James: 21st Century Young Man - 2

Printer-friendly version


James: 21st Century Young Man - 2


By Jessica C


James intruded on his mother's call...
He Volunteers to be her daughter for a Mother/Daughter Event...
He insists he's a 21st-century male who can handle it...
=^-^=

When we got back to our house, Marcy mentioned to my mother about my phone call from Maria. I told my Mom, “I told Maria I’d be willing to go, but that I’d need to get permission from both my parents. I don’t want you to permit me. It’s a stupid idea, and I don’t think Dallas Turner is going to want to do it either.”

Mom asked, “So you know this Dallas that she’s talking about?”

“I’m pretty sure it would be Dallas Turner, but he’s in ninth grade and a good size guy. He’d probably look like Zena the Warrior Princess if he were to dress up.”

My mother looked at Marcy and then Monica and back at me. It looks like you have already given your answer and it would not be fair to this Dallas if he says yes and then you back out. …I’ll talk to your father the answer is yes for both of us. It will give you a chance as Jamie to be out in public and where most of the others won’t know you.”

Aunt Beth said, “You just came back from the park that’s a public place and you gave neighbors and others a chance to see you as Jamie. A junior high dance: won’t that be like 7:00 to 9:00, if that long?

“Don’t you think it would be neat if a guy would dress up as a girl for someone like you’re doing for your mother? It could be that you’ve begun a new trend.”

Monica spoke up, “We can go home, mama. I’m pretty sure Jamie will be going to the dance and enjoying herself.” James looks at Monica and she gives him a knowing smile back. “Send me a picture Jamie!” Don Miller counted his other daughter and son; making sure they had everyone before leaving.

Marcy was smiling and saying something to Jamie as the others left. His Mom asked, “What are you teasing James about now?”

Marcy commented, “No one noticed that Monica was able to coax Jamie into wearing one of her new bras.”

His mother asked, “And how did she convince you to do that?”

Jamie was quiet and trying to turn away. Marcy indicated to his mother to follow them. Marcy said, “Far enough Jamie, it will just be between us three for now.”

Jamie stopped and began to blush, “She said, I needed to do it to complete the look that I’m a young woman and not acting like a little girl or a boy dressing like a girl.”

His Mom hugged him, “You honestly are acting like a very mature person. I am so proud of what you’re doing for me. You’ll never know how important this is to me. Now let me get a good look at you. I agree with Monica that it helps to complete the look of a young teenage girl.”

Marcy took a small bottle of perfume out of her purse and spritzed Jamie and his mother. “You’re bonding as a mother and daughter.”

Jamie hugged his mother, “I didn’t expect it to become something special.” They sat in the kitchen nook and each grabbed a Hershey’s kiss from the Easter candy dish. He watched the other two and like them cleaned his lips with the tip of his tongue.

“Jamie,” his Mom asked, “Would you do me a big favor and go get the sheets from the beds our guests used?” Marcy said, “I’ll help if she doesn’t mind.” The two of them went around to the different rooms. Marcy mentioned how she liked helping Jamie, and that somehow it seemed different.

They went to Jamie’s room last, where they found one of Monica’s camisoles left for him. As Jamie commented, “Monica must have forgotten this.”

Marcy said, “I don’t think so, look?” There was a note from Monica and Grandma. “To the new girl in the family.” The note had a new necklace on it, ‘From Grandma and Cousin Monica.’

Marcy said, “It would be nice if they each got a ‘Thank You from you Jamie’.”

Jamie hugged Marcy, “There’s a lot of things to being a girl.”

Marcy’s hand dropped to be on Jamie’s butt as they hugged, “I like the feel of how smooth and nice this feels. ‘Mm’, she moans.

Jamie said, “I hear my mother coming.” Marcy quickly moved her hands, before realizing Jamie was spoofing her.

Jamie picked up the cami and a matching pair of panties fell out of the bottom. Marcy said, “I bet your Grandma didn’t approve of Monica leaving the panty behind.” Marcy picked up the necklace and asked Jamie to turn around so she could put the necklace on her. “You should show your parents.”

His Dad commented, “Well you have enough support in what you’re doing. Now, one doesn’t have to guess Grandma if approves.”

Marcy walked to the door to go home, and Jamie went and gave her one more hug. She whispered, “I will enjoy seeing Jim for a few days at school.”

=^_^=


James had to take two showers one at night and another in the morning to get himself both smelling and looking like himself before he went to school.

Brad, one of his better friends commented, “I didn’t see you at church with your family yesterday. Dan wasn’t willing to say why. I was afraid, I might be seeing Jamie this morning.”

James was happy to be back to being himself, but he also knew his mind was having trouble concentrating on classes. He had his baseball glove and went to junior high practice. It felt good to have something that took his mind off of other things. He was in the shower after practice when he noticed he didn’t get all the polish off his fingernails. Fortunately, no one else saw it or they didn’t comment on it.

Brad noticed Jim hiding his hands as they left the baseball field after practice. Brad said, “You did as good of a job as we might expect a boy to do.”

The baseball coach upon hearing James was going to miss a few days because of his mom wanting his help. “It’s just junior high; I’m guessing you might miss a few games until we get to May.”

Jim thanked the Coach for understanding and not making a big deal out of it. “You are a good second baseman; it will be good when you’re able to concentrate on the game and continue your improvement.”

=^_^=


His Mom was off of work Tuesday and Wednesday as she’d be working this weekend. It wasn’t how James wanted it but his mother insisted it was Jamie and Marcy who were going to look for dresses and other things Jamie would need.

His mother announced, “Work has shared more information about the Mother-Daughter weekend. It will be on both Saturday and Sunday. And I’ve decided we’ll go into the City the Friday night before and go to a Broadway play. I talked to Rose and I bought a block of eight tickets for one of the productions. It’s a new production called “Six”.

James was ready to say something sarcastic; but saw the glow on his mother’s face. His Mom said, “If Marcy and her mother want two of the tickets; it will be a thank you for their helping. I’m sure Marcy would be happy to see you one of the times you are dressed up.”

“Are you serious Mrs. Evans?” Marcy said, “My Mom said you were wanting to do something for my helping Jamie, but this isn’t necessary.”

The dresses we looked at and tried on weren’t as special as prom dresses, more like nice evening dresses for a night out, was the way Marcy termed it. I didn’t understand my mother insisting I have three nice dresses. “I hope you don’t mind Jamie, but it’s what girls do, and it is partially a thank you for your favor for me.”

Mom bought a new dark blue evening dress for Marcy for the play and our dinner out. My dress for that evening was pink with silver sparkles. Mom said it would also do for the closing events on Sunday. By the time we were searching for the second dress, I was back in the mindset of finding something I would like.

I wasn’t excited about getting 3” heels, but Marcy insisted I’d get used to them. Marcy helped my Mom and the saleswoman get makeup for me to use with my pink dress as well as for the whole weekend. I learned later that Mom told Marcy I would have a makeover on Saturday. I guess, Mom didn’t want me to know too many things ahead of time.

=^-^=


Mom insisted I buy a red linen skirt for Friday night when Marcy and I are to go to the dance with Maria and Dallas.

Wednesday after school Marcy’s mother, Evelyn Robins, went shopping with us. It was a break for my Mom to have another woman to visit with as we were shopping. Evelyn said, “I’ve always liked James, I’m delightfully surprised how well she’s doing as Jamie.”

She told my mother that Marcy was hoping to have Jamie for an overnight after everything was done. My mother informed her about my cousin Monica sharing my bedroom on Easter weekend. “We just made sure they used the bathroom for changes. He won’t admit it, but it helped him to relax and be like another girl. The experiences add up.”

I spoke up, “But after the Mother/Daughter weekend I don’t intend to be Jamie anymore!”

My mother said, “Calm it, you won’t be forced to do anything, but I can’t see you not using all that you’ll have by then. You and Marcy are such good friends; I’d be surprised if you didn’t do something she wanted to do with Jamie.”

I hadn’t thought of it like that and I realized my mom understood my friendship with Marcy better than I did.

I asked, “Please don’t tell anyone else that I might agree to that.” The four of us agreed and it would be the last we spoke of it for a while.

Thursday and Friday were normal at school, despite my getting more anxious about the dance. Marcy and I had spent time after school on Thursday and were now practicing my dancing again at her house Friday after school. We were talking and I confessed. “I couldn’t believe that all this started with a silly idea of acting like a daughter for my mother. And here I am going to a dance as Jamie.”

Marcy smiled and said, “That had become obvious to me, but this is the first time you acknowledge it. My only concern is that I don’t lose you as a best friend.”

I interrupted her, “It’s just the opposite; it’s more likely you’re my soulmate. We’re best friends for life now. It dawned on me that being a best friend is more special than I ever imagined.”

Marcy agreed, “Now, I’m no longer afraid of you dancing with someone else. Because I’m happy for you.”

Marcy giggled, “Does that mean I shouldn’t worry about you dancing with any other boy or girl?” We both laughed as there was no way I could enjoy dancing with a boy. Come 5:00 I went home to change.

Marcy, my mom, and I agreed I would wear my red knit skirt and a white printed blouse. My mom insisted that I needed to eat a sandwich and some cottage cheese with a slice of pineapple. After I ate I finished doing my makeup. My mother encouraged me that it was appropriate to use a little more color for something in the evening.

I noticed that Marcy had done the same when she came over to my house so we would ride together. Marcy helped me to use more color and to refine my look. My mother had us pose for a picture. “I can’t believe this will be your first dance, Jamie.” Marcy and I both spoke up that we’ve had dances at school before. My mother said, “But they were no longer than an hour and for students in your class to get practice. Marcy, haven’t you gone to at least two other dances?”

“I’m a grade ahead of James, and it’s been three, and mostly the girls dancing except for the one dance where the school insisted the boys needed to dance.”

Marcy said, “James and I have practiced with him as Jamie, and it will probably be most girls dancing there anyway. Many of the boys are too afraid to ask a girl to dance. They’re embarrassed if a girl asks them.”

We were traveling to Maria’s school when my mother asked, “What are you going to do if a boy asks you to dance?”

I said, a matter of factly, “Then I’ll dance one dance and be done. Hopefully, it won’t happen more than once. Maria said we were a foursome, maybe that means it will probably just be me and Marcy and her and Dallas.”

My Mom said, “Rose indicated that Maria had someone who was going to ask to dance with Dallas. She didn’t come out and say it, but I won’t be surprised she has encouraged someone to ask you, to dance with them.”

I asked, “You weren’t upset with that; my dancing with another boy?”

She replied, “I expected it might be one of your experiences as my daughter. Since you’re only 14, I am not very worried.”

Mom’s car phone rang and she answered it. “Hi, Rose, we are almost there. So are you and I going to dinner while they’re at the dance?”

Dallas does look a little like Lucy Lawless who played Zena in the television program. But Dallas was in a modern dress and looked like an attractive athletic woman. He smiled when he saw me, “I hope you are happy that you caused this for me.”

I said, “You look attractive and very much like a pretty Amazon woman.” We both laughed.

We knew some people had recognized who Darla was and were wondering about Marcy or me. Like I thought when the dance began it was Maria and Darla dancing together and Marcy and myself.

We were into the second hour of the dance before several women came over and talked with Darla and me. Deva an eighth-grade basketball player finally asked Darla to dance with her. Kayla, one of Maria’s friends asked me to dance and we did. But when a slow song began a friend of Dallas’ asked me to dance with him. Kevin anticipated my saying yes, and so he took hold of my hand and drew me to him. Caught by surprise I followed as we went onto the dance floor.

My first worry was about slowing down and following his lead. His movement had a rhythm to it that made him easier to follow. He said I made an attractive-looking girl. “I know you played second base both in your school as well as a traveling team last summer. I play on the Mavericks and like you have played second base and the outfield. I was wondering if you were interested in playing softball as a girl?”

Kevin said, “I haven’t dated a boy like you but I think I could do it whether you were Jamie or James.” He said, “I know speaking up like this is much too soon, but I didn’t know if I’d ever get another opportunity.”

I was caught off guard and a little embarrassed. The dance was ending as he pulled me closer into a hug and whispered thanks. His hands had slipped down, and it made me think of something Marcy said the day before. I thanked him for the dance. He asked, “Would you be open to another dance?” I stepped away quietly without responding.

I stepped away surprised about what had happened but I was not upset about it. Soon they announced there would only be three more dances, and Kevin approached me again. I looked back to Marcy, and she made a silly smile while waving me to go.

When Kevin’s hands slipped down on my bottom; I told him ‘no’ and he brought his hands back to the small of my back. He said, “You feel like most other girls. Have you dressed up longer than Maria indicated?”

I said, “No, I’m just doing this just for my mother and a mother/daughter event. Then it will be all over with.”

When we walked off the dance floor and he was still talking to me. “It seems like you have gone through a lot of effort to be like a girl for just one occasion.” He gave me a piece of paper and said, “Just in case you would be open to going out with me, I would like to see you again”

I said, “Thanks, I guess.”

He whispered, “You don’t seem put off by my dancing or talking with you. It would be a pity if you went this far to look like a girl then you would stop.”

The last dance was just ready to begin; when I looked for Marcy and began to approach her. Another person was there before me, but Maria grabbed Marcy with one hand and Darla with the other. Soon we were incorporated into dancing and singing together the last song. I know I relaxed and enjoyed myself unlike I regularly would. The band continued the song at least two more times with more joining in dancing and singing. And we sang the chorus two more times.

Sister Lucille the Principal of the school finally broke in and announced the dance had ended. Maria came and thanked me for coming to their dance. Dallas confessed, “Hey, thank you, Jamie. I didn’t think it would be any fun, but it was an experience that I will not forget. My friend Kevin fears that he put a scare into you, but he said, he explained he might not ever see you again. He likes you and he’d have regretted it if he didn’t tell you how he felt.”

“I don’t know what you did, but he was thankful that you treated him with respect, and he appreciated not being discounted,” Dallas explained he was not sure what Kevin meant but he hoped I would understand.

Maria gave me an extra big hug and kiss, saying she looked forward to our weekend together.


=^_^=


Marcy, my mom, and I were driving home, doing a lot of talking, when my mother suggested we all go to our house and visit downstairs away from the others. Evelyn Robins met us and the four of us went quietly into the house. I guess my mother already called home; telling them what we probably would be doing and to leave us alone.

My mother asked about how my lipstick got smeared, and I hadn’t realized it had. Had I kissed Kevin and not remembered that I had? When Marcy suggested I check myself in the girls’ room. I had insisted I didn’t need to. I guess during our last dance I was one of three girls doing the limbo dance under the waist-high pole that others held. I was told that Rose had a picture that showed how high I had raised the hem of my skirt so I’d be able to complete the dance.

I had been in gymnastics until I was ten, so my mother wasn’t surprised at my ability. I guess I didn’t do anything too awful, but it was totally unlike me as James. We were talking at home when my phone rang, and it was Kevin. I had not remembered giving him my phone number.

My mother wondered aloud if she was expecting too much out of me going to a mother/daughter event. “Maybe we should cancel the mother/daughter event for us?”

Evelyn and Marcy Robins were startled, and without hesitation, they said, “No way, he’ll handle it quite fine. You should be happy that everything is upfront.” Marcy agreed as well as Evelyn. Evelyn said, “You have the most mature son just think how well he’ll understand and be able to converse with you and other women. He will have gained a perspective that most males won’t be able to comprehend.”

My mother was grateful to hear the assurance of the others. She got back to asking about Kevin and me kissing. I said, “I think having lipstick on was different. I feel embarrassed if we kissed.”

And Marcy assured my mother that I lifted my skirt only a modest amount during the limbo dance. That when we were sitting I usually had my hands in my lap with one hand at the hem of the skirt.”

After we were home, my mother and I talked more about the evening. She said, “I was glad that Rose’s daughter suggested you and the others had this experience. I didn’t expect it to be as involved as it was. I hope Kevin didn’t cause you to become too uncomfortable.”

Mom confessed that she enjoyed talking to me like a daughter.

To be continued…

up
114 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Marcy

Dee Sylvan's picture

Jamie’s friends and family have been very supportive. I wonder if the baseball team would like to have a female 2nd baseman? The upcoming weekend with mom sounds like it will be a special time for Jamie and her mom. I’m thinking that this won’t be the last time we see Jamie. I wonder if Jamie would also accompany her mom to the upcoming ‘take your daughter to work day’? :DD

DeeDee

Marcy's enjoying James' femme side...

James is ready to give in to Marcy's wish for extra time. The idea of a take your daughter to work is good. I can't remember right now what's already in the future. I do like hearing suggestions from readers. A story can take on a life of its own.
What have you liked about the story so far?
Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

I'm liking the story so far

KateElizabethSuhr13's picture

I first saw chapter 2 and realized it seemed good so i stopped and read chapter 1 first and now chapter 2. I will say I sometimes get Marcy and Maria confused since both names are similar and if you add Monica that's 3 girls with M letter names. Otherwise I think it's really cool and looking forward to next chapters to come. Though not sure how the lipstick was smeared if he never kissed Kevin.