Battles of the Sexes

Printer-friendly version

Battles of the Sexes

For at least fifteen decades most women had managed to live well simply because they were women. Most didn’t even offer value for money. They had breasts and a vagina, but most didn’t utilise them in a way that offered anything of value to the men that fed, clothed and housed them. As a result a good proportion of men simply didn’t bother with them.

In the media sound bites had proliferated.

“We better because we got the pussy, Man. That gives us the power.”

“You’re an entitled, fat, ugly, idle skank that I wouldn’t touch with someone else’s, even if I hated them.”

The media lapped it up, till things deteriorated to such an extent that they no longer had a job and were worrying about how they would eat.

The estrangement between men and women that had been becoming a deeper and deeper divide for over a century became a matter of hate to many if not most.

Then in a matter of hours it was all over. The intelligent and the perceptive, those that had survived the global nuclear holocaust that was, knew that life as they had known it was over. Every major centre of population of the first, the second and the third world was history. Every city and town that had had a population greater than a hundred thousand, and many with lesser populations too, was a glassed over cemetery covered with wind blown ash. Millions outside centres of population died in days.

Yet still there were those who insisted that they were entitled to the benefits and rights that had existed before the mushroom clouds had blossomed over the city folks that they had considered to be their rôle models. They simply could not envisage that their world and their lives had changed for ever. The idea that they would have to earn their own living using their own hands was a completely alien one that a lot of them couldn’t comprehend and as a result they died. On average it was much worse for women than for men.

Finally when all those who expected others to provide for them for nothing in return had died the remaining men and women got along just fine.

up
47 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I Think The Women Won

joannebarbarella's picture

The remaining men need sex, so maybe matrilineal lineage is the future.

It would appear to me ....

... that one moral of this story is that if you don't work and contribute to the common purpose then you are on your own. A salutary tale!

Brit in France