James: 21st Century Young Man – 12

Printer-friendly version


James: 21st Century Young Man – 12



By Jessica C


James intruded on his mother's telephone conversation...
He volunteered to be her daughter for a Mother/Daughter Event...
He's a 21st-century male who can handle it...
James’ plans begin to snowball…
Jamie’s tickled pink to have permission to stay a girl…
James begins fading away…
=^_^=


Jamie thought Ryan was talking to Sue or DeeDee, but everyone else knew he was talking to her. “Your name is Jamie, isn’t it? Please, don’t be shy or hard to talk to; I have my problem with girls.”

Jamie’s eyes widened as it was sure, he was talking to her, “I, I, I’m sorry yes I’m planning to go to the dance, but I can’t date older boys like you.”

He says, “That’s alright, but I hope to dance with you a few times. Hopefully, you’ll like me and we can get to know each other. If we meet a couple of times, and you like me; maybe your parents will learn you’re safe with me.” He paused, “Are you open to that?”

“That would be nice.” Jamie blushes and Sue says, “He doesn’t bite; you could walk with him while we check another store.” DeeDee gave Jamie a slight push from behind, and Ryan put out his hand and Jamie stepped to him and took his hand. They headed for a water pond, where Ryan said, “I’m happy to be with you even for a short time… It was nice to meet you after the game, I’d like to know you more.

Marty was with Marcy, and Ryan’s good friend he asked, “Marcy if you called Jamie’s mother would she possibly allow Jamie to stay shopping with us?”

Marcy said, “Not likely, I suspect Carol Evans is responsible for driving two if not all three home. Maybe another time.”

Ryan asked, “Jamie, what do you like to do?”

She started to say, “You probably don’t know, but…” Then she stopped and started again. “I learned to play tennis this summer, I like to read, and as you see I like shopping. How about you?” She wanted to say she had been a boy, not to mislead him, but she stopped.

Ryan said, “I like to read as well, I’m good in science and math, and as you know I play football. I help my mom around the house, as I have two older brothers who get most of my dad’s time. I don’t mean that I’m a mommy’s boy. It’s just being the last I got the last of the chores.” Ryan hoped he didn’t embarrass himself, but he found it easy to talk to Jamie.

Jamie’s phone rang and she got a message; it was from her mother. She was coming to pick them up. She was sorry that she was late.

Jamie looked up, “We better walk back, my mother is giving my friends and me a ride.”

Ryan hugged Jamie, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to give you a hug yet.” Embarrassed he blushed as they walked back to the group. Ryan stepped over to Marcy and Marty. Sue and DeeDee went to Jamie; teasing her a little.

Jamie told her girlfriends her mother was coming and then she turned to Ryan. “There better be some boys they can dance with.”

Marty chuckled, “We’ll see what we can do, but I expect there will be other boys there.”


=^_^=


Marcy, Jamie, and the other girls hugged goodbye, Jamie and her friends walked toward the doors they’d meet her mother. When the ride started rather quietly. Carol Evans asked, “What happened that has the three of you quiet?”

No one spoke, then Jamie said, “You should see what we bought. If we go home we can show you what we bought.”

“Tell me all about it before we get there.”

Jamie’s mind was going blank. Sue said, “I bought a pink jeans skirt and a dress; my mom suggested I do it since your daughter wears mostly skirts.” Carol giggled. DeeDee said, “I dropped off my purchases with my Mom. She said she’d pick me up at your house or just leave me at the mall.” Everyone giggled.

Jamie said, “Mom, they forced me to try on a mini jeans skirt. Then they talked me into buying it after we shopped around. DeeDee and the woman at Sephora helped me to find makeup that was correct for me. I was encouraged to buy some makeup as you suggested; I also bought a nice makeup kit, a smaller one for my purse and you wouldn’t believe it I got a lot of makeup samples free.”

Mom acted surprised, but DeeDee was sure she expected me to buy more. Mom took suggestions and ordered pizza just before we got home.

We found out once home that Dan and Dad were planning to order pizza, Dan was upset he hadn’t got to choose what we ordered. When Dad saw all the makeup that I bought he said it had to cost over $100. Dan got even more upset, “This girl stuff has got out of control.”

Happily, Jamie said, “I bought less than Mom said I could. If you want Dan, you can join us girls and we’ll paint your nails or makeup your face.” Her parents quickly told her to stop teasing her brother.

Since it was Saturday, Mrs. Evans suggested the girls could call their mothers if they wanted to and ask to sleep over. She even suggested that James had two oversized sports shirts they could use for sleeping. DeeDee called her mother, and her mother would stop by with some clothes after she closed up at work.

Sue said her family had plans so she couldn’t. Sue could stay for pizza and to show off what they had purchased. Needless to say, Dan and Dad were in for the pizza but were to be out when the fashion show began.

DeeDee blew in Dan’s ear and then kissed him on the cheek; she whispered, “I hoped you were staying; I had gotten a gift for you.”

Dan quickly turned and said, “Please, please!”

She asked, “Are you sure you want it?” And he quickly agreed that he did. She asked another question, “But will you stay and celebrate with us?”

Dan liked DeeDee and thought she was very attractive. He had seen her once in her tennis outfit and had dreamt about her. He was aggressive in saying, “Whatever it takes.” He closed the door and let his father leave alone.

His mother saw him and asked, “I thought you were leaving and wanted nothing of this fashion show.”

He enthusiastically said, “Dee has a gift for me, so I decided to stay and participate.”

Dee and Jamie and gone to Jamie’s room to change into their first outfit. Jamie wore her jeans skirt that wasn’t as small as some, and what her mother thought was in good taste. Dee had put on a knit dress she found and while it was not very provocative, it was in Dan’s eyes. The girls took two more turns in trying on their clothes. And Dee’s mom had arrived for the last round. Dee had bought a white crocheted dress worn over a red satin top that was only a little shorter than her dress. It was to be for a special dinner out.

Once the two girls had finished Carol invited everyone for a dessert, but Dee said they weren’t done. She had Dan sit as Jamie and she gave Dan a gift. She whispered in his ear to take the gift upstairs and to decide if he wanted the gifts. There was a gray and pink pair of shorts and a bright shiny pink and blue top. When he got to his room he found a wrapped gift inside workout shorts along with a note from Sue, Dee, and his sister. You don’t need to wear these gifts, but we want you to know you are appreciated. Hugs, Sis, Sue, and Dee.”

It was only seven minutes when Dan came down wearing the outfit, and a big smile that pleased his mother. Only Dan, Dee, and his sister knew the wrapped gift was a pink pair of no-line panties.

Everyone there cheered which brought in John Evans to see what the noise was about. “Oh, no! I hope this is a joke.”

After Renee Sylvan went home and John and Carol to bed; Jamie and Dee stayed up painting each other’s fingers and toenails. Come morning, Jamie and Dee had decided to wear an outfit the day before and open-toe shoes.

Dan came down dressed for church with his left pinky nail painted pink. His toes were also painted pink but they would not be showing when he went to church. The Evans and Sylvans met after the worship service for dinner.

The Church members we happy to meet DeeDee and even happier to see Dan and Jamie being warm to each other. After the service and out in front of the church, several girls remarked to DeeDee that they were getting used to James as Jamie. “Have you helped her in selecting better clothes and makeup?”

Dee looked over to Jamie wondering if Jamie wanted to answer for herself. Jamie volunteered, “Yes, Dee, Sue Hall, and my closest friend Marcy help me. This is one outfit we bought yesterday along with some makeup.”

Gwen asked, “Did DeeDee help you in getting dressed or with your makeup?”

Dee cut back in, “No, she’s pretty good with her makeup and she’s no little girl heeding help in getting dressed… Do you agree with me that Jamie has pretty legs for a girl?”

Gwen said, “We haven’t looked that much?”

Dee giggles, “You should say something like that in front of the church?”

Shirley says, “We want to ask if Jamie’s interested in coming to the girls’ Bible study?”

Soon they all had to leave, Dee and Jamie, Dan, and Parents all to meet for dinner.

=^_^¬=


Sunday afternoon Jamie and her mother had another mother/daughter talk. The subject of going to Sunday school and Jamie getting active in more girl activities at school.

Jamie asked if it would be all right to play tennis, shoot baskets, and do other things like James.

Mom took it as a hopeful sign that his interest in Jamie might be waning. Jamie calmly said, “No, I just want to keep that side of me alive. It wasn’t nice that as Jamie this side of me was invisible.”

Mom said, “I thought this part of you came to life to be there for me on Mother’s Day?”

“I thought so too,” said Jamie, “but the more I was myself, I have recalled dreams and thinking as Jamie. Jamie was my invisible friend that you said I needed to outgrow. Dad got very angry at me, and you agreed with him. That became clear when you learned my invisible friend was a girl.”

That time became visible in Carol’s memory, and she hugged Jamie. She asked, “Was Jamie afraid when you mentioned being there for Mother’s Day?”

“I guess I hadn’t thought about it; it just came out. It even surprised me, but I liked the idea. I was surprised by how strong I was about it. I can’t remember now who called me Jamie.”

His Mother said, “You were, you said it when I was first talking about Mother’s Day with my Sister.” Mom quoted me mentioning it to Aunt Beth.

Mother asked, “What made you think about yourself as James?”

“I have appointments soon with Dr. Sharon and Dr. Marie Jensen, the Endocrinologist,” I said. “I’ve been wondering: I want to look more like a normal girl, but can I keep my male parts working?”

Mom answered with a question, “I’m sure you’ve kind of researched it; what have you found out?”

I look down, “The more I’m on the estrogen and progesterone; there’s a bad chance it will shut down much of my testosterone.”

Mom hugged me, “It wouldn’t change the fact you couldn’t become pregnant, but it would likely stop your chances of being a father, except by having some of your sperm harvested and frozen.”

“It sounds like it is all against what I want.”

“You have us and others who are supporting you to be you. You have the love of a lot of people. Ten years ago we wouldn’t have even asked these questions.”

“Ten years ago doesn't change; how I’m feeling right now!”

Jamie's Life goes on.

Would like to hear from readers who have not previously commented.

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good decisions

Dee Sylvan's picture

Jamie has emerged and is making good decisions, slowly changing her body to match her mind. Those two doctors are crucial during this time and I hope are able to help Jamie and keep her safe.

Great story Jessica! :DD

DeeDee

Just a matter of time . . .

SuziAuchentiber's picture

Its so often the case that once you taste the feeling of being your true gender its only a matter of time before you commit to it fully. James has discovered Jamie and how it makes him feel and he is weighing up the pros and the cons. At the end of the day, you have to live your true life and not a lie - be the girl you always were despite your physical anomalies. True happiness will come to her once Jamie commits - can't wait to read all about it !
Hugs and Kudos!

Suzi