Learning What It Means to Be Tammy Beck Chp. 11

Printer-friendly version

Nyx’s Hotel room:
Nyx just fell asleep a couple of hours ago. She had stayed up talking with Sabrina and learned a few things about Hawk Innovations. One of their top engineers named Jason Bush who helped design the power armor unit had been fired from the company. He stole the blueprints to the armor and was using the working model as a demonstration of what it could do.

According to the security footage she got back from her friend. A guy by the name of Keith Lupin IV was the one responsible for the thief of the armor. He was known among the underground as being able to steal anything hi-tech. He was wanted in several countries for stealing one-of-a-kind projects or vehicles.

He once stole an aircraft from the Chinese military and sold it to a collector that had hired him. He was known to be able to get anything for the right price. He was also hard to catch and slippery as well.

She had set her alarm clock for noontime. She sent a text message early this morning to Leland and Tammy informing them what she found out. Also, she might have a clue where the armor might be. During her research, she finds out that there is a warehouse where Jason Bush might be hiding out and making repairs to the armor.

She needs to confirm if the address she had was correct. According to the history of the place, Mr. Bush’s uncle owned the building, and he once had a thriving business there. However, due to situations that Bush’s uncle couldn’t control. He was forced to close the company.

Leland’s and Tammy’s Place:
Tammy wakes up and feels Leland laying on top of her body. She was straddling a body pillow, while Leland was laying on her back on the floor. His cat came out last night and wanted to have fun with her. Her shoulder had teeth marks where he bite her, while he mounted her.

She spots her cellphone laying nearby and reaches for it. She didn’t want to wake Leland. She looks at the screen and notices she got a message from an old street racer friend of hers named Teeny. She had given a mutual friend of theirs, that she wanted to talk with her.

She dials the number Teeny sent to her. She wasn’t going to push Leland off her body.

Cooter’s Garage:
Teeny was sitting on her mechanic's chair as she replaced the rotor and brake pads. Whoever this car belonged to; they rode the damn brakes. She hated when people did that

As she was putting everything back together, her cellphone starts playing the theme song to the Dukes of Hazzard. She picks her cellphone up to look at who was calling her. She notices it was her friend Tammy. A smile appears on her face as she answers “crazy Cooter here. What can I do for you?”

“Hey, Teeny. So, what did you find out?” Tammy figures Teeny would know if anything was stolen from Ted Albright. She knew most of the chop shops around.

“Good morning to you as well, Tammy.”

“Sorry, Teeny. Good morning to you. So, what have you found out about that SUV I texted you about?” Tammy knew how Teeny was.

“Well, no one around that I know stole the SUV you inquired about. None of the chop shops has seen it. But I did learn that it had some work done at a shop that specializes in certain upgrades.” Teeny knew the person who did the special upgrades.

“Can you give me the name of the place and who did the work?” Tammy switches her screen over to note pad.

“Sure, the name of the place is called The Pit and the person you want is Dick Rollie. He did the work on the vehicle. Also, as I said, the vehicle wasn’t stolen.”

“But DMV said it was reported as stolen.” Tammy knew because she was there with Leland.

“They switched out the VIN. The SUV you are looking for has a different vin.” Teeny knew how the game was played.

“Great. Thanks for helping me. How about we get together for lunch sometime this week?”

“As long as you are buying.” Teeny hasn’t seen Tammy in months, since she left for some type of special training.

“Deal. I’ll call you for the location where we can meet.”

“Okay.” Teeny ends the call.

Tammy slides out from under Leland’s body and heads towards the bathroom. She does her morning business and takes a shower. She figures Leland is going to be asleep for a while.

After she is done with her shower and slipping on a pair of shorts and a faux leather corset. She runs a brush through her long hair and ties it back into a ponytail. She knew Leland was going to be hungry when he did finally wake up.

She walks into the kitchen and starts fixing some breakfast for her and Leland. Nyx informed them that she was going to be sleeping this morning. She had sent the text early this morning, while they were asleep.

Tammy starts cooking some breakfast for her and Leland. Since Leland was a big meat eater, she cooks up some of the fresh bratwursts. She also cooks up some hash and eggs as well.

“Mmmm, something smells wonderful in here.” Leland comes walking into the kitchen.

He was wearing just a pair of boxers. His chiseled chest was hairless, and his muscles were well defined.

“I’m glad you are you.” Tammy looks at her husband and her hormones increase just from looking at him.

An evil smile appears on Leland’s face because he could smell the arousal coming from Tammy. Not only could he smell how aroused she was, but he felt how she felt as well.

“Me too. I heard you talking this morning. What did Nyx find out?” Leland sits down at the counter.

“It wasn’t Nyx, but an old friend of mine named Teeny. She said that we got played by Mr. Albright. The SUV he said that was stolen, wasn’t the true SUV. They swap the VINs.”

“How does she know that?”

“Because it had some work done at a place called The Pit.” Tammy starts brewing some coffee for herself and Leland.

“I guess we are going to need to visit the place and see what we can find out.” Leland watches Tammy as she moves around the kitchen.

“Don’t forget, we need to talk with Nyx as well.” Tammy eats a piece of bacon she cooked.

“I haven’t forgotten. Did you talk with Gina yet?” Leland knew Gina Bounty had something going on.

“No, not yet. She said to call her back in a few days. The situation with Julia has been handled, but there were still things going on. I feel sorry
for whoever pissed the Bounty family off.”

“Not me. Everything I have learned about that family and their father. You don’t want someone that connected or dangerous to be on your bad side.” Leland has been hearing rumors lately about changes going on in the supernatural community.

Tammy serves Leland some breakfast.

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Someone is in trouble

Samantha Heart's picture

For giving false information. Leland and Tammy WILL find them & get the info they want. It's going to happen & the armor WILL be recovered.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Don't spit into the wind, don't tug on Superman's cape

Jamie Lee's picture

Albright is in one mell of a hess. He lied to Tammy and Leland and that will warrant a different kind of return visit.

They are so right about angering the Bounty family. The person, or persons, doing that might as well jump off a cliff, their death would be much quicker than if the Bounty's catch them.

Others have feelings too.