The Story of a Reluctant Southern Belle (17)

Printer-friendly version

There was so much on the agenda. I had to get my name legally changed, then I had to get a new driver's drivers license with my new name and gender. And that would require a trip into Vicksburg. The name change would would require a trip into Yazoo City. Then it was the matter of my Social Security card again that would require a trip into Vicksburg. And the matter of my birth certificate, that would require a trip into Ridgeland.

So there was a lot of traveling ahead of me. All of that made my head spin. But it seemed that the cotton would come first. Uncle Sidney said we could work on one thing at a time. But the remaining bits of cotton needed to be hauled in from the fields. Once it was hauled in from the fields, the fields needed to be sprayed so the cotton stalks would wither and then they would be burned so wheat or soybeans or something could be planted. Plus there was still my looming date in the town's dunking booth and the looming dinner date with the Stoners.

All of these thoughts swirled around my head as I sat in the kitchen, munching on a toasted bagel. Breakfast was light, one fried egg, one toasted bagel, and three strips of turkey bacon, with a mug of builders tea to wash it all down with. I was slowly weaning myself off coffee. And so as I sat there, sipping my cup of tea, picking at the remains of my bagel, I felt more dead than alive.

Then my Aunt Cat came storming into the kitchen. She looked like a mad woman, with her hair sticking out in all directions and her old work blouse splattered with bits of paint. I looked at her for a moment and she looked at me. No she stared at me for a long time, like this was her first time seeing me. She then snapped her fingers together.

“Hey! Hailey!” She said as she rushed toward the table and smiled as she slammed her open palms upon the table. She slammed them down with such force that the plastic salt and pepper shaker rocked around and my plate even started to shake a little.

“Good morning to you too.” I said smiling.

“How would you like to make an easy, twelve hundred dollars this morning?” She said grinning. “Cash money, paid in full, twelve one hundred dollar bills placed in the greedy palm of your teenage hands.” She said as she peered at me.

“Who would I need to murder?” I asked as I titled my head.

“No I need another live model for my newest painting. It's called 'The Los Vegas Bunny Girl' and I need a live model for my painting.” She said as she eased her bottom down in the chair in front of me. “And you're just perfect. I mean you've modeled for me before. And that painting turned out really well. Plus if you do this model job for me, I'll even give you two free prints of the painting.” Aunt Cat said as she peered across the table at me.

I blinked and blinked again.

“Did you just say bunny girl?”

“Yes, bunny girl.”

“Twelve hundred dollars?”

“Yes. Cash money. Since we still need to sort out your bank account. I mean right now your bank account is in your old name. We need to get that changed. Get you a new account in your new name. And get a new bank card issued to you using your new name as well. Also your mom and dad sent you some allowance money from Europe. They said something about staying a little longer since it seems your mom's been blessed by the Gods and won a bit more money. I think they're in Spain right now. Your dad is thinking about going to Rome to see the Pope or something.” Aunt Cat said with a shrug.

“The Pope?!” I said blinking as I nearly choked on my bagel. “Why? What has he become Catholic now?!” I said my eyes went as wide as saucer plates.

“I have no idea. Anyway they sent over around two thousand Euros. That is around twenty one hundred dollars. Paypal kept around forty dollars.” Aunt Cat shrugged her shoulders. “Anyway , back to the subject girl. You want the modeling job or not. Cause I can always get somebody else in the village to do it.” Aunt Cat said as she leaned back in her chair. “I just thought I'll offer it to you first.”

I took a deep breath. Becoming a girl had one thing, modeling for Aunt Cat had been another. But a bunny girl suit? I felt my cheeks flush with color. But, maybe there was a golden opportunity here. I'd just made a Facebook account a day or so ago under my new name of ' Hailey Sharbrough' along with an Instagram Account. And well I only had two friends, my crush, possible boyfriend George Stoner was one and my aunt Cat, who was quickly becoming like a mother too me. In fact you can say she had stepped into that role. Along with uncle Sidney who after a rocky start with me had started to become like a second father figure to me.

“Sure.” I said blushing as I looked around. “Would you mind taking a few photos of me so I could post them on my new Facebook account?” I asked

Aunt Cat blinked and blinked again and smirked a little as she leaned across the table. With nimble hands she reached down and picked up the remaining strip of turkey bacon from my plate and with a smirk she started to munch on up.

“Sure.” She said, “Trying to entice George Stoner with a little sexy cosplay?” She teased.

I blushed, giggled and reached up and moved a few strains of my hair back and tucked it behind my ear.

“I take that giggle to be a yes.” Aunt Cat said, smiling a little as she stood up and yawned.

“Okay go ahead and get a shower. I know you showered yesterday before our little ladies day out in Greenville. But you still need to shower, be sure to shave under your arms, your nether region, and your legs. And just touch up. Wash and condition your hair. Once that is done, go to your room. I'll have the outfit laying out for you. Once you put on the outfit. Just come down to my studio and I'll have you pose sexy for a few quick photos. You can then upload those photos to your Facebook account. Once that done, you'll pose for me and I'll finish my painting.”

“Sure.” I said as I stood up from the table and walked toward the kitchen sink. I ran some hot water over my plate and washed it off and then placed it in the drainboard to dry.

“I know you have a dinner date with the Stoners tomorrow.” Aunt Cat said as she watched me go about the chores.
“Right. Where to some place called 'The Cow Pen' . It's kind of a fancy looking steakhouse just outside of Greenville, on the Arkansas side.” I said as I went to leave the kitchen.

“Right. And next week you volunteered to staff the dunking booth and do the beauty pageant. So the weekend kind of tied up.” She said, taking a deep breath. “Anyway what I was driving at. Sometime next week, you and I need to make a point to travel to Yazoo City to have your name changed at the CourtHouse. Then we need to make a point to travel to Vicksburg to get your Social Card  updated.” Aunt Cat paused. “That one trip to Vicksburg. We'll need to make another trip to get your driver's license updated . I took a chance by letting you drive back home last night. I mean I feel safe if your driving one these back roads and stuff.” Aunt Cat paused at this point as if she was trying to collect her thoughts.

“Maybe even driving to Vicksburg and in Vicksburg. But not to Yazoo City or in Yazoo City.” She said with a sign. “Anyway we'll cross those bridges when we come to them.”

“You worry too much Aunt Cat.” I said smiling as I left the kitchen. “I'm sure everything is going to work out just fine. Sure Mrs. Stoner is acting like a bitch right now. But like you said, we're going to work her into a social corner. She won't know what hit her. And George, once he sees these photos. I'm sure I'll have to beat him off of me with a baseball bat.” I said giggling.

It took me around thirty minutes to shave under my arms, my legs, and to wash and condition my hair. Once that was done I toweled off and  wrapped  a towel around me and started toward my room. As I pushed open my door, I noticed that sitting on my bed was an oblong shaped box. I titled my head a little to the side, confused about what could have been in the box. Then I remembered the costume and so without giving it a second thought I lifted the top to the box and peered down.

The minute I lifted the top to the box, my breath was almost taken away. Laying in the bottom of the box was an black, faux leather leotard that seemed to almost shine in the light of my room. A pair of white cuffs. And a bunny ear headband. I carefully removed each article of clothing. Slowly I laid them out, my cheeks starting to glow as I looked over each item. The last item I picked out was a pair of faux, leather pumps.

I took a few steps backwards and peered at the items that were spread out on my bed. I'm not going to lie to you, I was starting to have second thoughts about this whole thing. But then I decided to hell with it. You only pass through this world once and you might as well make it count for something. And so I dropped my towel on the floor and took a deep breath.

And with that I started to get dressed. Without thinking I slipped on the dancing belt that smoothed out my front. A few moments later I'd managed to slip on the tight, form fitting leather leotard that seemed to hug my body. It hugged my girlish hips and highlighted my hourglass frame that was slowly starting to develop. The leotard was padded, and so once I slipped in the breast foams, it made it seem like I was a well developed girl, instead of a curvy twig.

I took a deep breath and smiled as I reached down and picked up the bunny ear headband. Smiling, I placed the headband upon my head. I then slipped on the leatherette shoes and with butterflies floating around in my tummy I started toward the full length mirror. Without thinking, I reached down and picked up my phone. And then without thinking I'd started snapping a few photos.

I snapped at least a half dozen photos. All the photos showed an amazing, stunning, alluring, and dare I say it, a sexy girl. The kind of teenager who oozes self confidence and seems to have all of her stuff together.

And so I snapped away. Finally after getting about a dozen photos, I decided to upload them to my newly created Instagram account and Facebook account. After that was done, I put my phone down and started to walk toward my aunt's studio. As I walked I made sure to switch my hips from side to side. I still need to practice walking in high heel shoes. As I reached the bottom step, I paused and peered toward the heavens. Oh what would mom and dad say now? Not only has there once timed, shy and reserved son become a girl. But a girl who just oozes self confidence and has landed herself a boyfriend. I bet they would flip their collective shit.

And so that how another chapter in my life comes to an end.

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A not-so-reluctant…….

D. Eden's picture

Southern Belle? It takes a lot of confidence to appear in that costume!

I’ve worn some pretty risqué outfits, but never anything quite that obvious, lol.

Of course, I do swim in a bikini regularly - not to mention the hot tub.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus