Vantier a Whateley Tale chapter 20: encroaching shadows!

Printer-friendly version

Vantier a Whateley Tale.....Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to find her place in it.

He is saved from the death of his race and planet....to start all over again....but can she survive?
A human high school and being a teenager? Will she remember what was? And grow in power?

This Chapter---dealing with life's issues and a hidden danger GROWS!!
dun dun daaaaa!!!!!!

Well its been 2 years since I posted a chapter....so I guess its time?

I have to tell you this, switching from writing a crazy Drow to a level headed older GOO is not easy!---lol

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

New York City

Here I was walking down a very deserted, still dark before sunrise street on my way to the construction lot, over the last few weeks I came here to rest up to refill my life energy after I gave Maddy and Tim most of my energy for Tim's continuing need during his very quickened growth back to an adult. Right now Tim was still a quickly growing baby within Maddy and several weeks away from being reborn as one of my kind. A lesser one he might be, but still one of mine and the first one to this rebirth of my race here!

Unfortunately for Maddy, she was huge because most of Tim's re-growth happened in the first two weeks of this short pregnancy and the rest of his time until his rebirth was for the most part polishing what had already happened and making sure he was coming along the right path form one of my kind. Yes that is right I could mess up badly and unleash a GOO like monster on this world next month, so I still had to be very careful!

Right now Maddy was resting in what was my bedroom, I had always considered Becky' bed mine and my room was just for show. Somedays Maddy would spend in her own place at the end of our row of townhomes with a very powerful glamour spell I had woven over her that made anyone seeing think she was normal even with a huge baby bump showing within just a few weeks instead of the normal months!

But the biggest change in my life recently came in a small package called Tessa, she was just a child. Who was reborn from a full grown human man to a E'draqvar girl child or Succubus as humans call them. Tessa's rebirth was accomplished with her lovers need to save her love's life and it seems a whole lot of my accidental help. Then lastly and more importantly add, that this small girl is one of the Unseelie or Dark Fae Court Royals!

Tessa is something that I will have to deal with over the coming months, maybe years and I am afraid this will get far worse than better with her own kind trying to kill the child and that death would certainly start a war of the Dark VS Light Fae court, one that will be very messy at the least!

I had to sigh silently, "I helped Tessa's mother or lover with her rebirth by accident and 'O-boy' has that very small act on my part complicated life!" One that needed my protections and even the protection that my own school provided for now. Somehow I would settle all the conflict flying around her and acquire this young one on a good start in her new life.

Thinking on the rest of my life at Whateley, it was working out for the better. I became a quick friend of what I mistook for an agent of death that might be seeking me out and she or Melanie was her name. Was quite the sight to see, with her always trending towards black and purple Lolita fashion all wrapped around an Asian HUGE halberd or axe toting small girl!

Then add Lille Skygge the cottage baby dragon, I loved talking with her all the time. Mostly because as on of the dragon kind, she understood most of what I do about the universe! You might ask why or how Lille knows so much being such a young age, she had inherited all the life knowledge of her predecessors! I loved that she was always up for a game of magical chess, where each move became a personal fight to cast the correct spell fast or powerful enough to make it even happen or you surrendered the move as a penalty!

The last two cottage mates that I became close with were the twin Drow, they seemed to know me as a being to be trusted and took to the rest of our small group instantly. Now the rest of Poe cottage? Well they were the biggest mixed bag I had ever encountered during my long life and would be a handful of fun for years to come!

For right now all I am concerned with in life is getting to the construction site with four boxes full of fresh donuts for the crew and maybe they will have brought me one more poor soul to fix up. Last week was a guy who had both legs nearly crushed at his last job and could barely walk or stand. I fixed him right up, but while I did so I noted the world's rules regarding my GOO kind being stretched by the act...but not broken!

I turned the next corner and right away spotted a disheveled man dressed in a thick long coat and jeans sitting a few stoops down from me. He instantly glanced my way when he heard my footsteps, that is when I felt and watched a wave of anger flow my way from him, intermixed in that wave of feeling was confusion...drug addled confusion!

I sighed as I took them all in...the feelings mostly for now, "This poor guy is high and does not look too friendly to me right now,"

As I came closer, he stood up and took a few steps off the townhome's stoop into my path, "Got any cash to donate?" he asked in a scratchy gravely voice and coughed into his hand. I cold smell that he was not taking care of himself well and I could see various types of diseases ravaging his body too. He was shorter than normal, very thin and in very bad health, without any help this man was going no be very dead very soon...maybe only a year at best!

"I might have one dollar and__few loose coins?" I pondered what I did indeed have right now, because sometimes Becky put some extra cash in my bag form time to time without me knowing!

I put the stack of boxes down on the wide railings of the nearby stoop and unzipped my messenger bag, then pulled at my wallet, "I have a buck and thirty cents___that will help?"

He noticed the rest of the cash in my wallet, "And all that?" he asked boldly.

"Well most of that is the guys change from the donuts, then the twenty is what Becky says I should have just in case and never spend it till I really need it." I explained while starting to hand him the small change I did have to give.

"I don't know any damn Becky and I want all of that!" he demanded while nodding towards my wallet and I saw waves of anger, rage, pure hate flow off him aimed right at me!

"Becky...she takes care of me and guides me in life," I stated with pride.

"Well Becky is not here right now, so give that to me!" he demanded and pulled a knife from his coat sleeve and aimed it to my gut while his other hand shot out at grabbing my wallet.

"NO!" I yelled at him snatching both the money I was willing to part with and wallet back for now, "I can give you what I can and you will have to live with JUST that as best you can!" I said re-extending that hand and that small amount of cash towards him.

He leapt forward with right hand shooting out and stabbed right into my guts. Then his left hand grabbed the money I had just willingly offered. "Now the rest!" he shouted at my face while pulling the knife from my gut and quickly sticking it into my chest a few times for good measure.

I stepped back from his attacks as fresh rage flowed off him and mine feed back into it swiftly developing into one huge growing loop between us! "Give me the rest!" he demanded as my projective rage emotion feed onto his. This was just one issue I had sometimes now in this new life, I felt others emotions and feed it back to them with even more added and then back to me...a viscous feedback loop!

"You just ruined my shirt!" I finally yelled, shocking him that I was so calm about being stabbed and seemed not to even care that I 'should' be hurt very badly right now, with the several stabs he had made now showing on my shirt in darkening blood.

"Give me that..." he barked at my face once again, while his free hand starting snatching at my wallet once more and I pulled it back quickly from his grasp. With the wallet now out of reach "heck die!" he howled reacting to my act and slitting my neck in one smooth motion with the knife.

My silverish blood flowed like water and it lit up the sidewalk with tiny sparks as it spotted the sidewalk at my feet, then quickly turned an icky black mess, "Now my shirt is ruined, the holes I could have lived with or patched...but this mess!" I raged out dropping my wallet and then slapping both of my hands to the sides of his head!

"Attack me while I am trying to be nice to you, well for that...you are mine now!" I commanded while placing those very thoughts right into his head, it was either doing this mental realignment on his brain or rip him apart and kill him because I was just that furious right now!

As I reworked his minds internal wiring more than a just a little bit and while part of myself was continuing with that part of my task to fix this man. Another part of me felt out past him for links to the world beyond, it took some time to check and recheck but I found that he had no existing links to any GOO or god like being on this world and was a 'free to take or influence' person to me a 'GOO' or any other god-ish beings that might care. I finally finished off all any mental retuning that needed to done, my powers cleaned away all the mental cobwebs clouding his thoughts from years that excessive heavy drug usage does to a human body and mind, the damage was immense to say the least. Then all that was left for last, I fixed up the rest of his physical aliments...now he was in perfect bodily health, even better than an Olympic athlete!

"Well now that's better," I smiled to him while examining my work, he was no longer thin and in very poor health. Heck I might have over done my repairs and added an inch or two to his height!

"What do you wish Mistress?" he questioned as the brain I had just reprogrammed and body I fixed up became aware of the world once again.

"Humm well Rick or Mr. Hunter, you have been wasting your life and that fine four year degree___ economics you have, then add all the time you spent as a well paid stock annalist and a very rich one until the drugs you partied with ruined your life!" I barked at him.

As he hanged his head in shame, "Yes Mistress, I have destroyed my life and a family too," he admitted meekly, "But I am better now thanks to you."

I sighed out long and hard because I was very angry with this man, "Yes and now you are going to go get cleaned up, find work and rebuild that life of yours. When you have accomplished all of that, maybe you can find that family and repay them for your past misdeeds." My voice gained some harshness to show him that I meant business! "but in any case you belong to me, you forfeited that life, your past freedom when you tried to kill me and since all have abandoned you...you are mine for life and beyond."

"I understand and will do as you say," he nodded to me.

"Ohh you certainly will!" I reminded him while I picked up my boxes of treats, "ohhh and I will be keeping an eye on you to see what you do or don't do!" I said tapping my head telling him that I was inside his mind there, all the time from now on!

~o~O~o~

Over in Germany deep under the city of Berlin

For weeks, for the most part months Mia had been sneaking into the vast underground complex finding places that the research team that she head in the past had not found yet. Weeks ago the company running this team had fired her and replaced her with what was in her opinion a stupid underling and a suck up!

Over those several long weeks, she had explored all the deep tunnels around the vault containing what she was told was a GOO and she wanted to finish her work at opening this vault! Only a three or so weeks back her search had found a sealed room full of all the documents that the Nazi's had left behind and one of the files she has read had a startling discovery or admission.

Not all trains wound up in the camps

That's right the Nazi's fed that creature down there in the deep hole with prisoners and by her count it was in the tens of thousands or more! Even with that mass of life force for it to feed on, it was slow going towards the goal of healing the GOO and towards wars end was harder and harder to accomplish for the Nazi project leadership. So the Nazi scientists had pipes run into the vault and had just began feeding the GOO new life force via a slurry of vat grown algae and artificially grown meat proteins that were 'life' in the most basic sense.

She nearly laughed at the fortuitous timing of this discovery among the Nazi's notes, because Mia had just resigned from a project to make a vastly improved artificially grown meat proteins with her skills in DNA sequencing and splicing to transferring over and taking this job on opening the vault!

So she took the now refound Nazi leftovers, improved the whole process a thousand fold with seventy-five years of scientific progress backing her and hired a few dozen men, goons or what have ya to make repairs on the enormous system and add on her own improvements. The men that did all the work for her? So what if she conveniently sent them all to their deaths inside the vault itself on what should have been their big payday!

Today was ending week number two for the revamped feeding system running at full tilt and who knew when it would get done and the GOO reawaked. But Mia sensed for some reason that day was close, maybe only a year or a few months away at best!

Mia smiled as she checked the display's for controlling the huge growing vats of foul smelling slurry that lived in the most basic of sense until they were piped into the vault and turned instantly to ash as the GOO fed, "Soon I will meet you personally and we will make the world change!"

~o~O~o~

Back in New York City

Just around the next corner was the huge construction project I was headed to, this building covered nearly three city blocks and would top out at over one hundred stories. Most of the lower building was high end office space, then about a third was high rise apartments for the rich.

What I personally loved was the very bottom three floors that would eventually house a small mall area and an enclosed park with play area, plus a day care center for the building. Those three stories would be very open for the most part and nearly a full three story atrium across the whole bottom with only the outer walls making up a ring of shops and the play area, plus day care at the center.

When the guys working here showed me the plans and artful drawings, something struck me right then, 'This has to be elves making or funding this!' with all the plantings on the bottom floor and one more in building an atrium higher up on about floor seventy-five! It all made sense that the Fae would be hiding amongst the humans, blending in and creating buildings just like this.

Once I arrived at the massive building site, most of the construction guys I knew were just arriving and I knew that Bart the crane operator and first man I meet here weeks ago was already up top on the highest floor.

"Heya guys_ here and I brought the donuts you all paid for!" I smiled lifting the stack of boxes for them all to see.

"Great Ky and you missed 'I am' on that last greeting and we have someone up top for you to help today I hope?" Dave the crew lead told me my small mistake and asked for my help once again.

"We can see, you do know my healing power does have its limits?" I stated and asked, he nodded back holding the construction elevator door open for me.

"Yes we do know, too bad that Sam's cancer was beyond your help. But at least you took most of his pain away." Dave said and I could feel the sadness grow inside him, so my shield to the outside world's emotions slammed up!

"I happens Dave," I cringed still feeling that sad emotion.

Once at the top floor Dave held the door for my again and the car filled with workers made space for me to get out nearly first, "Thanks guys!" I said dropping the stack of boxes on the table and then opening each one to the waiting hungry bunch.

With the stack of boxes no longer covering up my shirt, Dave noticed the stains and the tears in it, "What the heck happened?" he worried to me and the rest of the guys took note.

"Well Dave a guy tried to rob....." I tried to start, but Dave interpreted me mid sentence and thought!

"So where is this soon to be dead man or what does he look like!" he roared and I could feel all the crew get more than mad, more like mob looking for a target.

"Dave...guys, I took care of it in my own way and its fine. All I really lost was a shirt?" I explained hopping to calm them and even radiated out the best waves of emotional 'calm' I could muster at them.

Dave clamed down first and I sighed as he spoke, "Well we can buy you a new one I guess?" he said scratching his head from thinking about what to do on the matter.

"Fine then, let's eat!" I laughed.

As we all ate and drank a little coffee and one guy brought me hot coco I had jokingly requested the work elevator stopped at our floor once more and its door slid open to the windy open floor. Three men wheeled out a fourth that was sitting in a wheelchair, "This is Andy, he had a car wreak two years ago and the docs have tried to fix his busted back five times, but failed so far. The poor guy can barely walk because of the pain an you can guess his word all but stopped."

Andy pointed at me, "This is your angel Tom?"

"Yep, that she is." the one pushing his chair said.

"She might be a looker, but an angel?" he questioned on.

"I am no angel guys, I just have wings and heal or fight some rare times." I had to giggle at the thought of being confused for that mess of lore the church made up and seemed to use my kind for templates!

"So can you try to fix Andy Kiley, like you did me?" Bart asked just now finishing up his climb down from the crane operators cab.

"We can certainly try." I said picking up Andy's hand and feeling out into him.

"Hey that tingles!" he started to laugh.

"Good, it means I am working!" I played sassing at him.

"Well?" Dan asked knowing I don't take long with a yes or no on my part having done healing a few times for the members of his trade.

"I can fix this!" I smiled, "But I need him flat on his stomach and his arms down with his legs hanging too if we can?"

"Table?" Dan pointed at the only table on the this floor currently holding the food and coffee.

"Too flimsy, it will never hold up Andy!" one man said.

"Drop a short "I" beam on the deck here and he can lay on top of that!" one of the few women working the steel up here suggested.

"That will work!" Bart yelled and took to climbing up to his control cab once again.

Bart worked with a crew on the ground floor to find a short beam to work with and quickly had it hosted up onto this deck with a blanket tossed on top from one of the workers car's. Two men started to help Andy up and bring him over to the beam but he yelped out in pain, "OWWWW shit stop that is killing me darn it!" he complained and they lowered him back to the chair.

"Let me help," I said touching a side of his head, "That should work for now, just_move so fast?" I warned them all.

Andy sighed out, "Wow that did the trick, first time in two years and no pain!" he smiled as they lifted and moved him towards the waiting "I" beam once again.

Once they laid hi down , I moved his arms to hang below his body line and his legs. As I lifted his shirt to get to his back Andy complained, "Hey now!"

"Andy it's nothing I have not seen or in my case owned at one time," I leaned down to whisper to his ear, "And I am far older than I look or you think by a few millennia!"

"What!" he nearly freaked out, "I thought you were a mutant teen?"

"Well kind of and way more, I am not even really human," I admitted with a slight giggle.

"Ohhh this had better work!" he said rolling his eyes to the world.

"Let's start?" I asked and he nodded as my hands sank into his back's skin like they were going into a pocket!

"Hummm those doc's sure left a whole lot of junk inside your back?" I asked.

"Twenty plus screws, four large plates and one cage holding up my lower spine," Andy told me.

"Well can someone get my a bucket or a bowl to hold all this stuff? Because I am going to pull it out, so I can fix Andy up right." I asked and one of the girls grabbed a bucket and dropped it by my foot.

"You are going to what!" Andy freaked once again and tried to get up!

"Someone hold him or I can't work?" I instructed and the two buddies that brought him held Andy down for his own good, "Hold on bud, it will work out," one assured him.

"Says you!" Andy sassed as I dropped the first handful of bloody hardware into the waiting bucket.

"That's part of it and a few more and done with that!" I smiled and pulled out three more. Next I moved far up his back like his skin was made of jelly to my hands, "Now to fix your upper spine, I could bet that you have had this mess of a spine since you were a little kid?" I asked.

"Yep the docs said something about that before I had my first surgery the very day I got hurt," he added.

"This will feel funny and sound horrible, don't move please!" I warned again and my hands snapped his spine straight with a huge sound of twin cracks!

"Ohhhh!" one man winced out in sympathy, "that is something I did not need to hear today or ever!" one more added in next.

"All done there and now your lower back and the pelvis," I said moving back lower again," both of them snapped loudly as I corrected those in turn, "Now to fix those atrophied muscles of yours and you are__done!"

At last my hands glowed as I shoved a little energy into the muscles that needed it most, then pulled out my hands healing up and scars the surgeries had left behind for last, "Now try that?" I asked pulling down his shirt and helping Andy to stand up.

Andy stood up tall and straight, then stretched out his whole body, "WoWeee I am fixed, what can...what do I owe ya!" he stumbled verbally shaking my hand in gratitude.

"One day I might ask for a favor, but it will still be your choice to or not to do it? I can not force you ever." I asked him.

"Unless you want the prez dead or something? I think we can do that!" he grinned to me with a handshake!

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Shadowsblade here.

This is my newest story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe. This one here is my second one and hopefully its a good one.

But remember all. I am not leaving Shadowsblade behind! I will start writing her soon!

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with deamons within and the
out.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

Copyright © 2020 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
136 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you

for the new chapter. It's great to see this story again.

your welcome!

shadowsblade's picture

I have had this one siting around for sometime waiting for other plots to catch up and decided it was time to launch it.

have fun reading!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

she's gonna have to be careful

word gets out she can heal, people will line up for a healing, could make public appearances difficult.

DogSig.png

ohh yes it would!

shadowsblade's picture

Vantier sees this as okay being at one spot that is hard to get too and having the others understand that she can't fix everything, plus only a few that she can get too.

so far it seems to be working and she is gaining a loyal following that might come in handy someday!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Thanks!

for the new Vantier chapter.. I have been awaiting another tale of those 2 wacky(?) sisters.

alissa

on it!

shadowsblade's picture

Crazy drow....they are out there beware!

I'll get back to them soon!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Making deals with the Devil!

While Kyley is not Satan, she is a GOO (Great Old One) and in the Whateleyverse they are scarier than the devil himself!

Just in this chapter alone she has turned one man into her thrall and now she heals another saying he owes her favor?

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.