Bobbi's Run ch. 8

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Things begin to happen, with Tara getting into the action. Things also begin to happen around Bobby and she gets caught up into them. What happens and who does what?

Story:

Bobbi’s Run ch. 8

by

Paula Dillon

Bobby put her hand on the wall and tried to sense Sandra’s presence. She was glad she was ok and it excited her that she was so near, but she was very afraid about how she would react if she knew what Bobby looked like right now. Bobby did feel safer though knowing that they were surrounded by police and she fell asleep much easier knowing they were there.

Bobby woke up very rested. She felt better than she had felt since this whole thing had gone down. She took her time to look sharp, spending extra time on her hair, makeup and clothes. She dressed in one of her mother’s suits; Darla’s suit wouldn’t fit over her breasts. The suit was a charcoal gray pin striped double-breasted suit, under which she wore the frilliest blouse she had, suntan pantyhose and her Mom’s four inch black stiletto pumps. She wished she had a different purse but the one she had would suffice.

She then headed over to the diner. The officers were still outside the rooms and there was a patrol car there. At the diner there were two cops in uniform and one cop in plain clothes inside the diner. Caitlin smiled as Bobby came in and sat at the counter.

“Hi Caitlin,” Bobby said.

“Hi Leslie. What can I do for you today dear?” Caitlin said in reply.

“Let’s see, I will have coffee, milk, OJ, two scrambled, hash browns, and toast,” Bobby said.

Caitlin took off with Bobby’s order and brought her, her coffee and juice, before passing through the diner filling coffee cups.

As Bobby sat there, the families that were under protection were brought in for breakfast. Bobby wondered about why they were being exposed like that, rather than having their food brought to them. She tried to do her invisible routine not realizing how much harder it was as an attractive lady.

Sandra walked in with her Mom, the cops certainly were acting more relaxed but they still were being watched over. She looked at the girl at the counter being served by the waitress. Wow was she pretty she thought. Sandra stopped and looked at the girl, something was so familiar, but she was sure she didn’t know who she was. She had, had an itch about that girl she just couldn’t scratch. The girl looked very nice; she had dressed well and had done a good job on her makeup. Sandra felt a like kick and her mom. She was surprised to find a waitress standing there waiting to take her order.

Sandra was glad she wasn’t cooped up in that darn room. Why the city couldn’t get them a fine hotel she didn’t know. Their motel wasn’t really bad but it wasn’t the Ritz.

Bobby sat at the counter and ate her meal all the while eavesdropping on the other conversations that were going on all around her. The food was pretty good and she really felt like eating today.

**************************

Tara called Sam Logan on the phone from where she was sitting on surveillance and they chatted. She had called to make sure that Sam was indeed home before hitting it with a raid. They talked about the current case. Tara made certain she didn’t contradict what she knew Sam already knew, but left out important details she didn’t want to give up. When she hung up she signaled the waiting swat team.

The State Police raided Sam Logan’s home. He was arrested along with two others present. One of them had been shot, it was a serious but not a grievous wound they had received. Also computer files had been confiscated that implicated several current police officers, who had yet to be identified. More warrants were obtained and arrests executed. The officers, the evidence indicated, had been involved in stealing drugs from dealers and selling it themselves to other dealers. It was estimated they had done twenty million dollars in deals in the last two years that the operation has been active.

The rip off that had led to the shootings had been a trap set by the dealers. It was the superior shooting skills of Detective Logan that had saved the lives of him and his accomplices.

In all, there were about a dozen arrests as a result of this operation led by Det. Collins. Tara had gotten very little sleep in the last two days. She and Bob wanted to go over as much of the confiscated information as possible and run down as many dirty cops as they could.

Tara called Brian and told him that the people they had in protection could be released after breakfast and that they could relax right now as it seemed they had the bad guys on the run.

**************************

Brian entered the diner and got everybody’s attention and told them that after they ate they could go home. Everybody affected stood and applauded. Sandra jumped up and down like a cheerleader.

Bobby had just laid down a ten-dollar bill, when heard that she got so excited she jumped up and down herself shouting in her best Bobby the boy voice. That action attracted the attention of Sandra.

She looked at the girl and started making connections in her mind rapidly, “Bobby, is that you?!?” Sandra shouted. “Bobby McDonald!”

Bobby froze when she heard her real name. She had a deer caught in the headlights type look on her face as she turned to face Sandra. She froze for just a second and then turned to run out of the diner.

Brian heard that name and knew they were looking for a Bobby Ray McDonald, a boy who was known to Sandra and Becky. When that lady made her move to leave he blocked her exit at the door.

“Are you Bobby Ray McDonald?” Det. Brian Williams asked sneering at the thing before him.

Bobby had a horror filled look on her face. Not only had she been found, she had been found in girl mode and identified as a boy. She sunk to her knees crying.

Sandra ran to Bobby and hugged the kneeling girl fiercely. “Bobby it’s ok. Bobby, I still love you,” she said not knowing where those words had come from. She knew that Bobby was hurting and she wanted those hurts to go away.

Tracey stood dumbfounded watching her daughter. Becky let out a gasp of recognition to what was going on, but she couldn’t resolve the old Bobby with this Bobby.

Brian got on his cell phone and called Tara. “Hey girl, guess what?”

“What Brian?”

“We found Bobby McDonald, that boy is all duded out like a drag queen queer.”

“Do what?” Tara said sharply, not believing what she heard angered and surprised by Brian’s audacity.

“Bobby McDonald the boy we are looking for is as queer as a three dollar bill and we have him.”

“Brian! That is enough of that homosexual shit your spouting,” Tara said in an angry and agitated voice. “I don’t want to hear that from you again buster and I am filling a report on this Brian. Get him over to the station. I am at the State Police Barracks right now. I will be there in about fifteen minutes,” she said hanging up her phone.”

**************************

If there was one thing Brian hated more than anything else, it was faeries and faggots. They didn’t deserve to live. Well Tara will lose some of her smugness today, that’s for sure he thought.

“Let’s go Bobby McDonald; I have to get you to the station. Det. Collins wants to interview you.”

Sandra and Bobby were clinging to each other. Sandra was trying to comfort Bobby who was crying his heart out.

Yeah go ahead and cry Bobby, you won’t be doing that much longer Brian thought. He was getting impatient and started trying to pry them apart so he could get out of there. He couldn’t make it too obvious there were other cops around here.

“Let go of him girl. Let go, you’ll get your friend back in a little while. Please let go!” Brian said. The last a little louder than he should have been. Some of his disdain for this pervert seeped through.

Sandra was shocked at the coarseness of the detective, let go and ran to her mother. Brian roughly grabbed the faggots arm and almost jerked him upright.

**************************

Tara was flushed red. She had thought better of Det. Williams. He may not get fired for it but she definitely wouldn’t work with him again.

“Bob, I am going to the station Det. Williams just found our key witness Bobby McDonald. He shot the tape that got the ball rolling.”

Bob was still reading reports. “Hold up! Did you say Brian Williams has Bobby?”

“Yes I did, He is going to bring him to the station.”

“Stop that son of a bitch. I just found his name here.”

Tara blanched she speed dialed a Sgt. She hoped was still at the diner.

“Jim this is an emergency, are you still at the diner where we have the protection unit.”

“I am next door at the motel, we are packing up.”

“You have got to stop Det. Williams he’s dirty and he has our key witness”

Tara never heard a reply; all she heard was the sound of a phone hitting the floor. She ran out to her car not realizing that Bob Mason was hot on her heels. They were both in her car and headed towards the motel in fifteen seconds. Tara turned up the sound on her cars police radio. There was some frantic traffic that was associated with incident at the diner.

**************************

Brian got Bobby headed to the door. He had just opened the door and stepped out when a half dozen officers with their weapons drawn came from around the front of the motel. Brian drew his weapon and put the barrel to the head of the faggot. The officers fanned out and pointed their weapons at Brian.

“Drop your gun Brian, you won’t get away from here,” said one of the cops. “We know you are dirty.”

“You drop your guns or this cocksucking faggot gets one in the head.”

“You know that isn’t going to happen Brian. You have been around enough to know what the score is.”

“Well then, this faggot is going to die.”

“You shoot and you’re dead in your tracks.”

“Then we will both die.”

Brian started squeezing the trigger. Before the action broke, Brian received a sharp pain in his foot as Bobby buried the heel of one of her stilettos into the arch of his foot. The gun barrel rose, Bobby went down and a hail of bullets hit Brian in the head. Brian collapsed on top of Bobby, the added weight forced her down and the shin of her left leg broke in three places.

**************************

Tara wailed out loud when she heard a ‘shots fired’ call and a call for an ambulance over the radio. “Oh my God Brian’s Killed Bobby!”

“Take it easy Tara you don’t know that yet. Don’t get us killed by your driving.” Bob Mason shouted.

Tara knew better than to get on the radio while the other cops needed clear lines to communicate amongst themselves, but she almost held her breath waiting to hear from the officer in charge of the scene.

After what had seemed like hours her cell phone rang. Tara fumbled with the phone and Bob took it from her.

“ADA Bob Mason,” he shouted in the phone when he got it flipped open. “Ok Brian is dead is that right, what about Bobby? She is on her way to the hospital. Which one? Okay. Stay with her Jim or I will have your ass,” Bob said. “Tara, Bobby is being taken to Memorial Hospital.”

“What is his condition?”

“I don’t know.”

“Speed dial 12 that is Tim Watson. He is at the McDonald, I mean McCrea residence. He needs to get the kids Mom to the Hospital.”

**************************

Tim Watson was tired, but everybody was on over time till what ever was happening got over or to a safe point. He had lost two officers in his protective detail without explanation. That was not good. There could only be one explanation for that and good cops hated that more than anything else.

As he pondered what was going on his cell phone rang. He chuckled as he heard the rendition of cop’s favorite song ‘Bad Boys’. Whatcha going to do, whatcha going to do, when they come for you, Bad Boys, Bad Boys.

Tim answered the phone casually at first, and then a serious look came over his face and he frantically wrote down some notes on his pad. He hung up and ran to the door, pushed it open and shouted, “Ms. McCrea, Ms. McCrea!!”

Liz cooking in the kitchen in her nightie ran out of the kitchen shouting, “What?”

“Get your clothes on. They found Bobby; he is on his way to the hospital.”

Liz nearly had a heart attack when she heard that and ran to her room throwing off her nightie and grabbing a blouse and pants. Her girls ran to her room as she dressed. “Darla you stay here with Amy, I am going to the hospital. Bobby is hurt,” and she was headed out the door. Liz had never gotten dressed so fast.

Tim shouted for Officer Melissa Sanders to stay with the kids as he and Liz jumped into his squad car. He flipped on his lights and siren and peeled out.

**************************

Tara left two black marks as she brought her car to a stop at the Memorial Hospital. There was a cordon of officers around the ER entrance. She flashed her badge as she and Bob ran up. Inside Sgt. Jim Albright stood outside an ER trauma room.

“How is he Jim!?!” Tara shouted as she drew near.

“She is ok, she may have a broke leg, I think, but nothing else that I know of.”

“She? He? We are talking about Bobby right?”

“Yes Ma’am, although her ID, obviously fake, said; Leslie, Female, nineteen.”

“Well legally she is Bobby, male, fourteen.”

“Yep, that is her. She is one tough gutsy broad if you ask me,” he said as a compliment.

Jim started to explain what happened after Tara had called him. He had run outside of the motel office where there were six officers there. When he drew his weapon running, they followed drawing weapons. Det. Brian Williams was exiting the diner when Jim and the other officers came around. He pointed his weapon at Brian and Brian pointed his at Bobby’s head. They had a standoff for several minutes. When it appeared that Brian was going to shoot Bobby, Bobby stomped on Brian’s foot with a stiletto heel. That heel broke off her shoe and is still embedded in his foot. Bobby fell; four shots were fired by us. Cops tend to shoot cops in the head where they have to, no body armor. Brian’s head had literally exploded from the impact of the rounds. He fell on top of Bobby whose shin met with the steps to the diner, where we think she sustained her injury.

Tim and Liz appeared while Jim was giving his description of the incident. Jim assured the Mom that it shouldn’t be serious.

A Doctor came out of the trauma room ahead of Bobby being wheeled out on a gurney. Tara stopped him and inquired about her injuries. The Doctor confirmed that she had a multiple fracture of the Left Fibula, and that she was on her way to surgery to have her leg set and a long metal rod inserted.

Liz signed a surgical consent form and Bobby was on her way.

The group followed Bobby as far as they could.

Liz, Tara, Bob and Jim went to the surgical waiting room. As they sat they rehashed what had happened. Bob took copious notes and looked forward to prosecuting this case. Liz listened to what happened outside the diner.

Tara reported the things that Brian had said to her over the phone. She was ashamed of herself for telling Brian to bring Bobby in. She should have requested that one of the other officers bring her in.

Bob told her that there was no way for her to know what Brian would do.

Liz sat and listened confused by the gender switching of pronouns from all present, they knew who Bobby was, but they all seemed more comfortable refer to Bobby as a HER. Liz knew she was having the same issue. With what she has learned so far, will she still have a son after today?

**************************

Liz looked at her watch it had been a little over an hour since Bobby had gone into surgery. She was fidgeting in her chair when she heard.

“Momma!”

Liz looked up and saw Amy and Darla running towards her with Sandra and Tracey on their heels.

“Kids, I am so sorry, I got so wrapped up in things I forgot all about you two.” Liz said hugging her kids.

“How is Bobby, Mom?” Darla asked.

“She is hurt; she has a broken leg but doing well other than that.”

“Sandra was so distraught when Bobby was taken away in the ambulance. She wanted to come right here when we were released from Protection. I didn’t know if you knew what had happened so I drove over to your place to tell you. Sandra fell in thick with your girls and they all convinced me and the lady cop that was with them to come here.”

“I am so glad that you did. I had forgotten that they didn’t know how Bobby was.”

“Sandra convinced them she wasn’t to bad off, but they still wanted to come here.”

“Where is she?” Tracey asked.

“She is in surgery right now. She had a multiple fracture of the fibula I think they said. She is in surgery to set it and to get a rod of some sort to support it.”

The girls and their Moms’ sat as a group talking excitedly together. Sandra tried to tell them how gorgeous Bobby had been. Liz said she and the girls had never seen Bobby in person as a girl.

Tracey began to explain to the group, what had gone on in the diner before the shooting there. Sandra added what she knew. Bob and Tara took notes as the girls told of their experience. You could hear their disgust as they talked about Det. Williams. Their conversation answered the same questions they would have asked in an interrogation.

As the girls finished up their story, a lady in surgical scrubs came out and asked, “Is there an Elisabeth McCrea here?”

“Yes I am her.”

“Well Bobby is in Recovery right now, the surgery went well, we were able to pin the Fibula back together and attach a rod for support. He will have a walking cast on, not much of one just something to protect his leg really.”

“That’s great, when can we see her?” Liz inquired.

“Well he will be out of recovery in about an hour, and into his room in about two hours. He will be a little groggy but you can see him then. We would like to keep him here for a couple of days.”

“Fine doctor, I just want my Baby back.”

With that pronouncement Tara and Bob made their goodbyes and left along with Sgt. Albright. Officer Melissa Sanders stayed with them. Liz and company were escorted out by one of the nurses. Liz had some more paperwork to fill out for the Hospital. By the time she had finished Bobby was being wheeled into a room. Only Liz was allowed in at this time and only for a few minutes. Liz also received Bobby’s things except for her clothes which had been cut and placed in BIO-HAZARD bags. Bobby had been totally covered with Brian’s blood, bone fragments and grey matter from his head wound.

Liz entered quietly and looked at her son. He had an IV in one arm that was restrained and was wearing a bland hospital gown. Liz could see that under the covers one leg was larger than the other. All traces of femininity that had earlier adorned him had been erased, except for his arched eyebrows and his long painted fingernails, several of them had been cracked. His eyes were open but appeared to see nothing.

“Hi Bobby,” Liz said.

Bobby turned his head toward the sound. “Mom,” he croaked.

Liz walked over to his bed and took his free hand and admired his manicure. “Don’t try to talk too much. They told me you had a tube down your throat. Are you feeling ok?”

“Groggy,” he mouthed, “Don’t really feel anything.”

She stroked his brow tenderly looking at the arch of his brows, “I know dear. Well you had quite an adventure there didn’t you? I am of the feeling that your hiding actually made you safer, considering who you were hiding from.”

Bobby had a confused look on his face and mouthed, “Who?”

“The guy that did the killing was a cop, along with the person that tried to kill you.”

Bobby’s face was filled with worry and fear.

“Don’t worry Bobby, you are safe now. I am told that you made a very pretty girl there. Did you like playing a girl?”

A tear formed in the corner of Bobby’s eye and she nodded her head. “Is not play.”

“My daughters tell me that they knew that you liked looking like a girl.”

Bobby’s eyebrows creased and tears started flowing.

“You can’t go back to pretending to be my son, can you?”

“I can if you want me to.”

“But that wouldn’t make you happy, would it? You would rather be my little girl, isn’t that right?”

Bobby croaked, “Yes, I liked being a girl.” His eyes looked very heavy and he yawned a couple of times.

“Well don’t worry about it now Bobby. You need to get your rest.”

Bobby’s eyes shut and her grip on her mother’s hand loosened. Liz watched the gentle rise and fall of her chest and gave her a gentle kiss on her cheek. Liz’s eyes were misted up with tears, but her heart felt freer than it had been in days. She got up and let her sleeping son rest.

Liz walked over to the nurses’ station and asked. “Hello, I was just wondering if you have a staff psychologist or psychiatrist on duty?”

The nurse knowing a little of the ordeal the family had gone through answered, “Yes ma’am we do.”

“If they are not too busy could you find out if I can see them?”

“Sure let me check?”

Liz went over to where her kids were with Sandra and Tracey.

“Tracey, I hate asking but can my daughters stay with you till tomorrow?”

“I would love to have them; they are welcome in my home.”

“Well, Bobby is ok but she is going to be resting most of the day. They have her on a lot of drugs so there is no reason for the girls to be sitting around here worrying all day. Girls, you can see her tomorrow. I am sure she will be more lucid then.”

The girls complained but they understood. They each gave Liz a big hug and a kiss, even Sandra and Tracey.

Liz went back to Bobby’s room and just stood inside watching, like any other mother with a hurt child. About an hour later a lady wearing a white smocked coat entered the room.

“Hi I’m Dr. Nancy Sullivan, but just call me Nancy. I am told you wanted to talk to me.”

“Yes, I would like to talk to you about my Bobby.”

“Well, I wasn’t going to talk to him till tomorrow, according to his chart he should be pretty out of it.”

“Yes I know but, I just feel I need to tell you a few things first, can we go some where and talk?”

“Sure, let’s go get a cup of coffee in the cafeteria. I won’t guarantee it’s not lethal but it’s hot and it’s strong.”

As they walked Liz poured out her heart for her child and described what she had learned about her. Nancy listened with interest, it had been noted how Bobby had been dressed when he was brought in, in the medical records and things just sort of fitted with what Liz said. Liz described how her daughters found videos of Bobby. She looked so happy when she was dressed as a girl and how she had so much fun when she was having, dancing as a girl. She described her going into hiding as a girl and that according to people who had seen her, said, she looked quite nice. The kicker was that for the most part she had done it all herself. Then Liz described the last conversation she had with Bobby before he went to sleep just now.

“It sounds as if you have a very special child Liz. I will take all this in advisement and will look forward to hearing it from Bobby. She has got to want it Liz, but from what you are saying you may have a new daughter.”

“If Bobby wants to be a girl, I will do anything I can to make her happy, and I am certain her sisters will too.”

“People who face this type of dilemma do better if they have a lot of family support. It won’t be a bed of roses for Bobby by any means if she wants to become a girl, but it can be well worth the effort. From what you have said Bobby seems to have a good survival instinct, many people in similar situations become self destructive, trying to reach their goal.”

“I have heard that Nancy, I don’t want Bobby to despair about this problem. I would rather have another daughter, even with lots of problems, than a dead son.”

“We shall see Liz; I don’t think you have that serious a problem right now. It is good that the Cat is out of the bag so to speak.”

**************************

Trina went to her speech class. She was scheduled to be the fifth giving her presentation that day. She sat and listened to the speakers and watched the slide show they presented. They were very good, the speakers were good on their oral presentation and their slide shows were a little on the plain side but effective.

When it came to her turn she loaded her program and faced the class. Although she had some butterflies in her stomach, she really enjoyed talking and was good at it. She began her presentation and flipped through her slides as she talked. Everything flowed well, she couldn’t really see the class’s reaction to her show in the semi-darkened room, but she felt good about it. She spoke a little longer and had more slides than some of the others, but her presentation was well received. She even received some applause when she finished.

Her Teacher then gave all the speakers their grades all A’s and one B for the group. The teacher though made special comments about Trina’s presentation. Her teacher especially liked her slide show.

Trina got hugs and congratulations from many of the students in her class. Inside she was so excited. It was hard for her to keep her feet on the ground. She didn’t have a class for two more hours so she decided to see if Bobby was at her motel room.

Trina pulled into the Motel and saw a bigger police presence than the day before. In fact with the crime scene tape up she became very scared. She asked one person standing nearby what happened.

“Oh the police had a hostage situation at the diner. One bad guy was killed and a lady was injured.”

Trina nearly came unglued, “Who was injured?” she nearly shouted.

“Some girl, who was staying at the motel.”

“What did she look like?”

“She was just over Five foot and had long red hair, I am told.”

Trina ran to Bobby’s room, the door was open and there were police there going through her things.

“Where is the girl who was in this room?” Trina demanded of the police there.

One officer came over and asked, “Who are you and why do you want to know?”

“I am Trina Scott and Leslie was a friend of mine!”

“Leslie, yes that was the name she went by. I am still afraid I can’t say anymore.”

Trina was furious and left. She knew there were two hospitals in the neighborhood so she hit the nearest first. Judging from the police activity there she figured she had the right one. She entered the place like she owned it and kept her ears open. There was a lot of talk about a crossdresser there. The talk made Trina want to scratch some people’s eyes out, but as she listened she picked up a name. Bobby McDonald.

Trina made her way to the information desk and asked the candy stripper there what room was Bobby McDonald in. The girl asked if she were family.

“Yes he is my brother. Mom called me and I had a long way to drive to get here.”

The candy striper checked her monitor and gave her keyboard a few clicks. “He is in room 314.”

Trina found the guest elevator and went up to the third floor. She followed the signs that led her to the right area and found her room. She opened the door and peeked in and saw the person she knew as Leslie. She walked over to Leslie and called out her name softly.

“Hey Leslie, are you awake.”

Bobby cracked her eyes a smidgen and smiled a little seeing Trina. “Hey Trina,” she croaked.

“Don’t talk dear. Your throat sounds rough. I just went by your room and saw the police there and nearly freaked out, girl don’t scare me like that.”

“You were scared,” Bobby mouthed slowly, “I was petrified.” Bobby said with a small smile on her face.

“Are you hurt Leslie?” Trina realized it was a dumb question even as the words spilled out of her mouth.

“A little; broke leg.”

“Hey girl, just wanted to tell you I got a great big A on our work. My presentation was the best of the day.”

Bobby gave her the biggest smile she could. “Great, I loved working with you.”

Trina reached over and gave Bobby a hug. Bobby drew her into the hug with her unrestrained arm and cried softly on Trina’s shoulder. A short while later she began to softly snore.

Trina managed to get loose without waking her friend.

Liz had entered her son’s room and had seen the strange girl hugging her son and saw her son holding her tight and crying on her shoulder. She kept quiet till the girl stood smiling. She didn’t notice Liz till she turned away from Bobby. Liz held her finger to her lips for Trina to be quiet and waved her over.

Trina smiled and went over to the lady who she figured was Bobby’s Mom and followed her outside.

“Hi I am Liz McCrea, I am Bobby’s Mom.”

“I am Trina Scott; I am a friend of hers.”

“Where from?” Liz asked. The girl looked way too old to go to Bobby’s school, and too young to be a teacher.

“I met her at college she came to visit. Leslie said she was thinking about starting there next term.”

“Leslie, Leslie Edmunds?” Liz asked. “Not very likely she is only fourteen, and her name is Bobby McDonald, Bobby Ray McDonald, at least for right now.”

Trina’s eyebrows arched sharply when she heard that. “Fourteen my God I knew she was younger than what she told me. I would never have taken her for fourteen. I met her at the library and she used my internet connection to read and send emails.”

“You do know she isn’t a girl, right?”

“She is too a girl Liz, she just isn’t in the right body.”

“You mean you know about her.”

“Of course I do. You should have seen her yesterday. I was busy working on a class project, a power point slide show for my speech class. I would have been able to do it without her help but not as well as she did. She just sat down and started working on it. Her fingers were flying over the keys. I turned did the presentation in today and got an A, my professor was just crazy about it.”

Liz would have believed that Bobby could fly after all she had learned over the last few days.

“So you two were together yesterday.”

“Yes we were. I really like her Liz. What was all of this about how did she get hurt.”

“Well did you hear about that quad murder over by the Mall?” Liz began. She then filled Trina in about all that had happened.

“Oh really, wow that is just almost too much to take in.”

“Tell me about it, the last time I saw Bobby before today, I had a son. Now it looks like I may have another daughter.”

“I don’t think you ever had a son Liz. We talked at diner last night. She told me, that she knew that she should have been a girl at a very young age.”

“Well how did you find out she wasn’t a girl? I was told she was very good at pulling it off.”

“She was very good at it Liz. I found out while we were working on her laptop. I don’t have a computer of my own. We got hungry, and went to the Student Union café and worked on my project there while we ate. When she got up to use the restroom I stayed with her stuff and opened her browser. Leslie had bookmarks to some transgendered sites. After we finished the presentation she came to my room at the dorm and I asked her about it. You see I had taken a course in human sexuality last semester and one section was on the transgendered. You really ought to read our text we used in that course Liz. Anyway at diner we had quite a conversation about it and then I took her back to her motel room.”

“Wait, so you know where she was staying Trina, I need to get her things.”

“Yes I just came from her room; the police were there at the time.” Trina said as she told Liz which motel Bobby had been staying at and her room number.

“Well it has been nice meeting you Trina but I want to get back to Bobby’s side. I hope to see you again soon.”

“Oh you will see me again Liz, I can’t just let my best girl friend just hang. I like her too much.”

The two hugged and Liz went to sit by her baby’s side. Bobby softly snored as her chest rose and fell. What were they to do, she thought.

(to be continued)

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

up
180 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Whether Leslie ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... or Bobby, you have created one gutsy and smart hero(ine), Paula! Thank you. I don't think Leslie will have any problems transitioning; she will just be herself, But she may very well have problems returning to age 14.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

WOW - A Great Read

Paula,
Thank you for a wonderful creation. Please , please keep it coming

Holiday speeches flowing with a wet finger.
HUGS,
Sir Earle

Holiday speeches flowing with a wet finger.
HUGS,
Sir Earle

Bobbi's Run 8

Hi,

What an action packed episode. Now that Bobby has been found will he get to stay as he wants? We've heard a bit from Sandra but not Becky on what the two girls think of the situation. Perhaps more will be in chapter 9.

Hugs

Karen

Bobbi's run

Paula very good job.

Hmm did they get all the bad cops? Would one be in the room of Leslie looking to get rid of the evidence. Is mom going to realize this? Why would the police know were to look? They shouldn't have known that Leslie had a room at the hotel. They never talked with Leslie about it. Besides there was no reason for them. The shooting was at the diner. Although her purse would of had her key in it I guess.

Very well done paula, looking for your next installment. Could get dangerous still for Bobby.

Bobbi's Run

Hi Paula
I agree with Joni how would they of known that she had a room there and did they get all the bad cops? I eagerly await more of this wonderfull story.

Sincerely,
John (dooey52)

Bobbi's Run

Dear Paula:
When this story began I thought Bobbi's story would revolve around one incident. I can see now that her's is a much longer run with many developmental possibilities as she interacts with the other characters.I believe that this is more than just a short crime story and will develop with further instalments. I dont like to rush good work or talent but I anxoiusly await the rest of the story. Thanks for a very pleasurable read, Another Brian.