Learning What It Means to Be Tammy Beck Chp. 5

Printer-friendly version

Tammy and Leland were sitting on the sectional in the living room watching a television show. Leland was naked and was just wearing a pair of boxers. Tammy was curled up next to him and was wearing an oversized black t-shirt that had a smiley face on it with a bullet hole above the eyes. She wasn’t wearing any panties or a bra.

She loved having Leland’s arm wrapped around her shoulder, as she leaned against him. The television show they were watching was a cooking competition. Tammy learned that Leland loved cooking shows and cooking games like Guy’s grocery games and a few other shows.

She didn’t mind, because he put up with her watching shooting competition shows and a few law enforcement shows she liked. Her favorite was the SWAT television show and the movie with Samuel L Jackson in it.

“There hasn’t been any news about the firefight.” Tammy was surprised by the lack of news.

“Do you always go looking for trouble?” Leland looks at his wife.

“No, it seems to be able to find me. If you’re talking about that assignment I did in India. That was a revenge and mission statement. Britney's parents went too far.” Tammy learned a lot about Kat’s family.

That mission was scary and very violent. She knew she was very lucky that she had her hard armor on that day. If she hadn’t been wearing the armor, she would be dead right now.

“What am I going to do with you?” Leland places a kiss on Tammy’s cheek.

“Just keep loving me as you do.” Tammy returns the kiss.

Tammy looks at the clock and notices it was getting close to when they normally eat dinner. She didn’t want to leave Leland’s side, but she would need to.

“I’m going to go and fix us some dinner. Is there anything you want?” Tammy looks at her husband’s face.

“How about, instead of you fixing dinner. I’ll order out for us, instead?” Leland could feel that Tammy didn’t want to make dinner.

“You know, that is a very good idea. Also, let me guess, you’re going to order from the Golden Tiger?” Tammy knew Leland loved the Golden Tiger because the owner was a friend of his.

A big smile appears on Leland’s face. He knew Tammy has figured him out by now.” You're getting good at remembering what I like and such.”

“Well, it does help we are telepathically linked and that I know everything about you.” Tammy had a big ole smile on her face.

“Yeah, that does help.” A smile appears on Leland’s face.

Leland reaches for his cellphone and texts an order to Golden Tiger. That was the reason he loved the place. Their computer system allowed for texts message orders. He had a normal order he normally got whenever he ordered. He knew Tammy’s favorite food as well.

Tammy snuggles closer to Leland’s warm body. She noticed that he tends to run a little warmer than most men. She also figures it was the werecat genes in his DNA.

“Getting comfortable?” Leland looks at Tammy.

“Yes.” Tammy had a smile on her face.

Spare Bedroom:
Nyx slowly wakes up. She felt something pressing against her chest. She looks down and notices that her chest was wrapped. Where she got hit, felt numb. She looks around the room she was in and notices it was someone’s guest room.

She saw her bodysuit hanging over the back of a chair. She also noticed her body armor was on some sort of a stand. She saw the big hole in the middle of her chest armor. She was surprised that she survived the explosion to her chest. She knew the weapon used against her was experimental but didn’t realize it was so powerful.

She looks for her cellphone but doesn’t see it. She gets up and stumbles over to her helmet and puts it on.

“Computer, give me my current location.”

“Your current location is 3525 Clam Dig Road, Los Angeles, California.” A computerized female voice answers back.

“Show me what happened after I was hit.” Nyx knew her body armor kept recording after she is knocked unconscious.

She built her body armor to record everything after she got struck by lightning when she was younger. The only record she had of what
happened to her, was from what her mother had told her. So, from then on. She built a self-recording computer system in her body armor. That way, if she got hurt. She could go back over and see how she could prevent it from happening again.

She watches as a blonde hair woman fired at the other armor. She saw that her bullets bounced off the armor she had fought. The next thing she saw, was the blonde hair woman firing at the main weapon of the other armor. She watched as the weapon exploded from being hit.

“How did she do that?” Nyx was surprised at how the woman managed to destroy the other weapon that took her out.

Nyx keeps watching as the person and some humanoid cat person help move her unconscious form around. She couldn’t believe that what she was seeing. She heard rumors about beings like what she was seeing but thought they were just myths.

The HUD system alerts her that a person was coming towards the bedroom. She takes the helmet off and places it back where it was. Afterward, she lays back down in the bed and waits for whoever it was.

Tammy had decided to go and check on their guest. Leland informed her, that the food should be delivered soon. She opens the door to the guest room and steps inside. She walks over to the person laying on the bed.

“Let’s see how you are doing,” Tammy mumbles a few words her teacher taught her.

She feels her hand tingle as the mystical energies respond to her. She feels that the condition of the person was responding to the healing herbs she applied. She also feels that the person was awake.

“You can stop faking, your asleep.” Tammy removes her hand from the person’s chest.

Nyx opens her eyes and looks up at the blonde-haired woman. How did she know she was faking it. She also noticed the lady was wearing nothing but an oversized black t-shirt with a smiley face with a bullet hole above the eyes.

“Thanks for saving me. I do have one question for you, why?” Nyx watches the woman’s facial expression.

“Why? Well, for one thing. You were injured and needed medical help. Secondly, trouble just follows me around. So, it's natural for me to help a person.”

“Well, thank you.” Nyx didn’t want to let on that she knew a little more.

“Look, it's none of my business, but why were you going after the other armor?” Tammy was curious.

Nyx sits up carefully in bed “in the wrong hands, it's very dangerous. Plus, no one else there was capable of stopping it.”

“And you are?” Tammy looks at Nyx with a questionable look on her face.

“Yes, I’m familiar with how that suit of body armor was designed and built. Also, there aren’t very many people who know about hi-tech body armor.

“Well, if you're hungry. My husband has some food being delivered. So, if you are up to it. Come on downstairs with me.”

“Alright.” Nyx stands up off the bed.

Tammy escorts Nyx downstairs to the living room.

up
131 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tammy & Nyx

Samantha Heart's picture

They both have something to talk about & between the 3 of them they can figure out maybe how to stop the hunters & HSL.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.