A dose of reality.

Printer-friendly version

A dose of reality

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
That bastard! I thought as tears streamed down my cheeks.

After fifteen years of marriage I..I ...

"Its ok Olivia, I understand what you're going through men are pigs and I tried to tell you Jake is no different" my friend Melissa consoled me.

It's true she had tried to warn me, Jake although not the biggest guy in our school had been a triple letter, football, basketball and wrestling.

He could have had any girl in the school and why he chose me I never understood, the geeky nerd who spent most her time playing D&D or reading comics.

We had been together since we left high school. Jake had dreamed of owning his own business and although it was a struggle and I had to help him a few times by working extra shifts at the restaurant we were able to use his IT degree and make a pretty successful commercial networking firm.

We seemed so happy, ho.....how could he do this to me? I sobbed into my friends shoulder.

She started to rub my back, and this brought back old desires and feelings.
Back in high school me and Melissa had an on off lesbian relationship.

She started nibbling my ear.
I almost let myself go but I pushed away.

"I'm sorry Melissa I can't...." I wiped the tears from my eyes.
She bit her lip but nodded her head.

I know she still had feelings for me, but my heart no matter how broken at the moment still belonged to my husband.

"Look I know you love him but he hurt you and he deserves to pay, same as his little home wrecker there" Melissa said as she sipped her coffee.

"I know but to do what you're wanting to do it just seems.....

"Look I know three other women who were able to rein in their unfaithful hubby's and this will work I promise" Melissa seemed excited to go through with this.

I looked at the photos one more time.
I was angered but I still love him.

"Ok what do I need to do"?
-------------------

I was sitting in a car with Melissa as we watched Jake walk to his truck.
She had arranged for him to be kidnapped....I hate that word.

I knew what I was doing was wrong but at the time I had no idea how to back out.
Melissa is a very angry woman when it comes to men.

She gets it from her mother, although I'm pretty sure Melissa herself has never had anything bad happen to her, her mother had been severely mistreated over the years.

Melissa is a good person but at the moment I was afraid this was too much even for me to put up with.

But we had already dug the hole, melissa had already paid the money and set up everything and on a personal level I was also angry over what my husband had been doing behind my back and a part of me wanted him to be humiliated just as he had humiliated me.

So I sat and watched, I watched as the decoy a young blonde girl I had never met walked up to ask directions, and then I watched as the other two both men walked up behind him and knocked him out.

I sat in silance as we drove to the small hotel room we had rented under false names.

We walked in and Jake had already been tied to a chair. Melissa thanked the trio and they left now it was up to us to strip him down

Shave him and dress him in the clothes Millisa had picked out.
While we were almost done there was a knock on the door.

Melissa opened it and the trio of kidnappers came in with the woman my husband had been seeing behind my back.

She was unconscious but wouldn't be for long.
After all was said and done it was time to wake them.

We tied Jake back up and then decided to wake him up first.
He was wearing a hot pink negligee, complete with high heels, make up and a wig, she was stripped down naked and handcuffed to the bed.

Our plan was to leave the two of them there with no clothes or money that way they would have to walk in public and suffer some much deserved humiliation.

I stood and watched as Melissa placed the smelling salts under Jakes nose.
My husband came to with a start.

His mouth was taped shut,"Welcome back you cheating bastard" Melissa laughed as he focused on her.

My husband had never really liked Melissa, she made it very clear she dislikes men and he only put up with her cause she was my friend.

He looked around and his eyes got big as he saw how he was dressed, he started to thrash around and try to pull free.

"Its no use sweetie you are aren't going to break those ropes" she said.

He thrashed and thrashed, and then something happened we weren't expecting.
The old hotel chairs arms broke off.

Melissa went to grab him but he pushed up with his legs that weren't tied up that we and pushed her down.
I stepped back not knowing what to do as he smashed the rest of the old chair and got one of his hands free before undoingthe other knot and pullingthe tape off his mouth.

This whole thing lasted only a few seconds,
Melissa stood up and took a fighting stance.

"Jake you know im a black belt, if you don't settle down I'll beat you into submission" she said.

"Fuck you" he growled.
Melissa lunged and grabbed jake, then jake head butted her in the nose and during that split second he caught her with a hay maker right to the fore head knocking her out cold.

He was breathing heavily and looking down at her motionless body. I was backed into a corner and felt like my lungs couldn't take in air.

He looked at me, slowly walked over tripping slightly in the heels till he was right there in my face.
"What the fuck, is going on here"? He asked.

"I know you're cheating on me" I said with a shakey voice. I had never seen this side of my husband, he has always been gentle and kind.

He laughed, looked away and then punched the wall beside my head leaving a fist sized hole.

I yelped and dropped to the floor balling myself up preparing for a blow.

"I have never, cheated on you" he said looking down on me.

"For fifteen years I have been nothing but loyal to you, I have never stopped being grateful for you or the help you gave me over the years hell i have pretty much WORSHIPED the groundyou walk on" I looked up and saw tears running down his cheeks.

"Then what about her"? I asked?

"She's a dance instructor" he said.

I looked at him. "You've always wanted to go ball room dancing but I've never been good at dancing " he looked at the woman in the other chair.

"I was going to suprise you for our anniversary, so for the last few months in the evenings I've been learning" he walked over and started to untie her.

"I...the other day was a test, to see if I was good enough to do it in public " he was looking at some of the pictures on the bed, the first one being him and her dancing in a lovely ball room both dressed for the occasion her in a black gown and he in a tux.

This whole time I stayed in the corner, I couldn't believe I had been so stupid.

Jake walked over to me and knelt down.
I winced and closed my eyes.
I felt him pull me into a hug .

"We are going to take her home, then we need to have a talk.....I am super pissed right but I am willing to forgive you on the condition I never see that bitch near you again" he said motioning towards Melissa who was now groaning on the floor.

"I have a feeling she had something tk do with this shit" he said.

I nodded and he helped me up,we left Melissa there and I haven't seen her since, she has tried to call but I made a promise.

Jake seems to have forgiven me in the months since my mistake but I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself for what I did.

Heather the dance teacher was extremely pissed and it took a lot of convincing for her not to press charges against us, part of her agreement was even though Jake was done with her classes he would be paying her like he was still attending pretty much from now on, and that she had the right to slap me as hard as she can one time at any time she chooses, its been four months and she hasn't yet but I randomly meet her in places like the grocery store, or the gym at community events, I think she really enjoys the mental games she's been playing but thats a small price for me to pay.

I know I messed up, I know I deserve to be punished but I also know I can't survive in prison.

Jake made it very clear to Melissa that if she ever showed her face again he would press charges, jake had plenty of evidence against her and I promised to testify against her if it ever came down to that.

All and all I believe I came away from this lightly, be careful people, fantasy is fun and all but sometimes you might just get slapped with a dose of reality.

----------------

This is just something that came to mind while reading a very ridiculous story on FM.

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

she got off lightly

the girl could lay kidnapping charges, and sue for emotional trauma to boot.

DogSig.png

A dose of reality

Very good, a shot of sanity. It would be nice if they could get Melissa without affecting Olivia and him. On the other hand never seeing her again might be sufficient.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Fantasy is *not* reality

Reality has *Real* consequences, fantasy (usually) doesn't. Fantasizing about something is one thing, carrying out a fantasy in *Real Life* has consequences which can last a *lifetime*. And those consequences can be *Life Destroying*. Ask anyone sentenced to *life* in prison, or any person with a felony conviction about what they *Can't Legally Do or Be* due to said conviction- for example, can't Vote in *any* village, city, county, state or federal election.