Vantier a Whateley Tale chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

Vantier a Whateley Tale

Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to find her place in it.

In this chapter the pace quickens! the Dark Ones attack the mine, has only paused in this chapter. While Kyley rests...but the leader still waits...She seeks it out to end this battle!

He is saved from the death of his race and planet....to start all over again....but can she survive?
A human high school and being a teenager? Will she remember what was? And grow in power?

please take note...this story does start out slow...but once its rolling, its a RIDE!

most of my current stories can be found on Fictionmania

Or if you want to input more?

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

I lay there for near an hour....thinking of what the Dark One was up to? As I go over and over that deep in my mind, I hear Twain enter the room. Becky tries to shoo him away before he wakes me...but! Once I hear that voice of his, I pop instantly awake again.

"See what you did, you woke her!" Becky growls at him. Then smacks his arm rather hard!

As I lay there "Becky just let him in already! I am awake now" I see Twain enter my limited vision of staring straight up, since my head does not leave the pillow at all for him "So Twain, what do you want now?"

"Well Kyley I think we have it from here. We can handle the rest of this" he looks down at me and smiles that now fake smile of his at me. Becky calls this a 'plastic smile' and I now see why!

"TO hell you don't!" I bark at him so loudly it startles him "What we fought so far was just a minion. The main creature is still down there and getting ready to leave."

As I bark that at him, Becky translates for me. When she is done doing so. The Gunny walks over very fast to us all, from his place at the doorway, where he was working with his men "What do you mean minion? All that was caused by a lesser creature?"

"Yes" I hiss at him "It was started by something else that is farther away, deeper in. We stopped the minion from getting to it and letting it out. So what you should do now is use all those 'sensors' and cameras to look for it. Start by maybe looking for something, that someone on the outside might want to let lose on the world?"

"We have done just that for hours and found nothing, so far?"

"Well keep trying that and look for tricks in your computers. Reset them or go to 'back-ups?' as you call them? Or look elsewhere? As this might be a trick and its leading us off from where its really at? As I found via a link it made while trying to kill me, that it used computers to free that bunch of Weres and one more down there." I finish talking and lay back down. Both of the men get the clue, that I am done and leave while talking to each other.

About an hour passes and Gunny comes back over to me laying in my bed "Ahhh Kyley wake-up? We found something?"

When I hear that in translation. My eyes pop right open "What did you find? I bet you found something off out of that area didn't you?"

"Yes after a full reset and using the back-up computers and sensor units. We found two Weres off from the main group down another corridor. They seem to be trying to get in a very well armored and warded room of ours. What is listed in that room makes no sense at all? Its listed as harmless? But we checked again and our best found. That the records had been changed just today? and only a few hours ago?"

"Where....change made!?" I shout out at him...after Becky gets done translating for me.

"Well it was made in the back-up command center right near here? Why do you ask?" His look of puzzlement actually amuses me.

"Silly inexperienced human. You have a traitor in your midst!" I sass him.

After Becky gets done with that translation, her eyes are very wide now.

"What! you can't be sure of that!" he questions me.

"Ohh yes! That is what happened. I will wager that one of the first men you all sent down there, is now corrupted and controlled by what is down there. Also this traitor you have now, is waiting for the next part to come. So if I were you I would lock that whole building up and keep anyone from leaving it. OR the whole complex here! Till we find it!"

He turns from me and barks orders at one of his men for sometime. Then comes back over to me "How can we find this person?"

"I can........I feel them. But since this one is hidden I have to get closer....very close indeed. So lets get over there and find this creature in your midst!" I get up off my bed, not even waiting for Becky to translate that for me and go out the tents door.

I stand outside the tent waiting for the others to catch-up to me. Gunny finally comes out after Becky gets him up to speed on what needs to be done. He sees me waiting very impatiently just outside the tent and waves a waiting cart over to us all. As it stops near me, I jump in it and see Becky is about to get in the one of the next three in our caravan. As the driver starts to drive off, I yell out "STOP!"

"WHAT?" Gunny demands of me.

"Becky come here and sit here please?" I beg her.

"Why? I am just fine?"

I tell her in our 'code' "I am worried...okay? If one got this far, there could be others and I want you near me. I don't trust them at all, to do the right thing and protect you correctly."

Becky gets out of the cart back there with a huff and jumps into mine, after I near shove one of the other guards out of this one. I shot out to the driver "Go now....all good!"

"Its...you can go now its all good now" Becky corrects me.

I sigh out '..the lessons never end..'

"You can go now its all good now....better and are you happy...now?" I mumble out.

"Yes" She says more than pleased with herself. I figure she is showing me, she has some control over me yet again?

After a short trip, we roll up to one of the large cement block buildings that stand right by the entrance going into the deep mine. As I get out I notice that it seems that they dropped off a bunch of large metal boxes today and slid them all up to the sides of the building. I wonder why?

"Becky what are those boxes for?" I ask.

"Humm looks like some sort of expansion to the main building to me."

"Okay...but from now on stay right next to me...as its more dangerous now than ever" I say to her as we all walk into the temporary control center.

As I walk in the door I see a group of guards is all around it on both sides. Once the last of our small group is in, the door locks again and several guards stand in front of it. As we get in the large room, I now see and get why the boxes are along the walls of this building. Each one of the boxes now forms an extra room with computer equipment in it. 'humm that makes senses now. just keep this in one place and move to where you need it, so you don't have to have a dozen sets of them.'....I then see Gunny walk over to Mr. Twain near the door to talk. As I walk by I nod to him and get one back in reply. 'good it looks like we are on the same page' I think out.

I start to walk around the room and open my feelings out fully as I dare, with that beast Dark One nearby. I meander through the room with Becky in tow and the head guard nearby. As I walk, I get just...a drift of Dark One...every once and awhile? But no real firm feelings? So I keep moving randomly for several minutes till I see something change the same way near five times. One officer seems to move away each and every time I get near. So on this round, I get a little nearer to him or at least try to...But I find he uses the crowd to move away. I am now sure its him!

I lean over to Becky and say to her in our code "Becky for right now only look at my eyes...That one there, by the one other girl in the room just behind me. That is the one, I fear is the issue. Go tell Gunny and Twain. What's up please, then get into a corner with the men, we came in with and stay put!...please? Now take one quick look, as I move you and then go" as she nods to me. I spin her around so I can keep an eye on my target. When I am done, she nods that she saw who I was talking about.

I start to walk slowly over to him. I am trying hard to keep him pinned to one spot, by constantly changing my direction. I am rewarded by him backing into a corner, with near no way out past me.

I bark at him "Why are you fear...me?"

He starts backing up even more, as he yelps out "Hey why is the mutant after me!"

"I am not after you? are you fear me? you are only one here...is?" I hiss at him.

As I step forward, all the armed guards in the room are pulling out weapons and starting to aim at us both. Twain starts to talk...but old Gunny out yells him easily with his more than commanding voice. "She is fine...she is not your target...who ever she points out is!"

With that said all the men in the room now point their guns at the officer I pointed out. I can hear the weapons click allover the room. I found out, not long ago that sound means...I am about to shoot you!

"Your....only one here fear me? Why?" I ask again while I stalk toward him.

"Get this monster away from me! Help" he yells out.

"I am not going to hurt you, I am going to touch you and see if your corrupted or not?" I say in my language. Then Becky shouts across the room the translation for all to hear.

"NO! I won't let you do that!" he barks at me.

Then I hear Gunny yell out "Its either she does this or I order everyone to shoot you....Your choice?" the sound of his voice is firm and unyielding.

The officer finally nods..."Fine do it then"

I walk up to the officer and just barely touch his chest. As I reach out my feelings. What I get back is that the corruption is all in his head......he is a puppet now! of the beast below.

"He is one of them!" I bark out...but as I do, I realize I just made a mistake! This one here, has distracted me! I start to turn toward the threat, I now feel. When a person behind me, starts shifting its shape into a Were panther and grabs me in its very strong right arm. Then its left shoves, a huge blade deep into my left side! As it slides in me, I near fold from the pain. As what ever it is? Its tainted with Dark One blood allover it and the blade itself is magically enhanced. The creature, then lifts me off my feet to carry me and backs into the corner with its friend.

The officer barks at the room "We are leaving here now or she dies!"

The one who grabbed me, slides the blade out from my side and up to my neck. To add to the threat, his leader just made on me. Then says to me coldly in my ear has he holds me close and tight "With that blood in you....you will join us!"

I start to laugh loudly "You idiot!" I say in its language of the Dark Ones "You have no idea what or who I really am do you?" I laugh louder "GO AHEAD KILL ME! cut off my head! It would not be the first time, someone tried that with me!"

After I finish my answer to the threats, Becky yells out "NO! don't" to the room.

"HAAA Becky I fine. I am no hurt." I lie a little, the blade shoved in my guts did hurt a bit! HECK! it hurt allot and still does!

The officer shouts out once again "We are leaving, make way or she dies!"

They start to slide along the wall dragging me all the way. The large hole in my side drips my silver...golden blood that pops into light sparks, as it hits the floor. The tainted blood is near fully burnt out of me and the wound is healing up. I finally stop going with them, I stand my ground and don't move!

The Were on my back shouts in my ear "Move or I kill you!"

"You already said you would...I am waiting! and I am not moving from here on out!"

Well... the Were does what it said! AND sliced my throat! The blade slides across my neck, ...deep. GODS the pain from it! I have not felt pain like this in so long, I forgot what it felt like! and then the Were lets go of me. I fall down with my more than strange blood dripping all over my nice shirt and the floor below. As I my knees hit the floor and I am out of the line of fire! The men around me shoot. I hear near a hundred bullets zing over my head, as I fall to get out of the way of all that! I hit the floor and try real hard to close up the fresh wound across my neck with my hands. My healing is starting to help me, but its real slow going. As that blade was tainted and the magic on it is slowing it way down!

The two meat puppets behind me, are nearly blasted to bits. I roll on the floor for a bit as Becky tries hard to run over to me, but Gunny was holding her back. I finally get on my back, two medics jump right on top of me and drag me across the room behind the near wall of guards who.....just start right on firing even more as I get dragged on past them all.

As the medics drag me off and finally get me clear. Becky near falls on me crying "Kyley! don't die on me!"

I try to talk, but all I do is gush out more blood on the floor. I see some of it is black now. My mind clicks......its still tainted! I can't let Becky or the medics touch it!...I shove Becky away and both medics. They all keep trying to get at me. I try hard to stand back up and get away from them. Gunny finally realizes what I maybe trying to do.

Gunny barks at them "Stay back!...that blood of her's might be infected! with that crud, she is trying to keep you all away from it!"

One of the medics grabs from his kit bag, long thick gloves when he hears that and shows them to me "See I am protected and I have that vaccine in me too!"

I finally see what he doing, so I stop my trying to get away from him. He then starts into fixing me up, after I quiet down. First He tries to wash out the wound with some liquids and starts trying to close it up with his hands. The other medic finally joins in, after he got gloved up. He tries some kind of 'tape' to help the wound seal, while my healing does the rest.

As I lay there as still as I can, while the medics work on me. Becky has snatched up my right hand and is squeezing it like mad while looking in to my eyes "Its okay, they will fix you right up!" Becky cries at me.

I lay there wanting to nod to her and give her some comfort... but I can't. So what I do is try to just squeeze her hand once an a while, as she spoke to me.

The medics finish their work on me and then place me on a stretcher. As they carry me out, I grab Becky closer to my face to wheeze out to her "Burn the bodies and isolate that blade!" I then squeeze her hand again to emphasize my point.

The medics load me on a cart outside and start to take me over to the medical center. I grab Becky once I see where we are headed too and lean her down to me 'Too much pain there. Don't take me in there.....please? I want to be near the men and the mine entrance. Incase I am needed?"

Becky smacks the back of the driver to get him to stop "Take us back to the assembly area!"

"Why? go back?" yelps the medic next to me.

"That medical center, she can feel all the pain and other bad feelings drifting around in there. It hurts her to be near it. Lets go back there...please? As back there in the assembly area, she can be near the guards and help if needed? AND! she near begged for this...SO! go back, darn it!"

The Driver and medic. Both know by now, trying to fight Becky is a no win situation and the cart turns back around. Within a few minutes, they are carrying me into that same tent, that I rested in before. But this time I find near a dozen guards on it and all of them are wearing a different uniform than the men who work here. 'Ahh smart man Gunny...he put all the new arrivals to guarding the vital things here. As anyone who was here or went down in the main mine, can not be fully trusted now! I am liking that old man even more!' I think to myself.

They get me inside the tent and lay me on a bed near the center of it. Becky grabs up a chair and sits right next to me so she can watch over me. I close my eyes, as I feel a bit more safe. I find that the life energy of the area is flowing into me at a great rate now, so my healing of the two wounds kicks into high gear. As it does I fall off to mediate and feel out to see if that Beast is nearby!

I extend out my feelings into the realm of dreams or spirits some call it and flow toward where I think he is at. Once near there I find many humans or mutants are strengthening the wards of both magic and physic around that section of the mines. From here all I can feel from the beast trapped below is frustration and a sense of doom coming at it. I smile inwardly at that.

After laying quiet for near an hour I hear a small metallic 'click' and I know that sound! Its a gun being readied for use. My eye pop open and I almost jump out of the bed. When I sit-up Becky sees me and lays a hand on my chest "Its fine all is safe" she softly says to me.

Becky then chews on Gunny standing there. "See I told you would wake her with this thing!" She say to him while taking a pistol from him.

"Okay but I felt you needed it just incase? But do you know how to use one?"

"Sure I do!" Becky takes the pistol in her hand ejects the magazine and checks its all full, then slams it home. Then she racks the slide quickly and makes sure the safety is on "See I am from Georgia. In my family, I shot these just after I learned to walk!"

"Humm" he tones out "Sure does look that way. Here is a holster and the extras to go with it." After he hands them to her, he walks off after nodding my way.

"Good!" I say rolling to my feet off the bunk "I see that Gunny armed you just in case. That is why I like that man. He thinks ahead and takes care of things himself. Lets go back to the command center building. As I have to get back down there and stop this beast of darkness before it gets out." I start to stand and Becky tries to hold me back.

"You have to rest more I think. As you nearly got killed!... back there!" She near cries at me.

"I am fine Becky..." as I say that, I take off the wound dressings from around my neck "See all healed up!"

Becky leans down to look "Bullshit! there is a RED MARK! still. That tells me its still fresh and you need time?" the pleading in her voice actually...hurts me. She really cares and it shows now.

"I have to go now. I feel that beast getting active now and if I don't stop it what will?" I ask her.

"Your right" she sighs out "your the only one here that knows what this beast is and can kill it. So lets get going and get this over with!"

After we get outside the tent, I scoop up Becky and take off toward the temporary command center. I land after that short fight and near run into the door. As I enter the room, off on one side I see Gunny standing with Twain. My mind tells me this is the best place to start...is with these two. So I start walking over to them. As I plow through the crowd, I notice that Twain sees me coming and turns to meet me.

"So Kyley back?" he asks me.

As Becky walks up to us all, she translates the question for me. "Yes and its time we finish this. Where were the two Weres, you said broke off the main group again?"

Gunny leads me over to a large table that shows a map of the whole complex.
"Well Kyley. The two who broke off are in this room" He points at the table and a room on it lights up red "That room is one full level below the floor you have been fighting on. In that room is a being...what type it is we don't know? We listed it as Class 'X' and since it was we sealed it in there to keep anyone from harm."

I wait for Becky to translate what Gunny said. But then I ask her what a 'Class 'X' is? What she says back to me as a description, kind of surprises me. As what a Class 'X' is....is me! in lots of ways!

"Okay Gunny I see what the area looks like now. Have you had any other issues with the Weres outside of those two? Or all of them accounted for and dead?" I ask him while, I change the floor levels on the map and commit the whole map to my memory.

"None so far and they all seem to be accounted for as far as we can tell? Remember, you and us did blast many of the them to ash or bits in the last few hours. So counts for them all maybe off?" he shakes his head....thinking some might have been missed?

I did not like hearing that at all. That there might still be some of these running about. But that will have to wait. I have to kill off the 'boss' of them all and get this over with now!

"Gunny? lets get me down there and in that room? I have to have a little one way chat with this Beast!" I say with a very evil smile on my face.

"Fine lets get you down there and end this as you said!"

I turn to Becky again "Stay here and same as last time. Please take care of yourself!"

She just stands and says nothing to me. The silence just kills me. As back home, the whole family fought! So none got left behind.

Gunny walks over to one of his men and grabs him hard by his body armor, Then drags him to stand by Becky "Take care of this lady.. or its your butt!"

After he is done and happy it seems, he leads the way outside for me. Once we get outside we hop into a van, but this time I see its filled with troops. AND these are different ones? these unlike the others I have seen so far? Have way different gear on them and they 'feel?' different? They all might be mutants or something?

After the elevator carrying the van stops at the lowest point the elevator goes to. The armored door of it opens up and shows me a hallway just full of men and equipment. The van pulls out of the armored box a few dozen yards and Gunny jumps out. I take his cue that this is the last stop and hop out.

I walk with Gunny down the hallway toward a large barricade that seems to be made to do just this purpose. What I see is, a metal wall fill the whole hallway with doors built in it for vehicles and personal. Also along its whole length there are slits for firing weapons from.

I ask Gunny via Becky "So is this the level we need?"

"Ahhh nope that one that I showed you, is three levels farther down. We have to go down this hallway to another elevator to get there." He starts to pull up a map on a display that hangs on the wall to show me.

"Humm fine by me. So lets get going?" I ask him.

I stand there watching, as he gathers up the team of men that came down with us and more? As I see him doing that, I guess I should get ready too. So, I grow up to my full size and call out my Axe.

"Gunny...we ready?"

He nods back to me and signals a man to open the barricade doors for us all. After the door is open, he walks through it "Age before beauty!" he says while doing it.

I soon get a translation with a bunch of giggles... then Becky jests out "Hey Gunny, she is the old one there! You cute old man you!" the laughing starts like mad, on the radio net.

All I can do is shake my head at that 'if these humans only knew what was waiting down there. they would not be laughing'

We stalk down the hallways. Gunny's team looks in every nook and cranny for targets as we go. We all wind slowly down the hallway to the armored elevator there. When we all stop Gunny calls up to the control room for the door to be opened and we all pile in it.

As we go down, one of the team says out "We are on an express elevator to hell going down!"

Then one says "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit! Its the only way to be sure?"

The next one starts to open his mouth up! I shout out "SHUT UP! Do you have any clue what is down there! As if you really did....you would soil yourselves!"

Becky translates that over the radio net for all. Then the man I interrupted stares at me with eyes of rage now. I see his rage and feel it. Gunny sees his reaction and barks at him "Cool off you moron! She is right, you have no clue what is down there!" The look he garners from the old guy could melt steel!

The door finally opens to the level we need. The rest of the group seem to be cautious as they exit the elevator. But me, I just stride right out of the elevator without a care. As I know this beast! Its waiting for me to get to it and fight! Then if it wins, it will take over these men and travel up to the ground level. Then get away from here. So why ambush them here and waste good bodies to use later?

I lead the group down the hallway at a good speed that surprises Gunny so much he stops me with a shout "Why are we going so fast Kyley? its dangerous to do so!"

"Gunny...this beast will not kill all of you here. It makes no sense to it. It would be a waste to do so. This 'thing' wants me! and after its killed me. It will take over your bodies and get up to the surface. Then get away...or start a slaughter!" on the last word I turn away from him and keep walking down the hallway.

Finally we get to the huge metal door to the section we need. I see it first, as I am in the lead. I find it has been ripped off its mountings, by something far stronger than a regular Were. The beast within must have boosted its strength very high indeed! So it can get it out of the complex. I have to wonder why it did not do this to all of the Weres it controlled? Maybe it could not, as it cost too much energy?

I look into the next room and find both Weres...just standing there...waiting? After I see this I lean back out of the doorway, then look over to Gunny "There are two Weres in there and they are waiting. My guess they are waiting for me. So I will go in alone."

As I say that, one of the team says right after the radio net finishes with the translation "Heck with that LETS! end them!" he then jumps right past me into the room.

The team member does not even get his rifle level with the targets after he got into the room, when his mind snaps from seeing the Tainted Weres and the Darkness they leak out. He stumbles back out of the room past me, screaming like mad, desperately trying to 'CLAW' his eyes out of his face! I try hard to grab him and calm his raging mind. But he spins away from the group of us, back down the hallway. I try hard to push past our large group to get at him. As I move toward him, I can see he succeeded in clawing the eyes from his face and the empty bloody holes stare back at me. I almost have him in my hands. I finally get one of his arms in my hands, But before I can help....he pulls out his pistol and shoots himself.......to stop the madness and pain in his mind.

I simply let go of his arm and the body slides to the floor to land with a meaty thud. The echo from it fills the hallway "SEE! what happens when you don't listen to ME!" I near cry "THIS happens, your friend did not need to die...just LISTEN TO ME!"

I walk to the wall, to lean against it with my arm out and my head down in thought. I felt him going.. The madness filling him.. all that pain and terror! My mind is trying to process it all, when Gunny grabs my shoulder "He made the mistake...not you. So let it go?...." He pauses to slap me on the back "Now lets kill this beast and go have fun afterward!"

I nod back to him "Lets!"

With that said I walk over to the armored door and ready my Axe. First I tap its gem to ready a 'warding' spell, to seal the room off from the outside and keep this beast and its minions put! After the gem lit fully, I burned its symbol into the doors face to set the ward in place. After I see its fully set, I add even more of my wards on top of it to be sure!

"Well Gunny I am off. Nothing gets out of this room!...but me?" I laugh out.

I then slide into the doorway not waiting for a reply from him. As I enter the room, I find both Weres have their backs to me desperately pounding on the door trying to open it. My Axe is ready in my hand and I push a large charge of my energy into it, to give it more power in this fight! Doing so may cost me allot of energy, but I need that 'edge' it gives me.

"Ahhh Beast! that is not going to work!" I yell out as, I cleave the nearest one in half.

My Axe just finished chopping one down and the other turns to jump on me! He starts to beating me with one arm. While he tries real hard to bite through my left arm, I had held up in defense of the blows to come. His hammer blows are hurting bad, then the crushing force on my arm is not better and I am starting to hear what can loosely be called bones in that arm breaking.

I get my Axe back into the fight and bash the Were in the head with it. That blow knocks him off me...but does not kill him, as I did no have enough 'swing' in the blow. As he rolls off me, I spring up and try to slice him, with a cross swing of my blade to his guts and I miss as he leaps out of the way. But that move was a mistake on his part! I reach out with my left hand and extend the armor covering it into a blade and slice him badly in the back as he leaps. His body lands with a crunch and a howl of pain!

When I hear that howl, a Deep smile covers my face! 'suffer Dark one feel that pain! let it burn you!' I think as it howls out in pain.

The Were lays there trying hard to get back up, but my slice was very deep into is back and may have cut its spine. I walk slowly up to it, being cautious that it maybe trying a trick. When I see that it is wounded so badly, it will take it hours to heal the wound enough to get back up. I form a energy ball and shove it deep in the wound on its back, till I sink my arm near to my elbow. I let the ball go and stand back. To wait for it to go off and end this meat puppet of the Dark one!

As the energy ball of mine goes off finally, I get to watch with some satisfaction the Were dissolve into ash from the inside out! I laugh out as the last bit of ash floats around the room. Then I go and pound hard on the final door between me and it. I scream out at the door and the Dark one behind it "I am coming for you! You will die this day!" I yell out in the language of the Dark ones.

I yell over my shoulder "Gunny open this final door! NOW!"

"Can do!" and he turns to his radio net, to get the command center on that action.

I stand there waiting what seems to me hours! and then Gunny finally yells back into me. "The door is opening right now! and your going to need this too!" He then tosses in a simple looking metal key on the rooms floor near my feet.

I look down at the key 'a simple metal key keeps this Dark one trapped?' I think as I go to pick it up.

As I pick up that key, I find it just drips with magic! I see now this is the final 'seal' to all the wards on that room! So I look at the door and find the 'lock face' and shove the key home into it. I give it a turn and hear, then feel the final locks on the door drop away and the wards open to me and only me! since I hold the key.

I get ready to go into the room, but first I grab up my radio "Becky I am going in now. If I don't come back....have a good life!" I then turn it off, so I don't have to hear her reply. I then drop it to the floor, as I no longer need it and taking it in there. Might give the Dark one inside a bridge to get out via it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Up on the surface, at that radio's other end

Beck hears my final message. Then starts crying and screaming into the radio "Kyley! come back, talk to me! Say something darn it!"

The guard who watches over her, simply says to her "She turned it off. She can't hear you?"

Becky shakes her head at that statement "No! This can't end like this!"

The guard goes to hold her and give what little comfort a stranger can.

Becky pulls away from him to yell at the now useless radio again "Kyley Come back. Darn it you better live though this! God darn it this is not fair!" she says while shaking in anger.

As Becky stops and sobs more, Gunny's voice crackles over the radio "Becky? She is going to do her job in life right now!...YOU! wait to do yours till she comes back out. AND my bet is she will, as this kid is a strong one!"

"But that was not a goodbye?" she sobs at the radio to the now distant Gunny.

"No it was not, but? considering what she has to do and think about right now...it was the best she could do?...understand me?" the old soldiers voice tries to calm her.

"BUT! But Kyley come back!" she yells at the radio again.

"Hush now....and wait. Your job will come again soon as she comes back out....one way or another?"

Becky now angry at that thought of 'other', then slams the radio to the wall of the command center with a vicious throw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the mine.

I finally open the door and walk slowly inside. I close the door behind me and look over the room. To see a large box in one corner covered in runes, with its top clearly melted off. I bet that was the first layer of protection that fell long ago and let the Dark one have enough power to control the already tainted Weres.

As my eyes scan the room, I see a mass of ever changing, flowing darkness surrounding a mass of tentacles in the far corner from me. The mass changes shapes and becomes ever more solid as time passes.

I look it up and down. Then say to it in the Dark ones language "You almost got out, but you didn't quite make it! I seem to have spoiled your plans for this day...BEAST!"

"My plans are not over yet! Your still here and I plan on riding your body out of here today!" I hear its voice trying to corrupt me and take me over.

I near giggle at its lame attempts at controlling me "You will find Dark One. That my mind is far more durable and hard to take over than the others you found here this day!"

"Humm?" I hear it ponder out "Maybe this will weaken you a bit!" it hisses at me.

I watch it closely, as I move about the room trying to get a better angle on it for the fight to come and it starts to shift its shape? It becomes more and more solid. TILL! I finally see what it is becoming!

I scream at it "OHHH! your going to pay for this! BEAST I swear it!" I now yell at the monster now wearing my long dead wife's visage.

"Good! This form I now wear, has meaning to you! I can bring her back to you, if you join with me and swear your life an soul to me?" the Dark one says to me in a sultry persuasive voice.

"Never going to happen BEAST! You are so much less than me, you can't even see it!" I howl at it!

I watch as my wife's face change expression to one very familiar to me. She is thinking about something? "Humm I am now looking at what I found in your mind ..during our last little chat?" Then her face changes to one of surprise! and hisses at me "What are you doing here you're supposed to be gone"

I laugh at the beast "Finally you figured something out did you? We are back! and we are here to stay! there's going to be more of us soon. I know you're cut off and you can't tell your kind that I'm here!" I jest at it.

I feel that it's a minor dark one, barely over a baby's age It has only fundamentally lived a life of ten or 20,000 years. I can now feel that it's trying to pierce a way out here and slide into a separate dimension to escape me!

I bark out at it "There's no escape for you...this place is pretty well-built! The humans made this very room of a metal that, will not let you slide into another world so easily! BEAST! Your going to die here today!"

The Dark one roared at me "I am immortal! I can not die!"

"Not today your not!" I sassed, at him liken to a small child in my tone of voice. I was making fun of 'it' to give me an edge.

All it can do, is growl and hiss back at me.

"You know who and what I am? YET?" I keep on prodding it.

"Your a warrior of the light!" I hisses back.

"No....I'm the king of the warriors of the light!' I boast to it.

I says back in a low voice "The Van's Guard? are you?"

I shake my head at it "No not Van's Guard?.... VANTIER! 'the guard!' you fool!"

Then it cringes back in fear knowing what it's looking at now....that it's looking its death in the face!

I tell it "You can either make this an easy death. Or you can drag it out! You will tell me what I need to know!"

I see it thinks for a while, I can feel the fear leaking off it. Once more it tries to squirm away and slide into another dimension. I see this act! So...I throw some more magic wards on the room to make sure it is not going anywhere.

Then suddenly a mass of sickly black tentacles flows across the floor at me! All of it surrounded by a dense black fog that would kill a unprotected man in mere seconds. I start into hacking at the mass, while I let off blasts of my 'light' at it. The parts the light touches turn to ash with each hit.

The Dark one changes its attack from that, to...one large arm hitting me solidly and tossing me against the far wall. That blow hit with near enough force to render me unconscious....but I barely held on. The next attack it tries, is a tentacle with a wicked sharp point. That it sends at me, with blinding speed. The tip smashes into my armor, that blunts the blow somewhat. But I feel my chest cave-in from the hit and my 'wind' is knocked from me. It retreats to gather for its next attack on me and I roll back to my feet from that blow. I can now feel that some of my chest is badly hurt from that blow and now I find my movement slowed.

My hand takes up my Axes shaft higher up and lose my energy into it. To greatly boost is power. I stand ready, to leap on the Beast...but it acts first! With a burst of blinding speed, it wraps around both of my legs and pins them together. Then starts to crushing them both. I hack at the mass with my Axe for several minutes, to near no avail. As it seems to replace its mass, as fast as I can hack at it.

Nightwing my bird and companion in life, screams in my head. To let it out into this fight!

'Shut up you darn bird! There is no room in here for you to fly in! So just lend me your strength and be quiet!' I think to her.

She relents, then gives me my request! and with that burst of power. I chop at the mass even faster now. With my renewed attacks the mass is losing the fight now, But the Beast is no where near done. It reforms from my wife's visage with a mass of black tentacles for legs, to one with a giant maw, that I get flung into deeply. Once in it, I see rows of sharp teeth, that tries to grind and tear me up.

I yell out "You just made a mistake! Dark one!" after I say that. I push a ton of my light into my armor, to charge it up. The power of it all just rests beneath the surface of my black armor ...waiting! I act! I let lose with spikes from my armor once more, but this time as they pierce the Beast. I send out 'light' deep into it via the spikes from my armor. What that light touches turns to ash and the beast screams in pain.

The Dark one, then lets go of the 'meal' it could not swallow! and spits me out again. I hit the wall and slide down it covered in ichor and black slimes. I shake off the blow and stand up, But this time? I find I am more than dazed. Me using that much energy in one attack, has left me drained badly. In my old body this would be an easy fight, but this new me is far less than what I was.

I watch as it reels back in pain, from my last attack and I jest at it "Your done now? Why not give up?"

"Never! warrior. My kind never gives up! We will always go on, to kill your kind!"

As it ends the short speech. I can now hear it calling up dark magic to fight me. Then the sound it makes changes to spellwork to attack my mind?

I laugh "Haa Dark one the only magic that is in this room is all mine. This room was made null to all you can do! Keep on trying, I am liking this fight! You amuse me with your attempts at winning it!"

It strikes out hard! My banter seems to have gotten too it? It slams me with a great mass of limbs and who knows what all. I hack at it and charge up my Axe again to keep up with the flow. I feel my reserves are near gone and I have no more to call upon. As I already spent what Nightwing had. I hack and hack at it for hours, I try to get the upper hand more than once. But find no way to win this? I feel I might lose this fight. The thoughts of it darken my mind and I almost give up.

But I find that little part...that one thing that will happen if I lose!

Becky, Gunny and those nice kids above me will all die! As when I lose, this monster will peel my mind apart. To find out who, I cared for and punish them for even knowing me!

That is what I needed to shove that creeping darkness from me! I renew my attacks on the mass and find I am gaining ground fast! I seem to have hurt it enough, that it is dieing. As now I start to see more parts of it covered in ash and withering away.

"I see your almost done Dark one. Your finished!" I bark at it.

"I will not die! this day!" it yelps out in pain and fear. None of it voice sounded to me like it even thought it was going to win. IT HAS GIVEN UP!

I hack even harder at it, now that I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

"Spare me!" it bellows at me "I will swear service to you!"

I keep on slicing and blasting with my 'light' "Swear to me your life and soul...forever! Give me your true name now! and I might spare you?" I ask it, as more and more parts of it turn to ash.

I finally hear it grovel out its.. true name! AND I stop my attack on it. As now I have power over it and it has no defense to any of my attacks....from here on out.

I see it flow into the corner to cower at my approach. "So you finally yield to me?"

"Yes, all that I am....is yours!" It cries out

I step up to it and ready my Axe's gem for the final blow. Once I see its ready, I get up to it and ask it "Show me your head and heart NOW or DIE!"

I watch as the mass flows and I see my target. When I am sure of it. I say its name into my gem and slam it down on its heart and center of being.

As it fades into the gem "You said you would spare me!"

"I lied! I own you now and you serve as I see fit!" I say to it, as it finishes flowing into the gem for my use later.

I won!

I stagger toward the door. I can barely walk now I am so tired. I spent all I had in this fight and now I am fighting just to stay conscious. I am so hungry for life force to draw on! I need to get outside, where I can recharge! I try the key in the lock and I find that I have to try over and over. As my mind is so foggy, after several tries, it works and the door opens. When it does I have to put my shoulder into it to open it up and I fall to the floor.

I think to myself 'This floor is soft enough, Why don't I rest here for a few minutes?. BUT! I can't! If I lay down here and fall off to rest. I will sleep till someone finds me and as hungry for life force as I now am. I will consume them! I can't do that!'

I get back to my feet and fall once again. But this time I land on the radio, I left behind. I grab it up, as I rollover to my side and my mind takes sometime to remember how to turn it on.

My weak scratchy voice says to it "Becky?.....Becky? you there?...please be there!?"

I finally roll over to my back with effort and hear nothing from the radio. As I check to make sure its on....THEN it crackles back to me "Kyley? is that you?"

"Yes and who or what else would be calling you?" I jest back to her.

She cries at me "Your alive! I gave up! on you!....Its been over SIX! hours since you went in that door. Twain was thinking to use a bomb and seal it up...with you in it!"

"Well tell him to stop...I am back now. But I have a small problem?" I moan out, coming close once again, to passing out.

"What! are you hurt! I will send Gunny in to get you!" As she says that. I can hear his men just outside the door. I can even see that yummy life, in each one calling to me to.....feed on it! I have to push away, that urge to feed.

I bark at her in our 'code' "NO! DON'T have them come in here to me! I am very weak and I spent all I had in this fight. If they come in here, I will kill them and feed off their life to recharge me. Tell them something? anything? That makes sense...so that they understand that, I can't be touched or be near any of you for a time. I have to get back to the surface? somehow? But I am too weak to walk all that way... now."

"I will...give me a moment!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Up top with Becky

Becky turns to Twain "Mr. Twain? Kyley is Ok but, hurt a bit and can't walk herself out of there and she needs help." Twain is about to say something.. but Becky's hand stops him "She needs a way out from down there, done so that none of us touch her. Until she is better, as this fight hurt her and she needs time away from humans to heal up right."

"Are you sure? She is not one of those 'puppets' now?" he asks.

"NO? but if she was? She is now out and can get all the way out! So does it matter?"

"Fine....ideas? anyone?" he asks the room.

"Ahh sir?" one man at a console says "We can get robot cart down to that rooms door and she can get on that. Then we can drive it up to the surface and she is out?"

"Do it! and lets get her out of there!"

Becky moves from the mass of men working on the issue, to talk to the radio and me again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kyley? They are going to clear the whole passage way up to the surface and send a robot cart to you? All you have to do is get out of that one room and get on it? Can you do that?" her voice trembles asking me.

"I can try?" is all I can eke out.

"NO! your not trying...YOUR! doing this. Don't make me come down there and hurt you! By tossing your butt on it............myself!" She roars at me.

"Yes mom? I will do it" I laugh at her.

"I am not your mom! I am not that old darn it!"

"Are you sure? You do sound like her allot? Maybe your reincarnated?" I ask.

"Just get on the cart darn it!"

I lay there waiting forever in my head. I hear Gunny's men leave, part of me wants to get at them and feed! 'those ohh so filling life forces walking away!' part of me near screams out.

After its all quiet for sometime, I hear a bump at the well battered doorway. Then radio comes to life again, with Becky's sweet voice on it "The cart is there Kyley....get on it!"

I Get up and stagger like a drunken sailor to the door. When I get there, I see the cart on the other side and I near crawl on top of it. As I lay there, I see a camera swivel to me and tilt down to se me better. A speaker on it crackles to life...then it says in Becky's voice "Got ya.. now relax, its all clear to the top and safe!"

I lay on its smooth deck and ride it to the elevator. When I get there to the door, it opens up for us. After a long and bumpy ride up and down all the hallways to outside. The last elevator door opens up and I see daylight spill onto me. I squint up at the sun and breath out now. I can feel the free flow of 'life' in the area filling me. But I need more!

I smack the camera to gets its attention on me "Becky I have to go and recharge away from here. I promise I will be back! This might take a day or two...but tell Twain I will be back ...soon!"

I flop off the cart to the ground and lose my wings from my back. I get up and hop into flight and fly up many thousands of feet. Once I get high enough. I pick a direction, go to top speed and I streak off in a blur of light.

I spent what little I just gained to get to this speed. I know I needed to, so I can get away from hurting anyone back there. I look down and see what I need, a place with no one near it. I stop to a hover and glide down to a grass filled meadow in the hills far beyond the complex.

As my feet hit the ground, I form my armor back into its bracelet and shrink down to my now 'normal' size. I lay down on the soft grass to rest. As I lay down in the grass, I see my body suck all the life from the nearby area. The plants all wither fast and die around me for near a hundred feet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday June 17 2007 3:25 pm
Deep in the hills North of the
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

My eyes snap open from a deep peaceful dream of home. My body sits up without me telling it to and I look around me.

"SHIT I am still here! I had hoped this 'was' the nightmare part!" my more than disappointed and angry voice near yells out.

'Well I had better get going. Becky will be upset and waiting for me.' I think to myself.

I stand up and look about me. The sight I see is, me surrounded by a circle of ash. That lays over one hundred feet all around me. "Humm" I tone out "So this is what happens now? When I drain myself badly. Well this is far better than ten or twenty dead humans!"

I look myself over "Man I am dirty! All that ash clung to me! Well time to fly!...heck I wonder what time it is? I have last track of it?....shoot! I could have laid here for days!" I say as I unfold my wings and take off.

As I fly off, I try to get my bearings to where I am at. I fly in lazy circles till, I see where I need to go and fly off that way. After a few hours of flying, I find myself over the mine area and then I see my house! I swoop on down to its front door and walk right in. When I walk in, I see Becky fast asleep on my couch and she looks like a wreck. I creep over to her, so as not to wake her up. Then I study her, I find via bending down. It looks to me like, she has been crying all this time. Then fell asleep exhausted.

Well I don't want to wake her just yet, so I slowly creep off into my bedroom and close the door softly. Once inside I strip down and hop into the shower. As I hop out of the shower, all clean of that awful ash. I listen to the house and find Becky sounds like she is still asleep? So I finish getting my things on, then I walk out to the living room and still see her on the couch sound asleep. I kneel down next to her and softly touch her head, so I can get a feeling off her. I find in her, anxiousness and some sadness? I then reach far deeper into her and push all that away. Then I replace it all with happiness, by pulling out her old happy memories. I finish up all my work on her and keep that nice peaceful flow of dreams in her head.

I get back up from my work and I certainly 'feel' hungry! AND I mean not eat humans hungry! I internally giggle. Time! To go get FOOD! So my plans are made and destination fixed! ...commissary! I near run out of the house to it.

As I walk into the commissary. The line in front of me near vanishes, as most of the people lined up for dinner make way for me? Most of them whisper to each other and nod to me from time to time. I don't get it? But I wait my turn and get to my usual cook I order from.

"Hey what good tonight? I ask him.

He smiles at me "Kyley you can have what ever you want! You saved enough of the guards this week, you might not have to pay for food here again!"

"Humm?" I sound out....taking my time to process what he said "Okay....I was just doing my job?....What I do?.....but I want pizza for me and Becky! Then what ...you think her...best food?" I ask, trying real hard to get it right.

The cook ponders my question for a few "Humm Becky loves the hamburgers and the wings here...so? Why not both! But? what pizza do you want? cheese or the pepperoni?"

"....Both!" I yelp.

I patently Wait for the order to be cooked... But I see that, some new snacks have come in! 'Cool!' I think 'New stuff to try!' So I grab near or more one of each, then return to my spot. Now my tray is piled high with snack bags and packages. When the food is done, the cook points to the check-out and tells me to go there. As he will bag it all for me and bring it to me there. When I hear that, I say "Thanks!" Then slide my tray down the line to the end. When I get near there, I am paying more attention to the sodas in the ice bin...then to the person at the lines end. As I glance over there, I see Gunny standing there waiting for me?

"Ohh Hi Gunny! All good down there?" I ask him, Then I remember I might be needed and my face changes mood "More bad...you find?"

"No!" He laughs at me "We found them all. I just heard you showed back up and did not even come over to us? Why if I may ask?"

I took a few moments to puzzle out what he said to me "I think all was done? I feel no more? Did you found more?!" I question him more than worried.

"No...Kyley...No! there are no more to fight. But maybe you should have come over to the command center and seen us before...eating?" he chuckles out.

"Why? all done. So no need? Any way, I not like Twain or talk him! Your okay...no him?" I crack a half smile thinking, me not going to him first after I woke up. Must be really making him mad!

Gunny's big laugh fills the room "Haa lots of us here don't like him! But thanks for the vote, that you like me over him!. So, I guess your filling up? Then your going to see Becky and make her happy again? As she was real mad at you after that last radio call you did. Then you disappearing for days! ... " He suddenly stops at the end, when he sees my more than puzzled face, that covers my mind. That is trying hard to keep up with what he said.

I understand most of what he said and I file the unknown parts mentally away to question later on. "Ahh....welcome? I go see Becky now?"

"Sorry I forget sometimes, that you did not even know how to say 'hello' a few months back. But you go and have fun.....then come get me and I will fill you in from there?" he asks me.

I get most of it. So I nod to him, as I pull out my ID card to pay for the mass of food in front of me. As the lady there takes the ID card I offer, Gunny snatches it and hands it back to me.

"Your money is no good here...from now on!" he states to me.

My more than confused look that comes over my face, as I look at both the ID card and him. This look of mine makes him and the lady laugh out and giggle like mad.

"Money no good? Is all gone?" I ask as I shake my head.

"No... its all fine. For what you did, you eat for free from here on. Its a gift! I am paying for it all. Do you understand?" he asks me.

I nod to him "Yes I do. But I like to pay for me?"

"Okay I understand that. You want to pay for yourself...But your family now, in my opinion and family does not pay for anything here. Besides the guys would skin me for letting you pay for food here" he jests me.

"I know now Gunny. I am going,... go to get to Becky and have fun?" I tell him as I pick up that bags of food.

"Fine....you go have fun with her. But! come see me soon? Okay?"

"Okay!" I say as I walk off.

Gunny turns to the lady at the cash register "Put all her purchases on the Security budget from now on and include any of her fiends Becky's too .... please?" the lady nods back "Can do Gunny....have a nice day!'

I open the back door of my house slowly, as quietly as possible. Once I am in I drop the bags on the kitchen counter, then pull out the hot food for Becky and me. I walk into the living room and find Becky exactly where I left her. Once all the hot food is set on table, I kneel at Becky's side.

I shake her softly "Becky? wake up please? I brought food for us to eat."

I am soon rewarded by her stirring awake and yawning at me "Huumm what?" she says as her eyes open. THEN they open WIDE in shock, as they see my face. She then jumps at me and knocks me over onto the floor "KYLEY! YOUR BACK!" She sings out, while sitting on my chest.

"I said I would be back? Didn't I?" I question her.

"Yes you did! But why did you do that to me on the radio! That last call of yours! A quick 'goodbye!' and you did not let me talk back to you! EWOOOOO! I am so mad at you for that!" she actually slaps me quite hard! As she says that.

"Well with that attitude I guess dinner is off? AND your acting like my mom even more now....." I tilt my head pondering at her "But mom does hit far harder than you do....so maybe? You are not her, reincarnated after all?"

That last line earns me, an even harder slap and a good punch to the chest from her!

"I was wrong .....your her alright!" I laugh out.

"Let me show you, I am not your 'mom'!" she says just before leaning down to give me a very deep kiss "WELL! does your 'mom' do that?!" she asks me when she finally comes up for a breath.

"Ahhh no and yes?" I say to her, with a evil grin.

"AND! what does that mean?" she near growls at me.

"Mom did kiss me...but? You give far better tongue!" I say in a more than flirtatious voice.

"So? Are we having that talk, I asked about a long time back? When you said back then 'not now, I like to keep you as a teacher and friend in our relationship. But we can talk about other arrangements later on'..." she asks me.

"Yes and after dinner maybe? We can get farther into that question? As I feel that time is now?" I wink at her.

"I think we should talk now?" she near demands.

"The food is getting cold?" I say dryly.

I earn a small slap to my chest for that one. Then she gets up off me, back on the couch. I roll up to my feet and sit next to her. Then I start pulling out the food and placing her's in front of her.

"Becky I am sorry about all that? But I had to keep my mind on, what I was about to do? You understand?" I ask

She picks up a hamburger box and starts to get the burger out "Yes I do. What did you find and fight down there?"

I choke out "A Dark one, like one of those that......destroyed all I.....loved" as tears start to drip off my face now.

Becky puts that box down and draws me up into a deep hug "Hey its dead and you killed it!"

I shake my head to her, as she rocks me in that hug "I did not kill it. But I am going to use it, what it is, what it can do and what it knows!" I whisper to her.

She whispers back "Why? Did you not end it? It was your right too and it deserved it!"

"That's not my way. This way it serves me and I get use out of it! But lets eat....please?" I ask softly trying to change the subject.

She finally lets go of me to say "If you need more of that.... please ask me? I am here for you!"

"Thanks....I might need that...soon. As I am still thinking of what to do with it? and as I do? It brings up many bad memories of back then" I say as I grab a pizza box from the table.

As the day goes on, me and Becky both just sit and watch the TV most of the day. Once and a while I get up and grab more snacks for us both. But soon enough. I fall near asleep exhausted on the couch, from all the fighting I just did days ago and Becky is snuggled up on top of me. I truly think she is guarding me tonight as I rest, instead of the other way around!

Come later that night. I get up feeling a bit anxious to see, what that Dark One had in it I can use? But I have Becky here and I need rest. So I pick up Becky very gently, so as not to wake her. I then take her to the bedroom so we both can be more comfortable. Becky wakes as I walk her to the bed "Hey how about I go back to my place and let you rest alone? If that's what you want or need?" she asks me with a smile.

I shrug my shoulders "Its up to you? I do need vast more rest. As I nearly passed out from the fight? But I do like having you near...it gives me comfort!"

"Well then! I want to be near you too! But you need some rest and me being here will not speed that up at all. As you always feel the need to take care of me! So put me down and I am going" I set her down gently to the floor "I am off and remember I am right next door!" I watch as she goes out the house door with a wave of her hand.

I stare at the door for several monuments wondering 'Did she feel my want to be alone and see what I could pull from that Dark One? Is that why she woke and left?'

I shake my head of that question in my mind and call out my Axe. With a practiced flip, I turn it over, pull off the pommel stone and drop the Axe. It vanishes, as it falls away from my hand. I call to 'Night' and she comes to the room with a small flash.

I look down at her and BOY! She is still quite mad with me!

"You left me out of that fight!" Night near yells in my head at me.

"Well of course, I did you dusty bird! There was no room in there for you too!" I state to her.

"Hummm! Well at least you won....with my help!" she near snubs me in triumph.

"Ohhh yes your highness! That you did! AFTER I HAD TO ASK YOU! Remember...that if I die! ...you die too!.....AGAIN!"

"Ohhh rub, that in again! So I let you down and that church mouse sister elf of Ember's had to get you back from the dead.....is my fault. I did say...sorry!" she squawks at me.

"Well how about this for now? You go outside, to fly about for some well deserved 'air' time and watch over me? As I get that Dark One out of this!" I flip the large gem in the air "Then we can see, what I get out of the deal!....humm?"

"Fine I can do that. But when are you going to bring that human over to us and get us some kids started?!" Night near leers knowingly at me, then winks.

"Out you bird!" I yelp at her, as I point at the door.

"I am going...sheesh. Maybe while I am out, I will find a nice male hawk and have fun!" She says to me, As the door knob turns and the door opens with no one touching it.

"Show off....you could always do telekinetics better than me!"

She near yells in my head AGAIN! "Yes I can.....Remember wings! No hands! I did try to teach you better! But no..." she sasses me "you read all the time!"

"Out!" I near kick her tail feathers "Before I have you 'dust' the house!"

After I see her fly off out the front door, I go back to the bedroom and sit on the bed. I pull my legs into a crossed position and meditate on the stone, I just placed on the bed sheets before me. It starts to glow softly and my mind flows into it. As I settle in the stone , I find where I placed the Dark One trapped inside it and go over what it knew. As I delved deeper into its left over essence, I started to find useful parts of its past knowledge.

As I scanned over its old knowledge I Found it knew many 'old' languages both written and spoken. As I get into them even deeper and start to pull that knowledge into me. For my mind to go over and blend into what I know. I find that one little part! A bridge to what I know of languages to what this world has and uses! With this new knowledge I think I can learn almost all of this worlds older written languages way faster!

As I dig even more I find something that interests me greatly and I have to try and use this new skill or power out. As it will come in useful soon is my guess and maybe save my butt some day!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Becky walks down the path toward Kyley's house with bags of food in her hands, after she loaded up at the commissary for lunch. She walks toward the front door and is only yards away when she hears a screech from above her in the sky. She halts her walk and looks up to see a large hawk flying a lazy circle around the house below.

"Humm that must be 'Night' Kyley's bird. She must have let her out for some free time?" Becky mumbles out.

Becky continues her walk to the door. As she gets to the final concrete path to the door. THEN, Night dive bombs at her to land on the path and stands in her way.

"Hi Night! I am here with lunch for Kyley. Sorry if I knew you where here too I would have grabbed something for you too!" she giggles at the bird.

Becky takes another step on the path toward the door, to hear a shriek come from the bird and a feeling of "no" come to her mind allover.

"Hey... all I am trying to do is bring food to her. Let me by...okay?" Becky says as she tries to step past the large hawk.

Then once again the bird hops in her way and that feeling of "no" comes over her again.

"Man that is weird....if I did not know better I would say your in my head and saying 'no' to me?" Becky pointed out.

After she says that. Becky gets a feeling of "yes" in the same place.

"Ohhh crap! You are talking to me!"

Again....."yes"

"I have to sit down. This is too weird for me!"

"yes" came over her once more, as she went to a bench on the grassy area in front of Kyley's and her house.... then sat down with a plop.

Night flies the short distance to the bench and perches on its tall back next to Becky.

"Well... this is better and 'hello' Night. Nice to really meet you" Becky says out while starting to pet the birds back gently.

"Yes...hello to you too." Becky hears in her head. Then she stumbles off the bench, to fall to the ground in sudden fright of hearing that...without words!

"What the!.....crud, you talked to me!" Becky stammered out confused and shaking her head.

"Yes...and are you hurt? Sorry to have surprised you that way. I can talk to you now, after you finally touched me and not too long ago Kyley made a 'link' in a way with you.... on a higher level yesterday." Night says to Becky's mind, as she looks down at the woman on the ground.

Becky gets up and dusts herself off "How is it now? That I can hear you." she asks the bird.

"Ahhh...yesterday. Kyley when she got home, put your raging mind at ease. Before she left and got lunch. With that connection she made with you. That new 'link' lets you two communicate on a better level, than before. Example...Kyley wanted to be alone and see what parts of that Dark One she had in her gem. So you woke up feeling that need and left her to be 'alone' for that task. That 'link' also joins me in that way too, all that had to be done was that last touch to make it a 'full link' and not just feelings like you had a moment ago."

"So from now on, I can hear you?" she asks while taking her seat back.

"Yes and She will develop this with you too...very soon. As my gift in this is far better than her's and has to be obviously!" Night giggles in Becky's mind.

"Ohhh this is too strange!"

"Well it is for me too!...girl. Your human mind is no picnic either! Child....your mind is so mixed up and un-orderly. I will have to help you on that someday...soon!" the bird sasses her.

"Humm....thanks I guess? But what are you to her....again?"

"What I am to Kyley?...... is her companion in life. I am her conscious at times.... that devil on her shoulder, as well as that angel. I help her in life and from time to time...I have goofed like all creatures and gotten her in vast trouble! " Becky stifles a laugh when she hears that "But mostly I am there for her...to keep her from being alone...and right now...she is VERY alone.." Night turns away as she 'says' that.

"Okay? ....But what is she up too in there?" asks Becky.

"She is experimenting with...what she gained in defeating that Dark One. I feel that most of it is good for her to have, But right now it is not safe for a human to be in there with her, when she is experimenting with Dark One or Mythos magic. As you humans call it?"

"Well I guess then...we wait. But do you want some food?" Becky asks as she pulls out a hamburger that was her's and some chicken wings.

Night looks at the Hamburger in the box "Yeeech its cooked!...I only eat live meat! AND that chicken! Is that you trying to be funny....or what?"

Becky laughs out "Sorry?...I just thought if. She liked it...so would you? I guess the chicken is in bad taste to offer to you? But you? still eat meat! and hunt for it?" Becky asks more than puzzled at that.

"Yes I hunt from time to time. Its more 'sport' now than need. I still kill for enjoyment, even thou Kyley gave that practice up long ago."

A look of fright and revelation covers Becky's face "Kyley killed for 'pleasure' at one time?"

"Yes...she has changed greatly over time. She once was a very fierce warrior and fought all the time. That was her job in life. Now she is far superior in her awareness and does not see that need anymore. She now defends all life and finds that task more fulfilling to her. That 'wanting' to help all...may have..." Nights thoughts fall away from Becky.

"HAVE WHAT! that sounded important.....in someway?" Becky begged the bird.

"I may tell you someday...if she does not. Please let it go and do not ask her of this. It is an open wound and very deep...." and the thoughts fade away from Becky at the end.

Becky starts eating while sitting with the large bird "I wonder when? We both can get back in there to her?" Becky asks while taking a bite of the burger.

"Soon child...soon." is her answer.

After Becky eats all the food, she had for herself. She sits and waits with Night for the door to open.

Then....

"Hummm I feel something new in Kyley...it feels like something old...yet new at the same time. I wonder?" Night drones out to her self, but Becky hears it too.

"What?.... should we go in and see? Also... doesn't Kyley talk to you while she does this?"

"No she does not...just in case something happens and I need to help her. Me being linked and affected too....Possibly? Would keep me from helping her."

"What!...this is dangerous? You never said that!" Beck gets up and near lunges at the house.

"No please don't go in there yet! I am not sure its safe!" Night flies after Becky. But she can't stop her without hurting her AND Kyley would be more than angry if she got hurt!

But Becky is not stopped by the birds more than wise words. Becky gets to the door and swings it wide open to see a VERY beautiful, naked... tall, well over seven foot, muscular woman, with brown tinted wings. Just like Kyley's? standing in the living room. A startled look comes over the woman's face, as she sees Becky standing there. As Becky watches that woman, the woman falls to her knees, gasps out in pain and changes to Kyley's smaller form in a few seconds. Kyley's face after the change stops, shifts from...the one of pain.... to one of anger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Night! you useless filthy bird...why did you not stop her!" I shout at the bird, as I am still kneeling on the floor.

"AND what hurt her? as I tried to stop her and have you even madder at me! NO WAY!" Night snarled in both Kyley's mind and Becky's.

"Don't blame 'Night' I made that choice! I came in on my own!" Becky lectured out.

"SEE!" yelps the bird.

"Fine then. Well I guess 'since' your in...so Becky what brings this visit? If I may ask?" I say as I stand up.

"Well I brought lunch and...who was that woman you looked like?"

"Never mind that?" I say to her.

"It was her Wife in the past! and why she would do that to herself and cause that amount of anguish? I will never understand. Kyley.....SHE IS GONE! let it go!"

"Shut up Bird!" I rage back at Night.

"NO! I have loss too AND you do not see me! Doing stupid stuff like this? DO YOU!" Night shrieks and fly's off.

Becky twists around to see the large hawk fly off "Hey don't go?"

"AWW she will be back after she cools off....I fear the population of rabbits and other creatures out there will drop vastly today, as she gets that anger out!" I stated as I walked back into the house.

Becky goes in the front door and as she closes it asks "How did you do that 'change' just now? You did not do that before?"

"I got it from that Dark One. I used to be able to do that in the past. I just relearned it. But since I was brought here, I have lost most of what I can do from then. But it hurts allot to change like that. Then I will have to practice allot, to get better at doing that." I say over my shoulder at Becky, as she follows me into the bedroom.

Becky watches me as I sit on the bed, to put my underwear back on and slide, wiggle into my pants again. "I can see why you fell in love with her...your wife that is. She was the most Beautiful woman I think I have ever seen...besides you!" Becky blushes at me.

I glance up from my work at putting on my shoes "Thanks....she was. Then...." I stop talking for a second thinking......"You heard Night? She talks to you now?"

"Yes? did you not know that?"

"Ahhh no? Hummm that link I did with you yesterday, must have done far more than I intended?...Heck I may have changed your mind and how it works in some small way? I will have to look in there again and see?"

Becky steps back from the bed "Ohhh no you don't. I do not what you messing up my head!"

I laugh at Becky's action of stepping back from me "I would never harm you? I have said that more than once to you. If anything what I would do is improve what is already there."

"How about....no? on that! But I came over with food for lunch. Its cold by now....so lets go get lunch at the commissary?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shadowsblade here.

This is my newest story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe. This one here is my second one and hopefully its a good one.

But remember all. I am not leaving Shadowsblade behind! I will start writing her soon!

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with deamons within and the
out.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well, I for one, am truly

Well, I for one, am truly enjoying this story, and I do hope you continue it for a very long time; or at least until you tire of writing it. :-)

Me too

This story is awesome. Keep it up with the posting. :)

Reproduction 101

In biology class, will the teacher explain how a girl produces a child for (with???) another girl???

kyley is not human at all. So

shadowsblade's picture

kyley is not human at all. So at being over 500.000 years old? or MORE!

her bypassing the little thing of human procreation is easy!

if your not sure on this, read the Sara stories in whateley. All the canon ones have her (she is a "demon") having a kid via her girlfriend.

and Kyley is just a "good" version of a demon or godling

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Awesome

Awesome tale. I loving it!!

Joanna

Interesting

Tas's picture

I just finished reading from the start, and I like this storyline so far, you have some very interesting ideas here. I really like how Kyley can learn from the things she's defeated, it makes for some interesting possibilities.

As a final note, you may want to take a look at your punctuation, you use a lot of it, even in mid-sentence.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

-Tas

What a story

Jamie Lee's picture

This story keeps getting better and better as each chapter is posted.

Becky, though, needs to learn not to wear her emotions on her sleeves. She also needs to learn, real fast, some things aren't her business and best left alone. And when she's told Kyley needs left alone, she needs to leave Kyley alone. If she doesn't learn these things she could end up very dead or badly hurt.

Perhaps she should let Night or Kyley into her mind if for no other reason that to educate her on the possible dangers.

Others have feelings too.

thanks all

shadowsblade's picture

thanks all

I will be posting more soon!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

One liners and Quips

Your writing is very clever. This is very nice.

Thank you

Khadijah Gwen