Camp Kumoni : 32

Printer-friendly version


Director Hobbs walked up the trail towards them. “Rachel, I’m going to borrow Ms. Martinez for a few minutes."
“Uh….. Okay.” Rachel looked from the Director to Erika and back. “I’ll save you some food.”
“Could you come with me please, Ms. Martinez.” Director Hobbs asked. She led Erika down the path and around the mess to the infirmary
“What’s this about?” Erika was starting to get nervous.
“I just need to have the nurse give you a quick check up….. It shouldn’t be much or take long.”

Camp Kumoni
By Anistasia Allread
Edited by Nick B and Alexis
     
sunlitforest.jpg

Erika jumped, startled to an awakening state. A hand was shaking her shoulder. “Come on sleepy head, we need to get to the mess for dinner.” Rachel smiled. “you’ve been asleep all morning.”

“Have I?” Erika wiped the sleep dust from her eyes.

“You missed out on Grizzly’s dumb survival class and the lame horseback trail ride.”Rachel stepped down and headed for the door. “Come on, they’re waiting for us.”

Erika climbed out of bed and joined Rachel on the trail to the mess.

“God, I must have been tired.” Erika yawned. “I felt like I laid my head down just a few moments ago.”

“Slept hard, huh?” Rachel grinned. “I hope you’re restored for the game this afternoon.”

Director Hobbs walked up the trail towards them. “Rachel, I’m going to borrow Ms. Martinez for a few minutes.”

“Uh….. Okay.” Rachel looked from the Director to Erika and back. “I’ll save you some food.”

“Could you come with me please, Ms. Martinez.” Director Hobbs asked. She led Erika down the path and around the mess to the infirmary.

“What’s this about?” Erika was starting to get nervous.

“I just need to have the nurse give you a quick check up….. It shouldn’t be much or take long.”

Erika’s heart leapt and fluttered around in her chest like a startled finch in a cage as they reached the door to the infirmary and entered.

“I’ve got her Donna.” Director Hobbs greeted an average looking woman wearing purple scrubs.

“Hello Erika…….. Martinez, right?” the nurse asked.

“Yea.” Erika nodded.

“Erika could you go behind that screen over there and get undressed please.” The nurse gestured.

“What’s this about?” Erika asked.

“A health consideration was brought to our attention, and we just need to follow up on it.” The nurse smiled. “It will be painless. Please go behind the screen, and undress.”

Erika’s heart didn’t know whether to skip beats or flutter. She began to feel faint as she disappeared behind the cloth divider. An examination table was set up with the ‘icky’ paper on it. She slid her top off over her head and slipped out of her jeans. She quickly slipped out of her panties, took off the gaffe and folded her jeans around it, tucked her genitalia and slipped her panties back on. Please don’t have her make me strip Erika bit her bottom lip and stepped up on the stepping drawer to sit on the rough paper in her panties and bra.

“…..I’ll let you know.” Donna told Director Hobbs.

Please don’t have her have me strip, please don’t have her make me strip became a mantra in Erika’s mind. She sat on the exam table, feeling exposed, vulnerable and scared half to death.

“Okay, Erika, let’s get down to business.” Donna smiled as she came around the screen. “Oh, I need to have you completely undressed dear.”

Oh my God! What am I going to do!? Erika’s brain screamed. Oh my God, Oh my God!

“Oh, don’t be worried dear. I have seen lots of girls in here for lots of reasons.” Donna gave her what was supposed to be a reassuring smile.

“I’m…… Uh…. Not really comfortable with this.” Erika started to stall.

“I’m sorry, Honey, but I have to examine you.” The purple clad nurse insisted. “It was brought to our attention that you may be trying to hide something.”

That Bitch! She just couldn’t wait until I explained it to the others, she went to the Director. Erika could feel her heart racing, her palms sweating and hot, angry tears welling up in her eyes.

“I’d really rather not.” Erika shrank in on herself. She wiped a tear that had leaked from her eye, betraying her.

“Okay, It looks like I’m going to need some help.” The Nurse called.

“What?” Erika protested.

“You really leave me no choice, Erika.” Donna sighed.

Erika’s heart nearly stopped as Director Hobbs followed by Victoria and Phoenix came around the screen.

“What are you doing here?” Erika cried.

“You’ve been hiding things from us, Erika.” Victoria stated. “I’m just making sure that everything is, shall we say, out in the open.”

“But….” Erika found that her words wouldn’t come.

“What have you been hiding?” Phoenix inquired as she held one of Erika’s arms. Director Hobbs took a firm grasp of the other while the nurse grabbed a hold of Erika’s panties and pulled them down.

Erika was shaken awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she tried to catch her breath as she began to focus on her surroundings. The cabin…… she was in the cabin not in the infirmary, catching up on her sleep. She turned over and came face to face with Rachel.

“Whoa.” Rachel grimaced and turned away. “Talk about morning breath. Are you alright? You were moaning in your sleep.”

“Sorry.” Erika muttered. “Bad dream.”

“It’s lunch time.” Rachel said stepping off the lower bunk. “Phoenix asked me to wake you to get some food and to join us.”

“How long was I asleep?”

“Oh about four or five hours.” Rachel shrugged. “You missed a pretty cool morning. Grizzly Adams showed us some useful stuff….. that is, if you’re lost in the woods, or want to become a hermit. Then we rode the horses on a pretty cool trail. I’m a bit sore, but it was better than riding around in circles in the arena.”

“Where’s Victoria?” Erika crawled out of her bunk.

“Krystal took her down to the mess already……. Brush those teeth and join us down there. We have a game to win this afternoon.”

Erika looked in the mirror as she brushed her teeth. Her mind raced and re-ran some of the dream in her head. God, that was awful. She thought. She fingered her fringe into some sort semblance of a style, and flicked at her now dry and bouncy pigtails and headed down the path to the mess. The sky was still gray and looked to even threaten to rain. The weather was almost a perfect reflection to how Erika felt.

She entered the noisy dining area and quickly found a seat at Columbine’s table. She looked down the table at the girls. Victoria’s eyes were still bandaged. At least she wouldn’t be sending Erika dirty looks and scowls. Dani greeted her gaze with a smile, but Katie looked a bit nervous and looked away as Erika smiled a greeting at her.

The mess hall quieted down as Director Hobbs made her way to the front. “Alright, guys, and girls, quiet it down. I have an announcement.” She called for everyone’s attention. “I know that pranks are a tradition at camp, but they can cause problems not only for one another but for the camp staff who have to clean up after you all.” She paused scanning the room, making eye contact. “A prank was pulled this morning which resulted in a camper getting injured…. She was lucky that she didn’t lose her eyes sight. So as of this moment, there will be no more pranking each other’s cabin or one another. Anyone person, caught pulling a prank will spend their free time working around the camp.”

Groans and hisses rose from the teens in the mess hall.

“Any Cabin!” Hobbs raised her voice to be heard above the ruckus. “Any cabin caught or found pulling pranks will lose all points for the week, and be spending their free time working.”

The buzz continued around the mess hall.

“That is just the Price to Pay for causing trouble.” Hobbs called out over the group. “Do I need to remind you of Charlotte’s Tale?”

“What’s Charlotte’s tale?” Erika inquired of Rachel in a whisper.

“A story someone made up about a boy that got pranked and picked on so much that he turned into a girl.” Rachel snickered. “It’s just an urban legend…. Like, what boy would want to be a girl?”

Erika’s soft, nervous giggle joined Rachel’s snicker. There’s actually a story about this? Erika thought. I may not be the only one? I’ve got to hear about this Charlottes Tale.

“Now to other things.” Director Hobbs went on. “Due to the incoming storm, the lake will be closed to swimming this afternoon.”

Erika didn’t hear anything else announced, her mind still raced, dodging in and out of the horrible dream she had, as well as mulling over the idea of a story about someone else going through something similar to herself. She made a mental note to jump on to one of the camp computers and search out this Charlotte’s Tale.

She looked down the table at the others, her eyes pausing on Victoria, her eyes bandaged and trying to eat with some grace. Everything else vanished, only her thoughts on informing the other girls of her façade and what lay beneath.

After lunch the girls all started down the path to the kickball field.

“Hold up a minute, Rachel.” A familiar voice called after them.

The girls all turned around to see Josh jogging up the trail to them. “Hey.” He greeted them with his award winning smile.

“Josh.” Rachel’s voice had an edge to it.

“I just wanted to thank you girls for not ratting our cabin out on that raid this morning. I’m sorry that you got hurt in the action.” He directed the last part to Victoria.

“Just keep your goons away from us for a while.” Rachel snarled. “I didn’t tell for your benefit, but for all of our benefit. If we can’t prank one another’s cabin, what fun would camp be?”

“Well…… Thanks.” He turned and captured Samantha’s attention. “I’ll see you tomorrow night?” Josh added before jogging off.

“God, he’s cute.” Katie sighed. She then looked at Erika and bit her lower lip.

“Leave him alone, he’s mine.” Samantha placed a hand on her hip and glared, drawing Katie’s attention and a smile.

“Ah….. Young Love.” Krystal giggled.

The kick ball game was a blow out. Krystal’s leg was in top form and kept kicking the ball over everyone’s heads. Rachel with her finesse and athleticism was able to kick the ball into holes and to weak sides of players and use her incredibly strong legs to out run and dodge throws and even stole a few bases, which was good, because with her new breast forms, Erika found out how off balanced suddenly growing breast could be. Her kicks were sloppy, and her throws were off balanced and a bit wild.

Katie was on second, Rachel was on third and Krystal was up to ‘bat’.

“I told Katie.” Dani blurted out to Erika.

“You told Katie what?” Erika looked to her petite friend.

“You know, about what we talked about this morning.” Dani muttered in a low voice. “About you not being who we thought you were.”

“That explains the sour looks at lunch.” Erika thought aloud. “How did she take it?”

“She’s still trying to figure it out.” Dani admitted. “She’s a farm girl. Cows don’t do that kind of thing and she hasn’t experienced the multifaceted dimensions of city life, so it’s kind of hard for her…… but she told us that she’d think about it and try not to jump to conclusions.”

“She told us, who?” Erika looked at the cute blonde.

“Samantha was there helping me explain things.”

“Oh.”

“Just give her some time….. just keep being yourself. I think she’ll come around.” Dani gave Erika a side squeeze.

The girls in the outfield all moved really far back knowing that Krystal’s was able to slam it hard. The ball bounced in from the pitcher. Krystal jogged a few steps towards the ball and kicked softly. It still sailed over the pitcher’s head, but landed just behind second base in a huge hole created by the un-expecting outfield. The girls in the outfield had to run hard to try and scoop up the ball, but Krystal had done the damage. Katie and Rachel were already across home while Krystal was safe on first base.

The girls were just finishing up the game when large raindrops began to fall from the sky. They quickly shook hands and headed off the field and into the safety of the trees. A warm wind began to pick up causing the towering evergreens to sway back and forth. Creaking and groaning under could almost be felt as the looming trees took on the strain of staying upright and proud.

“Columbine!” Phoenix called the girls to her. Krystal, guiding Victoria was a bit slower in joining the huddle. “We’re going back to the cabin. We’ll decide on what we want to do once we’re there….. okay?” She looked at each of the girls who nodded their assent.

The trees kept most of the rain out, at least there seemed to be less rain hitting them running for cover than there seemed to be when one of them dashed across a clearing in the canopy.

Once inside, the cabin, the girls each flopped on their bed. Krystal and Victoria reached the cabin last. Victoria had torn the bandages from her eyes and was squinting at everything around them with bloodshot eyes that looked irritated and watery.

A low rumble of thunder could be heard echoing off the surrounding hills.

“Did anyone see the lightening?” Dani asked looking around for help from the others.

“It’s still too bright out for us to see any unless we’re looking at it.” Katie explained. “If you do see one, go ahead and count the seconds until you hear the thunder to see how far away it is.”

“It looks like free time has been moved up and extended.” Rachel stated.

“What do we do if the power goes out?” Dani looked to Rachel.

“The mess hall has a large backup generator so that they can keep the kitchen operating. They also have extra lanterns and lots of board games down there.” Rachel explained. “They light a huge fire in the fireplace and the cooks pop a bunch of popcorn. Sometimes though, it’s fun to just hang out in the cabin and enjoy each other’s company, play games here or have a pillow fight.”

“I think we’ve had enough rough housing for the day.” Phoenix warned.

“Yes, I think you’re right.” Rachel looked over at Victoria. “Do we have a lantern or two so that we can stay here in the cabin?”

“Just whatever flashlights we have.” Phoenix shrugged. “I’ll go down and talk with Director Hobbs and the other counselors and see what I can get. You girls start deciding what you want to do whether you want to stay here and tell ghost stories or truth or dare, or if you want to go down to the mess and play Monopoly, charades, and checkers and stuff….. Any volunteers to come with me?” She looked around hopefully. No one made a move. “Alright. I’ll go down and see what Director Hobbs has planned for this evening and see what options we have.” Phoenix stepped out of the cabin.

“Do you all want to go hang out in the mess or kick back in here?” Rachel asked after Phoenix was down the trail.

Each of the girls looked around at each other.

“Can’t we do both?” Katie asked. “I mean, if it gets boring down at the mess, can’t we just come back to the cabin?”

“We can, but they want us to do so as a cabin.” Rachel explained. “So if we go down there, we are there as a cabin and if a few of us want to come back here, then we have to come back as a cabin.”

“Oh.”

“How long do you think Phoenix be gone?” Erika inquired of Rachel, then let her gaze wander to Samantha, Victoria, Dani and Katie.

“That depends upon how long winded Director Hobbs wants to be….. Why?”

Erika’s palms began to sweat as she glanced over to her cabin mates. Samantha and Dani both smiled, Katie looked away and Victoria squinted through sore eyes at her. “We need to talk.” Her voice broke as she said it.

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

In the words of Crush...

Righteous! Righteous!

I don't know how you do it!

NB

Yikes!

I'm on the edge of my seat, Anistasia!

Gosh, Erika be careful

Angharad's picture

How strong are the bonds of friendship, looks like we are going to find out? All this and free advertising! Good stuff AA.

Hugs,

Angharad

Angharad

You really had me going...

... there... These dreams are NOT fun. And "We need to talk" do we... Talk about "not fun" at camp... Glad she got a wee bit of sleep this morning. . . I keep wondering how Victoria will take things. And, if Katie's a "good" example of how the others react then.. Ho boy the next episode(s) will be ones to remember.

Thanks for more Camp.

Annette

heart attack

wuhhhh Anistasia you trying to give us a hear attack?
That was mean with the night mare.

I do not know how I would have liked that Katie has been told by other then myself. Part would have been releave of not having to tell myself but partly I would have felt cheeted for not having the chance to tell it my way.

Still it seems it went as goo as this could go.

Now the big show down is finally there.

How will the others react? Will Victoria help? (she wants it in the open but maybe she has come to change her fews a bit now that she knows just why Eric did it.)
What if Phoenix comes back to early? If she is not totally blind then she will probabaly realize something is "wrong" with her girls even if she does not walk in on them. Then the big question will be what to tell her and how she will take it.

I'm hanging in suspence and can hardly wait for the next part.
Thanks for keeping the Camp going Anistasia, even though it is not your main/favourite brain child.

Personally I'm hanging in suspence for an other reason at the moment since I may become an aunt again today or tomorrow. Its already a few days over the date and we do not even know if its going to be a boy or girl. My brother and his gf did not want to know.

Well thanks for this tension building chapter Anistasia

tight hugs

Holly

Friendship is like glass,
once broken it can be mented,
but there will always be a crack.

Scary chapter

I must admit that I fell for the "dream" trick. I've even used it myself, so I feel particularly ashamed.

It's getting very exciting as the tension mounts, and setting the scene during a thunderstorm really enhances the atmosphere. I can't wait to see what happens next!

On a side note, Holly-Marie said:

Personally I'm hanging in suspence for an other reason at the moment since I may become an aunt again today or tomorrow. Its already a few days over the date and we do not even know if its going to be a boy or girl. My brother and his gf did not want to know.

You should realize that you still won't know whether you have a neice or a nephew until the child develops a personality. Looking at what's inside the diaper won't tell you enough.

camp k #32

wow you got me this time i thought i seen it comeing tham wam you pull the rug out from under me on this one verry good and right to the point and even a little scarry in this half so wow keep going verry good and ilove were when you dont know what gonna happen you pull the rug out from every one wow .love n hugs awalys whildchild

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

Anistasia is cruel ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... to us that are heart attack prone oldsters to end the chapter as she did! However, I wouldn't count on the next chapter being "the big showdown" - though I hope it is. Given our authores's cliff hanger style, Victoria could leap in and stop things or something completely unforeseen could. I do not think this would be a favor; Erica is all geared up: Get it out in the open (which Eric may have to do - hopefully not in front of the whole cabin) and get it over with one way or another.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

I Love The Way That You Touted The Two Stories This Chapter

Both Price To Pay and Charlotte;s Tale Are Rules do have the fact that their heroine was forced into transition. But now I wonder if after Erika's saving Victoria if she will stop Erika from outing herself. Will Victoria now become her friend or be the creep that destroys two lives?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Bad dream!?!?! It must have been that pie that I ate!!

Oh my head!!! I know that pie tasted great last night, but I think that sugar high has now come crashing down!!!

Hello AA!!! ^___^ ;-D
Thanks again for another great chapter. You have us on a cliff with our fingers hanging on for the next breath. When will we get to breathe? Might have to wait until the weekend for things to settle down.

Let's see what is on the to-do list. hmmm... Tell girls the truth about Erika, warn Samantha about Josh, help Crystal to look hot when she becomes the new you, tell Samantha that Erika loves her, tell Samantha about Summer, project Victoria is in full swing, ... Plus there is a ton more to-do, and this is just the first two weeks of camp!! Is this a boring camp? No way!!

Have a great week. St. Patrick's Day is this month. Go Green!!!

Rachel

re:

I really like the direction the story's moved in with the last few chapters. It would have been very easy to take a typical TG-Story approach and have the whole cabin find out in some slapstick manner and then to have everyone casually accept the issue as though it were nothing. Stories are written like that because anyone who's different *wants* that for themselves, so it's wish-fulfillment. That's never good for a story, though, because readers always find skepticism welling up in themselves entirely too quickly (after the initial rush of saccharine pleasure).

Then there are stories like this one which take the other approach. To me, at least, these are so much more powerful because they provide a lasting sense of comfort or solace by reminding us that pain is a reality outside of our own existence. It's still a fictional story with part of its purpose being entertainment, sure... and it's accomplishing that. But connecting the emotional conflict to a level that we can all relate to makes it far more poignant.

And I also appreciate that you wrote Eric as having *had* a horrible experience in life. Too many (though not all, of course) TG protagonists have had 'perfectly normal' childhoods without any major abuse, but far too few TG people in reality - it bugs me because it portrays a picture that's rarely true.

Oh...

Well I don't know, my childhood wasn't the most pleasant at school either. Kids beat me up or made fun of me or picked on me on a daily basis just because they could see I was different. Kids can be cruel I know, to anyone really, I just happened to be the "plague" at that particular school and the one after that, and after that until I finally graduated and was free. Now I just get harassed by random passerbyers an occassion threat to my life, calling me a fag and a fairy and stuff. Which really shouldn't be seen as a derogatory statement, I think faeries are cute ^^

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

If you're a fairy then...

... that would make the story of your life a fairytale ?

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

The reveal

Here it comes the big reveal.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

“We need to talk.”

I guess her nightmare is going to come true, or is it?

DogSig.png