten from the medical kit. He spoke up as Wolfsbane was comfortably seated, "The whole suit team was at the wedding. I have Col. Rhodes' phone number for his cell phone. I can call and pass the message to them. I can call in a couple of the electricians also."

"OK get the electricians first, then get the suit team. We probably won't need them until the morning. Oh and have someone bring in some water. Doug you know how the individual processors on the suit backing control the power to material locally to increase reaction time? I need them to continually feed the power without crushing the wearer. They are also going to have to communicate with each other, so as there is enough power where ever it is needed."

Doug blinked a couple of times, "I, hmmm, I can do it. You want me to go do it now?"

"Yes, how long will it take?"

"Hours, a day at the most." He said, then he headed off to his office.

Peter walked over, "I have the electricians on their way, and I've left messages at home for the suit team. I'm going to head back to the front, I expect the police to be here any minute. What do you plan on doing when they get here?"

"I'll probably change back, let me know before you head back here with them."

Peter looked down at the young girl, "Do you really think that that is Tony?"

"I do. June's mom had no reason to lie, and I didn't see Tony anywhere."

"That might cause some problems. I better call the lawyers."

"Huh, why?" Wolfsbane asked.

Peter turned to her and said, "Look at her, she is definitely under 18. I'm not sure what the government has been doing with metahumans, but if somehow she is declared a minor, there will have to be guardians appointed, and who knows what else. Also can you imagine what AIM, Wayne Enterprises, S.T.A.R. Labs, Boeing, Lockheed, Lexcorp, and all those other companies are going to try?"

Wolfsbane almost pulled the wires off the girl in shock, "I hadn't thought of that. You better get a lawyer down here quick."

Peter hurried out of the lab. Wolfsbane sat staring at the Doctor for several minutes before asking, "Doc, can I trust your discretion?"

He looked up from his patient, "About?"

She sighed, "This isn't my normal form, and I'd rather not deal with the police looking like this. Can I trust you not to tell them who I really am?"

"What, oh. Hmmm. Let me take a look at your arms." With that he stepped over and looked at the healing burns on her arms. "There now you are my patient and I won't be able to divulge anything you show me."

Wolfsbane chuckled, "Thanks. June, Jeri can you come over here and give a hand?"

They walked over and June asked, "What do you need?"

"Help hold me steady while I change, and then get dressed before the police arrive."

They held her still while she shifted form back into Randall. Jeri had a very disappointed look on her face. Then helped him get his pants, shoes and socks, and undershirt on. "That's enough."

The doctor had been staring the whole time, "Does that hurt?"

Randall was surprised by the question, "No, I'm not sure how to describe it, but it isn't painful. How is she doing?"

"Her? Her breathing is normal, and her other vitals are back to normal. If I didn't know better, I'd say she was just sleeping. I would like to get her off the floor though."

They were startled by Peter's voice over the intercom, "Randall?"

"Yes Peter," he answered.

"Col. Rhodes called me, and I don't know how he managed it, but no one there has mentioned a large wolf-girl. Your secret is pretty much out amongst the guests, but as far as the police know you left and brought everyone here. Speaking of the police, I can see them pulling up to the gate now."

"Thanks for the heads up, I'll let Doug know. Oh, and let maintenance know that we need a wooden table, three foot by six and a foam mattress here."

Randall let Doug know, and that he should come back up to the lab to talk to the police.

*****

A few minutes later Peter entered the lab with several police officers, Doug entered right after them.

Peter glanced around and introduced Detective. Swenson and Officers Johnson and Phillips.

Dot. Swenson looked at the overly well dressed group and asked, "So who's in charge here?"

Randall chuckled, and Detective Swenson glared at him, "What's so funny?"

"Your question. 'Who's in charge?' There are many answers. In this lab, I am. Inside Stark Industries, I guess Mr. Potts is. Security wise, probably Mr. Ramsey. Medically, the good Doctor here. So your question has many answers," Randall answered.

"Hmmmmph. OK, whose idea was it to leave the scene and come here?"

Randall answered, "That would of been mine."

"Why did you think that that would be a good idea?" the Detective continued.

Randall nodded at the girl, "Because of her."

The Detective looked down at the girl, "Who is she?"

"We think that she is Tony Stark," Randall replied.

"What?!"

Randall started to say something, then stopped. He looked at the Detective, "You're here to question us about what happened and what we saw?" At the Detective's nod, Randall went on, "Then I think that you should get that done, before we talk about her."

Detective Swenson paused for a moment then nodded, "Is there someplace that I can do that privately?"

"There's a conference room across the hall, will that do?" Peter asked.

"That will do fine, any volunteers for first?"

Peter glanced around, then nodded and left with the detective.

A short while later, Peter returned and sent the next. While this was going on the electricians arrived, but the officers wouldn't let them in. At Randall's insistence, they got permission from the Detective to let them in and get instructions on what Randall needed made. They nodded asked a few questions and then left.

The questioning continued until just Randall and the Doctor were left, at that point the Doctor said he couldn't leave his patient and Randall said that he couldn't remove the cables or leave either.

The Detective returned and after some discussion he and the Doctor moved off to one side, while June monitored the girl. When he had finished he came over and questioned Randall.

With the questioning over, Detective Swenson looked down at the girl and said that after she regained consciousness, he wanted to talk to her. He also let everyone know that if there were more questions he would be in touch.

As soon as the officers left, the electricians rushed in carrying what appeared to some clamps and a bundle of cloth. Everyone stared at them as they approached the girl and Randall. Randall smiled and laughed, "Another Stark failure to the rescue."

The electricians gave him a dirty look, and the others got even more puzzled looks as the watched the men very carefully wrap one end of the cloth around the bare cables and clamp it in place, and then slide loops of the end over the girl's arm and leg.

Randall carefully lifted the exposed wires off the girl and set them on the mat, the electricians began covering them in insulation. Randall stood up and stretched, and a distinctive popping was heard from his joints.

As Randall stretched, the girl moaned. Everyone rushed to be close, until the Doctor shooed them away.

“Where am I?” she asked, just before screaming.

*****


up
134 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

First Things First

terrynaut's picture

Very nice. It seems like Randall has everything under control. He's very rational about everything, though he didn't think of everything.

The story is moving a bit slowly so far. The short parts don't help so I might wait until two more chapters are posted before I read any more. Sorry but I like longer chapters. It is a good story though. I'll keep reading.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

I dont mind the pacing.

As someone who made the mistake and posted a 30,000 word piece in one go, I think its a good decision to keep it short and sweet, as long as you dont wait too long between chapters to post. Randall did a pretty good job under the circumstances, but now things get interesting - as Tony (will it be Toni?) realizes what happened to her.

"I'm not like other people - Pain hurts me!" - Daffy Duck.

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Iron Girl Part 04

Love the new version.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

toni ?

so far I really like this, the story so far has been very good and I have always loved the character. keep up the good work.