Vantier a Whateley Tale chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

Vantier a Whateley Tale

Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to find her place in it.

In this chapter a friendship grows and Kyley gets a visitor that will show her to the future

He is saved from the death of his race and planet....to start all over again....but can she survive?
A human high school and being a teenager? Will she remember what was? And grow in power?

please take note...this story does start out slow...but once its rolling, its a RIDE!

most of my current stories can be found on Fictionmania

Or if you want to input more?

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

Wednesday July 4 2007 11:05 am
Library research center
Exotic Books and materials section....restricted levels to Class X levels
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

Over the last Two and a half weeks. After I fully blended with what I took of that Dark One. I found a 'language bridge' buried deep within its knowledge of this world. It Helped me jump that gap, from what is used here as written languages. To the far older ones I know from my travels.

In that time I literally 'dove' into the vast ancient and forbidden achieve section of the complexes library here. Twain gave me access to it, not even a day after he was told that. I had read nearly every book in the regular section of older languages and was asking for more. During this time I have gone lightly over most of the collection and sectionalized it for them by what can harm a regular human and what is fine for one to read. Also at the same time I gave a new title for each book and a few lines of what should be found in its pages. That was something that had not been done at all, before I got here. Now after I got most of that task done, many researchers have shown up to go over the books I approved for general use.

As I read yet another giant book laid out on the marble topped table. I am making notes on what I find in it for the research department. As I turn a page, I see the warning light over the door to this room turn on. It is showing me that someone is coming in and to close up any Class 'X' books that can hurt a human. I take note of the tables contents, find none of those books are outside of their protective cases and I flip the switch on the desk's center console that 'okay's' someone to come in...all safe....

I dive right back into the book as the door opens up. This little 'safe room' procedure happens at least five times a day, as researchers come in and get books for themselves or ask me more questions on what I have found so far. (Like four days ago a researcher from the math and sciences department ran a question of ..gate dimensional travel and physics.... by me and I put part of my mind on the issue ever since.) But this time instead of someone walking past me and this table to the vast stacked shelves of books. This person sits down at the table and starts humming very annoyingly!...it can only be Becky!

I don't even look up from the book "So Teaching time again? Its only Eleven AM, you usually come in here at Two PM to get me...If I get too caught up in reading here. So why so early today?"

Becky says back to me in English instead of the hawklord...Dark Ones language I just used to talk to her "Well Kyley....please use the English I have taught you! Then...unless you forgot? its July fourth and the party is just starting! So get up from that dusty old stack of books and have fun!"

"No I have not ...forgot? Plus you said...most of...fun does not start till near dinner time? So why you...here now?" I say still reading.

"Are you paying attention to me at all and THEN let me correct you again! ITS...' No I have not ...forgot? Plus you said THAT most of THE fun does not start till near dinner time? So why ARE you here now?'...." she says out in a dry tone to me.

I shrug.. she is right I must keep trying this out and correct it or I will never get it right! "Okay your right" I say as I look up at her "No I have not ...forgot? Plus you said that most of the fun does not start till near dinner time? So why are you here now?" I say again adding in the corrections to the sentences.

"Hey far better! You still forget the small words ..but all the rest is nearly there and perfect! BUT! get up from that desk and lets go!...and have FUN!" She grabs my hand off the book and pulls me up to stand.

"Fine...I can do that. But let me put this one book up first?"

"Okay?"

"Becky go stand in the 'safe' zone please? As this book is a nasty one!" I warn her.

I watch her go stand behind a warded line across the room from the main section I work in. That 'Warding line' is made of a metal strip in the floors and walls of that section that have numerous engraved runes on it and pluses with magic that even a 'null' to magic like Becky can see.

Once I see, that she is over that line and fine. I check the 'wards' quick and pull out of a storage box mounted on the desk. A Dark colored book that anyone can see is 'not good'. As I take it back over to the shelves, to place it back into its own box. It must have sensed Becky in the room, it jumps from my hand to slide across the floor and try to fly up and Bite her with the teeth that form in its maw of pages. It hits the 'ward line' with a bright flash and falls to the floor smoking. A magic sensitive person like me, could hear it whimper out as it lays there. Becky saw it coming and knew as long as I was in the room she was safe. She now stands there laughing at the book and saying to it "Good try maybe next time!?"

I laugh with her as I pick it up. I say to it in English, so that Becky can get in on the joke "So at it again? That makes three times this month you tried that. Well now this time, I am not going to let you off.. 'book'. I am going to put you in a case with this......" I walk over to the Class 'X' section and open a case with the most 'boring' book in the whole collection in it and start to place the new one in the case "Well here you go! Your shelf mate should bore you to near death in a week! But I will not do that to you...that is cruel...I am going to do two weeks in there as an example to all of you!" I drop the new book into the case. As it lays in there I hear it whimper out, as I close the top and seal it.

Becky is giggling at my words "Kyley please tell why that would affect a book by putting it in a case with a boring book? I don't get it?"

"Well Becky...What is 'in' a book, is what it knows and all it knows. So if your a 'boring' book. Your boring to all. So these books do talk to one another and putting a regular book alone in a case with a VERY boring book..... like I just did, will drive it mad for sometime and it will learn a lesson from it. I know its hard to grasp....but theses books can think somewhat."

"Humm weird? But makes sense I guess. NOW repeat all of that in English like I told you to do!" she barks.

"Yes mom!" I say...then I see her get mad at me. So I quickly repeat all of that back to her to keep her happy.

I walk around the room one last time to make sure its safe and walk over to her and the door. "Looks all good here...so we can go." I say as I open the door for her with my ID card "This Fourth of July of yours? Its a party?"

"Yep it celebrates the founding of this nation, over Two hundred years ago! We have big Bar-b-Que's and displays of fireworks!" she looks at me happily and bouncing like a kid.

"Humm Two hundred years? Is that all?" I say dryly.

"HEY! that's allot to us humans!" she says meanly and smacks my side.

"Okay... I get it. But here hold this! " I say as I drop a small gem mounted on a sliver colored backing plate into her hand.

"What's this?" she asks while looking it over.

"That Becky...dear...a gate key. And if where it went...was still there, it would take you there in a flash." As I say that she smacks me.

"You forgot the words 'is' and 'to' again!"

I correct myself for her on that mistake. Then add "Ohh by the way that gem and plate its on, is Two thousand times older than this 'party' of yours"

"THIS! is Four hundred thousand years old!" she yelps.

"Yes. Now you see why I see this party in a different light than you do? But lets have fun and maybe someday this party will be that old. As that gem was only a day old when I got it." I laugh as I take it back from her hand.

Becky leads me out of the library, to the park area that is beyond the running track. This park has one side the ends at the deep mines working pit. So it makes a nice view to look down into the very deep pit and a great place to jump from for flying! The rest of the sides are the complex buildings. Once out there I see that the complex has set up numerous food tents and other fun stuff to do. I watch Becky make a beeline for the hotdog stand, while I just walk about and see what all this is about.

I find an area has been set up with inflated fun things for the kids to play on. I see a large stand of bleachers there that overlooks all of it and with a small leap and a few flaps of my wings. I land on the top most seats, from standing behind it. I sit down on the top most row and relax as I watch the kids having fun. After sometime has gone by with me fully entranced by the fun below me. Becky finally finds me and walks up the stairs to my level of seats, high up. My glance to her from the kids at play, finds she has a vast box of food and drinks with her. I grab the box to help her as she sits down next to me.

Becky huffs out as she sits "Well I am all set! So you had better get yourself something?"

I look at the GIANT box of food between us. Six hotdogs with chili and cheese, Two nacho boxes, Three hamburgers, and five drinks is what I count in it.

"Becky if you eat all that by yourself? AND you live! You should have fought that Dark One...not me!"

She laughs at me "Nope...we are sharing this, I am just fooling with you!"

"Humm I guess I will try one of these hotdogs that is drowned in chili?" I say as I take a bite "mmm not bad?"

As I sit and eat some other 'fine dining items' that Becky got for us. One of the kids from that day in the kids clinic, spots me as I sit.....and its hard to hide me and my wings!

The one I see is 'Mary' the older of the two girls and she comes storming up the stairs at us. She shrieks out at us both in a near Bane-sidhe wail "Kyley the Angel your here! Lets play!" and then she grabs my hand and starts to drag me off my bench seat.

I shrug to Becky "Fun calls?" I say out.

Mary shouts at me "Fly me down there! ....if you can?"

I look at her and think 'her parents might get mad at me if I do that?'....I look at Becky and she mouths out 'not a good idea?'

As I am about to say 'no' I see Mark her father and he must of heard that wail of her's and he is nodding at me with a wink?

So I feel, that is my 'okay?' So I snatch her up and fly down the ground. As I land she is laughing like a maniac at the fun, then she grabs my hand and leads me into a 'bouncy house' full of balls. I watch as she jumps in, then pops back to the top and yanks me in too!

With all the kids already in there watching me...in a little shock at my looks I guess? I go to one of the corners and sit down. As I am far to tall to really 'dive' in the mass of balls to hide like she does. The next time I see her surface, she is telling the other kids around me "See we told you! There was an angel at the clinic last month!"

Over the next few minutes I am surrounded by a mass of kids. After she tells them my name and I nod to them all. They start looking and playing with my wings like Matt did that day long ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the benches bottom, Becky has come down the stairs to the huddle parents of the kids, I am playing with.

"But Mark...she is so big? She might hurt the kids?" the mother of the bunch of three I saw that day, says to her husband.

"Meg let me tell you, our kids are far safer with her right now than with us. As she is more...far more than you see there. AND that's all I can say to you."

Another man speaks up in the huddle "Yep Megan...Mark is right on that one. She can play with my two kids anytime they want to."

Becky enters the group and says to Meg "Kyley... there is my friend and she will not hurt others...its not her way. AND after that thing two weeks ago, if you have doubts. I will go get her out of there and leave?"

The two men 'nicely' pull at Becky's arm and move her away from the other parents. Mark says to her in a whisper "We don't talk about work ...ever. As its classified and its better that the 'wives' don't know what goes on there all the time?...get it?"

"Becky nods back "I understand. I am still getting used to the idea, that some people that live here. Don't know all that happens here? I just plain forget that sometimes."

As Becky and the two men drift back to the group, Meg asks her husband "Mark what did she mean by 'that thing?' two weeks back? Was that the warning horns going off that day? AND was it more trouble than usual?....Mark?" she leers at him.

"Honey...we had an accident. Since Kyley is a mutant and very strong. She helped a few guys get out of danger safely and then healed up a few that got hurt during it...that's all?" he says meekly to her more than demanding face.

Becky coughs suddenly "..cough....bullshit!...cough" as she covers her mouth a little.

Mark leers at Becky, then gives his wife the 'who me look' of feigned innocence.

As Mark leers at Becky, little Sally tugs on her dads pant leg to get his attention. He looks down at her and picks her up "What do you want? My little Angel?" He asks her.

"Daddy can I go fly with Kyley? She said I have to ask you if I can go? and Mary wants to go too!" The small girl asks.

Mark looks to Megan "Well honey? she wants to go fly? So what's your say on this? As I am fine with it."

Megan starts out in a apprehensive voice "Dear I don't know? Will she take her up high? As that little glide....she did off the top of the bleachers was nothing?"

"Ahh I am sure she will. But I am sure its safe. Tell her Becky....you know her best."

"Megan?... Kyley...would sooner smash herself into the ground and die. Than hurt a kid. I guarantee it." she states it like a fact

"I don't know she is so young. She might let them get hurt because she does not know kids."

"Kyley knows kids...she has had a few....shoot! forget I said that DAMN IT!"

A very surprised Megan looks at Becky "But! she only looks like, she is fifteen?"

"She is older....and Jesus looked like a baby.....so what you see these days, is not all ways what you get?" Becky sasses a bit

"Ohhh how old is she?"

"OLD" is all Becky says.

All Mark does is nod to his wife "Let Sally and the others go, they will be fine" he drops Sally to the ground "Okay little one, go FLY! have fun...and don't wear Kyley out?"

Becky stifles a giggle at that. 'All the energy these kids have in them and are releasing into the area...my bet is Kyley feels like she is at a smorgasbord! She won't be tired for days!'

---------------------------------------------------------

As I play on a bouncy slide with Mary. Little Sally shows back up and grabs on my leg for dear life. As I look down at her, she near shouts in a most joyful voice "Daddy said its okay! I wana FLY!"

As I look at her more than cute face. I feel and know, that she is not lying to me. So I grab her up in my arms "Well here we GO!"

I run off towards, an observation lookout, that looks over and into the deep mines pit. I run past the crowd that is looking in the pit and enjoying the view. I see the fence coming up and I leap over it while screaming "Wahoooo!" Sally is giggling like mad, as we fall down into the pit. At about half way down, I pop out the wings and start gliding in circles in the pit. At its center I found weeks ago, a great up draft made by the 'bowl' of the pit and I hit it to glide up with it.

"Having fun?!"

All I get in reply is laughing...so I guess that's a 'yes!'

"Sally? you do understand that....this is only safe while your with me? As your only an Angel in training?" I ask her as we soar over the park and look for her house.

She nods to me her understanding. But to be sure I push a little suggestion into her what I just said and make it permanent. So that she does not think flying is a thing she can do alone....just incase. As kids do....silly things.

I fly her about for several minutes and then land. So I can let her sister have a chance. As I land I see that the mass of kids is huge! that is now milling about in the 'bouncy play area'. I may have made a mistake...it will take all day this fly this many!

I land with Sally at her sisters feet and put her down. As I look at Mary I say to her "I guess its your turn?"

All I see is a nod from her that near snaps her neck! So I pick her up and do the same thing with her. On my return I see kids have surrounded Sally and Mark. As I land near them, I get a near chorus of ' I'm next!' from the mass of kids.

"Hummm Okay!....But you have ask you parents! AND bring them here to say...to me. Then! you have to be under five years old...just today? I will try get more of you on the next party...all right? Now go get that permission!" I ordered the kids and they for the most part ran off to find parents.

I walk over to Mark and lean down to him "SO your next, if you want to?"

He shakes his head at me?

"Humm what's the matter young one?"

He says nothing, But I feel embarrassment and fear off him.

"I know what's wrong" I say softly as I pull him aside to a bench to sit "your afraid of heights are you?"

I get a nod back.

I touch his head and feel out into him.... so I can find what the issue he has. I find that He fell a year back....badly, while playing on the slide near here and hurt his arm. So since then, he can't get over about four feet up without panicking and that is just killing his fun. I can fix it, by changing that memory just a little....But I have to ask him.

"Mark?" I lean down farther to him and whisper "I can fix this fear of yours. But you have to ask me. Its your choice and your parents can't make it for you or even know that I asked you. So can you promise me that?"

He nods and squeaks out a "Yes" to me.

"So what do you want?"

"I want to have fun again and climb like I used to! Darn it! My little sister can go higher than me!"

I touch him again and twist that bad memory just a little, I lessen his fear from the fall. BUT not get rid of it! I leave it a bad memory, but not the TERROR it was to him.

When I am done I ask "Feeling better?"

"YAA! I am afraid of falling, but not SO DARN SCAREDY CAT! about it" He wraps me in a hug and whispers in my ear "lets go fly!"

"Okay...but you tell mom...that what we are going to do.... broke your fear of falling. As its all you needed, was a little fun in the air with me, to break it away from holding you back....got it?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

While I am flying with Mark and the other gathered children

In the complex main building....in Mr. Twain's office

"Have a Seat Liz?" Twain asks the lady who just entered his office.

"Thanks Lee. So, I am here to see this new being you found and that Sara wrote a small report on. She was to finish it a bit deeper for me, before she disappeared on us all?"

"Yes...you are here to see her and I also had hoped that Sara would give us more information on this new person. But it seems even Sara did not know what or who she was. All she really could tell in that first group of meetings, is that Kyley is an immortal of some importance and along the same lines as her race is in the scheme of the universe at large."

"So I am here to give an opinion or what Lee?"

"That and I would like you to look her over for possible entrance into Whateley?"

"Entrance as what Lee? A researcher, teacher of some subjects like math or languages or a student?"

"I was actually thinking of.....student?" Twain stated and asked a the same time.

"Humm a student? I don't know Lee. No one knows much about her and even your own tests don't really show much. Besides from what I read in your reports, she is hiding or holding back some of her powers? But so did Sara for that matter! On the other hand she would make a great addition to my research department. As I hear via the grapevine, she has in a few weeks has done wonders for your Class 'X' Library. I heard she has gone through most of it and gave you an idea of what each book contains in some part or another? Then I also hear that she works on dimensional gate equations in her head for fun?"

"Well that's all correct on the library Liz! and I have heard she is helping out our 'gate' project personal...in what matter or way I have not heard yet?
But Liz? I would think in her case, it would be a great idea for her to go to your school and grow there. As here? All she can learn is, what the teams of researchers show her. She knew nothing of this world that day she got here, she needs what your place offers.....a way for her to grow-up like a teenager of this world does!"

Mrs. Carson ponders Lee's question "Well Lee.... I have come all this way. I will look her over for you and unless I see something really wrong with her today or hear of something before my 'real' interview I have with all my new students. I don't see why she can not come to my school?"

Twain gets up from his desk and walks to the door. "Well Liz, shall we go and see her?" He asks politely, as he waves his arm for her to come.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Becky sits in the bleachers watching Kyley below her entertaining, kid after kid with taking them on flights around the mines vast pit.

As Becky takes a sip of her soda, she notices Twain off to one side of the grouping of Bouncy play structures that the kids are all on. She then notices that he is with an older lady? A lady who looks important. As Becky watches the pair intently and sees that Twain is pointing toward Kyley far too much during their conversation AND that action makes Becky very uncomfortable.

Becky jumps up from the bleachers, the food forgotten behind her and she walks with determination toward Twain and his Lady guest.

Twain points Kyley out to Mrs. Carson "Well Liz that's your new student, the one with the wings, flying the children about for fun."

"I see Lee. She does seem to be fitting in far better than I had heard she was."

"Yes, It seems after I took her language teachers idea, to move her to a cottage in the guest housing area. She started to acclimate to our way of life far faster. Then add she must have gotten something in that fight with that GOO or Dark One, she calls them and this gave her some kind of 'link' to better her language and reading skills?" Twain adds.

"Interesting Lee...Very interesting. So she gains something when she defeats a creature? Well that is a new one if I ever heard one! I wonder what else she might have gained?"

Twain is about to answer Mrs. Carson, when he sees Becky walking toward them both and she does not look all too happy! "Liz here comes Becky Dahlgren. She is teaching Kyley english, but now I am sure that 'friendship' has grown far beyond that level of teacher and student. Please lets not get to deep into why your actually here for?"

Carson nods to the man and turns to greet Becky, as its best to throw off someone at the start. Then to try and change a subject already started!

Mrs. Carson extends her hand toward Becky as she walks nearer "Hi! you must be Becky!? I have heard so many good things about you and your teaching Kyley english. I also see, by her playing with the children, you have got her up to speed on how our world works?" she smiles at Becky all the while.

"Hi yourself? and may I ask who you are?" Becky asks not even falling for the ploy.

"I am...Mrs. Carson. I am here to visit Twain here, we are old friends."

"Hummm I know you from somewhere?" Becky turns to Mr. Twain to ask him "So what are we doing here today? You have never seemed to be the picnic type to me?"

Carson tries to desperately stifle a giggle "She has you there...Lee."

"So why the visit? AND why the interest in Kyley?" Becky asks firmly.

"Becky... she is a friend and I am showing her around?" Twain insists.

Becky shakes her head back and forth, as she is not believing him one bit.

Carson interrupts Becky, as she sees that Becky is about to 'tear into' Twain "Becky... the reason why I am here is to evaluate Kyley for going to Whateley next semester as a student? So if can ask you...please don't tell her this?"

"Nope...me and her don't have secrets or lie to each other at all...ever!" she hisses out.

"I can understand that. I like loyalty in friends, its a fine admirable trait and that is in short supply these days. But please tell her after, I have gone and that this is only a 'look see'....not a for sure deal?....please?" Carson asks the more than determined women standing before her.

"I will think about it. As its all on him!" Becky points to Twain "As sometimes he is not all that.....truthful is all."

Carson leers at Twain "Humm that he is....Lee has developed a little bit of a habit of keeping information to himself of late...you never did that back in the day?...Lee?"

-------------------------------------------------

As I am flying one child after another, off into the deep mine pit for a nice flight of fun. I feel Becky's emotional state from her. AND boy she seems mad and a little upset? The next thing I have noted is that? The connection is even there! 'when did that start?' I wonder out.

"~Kyley did you think my being able to speak to her was a one way deal? She has bonded with you and it goes both ways now. Next, you will be able to bond farther with her and make the link you share. As good as ours is....this is my assumption~" Night mused in Kyley's head.

I glance about looking for her, then find her talking to Twain? and some older female I have never seen? I look over the new guest and find her very! interesting indeed! She has a far older bearing, than her looks suggest. Then she has a bearing of someone who has seen combat...lots of combat and then add she also has a aura of someone that is used to being 'in-charge' or 'commanding'?...hummm?

I turn to the kids to ask them all "Hey... guys?...I have to talk to someone....if I can I will get back to you all and we can go on?" I Tell the mass of kids. All I get is disappointment from them. "Hey I will try?...Please don't be mad and upset? It hurts....I do feel it."

One of the older kids ...near a teen in age, sees my dilemma and my growing pain. He takes it upon himself to help and starts up a game on the bouncy wall to distract the others. I start to walk off from them all, I nod a thanks to him and then add a silent 'thanks' worded out... via my mouth.

I walk at a fast pace over to Becky, to see what has her so upset with Twain or his guest. As I get there, I break their on going conversation with a shout to Twain "Mr. Twain? good to see you out here having fun! Could you ...if you see Dr Richards? Tell him.... almost have that dimensional equation done.... him. I finally remembered a formula I used..... make the same thing a long time ago. But soon enough....will make it work here I just need.....adjust for this worlds place in.....universe instead of the old one.....used to? I also have to get with him on this!" I pull out my 'gate' gem that I showed to Becky earlier today "I think I can link this to ...gate here and use it?... as a mobile gate.... any in your gate system here. I just have to add that equation of mine to a old spell I have yet to look up and..... done!"

Becky shakes her head at me "Kyley? Do I have to go over all the words you missed in that statement now...or later?" My glare at her is my answer and that glare of mine gets the older lady's attention.

I see the older Lady staring at me "Hi I am Kyley and your?" I ask as I turn her way.

"Hummm she tones out...you finally found manners?".............her tone of voice does not make me happy. But I cover my anger at her as best I can.

"Yes... I forget sometimes...I get excited. But....sorry?"

"Yes.... I am Mrs. Carson, a friend of Mr. Twain's here. I am here looking over some new additions to his workplace for him." she extends her hand to me and as I take it up to shake it, I feel out to her. I find she is being evasive and hiding something? I also get more than a hint of magic on her. Then add something else? something old and different. Lastly I can feel she is not human...a mutant, for sure!

I look at Becky and I can see she is not happy at what Carson just said. But I go on as if nothing is wrong. "Glad to meet you ma'am. I hope you find all well here. As we do try?"

"Yes you do try! I have heard of your clearing up of Twain's library and that talk of yours of solving 'gate' equations for the team here has me interested ....Very interested!" I see her gaze on me, change from the one of being upset with my 'manners'.... to one of true want? She must want me for something?

"Interested? for what, if I can ask?" I say out to her, more than curious.

"Ohh really nothing. I may want to 'borrow' you for one of my math research teams for a short while?".....I feel she is telling some truth....but hiding something?

"Ohhh that sounds like fun! A chance... get out of here and see....rest...this world. I like it! But....Please call upon me for anything?" I sang out to her.

"Yes I will. I can almost guarantee it....one way or another?" Carson vowed to me.

"Well have fun.... your stay here, Mrs. Carson. I hope...see you soon? But me and Becky have...kids to get back with?" I say to her, as I pull Becky along.

"Yes indeed I will see you soon? So go have fun, and nice to meet you Kyley." Cason says to me with a smile that has promise behind it.

As I walk Becky off, to talk in private with her. Cason moves off in the other direction with Mr. Twain "Well.... Lee....That girl is going to be a fine addition to Whateley, I can see it." Carson informed Twain with a knowing smile.

"I see what your up too Liz! ...Your thinking if you can get her under your wing right now? You might use her to add yet another Nobel prize to the Whateley trophy case!" Twain jests her, while he leers at her and then finally winks.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walk Becky up to our perch at the bleachers top level. I ask her in the old language "What was that? Who was she? What did she want!? I stutter out fast at her back, as we go up.

As Becky sits on the top bench and grabs her soda "Well Kyley, that lady was Mrs. Carson."

I nod hard to her "Yes! I know that!"

Becky's stern look shuts me up! "Well...if I can go on!" I nod meekly and mouth out 'sorry'?...."But she is the headmistress of Whateley, the school for mutants."

I am about to say something, when she kicks me to shut up!

"AND she is here to see you! My guess is that Twain is sending you there to learn how to 'fit' in better? It makes sense to me, its a controlled environment for you to learn in. It offers more people to see and talk to. Then they have a top notch school for you to learn in. But most of all....I bet she wants you in their research departments and help them out with that gigantic brain of yours!"

"My head is not big?" I say as I feel my head a little, with my right hand.

"No its not" she laughs at me "But its full of stuff they want!"

"So you really think they are going....let me out of here?"

"Why not?" she asks.

"Well I still think...that their opinion of me is...that I am dangerous?" I tone out.

"Dangerous?.....You?...?" She looks at me in wonderment.

"Well I just ..thought is all....after I ended that Dark one. That I would never get out of here...honestly?" I say as I look down. All the while thinking 'do I really want to leave here? its safe for the most part? and no one knows I am here?'

"Well...that was different! You saved people during that. So they reward that kind of sacrifice." Becky's more than happy voice sings out to me.

"I don't know? its safe here and I am liking it a little more now?"

"WHAT! have you gone nuts? You need to leave here and see what else is out there? You told me you loved exploring in your youth! SO! go to that school and see what it has?"

I sit there...deep in thoughts...'Exploring yes. I loved it...but...I like living a bit more and I want to...start over. So hiding here might work?.....'

Becky feels what I am going through and leans over to hug me "I feel your pain, and that unknowing feeling of...what should I do? Coming off of you. BUT Whateley is the most safe place for one of your kind! Heck ...even one of my kind! So your going if they ask! ...GET IT!"

As Becky hugs me, a flash happens next to us and Night 'pops' up ~"Kyley you moron! Your going to that school! Warriors like US do not hide in pits like this from danger!" and she fly's off, to hunt for fun.

"What did Night mean by 'hiding from danger?' Kyley?" she asks me.

I near cry now "I still feel that ....out there is something, waiting for me to show up and end....all that I am ...yet again?"

Becky Just holds me for a little as I cope with that thought.

"Hey lets go get something to eat and watch the fireworks? Hummm?" she finally says to get me out of the self made 'funk' I am in.

I nod back "Okay.... nachos sounds good and something to drink?" I add back.

We both get up and I snatch her up and glide over to the nearest food booth. Once I land, I find the kids have noticed my return and surround me. Becky holds up her arms to get their attention on her "Hey guys Kyley is a little tired and overwhelmed by all the attention. So how about this?....she is going to rest up and maybe next time we have a party here, she can get to the rest of you?.....sounds good?"

The assembled kids all feel disappointed to me and it hurts me. So I put up my shields a bit more to protect me. But the older kids seem to understand what Becky is saying and lead off the younger ones at Becky's call.

Becky after she gets even more food, finally leads me off to a hill side.... after she grabs up a large blanket from a stack of them at a booth. I hold on to the prized food and drinks as she lays the blanket on the grassy hillside for us. I fall to the ground on it, with a small plop as I am more than down from both the kids and the school issue.

Becky drops down beside me and helps me put the foodstuffs off to one side. After that is all set, I lay down and she rolls over on top of me "So still feeling down?" she asks me.

"Yep...the kids got to me, I felt some really wanted that flight bad. Like it was the only fun they would have all week? How can that be?" I ask.

"Don't worry about it. The kids lives here, are far different than what you had. I bet? So they actually think that small things like that, are bigger than they really are?"

"Humm really? Their lives are that easy? Wow....mine was nuts by that age, I see of most of them. By the time of what you would call 'teenager' I was in many a fight already and had left the home for far off places. Most of that travel I had back then, I had no near 'back-up' or support if I got into trouble."

"Someday your just going to have to start telling me all that stuff from your past? But for now lets just relax and enjoy the time here. So Kyley I am asking you! Are we going to go farther in this relationship now? I did ask you near weeks ago?"

I pull her down on me with a kiss, then lift her back up. "I think we could do that? and since you and Night have joined a bit deeper....by accident or plan of that darn bird of mine. Maybe we should too?"

"Do you mean 'joined' as in....? or mentally? Like me a Night suddenly did?" she asks me while tilting her head at me.

I lightly smack the side of her head "Its far better to join up here, than in body. Once you have seen what I mean. The regular world stuff will fall away!"

"Humm so when?"

I pull her all the way to me and hug her close and wrap her head with both my arms "Now?"

She nods.....And I push out my mind to her and form that 'link' that all us had back home.

Once I pull her all the way into me. She finds her mental self standing in the old castle. All the comes from her is a gasp.

"This is what home was like" I say to her.

"Hey! I am naked! and your still a female...even here? I don't get that?"

"Nor do I? I guess the Gods have made this form" I wave an arm over myself "mine from now on? No mater the place?" I shrug.

"There is no one else around us? Why?"

I cry a little "Because in my mind......they are all dead!"

She leaps to me and wraps me in a fierce hug "Hey its empty here. But back in the real world its full of others and soon we will get more in here. Then maybe we can build us all a new home? Then leave this place behind?"

"Nod to her "I would like that!" I then wrap my wings around us both for a better hug. She nestles deeply in my wings "God its warm and soft in here! I love it!" Becky coos out to me.

I let go of her finally "So? do you want the nickel tour...lady? or what?"

"That will take all night in a place this large! Its so big and made for people like you with wings!"

"Humm What are you talking about?.....You have wings too! So use them!"

Becky near laughs at me "No I don't"

"Ahh ya... you do? Remember this is mental, not real? You can be near anything you think or I think to put on you. When you got here, you had wings and still do...look?"

Becky looks over her shoulder at the two large brown wings on her back. She looks at me more than overjoyed and put a hand over her mouth to stifle the gasp she makes.

"Well...use them. You know how."

I jump up and fly off. I am soon rewarded by her flying next to me for a mere second, then she flies off at great speed and starts flying stunts all over the vast hallway.

I show her the vast castle...my old home. We fly about for hours, the best parts I show her are the weapons and armor forging area at the near bottom of the castle. Where she tries out something like my armor and then she gives it a go with a training Axe.

We finish up the lower levels with a visit to the hall of elders. Where part of a 'soul' of persons who have passed on, is kept, so that it can teach the young.
I open its vast hundred foot tall door and walk her inside. Once inside I find it empty? I don't understand it? Even in my old dreams from home, when I was far from home.... this room always had something in it?

"Becky I don't understand why there is nothing here?" I say out, and the echo bounces off the far walls "This place should have near hundreds, if not thousands of gems in it. Each one holding part of a donated soul for safe keeping and so that we can consult with the elders of my race as needed?"

"Maybe you?.... put it somewhere else in here?"

"No I would only ever see and dream it to be here! I have seen this place many times in dreams...heck I have even talked to the long dead in dreams here!"

"Humm maybe then, what ever brought you to my planet moved this in your mind and in the real world? Now you have to find it?"

"WHAT!.....wait a minute!" I run off very fast and she flies to keep up with me.

I run to a large metal door and once my hand hits its surface it opens for me. As I walk in I say to Becky "Please stay close to me. This room is for the royal family only...and even in dreams it does not like....others in it!"

She near hugs me, as I suggested and we walk into a vast room...an empty room. All that is there is empty glass display boxes.

"DAMN IT ALL! this room should be filled with family armor and weapons!" I yell out.

I then run to a wall with a large mirror on it that is near eight foot tall and three foot wide and touch it. My image in it wavers then the glass opens to a dark area. Once its fully open, I lean into it and its all empty.

"Well that makes some sense?" I muse.

"What Kyley?"

"That was the entrance to my vast library and its empty. But in the real world I have it, so its not here?" I walk off to a section of the armor and weapons displays, to mine and I find its empty too? "So my armor is not here too? Maybe your right on that Idea if its not here...its back in the real world, somewhere for me to find?"

"Makes weird sense to me? If your personal armor is missing...yet you have it? then maybe its back there...my world...and yours now?"

"I wonder!" I bark out and turn to the far end of the room. I look about for the rooms center and find I am near it. I look at the floor and see a rune carved in the floor stones corners. I work out the ever changing puzzle it forms, in my head and press the correct one to solve it. Once done a staircase opens in the floor...down.

I wink at Becky "You coming? or what?" I jest her.

"Yep!"

I walk down the stairs with her close behind me. At the far bottom we come upon yet another empty room. At its center is an empty square about twenty feet on each side. Then on one side is four smaller squares and each one is the same size.

As I search about the room I near sing out "Gods I hope your right Becky!"

"What is this? I don't understand it?"

"This Becky is the 'First Stone!' The block that was here, is what made my armor and my Axe....the metal it gave off that is! AND the other four squares are for the royal forge for both Axes and armor! If its not here......AND its on your world...earth!...my new home...then there is great hope!" I near dance.

"So what does that mean?" She questions me, as I dance about like a madwoman.

"What it means! IS that if? and if its all there somewhere? I can make armor for any of my kind that come later!"

"So I still don't understand it?"

"Becky...dear? If I am not wearing my armor? I go POOF! big time!...see" I hold up my arm, to show the bracelet on it "I have to wear some of it at all times. OR POOF! So if that block and this forge is there. I can make new armor for....kids! or if I find a way to resurrect someone of my kind!"

"WOW if you find it! I want the first set of armor?"

I gaze at her "Humm that may happen...." as I think what she would look like in a full set of it.

"AND! I want an Axe of my own too!" she purred at me in a most alluring way.

"Humm maybe...after you learn how to use one correctly....just like I had to!" I sass her....then my mind wanders about...deep in thoughts...."Becky I have to understand this? What changed today and made this happen? As the last time I was here...all of this .....stuff of mine was here? Right where it should be...but today? Its gone?"

"Its real simple ...silly and easy? I am surprised you missed it?" Becky goads me on.

"What darn it!"

"ME?"

"WHAT? me? I don't get it?" I question her.

"Me... I am here! One of the new world... a link to your new home! So it all moved when I came here....and it must be waiting for you to find it ...in due time? is my guess?"

"You might be right Becky!" I sing out "But Becky....lets go back and watch those 'fireworks' you boasted of for so long?"

"Its been hours! That has to be all over!?"

"Nope.....time here goes at a different rate than there. Stick around me long enough and you will see that 'time' is not a straight line....its a real messed up bunch of string at.....times" I laugh out.

I give her a little kiss.......and we are back laying on the grassy hillside, with her on top of me all wrapped in my wings. "So did you like that?"

"I loved it! ...when can we do that again!?" she bubbles at me.

"Ohh who knows?....."

She smacks me on the chest "When?"

"Tonight after we watch the fireworks!"

"Cool... we watch some fireworks...then go make some of our own!" she states to me and then lays back down beside me.

We both gaze up into the night sky and the fireworks start. I watch amazed for sometime at the display, till Becky draws my attention away and we start more of our own.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday August 1 2007 12:05 pm
Mr. Twains Office
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

Mr. Twain moves around his vast oak desk to the office door and lets Becky in.

"Becky come in my dear and sit. We have something to talk about!"

Becky near leers at the man, while thinking 'what does he have planned now?'

As Becky sits down, Twain sits in his large leather chair and pulls out a file "Becky? I have to ask you, if you think Kyley is ready to go outside of the complex?"

'ohh ya he is planning something!' she thinks..... "Well Mr. Twain? I think she would do all right with some supervision, from someone that knows her needs."

"Okay?.... so she still needs guidance?...of a sort then?"

"YES? She still needs that....she has not seen the outside world, beyond these walls and outside of television or the computers she has used. She knows near nothing of...out there.....heck she has never even seen a car yet!"

"Well...here are the plans for now....." Twain starts.

'here it comes!' Becky thinks out.

"It has been decided...that Kyley has to.....humm how should I say this?....get out more, so she can work at other facilities in the research network of the Department of Paranormal Affairs....like ARC or even Whateley and its vast library of Class 'X' books that need someone to go through them all."

"So Mr. Twain...are we going to send her out for a trip or two, then put her to work or what?"

"Well Becky that's the idea? We want her to get to work on that project and categorize that Class 'X' Library."

"Well Mr. Twain...if that's all you think she should ever do in life....I guess....I will tell Kyley to stop working in the library for you. As she needs more out of life." AND Becky starts to get up to leave the office in a huff.

"Whoa whoa there!? Lets talk about this!"

"Why?....you or who ever....has made up their mind to what they want....I and Kyley have what we want!" she barks at him. "AND its not that!"

"Well then, tell me what it is you are recommending for her then?" he asks.

"You should send her to Whateley, like you...kind of said when Carson was here. As its the best way for her. Safe, controlled, and she can work at the library while learning?"

"I was leaning that way...but others want her to go over all the libraries....why I don't know? It seems to me, they are looking for something and till now...no one could do that job."

"I am going to tell her to wait for you or someone else to send her to Whateley or some other school of that type."

"Fine I am going to lie a WHOLE bunch about this and have her sent there...along with you as a tutor...on call of course. You can not be on campus....But we can put you somewhere nearby? How's that sound then?" he says, as he gives his plastic smile.

"I can see that....I will tell Kyley." Becky says now more than overjoyed.

"But right now, you need to get her and go to any guard desk. To have them make her ID's for the outside AND she has to choose a last name for the records. Then on Saturday both of you will go to the local town of Sturgis and shop for some clothes for the trip to Whateley. So that Kyley can do her entrance interview with Carson. Then I will be told if or if not, she is 'in'?"

"Sturgis?....this weekend?.......but, its the BIG biker weekend and there will be thousands there!" warned Becky.

"That's why I chose it!" Twain snickered back "It will test her fully and its close enough, that if there is trouble, you can get back here FAST!"

"Okay then, I am off the get that all done with her. Anything else?"

"No...but remember my butt is on the line! So please try to tell her to keep working on the library issue....so that the higher ups are happy.....please?" he near begs.

"Ohhh I will...but don't worry. As Kyley wants to read all those books! So she will do what you want...to a point, so she can get at them all. So see you later?"

"Yes and ask for me, if anything needs my help!?"

"Ohh yes I will!" Becky winks at him, as she goes out the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday August 1 2007 1:05 pm
Library research center
Exotic Books and materials section....restricted levels to Class X levels
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

I sit and make notes on the last two books that I just finished glancing over. The notes I am making will tell the staff what the basics the books subject or subjects are, then they will get back to me for a full translation. But if I come across a book that should not be read? I am to make a private note on it and only give it to Twain, who then sends it far up the chain for review. Then I am told whether I will be instructed to translate as best I can or destroy the book! Which I do not like...but I might just take and hide them instead?

I hear the door warning sound yet again! It has been like this all day! At least ten times now, why don't they leave me alone? I don't understand what or why the urgency or what even they are looking for? They ask all day and night...then don't tell me what to look for, to narrow it down?....I lean over the desk and hit the switch to let who ever in. I turn to the door more than a little mad, as this time ...if its YET! one more stupid question I am going to!....I then see Becky and my mood changes "HI! lovely how's your day?"

"Good so far? But I felt you were.....just so mad?...why?" she asks me with great concern coming through that beautiful voice of her's and the link of ours.

"Sorry Becky... they are bugging me all... time for something? But..... not tell me what they want?" I tell her with my anger raising yet again.

"Hey calm down? We have to go get you some ID's made. AND redo that statement and add 'THE' and 'NOT' you left off"

"YES mom ! I chide her...then do the lines over...then add after I am done "More ID stuff, when does it end? I am me... I don't change?...Heck I bet My face will not change for years!"

"Well it needs to be done!"

"Your hiding something! I can feel that, you know!" I glare at her.

"Well I will tell you later...you know a surprise!" she sings out.

"Fine...so where too?" I ask.

Becky near pulls me from my chair and shoves me at the door. "Off to the library Guard station fort that ID and you have to pick a last name of the records?

"My name is Vantier? I told you that!"

"Well that's on your MID card as your ID name for that....and a name for other ID's can not be the same!"

"Well no one told me?" I near whine, as I secure the door behind me.

We both make the short trip up from the tenth sub-level basement up the elevator and its door opens at the guard station of the main library. Once we step out I wave to the guard on post...Tim, My old fainting buddy!

"Hey Tim...how's the nose?" I jest at him, near giggling.

"FINE!" he says back coldly...as usual when I mess with him.

Becky giggles out at him "Well it looks like you two finally get along just fine!"

"We do!" boast to her.

"So Kyley...what can I do for you?" he asks.

Becky jumps in "Well Twain says she needs some ID's for a....Oh look it up! its a surprise...so shut up, as you read it on your computer!"

Tim gets on his computer, then looks up what Becky is talking about and he chuckles a little when he finds it. That earns him the stare of death from Becky and a "HUSH! boy!"

"Well all I need is a last name and I can get that done for ya...as the rest is already in here."

Awww a last name? Sheeesh I gave ya all I can? Now you want me to make one up?" I whine out.

"Well think of one!"

I ponder on just that...I can think of many a name, but none seem to suite or fit me? I stand there so long thinking over it, that Becky hits me in the ribs with a hard nudge "WELL" she shouts at me.

"I am thinking!" I state.

"WELL! we don't have forever!"

"WELL! I do!" I boast.

"Hummm!" Becky sounds out and I can feel her near rage via our link.

Tim just laughs at us both. "Its like your married!"

Becky raises her hand at Tim and he backs up. "I am sorry?" he chuckles out.

Then it pops into my brain! 'Barron' my old friend. I can honor him, with that as a last name and it 'feels' right to me!

"I choose Barron!"

"Barron? Why? you do know what that means here?" she asks.

"Yes I do...but I am using it. That was a name of a long dead friend of mine. My using it, will honor him."

"Well then its fine by me!" Becky beams at me.

I then see Tim nod to me and start entering the new information on the screen. When he is done, he hands me a new card. This so called 'new' one even has that same photo on it. But this one is for the 'State of South Dakota'? I read on its front.

"What is this for? I don't understand it?" I ask ...more than puzzled 'so many ID's for one place? Why?" I think.

Becky just glances at me "You will find out...soon enough" she says most playfully to me.

I roll my eyes at her "Okay...this had better be good!"

"It will be...trust me!"

"I do! and have! you know that?"

All I get in reply is a most evil laugh from her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This is my newest story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe. This one here is my second one and hopefully its a good one.

But remember all. I am not leaving Shadowsblade behind! I will start writing her soon!

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with deamons within and the
out.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
215 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

into the real world

So we're starting to get Kyley/Vantier's trip to Whateley under way. As her and Becky start to get ready for her introduction to a world she's not truly seen, only read about. Wonder what her first impressions of it will be, and how she'll handle them much less the MCO? We'll have to wait and see what will happen next! Kudos!

Kyley is going to get her

Kyley is going to get her world expanded pretty rapidly now. Shall be interesting to see how she takes it all in, especially being a school that has pretty much all different types of mutants.

So her first adventure in the

So her first adventure in the new world is going to be the sturgis bike rally that should be interesting given how she likes to walk around naked. If one of the bikers tries something with her they will regret it,
but it should be fun for her.
Hopefully she doesn't get in her mind that is what the rest of the world is like all of the time

Sturgis during bike days???

Sturgis during bike days??? Nothing similar than
going from the freezer immediately into hot oil!
Very enjoyable!!!

alissa