Learning What It Means to Be Tammy Beck Chp. 13

Printer-friendly version

Abandoned Warehouse:
Tammy, Leland, and Nyx move quietly towards the warehouse. It had taken them thirty minutes to arrive at the site. They parked a little way away from the warehouse. Nyx was dressed in her body armor and had her rifle with her.

All three of them were communicating through the earwigs they had, well in Nyx’s case. She was using the communication system of her helmet to communicate with Leland and Tammy on their earwigs.

“Do you guys hear that?” Nyx was picking up the low hum coming from the nearby transformer.

“Yeah, something is drawing a lot of power inside.” Tammy could hear the hum clearly because of her new ears. She knew Leland could as well. His supernatural hearing was amazing.

“I’m going to go and take a peek from the roof.” Nyx activates the jetpack on her armor and jumps up to the roof.

She walks around on top of the roof trying to find a way in and spots a door. She walks over to it and pulls on it and notices it was locked. She takes a small disk out of one of the pouches on her utility belt. She places it on the door handle and blows the handle through the door.

“I’m going inside.”

“Alright, we’re moving towards the building.” Tammy motions towards Leland that she was moving.

She didn’t need to move to him, because they could communicate with each other through their mate bond. Sometimes it was a blessing and other times it was a distraction. She feels Leland move and how excited he was feeling. She knew his cat was enjoying this hunt.

Nyx moves quietly as she hears the sound of machinery going on. She sends a small drone from her gauntlet out to scout around. She watches as the video comes back, showing that they were constructing additional armors to go with the one that was stolen. They were more of the design that had been floating around on the web.

“Guys, they are making additional body armor. Also, be careful with any gunfire. They have miniature missiles and….” As Nyx tries to get closer to a fuel tank “there’s canisters of Kerosene/diesel in here.”

“Isn’t kerosene used as fuel for jetpacks?” Tammy had some experience with jetpacks.

“Some of them use that type of fuel. I use Hydrogen peroxide, but it's expensive per gallon.”

“So, in other words, be extremely careful.” Tammy was hating this more and more.

“Yes. Also, the armor they were looking, for was is in there. It looks like it’s been repaired and the main weapon has been changed out.” Nyx notices the battery warning on her gauntlet, letting her know the drone was running low.

She presses the recall button and watches as the drone comes flying back to her gauntlet. She puts it back into the socket on the gauntlet to recharge. She moves to an area where she could jump down and attack.

Tammy looks over towards Leland and holds up her hand and starts counting down. She figures they could catch the guys inside with their pants down. She watches as Leland nods his head and changes into his hybrid form.

“Are you guys ready?” Nyx was about to make her move.

“We’re ready. Let’s move on to the count of three.”

“Alright, 1,2,3!” Nyx jumps down from where she is and points her weapon at everyone.

Tammy and Leland break-in from the front of the warehouse. Leland lets out a growl and had his claw extended and Tammy had her handguns out and pointed at the men.

“You clowns have made a mistake.” Jason Bush looks at the three people who have been tracking him down.

He’s been keeping tabs on them because he knew taking the armor would draw law enforcement. That’s why he had a backup plan in place
“you guys have two choices. You can arrest me or some poor souls are going to die. What’s it going to be?” Jason looks at all three of their uninvited guests.

Tammy communicates to Leland mentally “is he bluffing or telling a lie?”

“No, he isn’t.” Leland was pissed because he wanted this person.

Tammy looks at Nyx and wishes she could communicate with her mentally as well. She wants to know what she was thinking and doing under
that helmet of hers.

“Let’s back off, Tammy.” Nyx did a scan and discovered the device Mr. Bush had in his hand. It had a two-way signal going between it and the explosive device.

“Are you sure?” Tammy wanted to make sure.

“That device has a two signal and I’m guessing, if it is disrupted, it will cause the device to go off.” Nyx transmits the information to Tammy and Leland.

Tammy was fighting the urge to not act. She could feel that Leland felt the same way.

“What’s it going to be, people. Are we going to fight it out and you let several people die? Or are you going to leave, now?”

“And let you kill those people anyway?”

“I’ll give you a chance to save them. All you have to do is leave.” Jason looks at them.

“Fine! You win.” Tammy didn’t like this, but what choice did she have.

Nyx slips two devices into her gloved hand. She waits until Tammy gives the word before acting.

“Let’s go, before I change my mind.” Tammy turns to leave, after looking at Leland to rip the information from Jason’s mind.

An evil smile appears on Leland’s face as he dives right into Jason Bush’s mind and rips the information from him. He makes sure he isn’t nice as he takes the information from him.

“Now!” Tammy causes a distraction to draw the other guys to her.

While Tammy is busy with the other men there. Nyx makes her move and plants one of her devices on the armor they came to stop. A cloud of smoke fills the area concealing her next move. While Leland and Tammy keep everyone busy, she uses the concealment of the smoke to access the data port on the armor and hack the security system. She attaches the second device she was holding and uploads a nasty virus into the system.

She hopes the virus will spread to the other armors and hope that Jason Bush doesn’t find it. She disconnects the device from the armor. She strikes out at one of the guys and pushes past them.

“Mission accomplished.” Nyx sends it to Leland and Tammy.

Tammy looks over towards Leland and nods her head. She allows herself to be struck and falls backward. She is caught by Leland as they run away from the warehouse.

up
114 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sometime you have to bluff

Samantha Heart's picture

And in this case it was & it wasn't Leland & Tammy create a distraction Nyx uses a smoke screen & does what they came to do.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Oh, that had to hurt

Jamie Lee's picture

Having someone suddenly jump into your mind and rip out information had to hurt like the dickens. Wonder if Jason remembered aspirin?

If the armor Jason has is untouched or damaged, he might not consider anything wrong with the programming. Which is why Nyx didn't damage it. Jason is bent on revenge, boosting his ego, so it isn't likely he'd think to scan the programming.

Wonder what type of virus Nyx planted? Mayne one that had a timer to cut off the jetpack after reaching a certain altitude, speed, or so long after the jetpack were activated?

Others have feelings too.