No son of mine

Printer-friendly version

"I'm telling you no son of mine is gonna go in front of our family in a dress no you better change right now" my dad said.

"But dad, the entire family is here and none of them know" I said panicking.

"Do I look like I care about that? Now hush up and get dressed" He said as he walked out of my room.

I took a deep breath and then started to get out of my dress. Then the panty hose and then the bra then my wig I had bought just for this day. After that off came the makeup and I was now ready to face my fate.

I walked over to my normal clothes and picked out a pair of good jeans, my cowboy boots and a Lynard Skynard Shirt followed by a flannel overshirt, after binding down the girls I got dressed.

I looked in my mirror and sighed.
"I hope you're right old man" I said walking out into the hall and down the stairs. All these people were right outside. Kids were running around, all the folks talking and cutting up, music was playing and people were playing corn hole or football and beer was flowing freely. it was a beautiful spring day.

I took a deep breath and stepped outside and walked towards dad and mom who were standing on the small stage where their church band was sitting up for the show later.

There had to be over three hundred people there "perks of having fourteen aunts and uncles along with other extended family".

I got some looks as I walked to the stage and then climbed up on it.
Dad and mom smiled as I walked over to them next to the microphone. Dad waved and the music coming from the speakers died down.

"Everyone I have an announcement to make." He said over the microphone and the place got quite.

"I know you've all noticed some things over the last two months, some of you already know and some of you don't.".

"As you all know I have six sons and five daughters. Well as it turns out I don't have six sons, I have seven. This is James, you all knew him as my daughter Jessica but as you can see he is now my son and if you have a problem with that you can take it up with me" dad said placing his arm around me and pulling me to his side.

"Hey everybody" I said nervous as hell.
There were a few looks but several people started clapping.

"Told you it'd be alright boy" dad said lightly punching my shoulder as he and mom walked off the stage.

"Well hell I guess I bought that dress for nothing" I laughed to myself.

up
147 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cute One...

But 300 family members -- that sounds scary even if you're not transitioning.

Eric

I know right...

kayla don's picture

My mom is the oldest of ten and my dad was number four of fourteen. And it can be hard keeping up with whose who.

Even my greatgrandparents only had 8-10 siblings

In one case all of the boys became land surveyors and all the girls married land surveyors.

With that many cousins finding someone who wants the dress shouldn't be difficult. Perhaps one of the male cousins?

Nice twist :)

The title reminded me of my story "No Son of Mine is Going Out Dressed Like That".

Gender dysphoria

Goes both ways.

300 sounds about right.

NoraAdrienne's picture

My crew all together is 20, add in my married cousins and their kids... about 150. Then go to the Cohen side of the house and add in another roughly 100 give or take few since we lost touch with part of them years ago.

lovely!

nice one!

DogSig.png