Bobbi's Run ch. 2

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

After being at the scene of a grisly shootout. Bobby gets Sandra and Becky home safely. The question now is who do they tell what, and what will they tell their families.

Story:

Bobbi’s Run ch. 2

by

Paula Dillon

Bobby, Sandra and Becky rode the bus in silence. Nobody really felt like talking. Traffic was snarled and moved slowly as the bus drove by the bus stop at the mall. People were rubbernecking trying to see what was going on as they drove by. There were already police on the scene directing traffic. Bobby could see two bodies on the ground near the road as they drove by, their blood pooling around them. The girls turned their heads away from the grisly scene and buried them into Bobby’s shoulders. Bobby found that he couldn’t take his eyes off the scene until he was too far away to see it. Bobby could almost swear he felt ice run up his back and he actually shivered.

They rode on for several miles until they got to a residential neighborhood. The girls got up and pulled Bobby with them. Bobby found out that they were only about a block and a half from Sandra’s house. The three walked arm in arm together until they turned into a really nice home. Sandra pulled a key out of her purse and let them inside. She called out but nobody answered, so they went into the living room.

Together they sat on a couch with Bobby between them. In the safety of the house the girls let loose and cried on his shoulders. The crying made Bobby nervous. He wished he knew what to do to make them feel better. Bobby was exhausted and his once stern body turned to jelly as the adrenaline that kept him going till he got the girls here, drained from him.

It was in this position that Sandra’s mom, Tracy Jennings, found the three about thirty minutes later. She entered the room hearing some soft sobbing and saw her daughter and Becky crying on the shoulder of a boy she didn’t know.

“Alright girls, what’s wrong?” Tracy asked. She was more disturbed as she saw the grass stains on both girls’ clothes and a big gash in Becky’s skirt. Both of the girls makeup was a mess and they both had raccoon eyes.

“Nothing mom, really it’s nothing,” Sandra said, but her face betrayed the lie she spoke.

“Yeah right, and your going to tell me pigs fly too I suppose.”

“Mom it’s just…” Sandra said trying to carefully choose her words.

“Mrs. Jennings, let me explain,” a visibly shaking Bobby said.

“Okay young man; first tell me who you are?”

“Sorry Ma’am, I am Bobby McDonald. I go to Jefferson High and Sandra is in my homeroom and English class.”

“Okay Bobby. I am Tracey Jennings, Sandra’s mom. Now why are the girls crying and why are they in such a mess.”

“I am afraid that this is my fault ma’am. You see I ran into the girls at the mall. They saw me and hollered at me. They asked me if I would like to go get some pizza with them. We left the mall together and waited at the bus stop. We sat on the bench and talked while we waited for the bus to come. I have to admit that I really enjoyed talking to them. As we were talking to each other something bad happened across the street. I heard a gunshot and pushed the girls off the bench onto the ground. I guess it is my fault their clothes are ruined like that. When it was safe I helped the girls up and then made sure we got out of the area. We then caught the bus and came straight here,” Bobby said, his head hanging down afraid to look Tracey in the face.

What Bobby had said, startled Tracey and her face showed her fear, “Do what! You said there was gunfire?”

“Yes mom there was. Bobby pushed us down, and then he covered us with his own body until everything was over.”

“Are you girls alright? Were you hurt?” Tracey said as she pulled her daughter up and checked her before doing the same to Becky.

“Stop mom! We are okay. Really. Bobby saved us.”

“Mrs. Jennings I am okay too, thanks to Bobby.” Becky added.

“Are you okay Bobby? I guess I need to thank you,” an embarrassed, but relieved Tracey said throwing her arms around him, hugging him tightly and kissing his cheek.

“Yes ma’am, I am ok too.” Bobby squeaked while trying to catch a breath because of her iron grip around his chest.

Bobby finally worked himself free of Tracey’s grasp and everyone sat down again. One at a time they retold their story from their point of view. Tracey would stop them and asked each questions as they told their stories. None of the three reported that they had seen anything because of what Bobby had done. As they talked Becky looked at Bobby’s bag and noticed under the top cover there was a hole with a corresponding hole on the other side.

“Bobby, look at your bag.” Becky said.

Bobby picked it up and looked at it. One hole had frayed fabric sticking out and the other was clean. He opened the camera case up and found frayed fabric on the inside too. His camcorder seemed intact except for a long scratch down one side. He opened the view screen and turned it on but the batteries were run down.

“Everything seems okay, but I think a bullet went through my camera case and nicked my camcorder.”

Tracey looked at the case. “I guess you three are telling the truth. Thank you Bobby. I need to take you and Becky home soon.”

“Mom, let Becky change into some of my clothes, her parents would freak if they saw her like this. I don’t think we should tell anybody else about what happened. There were two bodies there. Mom I am really scared.”

“Sandra, I think you might be right. I would hate not telling the other parents, but the fewer people that know about this the safer it will be for you kids.” Sandra hated it when her daughter was hurt and afraid and she didn’t have the answer to make her feel better.

Sandra, Becky and Tracey went upstairs and left Bobby in the living room. It was a nerve racking time while he was alone. When the girls had been here he worried about them. Now that he was alone for a short while he started getting a little jittery. Their presence had actually kept him stronger.

It took them about twenty minutes to get changed and cleaned up. Both girls still looked shaken, but they looked a lot better than before. They both had clean clothes on and their faces were made up again. Tracey herded them into her car and took the kids home.

The two girls flanked Bobby in the back seat. They held his hands for comfort. When they got to Becky’s home, Becky turned Bobby’s face toward her and gave him a big kiss on his mouth before she got out of the car. That was Bobby’s first kiss by any girl not related to him. It felt warm, strange, and thrilling but good.

It was a couple of miles from Becky’s home to Bobby’s.

“So this is where you live Bobby. You didn’t go to the same junior high as Becky or I did you?” Sandra said.

“I guess I didn’t. Sorry about the mess but I am glad we met,” Bobby said as he hugged Sandra.

“I am very glad we met too Bobby and I am glad you were there to help us.”

Sandra had seen how Becky kissed Bobby and she wasn’t about to let Becky outdo her. She liked Bobby and had seen him following them at the mall. So she planted a big juicy kiss on Bobby and even slipped a little tongue action into it. Bobby was nearly half out of his mind as they kissed. He felt oh so good as they kissed. He couldn’t understand what these girls saw in him. Sandra broke the kiss as she heard her mother giggling.

“Bye Bobby, take care ok,” Sandra said.

“Yes, thank you Bobby for helping the girls. You’re a real Knight in shinning armor.” Tracey said. His sincerity showed itself in her eyes.

“Yes ma’am, thank you for giving me a ride home.”
Bobby watched them drove off and waved to them. Mrs. Perkins their next door neighbor had stuck her head out to see what was going on. She smiled as she saw Bobby.

Half dazed, Bobby headed into his home. His sisters were already there and were in the kitchen cooking. Since their Mom worked such long hours, she depended on Bobby and his sisters to help out around the house. Darla did much of the cooking; she was a very good cook, keeping the kitchen clean and the laundry. Amy and Bobby did the rest of the house work.

Amy stuck her head around the corner when she heard the door open and saw her brother stumble in. She liked him but thought he was just a little goofy. He looked even goofier now, if that was possible.

“Hey bro, what’s up? Are you ok?” Amy said with a look of concern on her face.

“Yeah I am ok. I think,” he mumbled.

“Oh really Bobby,” she said as she approached him. “Oh my gosh Bobby kissed a girl. Darla come here and look at Bobby.”

“What are you talking about Amy?” Bobby asked.

“What is going on?” Darla asked as she came around the corner.

“Bobby kissed a girl, Bobby kissed a girl Darla, look.”

Darla looked at Bobby and saw the lipstick all over his mouth and giggled. “He did Amy, he really did. More than one by the looks of it. If I am not mistaken there are two colors of lipsticks on his mouth, and a third on his cheek.”

“Wait till we tell Mom, Bobby,” Amy said with glee.

A visibly shaken Bobby begged, “Please don’t tell mom! They weren’t real kisses. I just did something for a couple of girls from my school and they thanked me. I don’t think they’ll do it again.” Bobby said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

Darla saw the look in his eyes and knew there was more to it, but she also saw the sadness in Bobby’s eyes. “Don’t worry little brother we will keep your secret. Did you enjoy it at least?”

Bobby didn’t say anything but he felt himself blush from the top of his head to the tip of his toes.

Amy was itching to hear all about it but Darla intervened, “Amy don’t push it. You wouldn’t want him to spread what you and Don are doing would you? I don’t think so. He’ll tell us when he is ready. Better clean up your face fast brother or your secret will be out. I think I just heard mom’s car pull up.”

Bobby heard a car door slam so he ran upstairs. In the bathroom he saw that he did indeed have lipstick all over his face and traces of foundation and mascara on his shoulders. He licked his lips, the taste and feel of the lipstick along with his memories of the kisses sent shivers throughout his body. He hurriedly washed his face real good, making sure he removed all traces of lipstick from his face and then he went to his room to change his shirt.

(to be continued)

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

up
214 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sort of Backfired

Manly hero rather than a damsal in a dress

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Bobbi's Run ch. 1

What will Bobby do now that he's a hero?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Bobbi's Run by Paula Dillon

Liking to search old stories, found a fun one Bobbi's Run by Paula Dillon. Sandra notices a classmate following them at the mall and invites Bobby to walk with her and Becky. A cute growing up story for an unusual boy spiced with a bit of mystery.

Hugs, from JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Bobbi's Run 2

Hi Paula
Your story gets better and better. I cant wait to see what happens next. I'll await patiently.

John (dooey52)