Bobbi's Run ch. 4

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Bobbi's story continues at his home. His Mom knows something isn't right with him and learns more than he wanted to tell her. Bobbi too learns more than he wanted to know and what he learns scares him even more.

Story:

Bobbi’s Run ch. 4

by

Paula Dillon

Liz was glad to get home. Work at the law office kept her away from her kids, but at least it allowed her to provide for them. She was proud that they lived well and didn’t need to depend on the kindness of others. Her daughters Darla and Amy were in the kitchen when she opened the door to their home. They both stuck their heads around the corner and said hi to Liz.

“Hi kids,” she said as she saw her daughters, “Is Bobby home?”

“Yes Mom, he is up in his room right now,” Darla the oldest said.

“Great, is dinner ready yet?”

“In a few Mom. Amy set the table, please.”

Liz went to her room, took her suit off and carefully hung it up. She dressed in a T-shirt and shorts, before heading downstairs.

Bobby changed his clothes, set his camcorders batteries to charge and just sat on his bed shaking. He had never been in this kind of situation before and he was worried. He wondered if and what he should tell his Mom.

“Bobby dinner is ready,” he heard Darla shouting.

Bobby got up and headed downstairs. He was the last to reach the dinner table. The rest were already seated and filling their plates. Bobby sat down and started filling his plate.

“Well what did you three do today?” Liz asked.

“Amy and I went to Sherry’s and then to the mall and a movie. We got back home at about four.” Darla said.

“I was at the mall too, but I didn’t see you guys there. I met a couple of girls from high school there, we talked a bit then I got home at about five thirty. How was your day Mom?” Bobby asked.

Liz raised an eyebrow and gave a little smile at hearing her son meeting girls of any age.

“I was busy meeting clients, you know we have a trial coming up next week and we spent most of the time getting depositions and evidence in order.” Liz said watching Bobby out of the corner of her eye. Something about Bobby just didn’t look right. He was paler than he should be and he had the ‘nervous look’ like she saw in witnesses at a trial. It’s probably just the girls he met, she thought, Amy was the child that always seemed to find trouble.

They chatted about this and that as they ate. Bobby picked at his food, which wasn’t unusual, but he ate very little which was. He liked Darla’s cooking better than his Mom’s. He always ate sorta daintily, sort of like a girl. Bobby’s stomach though was full of butterflies or rather wasps were more like it.

After they finished eating, everybody helped clean up the table and the kitchen before they headed to the living room to catch a little television. The girls flanked their Mom on the couch and Bobby sat on the floor leaning back onto his Mom’s legs. She liked having her kids this close to her. Liz pulled out the elastic that held his hair in a ponytail and combed it out with her fingers as they watched their favorite show. Liz felt him relax and would swear that she heard him purr.

After the show ended the news at nine came on. Liz always watched the news. The lead story was the shoot out at the mall as it was called. Liz felt Bobby tense up when the story came on. They watched the piece and saw a lady move under the tape and talk to several people as the reporter gave his spiel. Liz thought she would have to have a talk with Bobby later.

***********************************

Tara and Brian sat in the office and went over their preliminary reports. Tara had gone to the autopsies and collected the bullets recovered from the bodies. All of them were nine mil and the preliminary report from ballistics was that they were all fired from the same gun. Eight shots, four bodies, with lead flying everywhere and only one killer. He had to be one hell of a shooter. The comparisons with the guns collected were not in, but she knew the gun that did the killing would not be among those.

Brian got a hit on one the mall’s security cam of the three teens. The mall security camera showed the teens going out the mall entrance and towards the bus stop. They couldn’t ID the teens but they knew where they had come from at least. He said he would check some of the internal or store security cams tomorrow and they might catch them then.

**********************************

Liz followed her son into his room as they all got up to go to bed. “Ok Bobby what really happened today?”

“I already told you Mom.”

“Cut the crap son, I saw how you reacted to the news. Did you see the shooting?”

“No Mom, I didn’t see anything really,” Bobby said. His face showed his fright and concern, but in a way he was relieved that he wouldn’t be hiding this from his mother. “But I was close Mom, too close. I was sitting on the bench at the bus stop right across the street from it.”

“Were you there by yourself son?”

“No. I was with the girls I told you about.”

“Did they see anything?”

“No we were talking and we weren’t paying attention to what was going on around us. We were going to go to Toni’s for pizza and we were waiting for the bus. When I heard the first shot I pushed them off the bench and covered them on the ground. There was no way they saw anything. We didn’t stick around either, as soon as I felt it was safe we got out of there.”

“Who else knows about this Bobby?”

“As far as I know only Sanra's mom Tracey, we had to tell her. The girls were crying on my shoulders at her house when her Mom got in.”

“Who was the other girl with you?”

“Becky Samuels was her name. Becky and Sandra both go to my high school.”

“Do your sisters know about all this?”

“No they don’t know. I wasn’t going to tell them or to say anything to anyone.” Bobby said. Then he gave his Mom a more detailed description of that afternoon. He left out certain parts to his story that his Mom didn’t need to know about. She didn’t need to know he was taping girls at the mall and about the kisses the girls had given him.

“Ok, I believe you. I know the detective Tara Collins, from what I saw on TV, I believe she is working that case. I might try and talk to her Bobby. Son I don’t need to tell you how serious this matter is, do I?” Liz asked.

Bobby shook his head and said, “Yes Ma’am.”

Well I don’t know where all this is going to go son, but until I do don’t tell anybody else about this till you hear from me and I mean anybody son.” Liz said as she left and went to her room. Sunday should be soon enough to feel things out. She hated not coming forward but knew she might have too, but that could wait.

After his Mom left his room Bobby locked his door. He then booted up his computer and brought his camera over, hooking up its digital interface. He dressed in a bra, panties and a silky sleep shirt, stuffing the bra with some double-layered water balloons. He felt so much better dressed this way and seemed to be able to think clearer. He started the video editing program and turned on the camcorder. He liked to view the tapes he recorded and to edit the parts he liked into a clip that would help him with his girl time.

After rewinding the current tape he hit the play button on the recorder and the record function in the computer program. He watched Sandra and Becky as they walked by the various store windows. He got some good video of them and seeing them made him blush as he thought about their kisses. He heard the conversations he had with the girls. He followed the video from the mall up to the bus stop where he had set down his camera case.

The tape then showed a car pulling into the Mini-Mart across the street. One guy got out of the car and went around to the side of the store. Then shots could be heard, two guys went down. The camera skewed to the left as more shots rang out and he could see the car that had pulled up leave in a hurry.

Bobby sat there in shock for several minutes, before he stopped the camcorder and rewound the computer program and played it again. He stopped it when the man got out of the car. He had a full profile of the man and the picture was crystal clear.

He didn’t know what to do. What he saw scared him more than anything else he had been through in his life. He knew one thing though he wanted to make several copies of this tape. He snuck into the living room and hooked his camcorder up to the VCR, turning it and the TV on. He made four copies and broke the tab on the cassettes so they could not be recorded over. It was after one am when Bobby settled in the bed and another hour till he could fall asleep.

Bobby woke early, he was tired but he just couldn’t sleep very well. The clock by his bed read 7:00 am. He changed back to his boy clothes briefs, shorts and a white t shirt and went down to the kitchen. He started a pot of coffee and started to cook breakfast. Darla usually did the cooking but Bobby wasn’t bad either. Mom thought everybody should know how to cook well. It was a few minutes later that Darla came in the kitchen. Bobby already had breakfast almost ready and was on his second cup of coffee.

“Boy you are the early bird today brother.”

“I couldn’t sleep any longer so I went ahead and got up.”

Darla set the table and got the juice on the table as Bobby filled the plates. Within minutes Amy showed up looking to help.

“Wow Darla, how did you manage to get all this done in a manner of minutes?” Amy asked.

“I didn’t, Bobby did. I guess my cooking isn’t good enough for him.”

“No Darla, I just wanted to do it this time. I can cook too you know.”

“All of you can cook, and I want you to cook well. Bobby might have to cook for himself someday. It is good if he can take care of himself,” Liz said.

They finished up eating. Everyone complimented Bobby on his cooking and they went to their rooms to get dressed for church. Bobby put panties and pantyhose on under his pants making sure that his socks hid the nylon pantyhose. Everyone met up in the living room. Mom had on a white and blue floral print dress and three inch heeled open toed sling back sandals, a big change from her usual business suits she wore to work. Darla had on a lavender suit with a silky white blouse with ruffles up the front. Amy wore a slate gray suit with a scoop neck blouse in red. Bobby of course had on a black suit with a plain white long sleeve shirt and a red tie, he hated that he couldn’t dress like his Mom or his sisters.

They went to church. There they were greeted by friends, at least the girls had friends, some of the boys would talk to Bobby but they really weren’t close like his sisters and their friends. First they had Sunday school and then the main church service. The pastor was very long winded as he preached, all the kids there were squirming in their seats. Bobby found it hard to keep his eyes open but the sharp elbows of his Mother made sleeping impossible.

After church it took a while to get out the front door, everybody was stopping and talking. Liz and the girls were quite popular and there were people who just had to talk to them. Bobby knew being invisible in plain sight was hard to do but he had mastered it. Yet some of the ladies had to comment on the three kids but for the most part it was like he wasn’t there.

Liz took her family out to eat at a cafeteria; at least the food there was better than the schools cafeteria. When they approached an empty table with their trays they heard somebody call out, “Hi Bobby.” They turned and saw Sandra, her Mom eating at a table.

Sandra was a vision of loveliness in a pastel yellow knee length chiffon dress, suntan hosiery, and white pumps with a two inch heel. The fabric seemed to caress her body in all the right places and was fitted from the shoulders to the top of her hips where the skirt flared.

“Come sit with us there is plenty of room,” Sandra volunteered.

Liz looked from her son to Sandra and then at her Mom who nodded. The four of them went over to the table.

“Well Bobby, are you going to introduce us?” Liz asked with an arched eyebrow.

“Oh yeah, Mom, Darla, and Amy this is Sandra Jennings and her Mom ah… Tracey. Tracey, Sandra this is my Mom Elisabeth McCrea, my sisters Darla and Amy.”

They all sat down and started talking. Sandra had made room for Bobby to sit next to her, but started talking first to the girls. Darla and Sandra became thick as thieves and Bobby started feeling left out till Sandra laid her hand on Bobby’s leg and gave it a squeeze. She teased his leg a couple of times running her hand higher up his leg but never quite unseemly. Bobby felt himself flush and was drawn into their conversation with the girls. Liz and Tracey fell into their own conversations.

Sandra got up to use the restroom and Darla and Amy got up too, leaving Bobby there with the mothers.

“Bobby, is she one of the ones you were talking about Son?” Liz asked.

Bobby felt trapped and took a gulp of air before replying, “Yes Mom, Sandra was with me along with Becky Samuels.”

“Your son told you what happened, I suppose then.” Tracey said.

“I had to drag it out of him but yes he did. I wish it didn’t happen but it did.”

“Sandra and Becky told me how brave your son was and how quickly he reacted and looked out for them.”

“Really? He told me bits about it, but he never said what a hero he was.”

“Oh yes, both girls gave him real big kisses when we dropped Becky off and then dropped your son off at your home. I really want you to know how much I appreciate what he did for them Elisabeth.”

“Please, just call me Liz. I think he is kind of special. Who else knows what happened?”

“Just the three of them, you and I is all I know, maybe Becky’s parents but that would have been up to her to tell.”

“He told me but not his sisters right.” Liz said looking at Bobby.

Bobby nodded and said “I don’t really want Darla and Amy to know. Darla could keep it quiet, I don’t know about Amy.”

Liz nodded, “I think you are right Son. I may have to tell though, I am a lawyer and it could be held that I am obstructing justice. I wish I didn’t know but really I am glad you did tell me.”

Bobby knew then that he wasn’t going to show his mom the tape he had made. At least not right now.

When the girls got back, the Mothers then headed to the restroom. When they were out of sight Bobby felt a hand turn his chin towards Sandra and she planted a kiss right on his lips. It wasn’t one of those earth shaking kisses, but Bobby felt his knees go weak and his brain space out. Bobby was snapped out of his revelry by the giggles of his sisters, especially Amy’s. The kiss had felt like it was hours long but it really only lasted seconds.

“Thank you again Bobby.” Sandra said.

“For what?” Amy asked. She got an excited look on her face as she expected to hear some juicy gossip about her brother.

“Nothing Sis, nothing at all.” Bobby said.

“Yeah right Bobby, a kiss like that for nothing. How about it Sandra?”

“I’ll never kiss and tell,” she said realizing she nearly let the cat out of the bag. She just clung to his arm and leaned into him.

Bobby blushed as he felt her breast rub up against his arm.

Amy just pouted, Darla snickered at her sister and Sandra giggled.

They broke up after the parents got back and everybody headed in their own direction. Sandra had to give Bobby another kiss before they parted, a much more demure kiss of course.

Mom dropped the kids off at their home she had some last minute work to do before she took her case to court.

Amy didn’t give up trying to find out what her brother was hiding but her effort was wasted. They had school the next day and they all had homework to finish so they parted to study.

“Amy cut Bobby some slack, He is such a nice guy. You know we could have a far worse brother. We could have a brother like Casey’s, she hates him because he picks on her all the time, They fight like cats and dogs. Bobby is so shy I am surprised he found a girl that likes him don’t burn it for him.”

“I know, I just hate that he keeps secrets from us. He never use to keep to himself so much.”

“Yes he has Amy, you just can’t see how he is hurt and how he is hiding it all the time.” Darla said. She knew that Bobby got in her clothes all the time, but she never saw stains in them and he didn’t stretch them out being a little smaller than Darla. As long as he didn’t start ruining her clothes she was cool about it. Amy was younger than he was and her clothes would never fit him. Darla would hate for Amy to find out about that, she would never let him live that down. She kept Amy out of the house after school with her so he could have some time alone. Amy loved hanging out with the older girls, and Darla’s friends seemed to like Amy.

(to be continued)

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

How come

an excellent well written story like this has less than 30 votes from nearly 4000 reads, Have some people forgotten where the vote button is?

Kirri

Sounds like Bobby has a

Sounds like Bobby has a secret friend in his sister Darla as she apparently knows about him dressing. Hopefully all the girls will become his friend in his new female persona.
Janice Lynn

Vote Button

There wasn't a vote button when this story came to light.

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Bobbi Runs 4

Hi Paula,

This is a great continuation. We are beginning to see the characters in more light. What a wonderful sister Darla is, secretly helping her brother the way she is.

I look forward to more of this.

Hugs

Karen

More fun

It is certainly a interresting sory so far. Nice bite size chapters. I look forward to the next.

----------
Jenna

Stelllla !!

Jezzi Stewart's picture

** She was proud that they lived well and didn’t need to depend on the kindness of others **

Liz would probably blanch at the thought of relying on the kindness of strangers. :-)

Keep up the great work, Paula.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Bobbi Runs 4

Hi Paula
Your coming along with the characters very nicely along with the story. I wish everybody had someone like Bobbys sister to help them like Darla is helping him out. I eagerly await more of you wonderfull writings.

Sincerly,
John (dooey52)