Castle The Series - 0038 Carla, Ferdinand

Printer-friendly version

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00002510

A RIGHT TO TWO PARENTS

THE DINNER DANCE & NIGHT CARLA (19nc) APPRENTICE POTTER AND PETREL (20)

Word Usage Key is at the end. The brackets after a character eg CLAIRE (4nc) indicates Claire is a character who is 4 years old. nc indicates new character not encountered before.

29th of Towin Day2

Carla was nineteen, tall and elegant in a slender way and of reasonable intelligence. She had never had a proper job, but she had always believed she would eventually find something that would give her a reasonable life. She had never had less than four part time jobs, sometimes as many as six, and she’d never been out of work since leaving school. Most of the men she had met were no-hopers who would have been willing to let her work all day, and night too, to keep them in the indolence and the comfort they expected. The only ones she had ever met whom she was remotely interested in had found work or women elsewhere. She was by no means desperate for a man, but she wanted children, and she had no intention of being a single parent. Her sister was pregnant with her first, and they had been reared by her mother, whom Carla still lived with. Carla had been envious of other children at school who had two parents. She had come to believe children had a right to expect the love and care of both a mother and a father, and she thought her sister, Brenda, had been right to marry, even though she didn’t like Clive her brother in law.

Carla had been to the Christmas party at one of the offices where she worked. She was by no means a virgin, but she was naïve and had been unaware the, to her uncouth, practice of drinking from a bottle was done in order to prevent the drink from being spiked which was all too easy to do to a glass. She remembered having a red wine in a tall glass, she couldn’t bring herself to drink it from the twenty-five centilitre bottle, and little else after that. The next thing she was truly aware of was her head was spinning, she was naked out in the cold with her knickers in her hand, she had no shoes on and her legs were covered in something sticky. Even to her drug impaired mind it was clear her drink had been spiked at the party, she had been gang raped and the sticky stuff was semen.

Too cold and drugged to be mortified, she realised she was half a mile or so from the miners club where the party had been held, was on the road in the middle of nowhere and just outside the tiny village where the club was all that was left of a once thriving mining community which was situated seven miles in each direction from two moderate sized towns, Triepton and Lathe. She lived in Lathe. She tried to clear her head to consider what to do, but the cold was affecting her thinking too. A car came towards her. She tried to flag it down before changing her mind and trying to hide. The car went slowly past her, then reversed and pulled up level with her. It was a taxi, and the drive looked out of the window at her and scrutinised his surroundings. He got out, and as she tried to stammer explanations he took his coat off and helped her to put it on. As he did he said, “It’s all right Love. I’ll see you home. Now get in the car and warm up.”

She kept loosing touch with her surroundings, and though she was aware the drive was speaking to her and she was replying she had no idea what either of them had said. Eventually she realised he was asking her where she lived, but there was no way she was going back to her mum’s, and she wouldn’t tell him. “My wife will be expecting me back, Lassie. I have to take you somewhere. If I can’t take you home where can I take you? A friend’s maybe? It’s three in the morning, so it will have to be a good friend mind, or I can take you to the hospital?”

It finally reached through to her what he was saying, and she said, “My sister’s,” and she gave him the address. She must had passed out because the next thing she remembered was Clive and the drive helping her out of the cab and into the house.

The drive said, “Keep the coat, Love. I’ll be ok.”

The next thing she remembered was being leant over the back of the settee in her sisters front room whilst Clive raped her. He’d said, “If you scream I’ll hit you. There’s no point in telling Brenda because given the state you’re in she won’t believe you.” She had no recollection of when Clive had finished with her or of anything else before passing out on the floor.

When Brenda found her in the front room, Carla had explained what she thought had happened at the party, but she said nothing concerning Clive. Brenda had helped her to the bathroom, and after her bath lent her some clothes to go back to her mum’s in. She’d been to her family doctors for the morning after pill and rung the agency to say she would not take work at that particular office any more, and she had thought that would be the end of the matter. However, Clive had not only raped her he had told all and sundry of her experience that night and that she had begged him for it when she arrived at her sister’s. Even her mother had heard the stories. Her mum believed her when she explained, but Brenda didn’t.

Carla’s life had become so bad with nasty comments being made by women, disgusting suggestions by men and sniggers by all she had started making enquiries for a flat in Triepton, and she’d registered with an agency for work there. Then she awoke on Castle.

When Carla was taken to the Keep, she immediately became a Keep laundry crafter by offering to help Jancis a middle aegt(1) launderer who had given her some clean clothes and taken hers away for washing. She was glad of the opportunity to find something to do so quickly. She had been introduced to several men at the dinner dance, but none of them appealed to her till she was introduced to Petrel. She decided she would like to learn to be a potter, which would give her a proper full time craft for the first time in her life.

Petrel had telt her he was twenty and a maker of household crockery and tableware. He also telt her he was seeking a wife and he had lost Smew his intendet(2) to the fevers. They had been heartfriends(3) since childhood, but he realised despite the pain he must move on and he wished a wife and a family. What he didn’t tell her because he was unaware of it himself was Smew had been small, voluptuous and of decidedly limited intelligence, and subconsciously, in an effort to minimise his pain and maximise his chances of a successful future and marriage, he was seeking a woman different from Smew in looks and character. He was aware looking backward wasn’t helpful and if he wished to have a successful marriage he must not try to replace Smew.

Petrel had no idea how much his simplicity, honesty and sincerity, with its concomitant desire to win her, had impressed her. She came to believe she could have a good life with him, and the idea of rearing children with him was something she couldn’t stop thinking of. He had telt her simply he wished to marry her, and he was prepared to do what ever she required in order to do so. They had danced and chatted all eve, and when Petrel asked her if he could see her nextday(4) she had replied, “Are you asking me if we shall awaken next to each other?”

“I wasn’t, but if that’s an offer, I am now,” he had replied.

She had kissed him and said, “There comes a time when you have to take a chance, and I’m going to take it now.” They went back to his chambers, and by forenoon were spaeking(5) of their future family.

~o~O~o~

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00002520

DO YOU PREFER BIG BREASTS?

THE DINNER DANCE AND NIGHT ALKANET (29) AND FERDINAND (47)

29th of Towin Day 2

Unaware of Ferdinand’s marital history and the effects it had had on him, it could may hap have been unfortunate Harmaish introduced him first to Alkanet, who was a slender attractive young woman of twenty-nine. She telt Ferdinand, “I turn large bowls and carve long, large, flat bottomt(6) bowls for bread making.”

Alkanet had been telt of Ferdinand, not as would have been usual by the Master at arms staff, but by Harmaish himself. She had been impressed by what Harmaish had telt her concerning Ferdinand’s knowledge and abilities as a woodworker. She had been especially impressed by the new techniques for rounding and tapering which, though obvious when she was telt of them, taekt(7) the craft in new directions.

Alkanet had lost her first man as a result of accidental deadth(8) and her second she feared her because slight breasts were inadequate. He had left her for a woman with a generous bosom. The loss of her second man, and that she had never managed to become pregnant, had resulted in a lack of confidence with her womanhood, yet still she wished a man and children. Her two previous men, both of her own age, had been hasty and a little rough in bed, and she had rarely experienced the satisfaction other women spake of. She had thought for some time an older man would be gentler and more considerate of her needs. When she was telt of Ferdinand she was more than interested in the possibility of making this older and prestigious Master of the craft her man and learning his skills before some other woman became aware of his abilities and married him first.

They danced, and they drank mostly fruit juice, and whilst sitting a few dances out Alkanet, whose face was scarlet but determined, telt him, “My first man dien(9) from an accident, but my second man left me for a woman with a substantial bosom, and my lack of womanhood has worryt(10) me ever since. I am seeking a man and I wish a family. I am interestet(11) in you, Ferdinand, but I do wish to know if you prefer women with big breasts.” This reduced Ferdinand to the same colour as Alkanet and also to silence. Alkanet emphasised, “I need to know, Ferdinand.”

Still scarlet, he replied, “I like women, and they all have breasts. I have never considered the size of women’s breasts to be an indicator of their femininity since they’re all women.” Realising Alkanet’s sensitivity to his answer he added gravely, “Women with smaller breasts look younger for longer, since they’re not as affected by gravity and age. Now I think on it, I think I rather like the idea of a smaller breasted woman looking younger for longer.” Ferdinand smiled wondering if he had gone too far, but could see Alkanet was happy with his response.

They were both embarrassed by their conversation, but both considered frankth(12) in their discussion their only way to continue. Alkanet continued,” Both of my previous men were of my age and rough in bed, and I have come to believe an older man would be gentler and shew more consideration for my wants(13) and needs.”

Owing to Alkanet’s frankth of her worries concerning the size of her breasts and of her desire for a gentler older man who would care enough to satisfy her, Ferdinand felt able to spaek(14) of his concerns regarding his age and its effect on his performance in bed. “You must realise age in men often means they require time and help to perform in bed. I have lost two younger wives both to younger men, and I always put it down to my lack of vigour owing to my age.” He added, “I have always believed gentleness and consideration for the needs of a woman were mandatory qualities in a good man of any age, and I have always taken pleasure in giving pleasure.” This was true, though he now wondered whether his previous wives had genuinely had pleasure, or were merely acting to get it over with.

Alkanet was even more determined by this time to reach agreement with Ferdinand, so she telt him, “I wish you for my man. What do I have to do to convince you to accept me as your woman, Ferdinand?”

Ferdinand had now accepted the idea of a third marriage, but he was still bothered by Alkanet’s age, “It’s the age difference that bothers me so much.”

“The age difference is one of the major things that make you so attractive as a husband to me, for if I can’t have you I’ll seek another man of your age. But I’d rather not have to when I believe I have findt(15) the man I’m looking for.”

Ferdinand, somewhat reluctantly, said, “I give in. I’m convinced.”

Alkanet, who was delighted to hear that, laught and said, “I wish to bed you, not do horrible things to you. You could at least sound a little enthusiastic.”

“You know it’s not that.”

She kissed him and said, “Yes, I know. I was just teasing. Let’s dance a few more before you take me home.”

When Alkanet taekt(16) her husband to her bed, indeed he was gentle which Alkanet enjoyed, he taekt his time which she found both satisfying and fulfilling and he required no more help than any other man. The experience was much to their mutual satisfaction. “You have maekt(17) me very happy, for that was a more enjoyable bedding than I have ever experiencet(18) before,” Alkanet telt him, “and I look forward to a more rewarding marriage than I have had with either of my two previous men. I hope we shall have children.” She added with a smile, “I am satisfyt(19) with your ability to keep me happy, and if you do require any help to make me pregnant, or indeed for any other reason in the future as we both age, no doubt I shall enjoy providing that too.” What she didn’t tell him of was her sense of possessive joy at having reached agreement with so highly thought of a crafter. Married to Ferdinand she had more status than she had ever considered possible, and she had every intention of making him as happy to be married to her as she was to be married to him.

Word Usage Key

1 Aegt, aged.
2 Intendet, fiancée, the one he intends to marry.
3 Heartfriend, a relationship of much more significance than being a girl- or boy-friend is on Earth. Oft such relationships are formed from as young as four and they are taken seriously by both children and adults. A child’s heartfriend is automatically one of their heartfriend’s parents’ children too, and a sibling to their heartfriend’s siblings. Such relationships rarely fail and are seen as precursors to becoming intendet and having agreement.
4 Nextday, tomorrow.
5 Spaeking, speaking.
6 Bottomt, bottomed.
7 Taekt, took.
8 Deadth, death.
9 Dien, died.
10 Worryt, worried.
11 Interestet, interested.
12 Frankth, frankness.
13 Wants, want is only uest as a noun in Folk and refers to that which is wanting, missing or lacking.
14 Spaek, speak.
15 Findt, found.
16 Taekt, took.
17 Maekt, made.
18 Experiencet, experienced.
19 Satisfyt, satisfied.

up
26 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos