Camp Kumoni : 31

Printer-friendly version


“Whoah, Erika, are you all right?” Rachel asked, studying Erika’s chest.

Erika looked down to find that a flap of her breast form had gotten torn in the scuffle. Shit! She screamed internally. How am I going to explain this to Sasha. She quickly slapped a hand over the loose flap and started back to the bathroom.

“Why isn’t it bleeding?” Rachel inquired, concerned for her cabin mate.

Camp Kumoni
By Anistasia Allread
     
sunlitforest.jpg









Camp Kumoni Ch. 31

The three girls joined the torturous calisthenics with strange and disapproving looks from Rachel. Once done with the burning and aching muscles, the girls all made their way back to the cabin and began cleaning it getting it ready for morning inspection. One by one each of the Columbine girls entered the bathroom and took a quick sponge bath and exited wearing their clothes for the day. Today because of the survival class they were all wearing their jeans.

"What took you and Erika so long to get around the lake?" Katie asked her short, blonde friend.

"We had to discuss some important issues." Dani shrugged. "We'll explain them to you a little later."

"What issues?" Katie persisted.

"I can't tell you about them until later." Dani insisted. "Samantha and Erika have to be in on it."

"Fine…Whatever." Katie went back to making her bunk a little hurt, an now curious.

"Hey Victoria." Rachel called from the bathroom. "What is our schedule like for the day?"

"After the survival class, we have horseback riding….. I think it said something about trail riding." She looked to Rachel in askance.

Rachel nodded. "We get out of the arena and get to ride on one the easier trails. What else?"

Victoria thought for a moment. "I believe we have lunch after that followed by another kickball game. Canoeing on the lake, and then I think it said two hours of free time before dinner."

"Sounds like a busy day." Krystal sighed. "With days like this, who needs morning exercise."

"Hey there." Rachel looked over at Krystal sternly. "We'll have none of that kind of talk in this cabin. Krystal, you are doing amazing. Look how fast you are getting round the lake now, compared to last week."

"She has a point, Krystal." Erika smiled. "At this rate, you'll be running around the lake in a week, maybe two." She stifled a yawn and went back to sweeping the floor.

"Hopefully we'll be running you out of here before then." Victoria sneered in passing.

"What did you say?" Samantha asked aloud.

"I said, that 'hopefully she'll be running around the lake before then.'." Victoria managed to cover it up. She walked over to Samantha. "If the cabin isn't told by tomorrow night, I'll be telling them."

"Oh, get over yourself, Victoria." Samantha walked away from the girl.
 
Erika entered the bathroom with her change of clothes and locked the door behind her. She tried hard not to yawn, but couldn't hold it in. She was extremely tired from the last few, very emotional, days. She quickly stripped from her shorts and Ramones t-shirt and let them drop in a pile next to the door. It had been just over a week since She had become Erika and already putting on and taking off her bra was becoming second nature.

The new breast forms that Sasha had given her the other day were starting to feel natural, as if they really were part of her. Looking from her chest to the mirror, she checked the seams of the forms to make sure that they weren't pulling from her skin yet. If she could convince the cabin to keep her, she would have to pull them off in a day or two and reattach them.

She covered a big yawn and changed her panties before slipping into the one pair of jeans that she and Samantha had packed. Having fabric wrapping her legs was almost an alien feeling to her. She had spent the past week or so in shorts and skirts. She was quickly learning to appreciate the movement and freedom that skirt gave her. She also liked the way the fabric moved and brushed against her legs, or how sometimes it flared when she turned quickly, swaying and falling into place.

Erika buttoned the jeans and grabbed a fresh bra from her pile and attached the closures on it, slipping her arms through the straps and pulling her hair free. The bra straps still felt a bit alien to her, especially the back one, but it was one of the things she was going to have to live with this summer. Especially if the girls will accept her as one of their own. Dani's non-reaction this morning was encouraging.
 
 
Screams, shouts and strange noises erupted from the front of the cabin. Loud hissing accompanied by deep laughter, screeches and screams. Erika quickly unlocked the door and charged into the front to find boys wearing bandanas over their nose and mouth spraying her cabin mates and their cabin with fire extinguishers. White powdery mist enveloped and covered everything. Flashes from cameras reflected off the white propellants and made the room appear filled with a bright powdery snow.

Victoria lay on her bed curled up in a fetal position covering her head while a boy masked with a tied t-shirt sprayed the cold powdery substance over her. Krystal was stuffing a book up under her blouse as she was being doused. Rachel charged into the fray and began punching and slugging at the nearest boy who dropped the red canister in order to defend himself from her onslaught of blows.

Their red-haired leader, Phoenix, stood in defiance and was screaming for the boys to leave the cabin at once, while Dani, Katie and Samantha joined Rachel in punching, kicking and pushing the boys and their attack out the front of the cabin.

Erika ran forward and lowered her shoulder at the last instant, slamming into the boy standing and laughing over Victoria as he sprayed the extinguisher over her. The larger boy not expecting the force of her charge fell away from the bed. She felt fingers rake across her chest and snag on her bra for a split second before he fell to the floor.

"Leave her alone!" Erika screamed at the boy who looked up from the ground in surprise. "Get out of here!" she kicked at the guy who was already scampering out of the way holding the t-shirt over his face and still laughing; but it was more of a nervous laugh than one of dominance.

The boy had joined the others of what just had to be Oak cabin bunched up in the doorway fending off blows from the girls as camera flashes went off. Erika gathered her will and charged at Kyle, who’s mask had slipped, through a hole between Rachel and Krystal. Her force knocked Kyle backwards into the guys behind him, who in turn lost their balance on the front step. The whole lot of them fell in a tangled mess.

Still laughing, the boys gathered themselves up off the ground and began jogging off, high-five-ing one another.

"And Stay out!" Dani yelled at them.

"Is everyone alright!?" Phoenix called out. The whole front of her was white with the chemical that was sprayed.

A collection of 'yes' and 'yeah' was heard from the girls.

"No!" a sob came from Victoria's bed. "I've got some in my eyes…… they burn!" she screamed. "God, it burns!"

"Damn it! I knew this would lead to someone getting hurt." Phoenix swore. She went over to Victoria. "What is it, Victoria?"

"My eyes." She screeched. "They blew it in my eyes."

"Okay, let’s get you down to the infirmary." Phoenix helped her to sit up. "Come on Victoria. That's it." She said guiding her to the door.

"You okay, Victoria?" Katie asked.

"They burn." Victoria cried. "My eyes, they burn." Traces of tears streaked through the white powder covering her face.

"We're on our way to the infirmary." Phoenix soothed. She turned to the other girls. "Get the cabin cleaned and then take a shower before going to the mess hall. I'll let them know you'll be late."

The girls watched as Phoenix carefully walked Victoria down the path towards the infirmary, and Director Hobbs office.

"I hope she'll be alright." Katie said to no one in particular.

Rachel turned to Erika. "Nice hit, Erika." Rachel put her hand up for a high-five. "You should think about playing football."

"No thanks." Erika slapped her hand. “I hate football players.”

"What's the best way to clean this stuff up?" Dani looked to their leader.

"Whatever you do, don't get it wet." Samantha warned. "Broom, vacuum or perhaps a blower would work best. We had to clean up after a fire at a friend’s house once. If that stuff gets wet, it is a real bitch to get clean."

"I'll start sweeping." Dani volunteered.

"Rachel, is there someplace in this camp that might have a shop-vac?" Samantha inquired.

"The kitchen staff might have one." Rachel shrugged. "If they don't have one, they might know where to get one."

"Katie, could you check with the kitchen?" Samantha inquired. "I'm going to see if Daisy Cabin has an extra broom." She followed Katie out the door.

"Whoa, Erika, are you all right?" Rachel asked, studying Erika's chest.

Erika looked down to find that a flap of her breast form had gotten torn in the scuffle. Shit! She screamed internally. How am I going to explain this to Sasha? She quickly slapped a hand over the loose flap and started back to the bathroom.

"Why isn't it bleeding?" Rachel inquired, concerned for her cabin mate.

"I don't know, let me take a look." Erika quickly closed the door to the bathroom and locked it.

"Do you want me to take a look at it?" Rachel asked. "It might need some cleaning."

"I've got it." Erika insisted. "I could use a band-aid though." She looked in the mirror at what looked to be a loose flap of skin that flapped open.
 
 
No wonder Rachel was curious, it looked a bit gross if you thought it was real skin. Erika rummaged around in her toiletries bag and dug out the adhesive glue that Sasha had given her and carefully re-applied the form to her skin. With a bit of that cover-up make up that Samantha had insisted that she packed, she daubed and smoothed it over the offending site, and blended it into her skin.

A knock on the bathroom door interrupted her thoughts. "Got you a band-aid." Rachel's muffled voice called.

Thinking quickly, Erika grabbed a wash cloth and placed over the now repaired site and unlocked the door.

"Okay, let me see it." Rachel insisted with a hand on her hip.

"It's nothing." Erika protested. "I just wanted the band-aid to keep it protected.

"Fine, but it better not get infected, or I'm going to make your life hell." Rachel warned. She handed the band-aid over and closed the door behind her.
 
 
Erika locked it again and quickly put the band-aid on over the site to keep Rachel from taking any more interest in it. She then pulled on her top and stretched out tired muscles. The attack of the boys had charged her body with adrenaline, but it was already starting to wear off. She was so tired. She didn't know how she was going to make it through the day.

She brushed her hair back and wrapped an elastic around it, keeping her fringe out to accent her eyes.

With two brooms and a shop-vac, the cleaning of the cabin went a bit quicker than they had expected.

Just as they were finishing up, Director Hobbs knocked on the door frame. "Good morning girls, may I come in?"

"Of course, Director Hobbs." Rachel gave the Director a cheesy smile.

"I just wanted to come by and let you ladies know that Victoria is going to be alright." She looked each girl in the eye. "Pranks aren't allowed at this camp and they are to stop immediately." She paused for impact. "I need to know which cabin was responsible for this…" She looked around at the remains of the mess that they were cleaning up. "This mess, as well as the name of the boy who assaulted your cabin mate."

"I'm not sure which cabin came in here, Director." Rachel answered quickly. "It happened so fast and it was so confusing…. Right girls?" She posed to the others.

"No, I was still under my blankets and didn't get a good look." Dani agreed.

"I was in the bathroom." Erika added.

"I'm sorry Director." Samantha shook her head. “The boys I saw were wearing masks, and I was so surprised and trying to protect myself, that I didn't make out any faces."

Director Hobbs sighed. "Well, if you girls happen to recognize your assailants, I'd like you to inform one of the counselors or myself. I need to put a stop to this prank business before someone else gets hurt."

"Of course, Director." Rachel smiled, walking the director back to the door. "We're glad to hear that Victoria is all right, and if we recognize one of the boys, then we'll let you know immediately."

"Thank you, girls. You've done a good job at cleaning up the mess. Breakfast will be ready for you when you are ready."

Rachel waited until Director Hobbs was a down the path before turning back to the cabin.

"Why didn't you want us to tell her did this?" Katie inquired with hands on hips.

"Did you have fun pranking Oak cabin?" Rachel posed.

"I…. I guess so….. yes." Katie had to think about it.

"If we rat out Oak for this, then what's to keep them from ratting us out for what we did to them the other day or after we get back at them?" She smiled at her cabin mates.

"Honor among thieves." Krystal smiled.

"Yes." Rachel smiled. "If every time a cabin gets raided or pranked, they go to Hobbs, then by the end of the week, there won't be any pranking and no fun."
 
 
They finished cleaning the cabin and all grabbed their toiletry bags, towels, and headed down to the shower building. Krystal, Samantha, Rachel and Katie still needed to change out of their white dusted pajamas and brought their change of clothes with them.

"Columbine are you in here?" Phoenix called into the shower room.

"Yes." The girls answered above the hiss of the water pouring down on them.

"Victoria is going to be okay, but will need to rest her eyes today." Phoenix informed them. "The cabin looks very good. You can hardly tell that it had been assaulted by fire extinguishers." She praised. "I'm going to take my shower now too. When you are changed, go ahead down to the mess hall and I'll meet you there." She entered one of the empty shower stalls.

The shower felt great, but the adrenaline from the morning raid had left Erika even more tired than ever. She almost fell asleep under the shower of hot water and only the bang of a stall door next to her awoke her from her stupor. She dried off, and quickly tucked herself into her gaffe, wrestled into her bra and dressed.

She wrapped her hair up in a towel and joined Katie at the sink counter and began applying a bit of mascara. She was too tired to even attempt eyes shadow or anything else. She dropped the towel from her hair and brushed it out. A yawn over took her and she almost fell with the effort it took to stretch it out.

"Are you alright?" Katie looked at her shorter cabin mate.

"I didn't sleep last night." Erika explained. "Could you help me do something with my hair?"

"Sure, what do you want?" Katie asked.

"I don't care, anything quick and easy."

"Okay, turn around." Katie directed. She brushed through Erika's hair and pulled on it for a few minutes. "Okay you're good."

"Thanks Katie." Erika yawned. She turned around and gathered her towel and scooped up her stuff off the counter. She glanced in the mirror and smiled at herself. Katie had pulled her hair up into two pigtails that bounced as she moved her head about.

Erika found herself struggling to keep her eyes open while her head bobbed over her cereal bowl.

"Erika, what's wrong?" Phoenix rested a hand on her shoulder.

"I didn't get any sleep last night." Erika admitted with a big yawn. "I can't keep my eyes open, and I'm beginning to get a head ache."

"Why don't you go to see the nurse." Phoenix gave her shoulder a squeeze. "Get some aspirin, then go back to the cabin and see if you can take a nap. Besides, I'm sure Victoria wouldn't mind some company in there. She is under orders to stay in bed and take it easy. I'm sure she would feel less isolated with you there."

"Uh…. Thanks, Phoenix." Erika smiled up at the red, curly haired counselor. "But what about the classes today?"

"Take care of yourself first, missy." Phoenix smiled. "Now, get going, or I'll have you escorted. I’ll come by and check on you in a little bit.”
 
 
Erika pushed herself away from the table and trudged out of the mess and around the corner to the infirmary. Once taking her aspirin, she lumbered up the trail and into the cabin.

"Who's there?" Victoria called from her bed.

"It's your worst nightmare." Erika was too tired to put much heart into her words.

"What are you doing here?" Victoria inquired, tilting her head towards Erika's voice.

"I didn't sleep last night and am exhausted, thanks to you." Erika snarled. "I'm going to try and get some now….. Phoenix's orders……. How are you feeling? How are your eyes?" Erika climbed up into her bed kicking off her shoes at the last moment and pulled the covers up around her shoulders.

"Why do you care?" Victoria sneered.

"Because you are my cabin mate and I considered you a friend." Erika stifled a yawn.

"They hurt a bit, but I'm not sure if it’s because of the chemicals from the extinguishers, from the eye wash, or from the antibiotic junk the nurse put in my eyes." Victoria sighed.

A quiet fell over the cabin. Erika was on the edge of sleep, everything around her seemed to be further way, sounds seemed to be coming from a great distance, her eyes began flicking back and forth, as if in R.E.M. sleep, even though she wasn't asleep yet.

"Why did you do it?" Victoria asked, snapping Erika back to full wakefulness.

"Huh?..... what?" Erika asked.

"Why did you help get that creep off of me?" She restated the question.

"Because you're my cabin mate, Victoria." Erika mumbled.

"You didn't have to, though." Victoria stated. "With how I've been treating you the last few days, why didn't you just let him finish?"

"Because, I've been in that position, Victoria, remember, I was 'the plague'. I had to go through a hazing similar to that weekly and sometimes daily at school." Erika said softly and readjusted her pillow.

"Weekly or daily?"

"I only had one class with you last year, Victoria, you saw how I was treated in class, or on the way to or from that class……" Erika yawned. "Now imagine that several times a day and that being a light hazing day."

"Did you really get duct taped to the flag pole….. naked?"

"You mean you didn't see that?"

"No, I missed it…. Did it really happen?"

"You must be the only one in school who didn't get to laugh, throw things or spit on me." Erika growled.

"Who did it?"

"Does it matter?"

"No, I guess not…….. I'm just curious."

"The starting lineup of the football team." Erika growled. "Can we drop it? I really don't like re-living that day. Besides, I need to get my sleep so that I can tell the rest of the girls that I'm a boy tonight, so that I can get thrown out of camp and humiliated some more." Erika turned over in her bed to face the wall. Within moments she was oblivious to the conscious world.

 


 
To Be Continued...

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

OMYGOSH, A.A…

That was one powerful chapter. I wonder if what Erika did for her will change Victoria's opinion of “The Plague”? She'd have tp be a heartless b*tch if it doesn't. I think Erika has shown her true worth now.

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Camp Kumoni-31

Well, it looks as if Oak Cabin has done Erika a favor now, although belatedly. Her actions on behalf of Victoria may cause Victoria to rethink her opinion of the "Plague" and actually become her friend.
But does Rachel know about Erika or is her threat more in concern for Erika's health, after all, she did discover her old breast forms earlier and she is not a dummy.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Erica and Victoria

Wow, you think Victoria may get a hint as to what happens to Eric daily?

Will she actually get a heart?

Good Job Anistasia.

Joni W

Whoa!

Good going, Anistasia! Unexpected, and leading to... what? Can't wait to see.

I'm glad Erika's standing up for herself.

Trial by fire...

Well, almost. Hopefully this will put the fire out that has been smoldering between Erika and Victoria with the help of those fire extinguishers.

Hello AA!!! ^___^ ;-D
Acts and deeds have gone for and against each other. It calls for another round of evalution and Victoria thinks about what has happened now and in the past at school. Victoria got a bad taste today of what Erika went through. Multiply that daily!! As one comic said on Laugh-in. "Ah, very interesting!! But will Erika's story hold water? Well...does a canoe float? You bet!!"

Great chapter again Anastasia!! What will be the choices tonight? What will be reactions? What will be the solution? Samantha still needs her problem solved about her sister. Only Ericka can provide that answer.

Have a great week. Take care until next time.

Rachel

Wow

MAYBE, just maybe, Victoria will learn something from the experience... It's obvious that Erika is learning a LOT... Summer camp is supposed to be a learning experinece, but wow... SOME are getting much more than they bargained for. :-)

Obviously Erika wasn't thinking straight... She passed up a perfect opportunity to tell Rachel... Right after major defense of cabin mates. But then, exhaustion will do that to you.

When's the next chapter? :-)

camp #31

wow verry good and i cant wate to read a lot more hopey now that other girl will find out what it like to be picked on spit on kicked around it not fun and after time you tray to eather forget it or find ways to get even with tham who did you wrong .so i leve you all with this love n hugs awalys pleace love not war
[email protected]

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

I wonder ...

... If Victoria was the instigator or at least partially responsible for Eric's flagpole incident. With this chapter, it is against the storyline for her to have been a deliberate part, but as school paper editor she might have let slip how in years past interesting things happened; like the starting basketball player who lost the State regionals was taped to the flagpole, and the school stud who got the head cheerleader drunk and took her virginity (after rumors had her being promiscuous and taking on the state finalist hockey team) was tied, nude, to his new Mustang in the school parking lot, and all sorts of interesting things, in years past.
She might have been alerted that something interesting was going to happen, but wanted plausible deniability. And the pictures turned in had the perpetrators clearly visible so were trashed rather than allow for the jocks to be suspended or expelled. And ridiculed themselves as they used 6 football team starters to do the job.

As nasty as Victoria has been there needs to be a reason, and covering for her mistakes with somebody else's body is most plausible.

Umm...

I'm rather confused what direction this story is going, the tags are extremely misleading from the previous chapters, chapters 12, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, and 29 all list this story as transgender. However the chapters in between all do not have that tag. What kind of story is this? I just want to know, is Erica Eric? Or is Erica Erica? Is she a boy who likes to dress like a girl, or is she a girl in her soul. I have nothing against a man who likes to dress in girls clothes, in fact I think it's cute when a boy dresses in girls clothes, however I would NOT want to dress or undress with a self identified boy in an all girls space. So if Erica is Eric, Eric needs to either stay in a separate cabin that is away from both the boys or the girls so he doesn't get hurt, or he needs to leave. Also, what part of the world is he/she in anyway? Also I'm not trying to say anything against your writing, I just want to know which is it? Because I feel like I'm being led on to a certain type of story that actually isn't what I thought it was.

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Re-Read Chapter 28

Chelsea,

I think you should re-read chapter 28. There's a line in there that says it all for me "He enjoyed being a girl and yes, he was content with it. "

Irrespective of how Erika got there... Erika is there, and everything since, has been an effort to STAY there.

Annette

Yet

Nevermind, she cleared it up for me ^^ Thankies ^^

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

mislabled chapter ???'s

I have always labled the chapters that I have posted as 'crossdressing/disguise' any chapters that say otherwise were chapters that were posted by someone else, for me.

as for what part of the world...... I never say. just accept that Erika is in a summer camp in the mountains, let your imagionation soar. You also may have noticed that I never mention the names of towns or cities..... I don't feel they are relevent to the story.

As for leading you someplace...... it is a story. all stories lead somewhere, and sometimes they lead where you least expect it. If you are not satisfied with where this story is going, then you are free to leave Camp Kumoni whenever you please. and I'm sorry if you feel betrayed. there are many other wonderful stories on this site that might better suit your taste.

Thanks for reading, sometimes enjoying, and commenting

A.A.

aniastasia

i dont think anyone said they did not like the story. they are just lost as to where the story is headed and was asking a simple question anistasia.

Okay

I never meant your story was bad, however I'm just saying that as a girl myself, I wouldn't want a cross dressing boy in my cabin. I don't care if he/she is a crossdresser or not, I just want to know if it is or isn't transsexual or TG, to be honest the transgender tag applies either way, transgender encompasses both crossdresser and transsexual too. Though I think social transvestite would be a better term for Eric/Erica if he is a boy, because a social transvestite doesn't find the clothes sexually stimulating, just finds them comfortable for them to wear. They don't seek surgery or anything, they just like dressing in the opposite sexes clothes for some reason. The only concern I have is that a self identified boy should not be around self identified girls in a self identified girls only space.

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Well, a person can lie...

Frank's picture

And say they are transsexual..however...he's only been Erika for about 10 days, prior to that he was transgendered, he was just a poor miserable lonely soul. Since he's been at camp, he's come out of his shell as Erika, and been accepted by a group for the first time in his life. That's made him feel comfortable in the role.

Being transsexual is a major thing is someone's life and they usually know early on. Just putting on a dress isn't going to change a person's gender. How A.A. plans to write the character in the long term is up to her of course, but I don't understand where you got the idea that he was transsexual? Samantha talked him into coming to camp as a girl so he'd be safe from the boys and she could learn from him what happened with her sister.

Hugs!

Alexis

P.S. I agree that after only a week or so, I don't think too many real girls would be happy to have a male in their midst.

Hugs

Frank

Sorry

But I prefer genetic girl, I'm as much of a real girl as the rest of my sisters, I don't like being called a fake woman or anything else. Also I said I didn't know if he or she was or wasn't? It seemed to be leading up to a child finding out they were transsexual all along, I don't know that many boys that can proudly say they loved being a girl, they loved everything that they thought was about it and was content with it. However I think it'd still be possible for him to be a social transvestite, though this whole cabin business just isn't going to go well. I wonder what's going to happen now? My reference like Annette said is Chapter 28.

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Being a girl

Can't say as I know what that's like.

What I do know is that we have in this story, a lonely boy who lost his only real friend and suffers at the hands of bullies.

Against his better judgement, he agrees to summer camp dressed en-femme.

To his surprise, he finds that he gets along with the other girls, doesn't get bullied, doesn't get thrust head-first into the garbage, down the toilet or anywhere else. He doesn't get referred to as "the plague" and actually finds friendship where before he had none.

Who wouldn't like that as an alternative to what he has always known?

Could it be that at the moment, there is confusion in Erika's mind because she is comfortable around these people who treat her like a human being?

Could it be that getting positive attention is more important than the way she is dressed or what gender she appears?

I for one would much prefer the treatment 'she' is currently getting than what 'he' got previously. It would be easy to say that he has found his niche as a girl, but what he has actually done is found a spot in his life where pain and suffering isn't part of everyday life.

If he equates that as being a girl, then that's fine, but it may not be the case. On the other hand, it's perfectly reasonable to believe it will, it may just not be a straightforward a route through as we think.

NB

I think along similar lines

It only been a short while.

Does he really know what he wants? For as long as he can remember he has been abused by both bullies and their unthinking abettors like Victoria. Now she is being treated fairly even liked by most except for Victoria. Is he really TG or it is love and accepance he is mistaking for wanting to be a girl? Is he just a late bloomer and will become an normal man? Or is is something more? Is she really TG or even has some problem such as intersex and is the shortest in class because she can never be a boy or is in fact a girl misidentified due to malformed outer gentals?

I'd hate to be that child and found out years later after it is too late I decided on being a girl only to be accepted. In the long run that could be disasterous. She needs to be a girl because that is what is is in her heart and soul. What he does for Victoria is proof he/she is a far better person thatany of his tormentors. Now if only Victoria will learn from this.

Great chapter. Maybe there is hope for Eric and his unrequited love for Samantha yet as Samantha's heartthrob was one of the worst of the atackers. I did janitorial work in parking structures as a grad student and dry chemicals exstinguiser powder is a nasty irritant. Try sweeping it up in staircases when the *children* play with it. The cabins have got to meet and set rules and Oak(?) needs to pay a forfit as this prank caused injury. Victoria's eyes could have been badly damaged or someone could have suffered a fatal asthma attack. That is not a prank, that is assault.

What will the next prank be, lit fireworks tossed in a sleeping cabin causing a fire that severly burns several kids? I agree to a point, keep the adults out of it. The kids will find an appropoiate punishment. The girls lost out on all the days events. Maybe the boys should have to lose out on somethingt hey want, say if they win a trip to town they must refuse it?

Great story, sorry if I got worked up, AA.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Both parts

In response to the prank question, break it up into 4 general responses.
1) go bigger. In an environment where the camp staff is going to try vigorously to clamp down on all pranks, this is unlikely to not be caught.
2) go smaller. This has the side effect of allowing the boys to "have won" the prank contest.
3) Shun that cabin. Samantha will not cooperate willingly with shunning Josh, and getting the rest of the camp kids to go along is a problem especially if they do not tattle on Oak as the cabin who almost blinded Victoria.
4) get something that the camp staff will let you do.
I have an idea for #4
Trick or guilt the Oaks into confessing the fire extinguisher attack. The camp staff might well help if they recognized that either the Columbines did not know, or were unwilling to tattle, but were willing to flush the guilty parties out.
So now Victoria is blind or mostly blind. And the Columbines are concealing it from the camp staff (supposedly).
A new craft project is quickly started, and is very neat, up until it looks like a blind person took over doing it.
A group of more than just Columbine is trail walking, and Victoria has to be physically guided down the trail. With at least one mishap of walking into a tree or a blatant save from obvious tree. Blatantly (to other campers) hiding Victoria from admin staff in front of other campers when blindness might be recognized (like right after meeting other girls cabin and missing handshake or some equivalent)

Getting trickery, or guilt, to get a guy (or group of guys) to do what you want would be seen by the genetic females of the entire camp (staff and campers) as legitimate (and educational for Eric/Erica). Doing it with the mindset as a prank while the camp is cracking down on all other pranks would be seen as trumping all before it.

WE ARE THE WINNERS
of the prank contests.

About the first part.
My Mother is friends with a woman who did that to her son/daughter.
Father gone. I never heard if he died first, or left and then died, but no father available.
Grandmother stepped in to help her daughter raise her grandchild (not grandson)
Puberty suppressing drugs were in use before seventh grade when low dose female hormones were added and female dress was adopted for school. Mama and Grandma loved him/her.
Wunderkid was presented to admiring school faculty across the Chicagoland area. (very little) Later came school assemblies. Across state lines. Sometimes far enough away (and likely multiple schools) to require staying overnight. By Illinois statute if the assemblies had not been school related, and approved, absences, he would have failed each year of High School.
Boyfriend was found for young lad (given who was found the sexual preferences and the age difference; it was unlikely that they got together by finding themselves) Seventh grader "dating" sophomore (held back a year).
Sex at least by the time it was a freshman/senior relationship. Not sure if the medical parts were done legal or the heavy hormones were administered in time for the year to be done by the time young lad/lass turned 18, or got out of high school, or when.
Guy stuck around until SRS when he evaporated.
Young lass is now legally female. Heavy support from mother and grandmother went away with the SRS. She is just another one of the girls. Now.
Who is now on a fairly heavy anti-depressant drug regime.
I did not try and give specifics as I do not have permission, but a fairly recent (96-05) H.S. graduate from the Chicago area would likely have seen him/her in a school assembly.
I could see young Eric being shoehorned into a similar situation unfortunately.

Pranks that destroy property

Actually, the fire extinguisher prank would be enough to get a very serious investigation at any camp I've been involved with. Not only did the prank injure a camper, it destroyed camp property in that the fire extinguishers will cost money to refill and are now not available for service to put out fires putting the camp at risk on fire codes. The boys tampered with / destroyed camp SAFETY equipment. In a real camp, this would result in an all-out push to find and expel the culprits along with requiring them to pay for the extinguisher recharge. There is a line between prank and vandalism. The boys crossed it.

Samantha's crush wouldn't be there much longer. But unfortunately, in the teenage mind, the boys would probalby become martyrs, unjustly punished by the camp administration. He'd be more desirable to her.

Erica loses no mater what.

Actually

Frank's picture

When I said "real girls" I meant in real life and should have said it that way originally. I didn't mean to you or anyone else wasn't a real girl. I should have said "In real life vs fiction life girls wouldn't accept him after 10 days." My bad in poorly expressing myself.

Hugs!

Alexis

Hugs

Frank

A few points

PrincessChelsea,

A few points that may or may not have been said:

It is a story, nothing more, nothing less; merely a fictional tale. A great story in my opininion, and in many others it would appear, but nothing more. Stories can entertain and make us forget our own troulbles, or they they can make us think, or better yet, make us feel. That is what they do. It would appear that AA has succeeded rather well on that point, since it has made you feel real emotions about Erica's situation.

The term "real girl." Seems to me you are reacting like a real girl (genetic girl, GG, whatever term you want to use, it means the same thing to me). Could it be because you are one? Is this what is the root cause of the angst you are feeling? If so, then AA has succeeded in making you think and feel, which is the goal of any true author. I for one am grateful she shares her craft with us.

Social transvestite? It's a new term to me, but what do I know? The few clues AA has given us leads me to believe Erica is Erica, from the loner bit in school, to the emotionalness he has displayed (wait, real gys don't cry, right?), to the fact he has adapted so naturally and successfully. It could just be she is a really good actress, or it might also be that she is truly transgendeder. We do not know, only AA has that information and she is only giving it to us in little pieces (shame on you AA hehe). We never know who the killer is in a mystery novel until we reach the end of the book, why should this story be any different, what would our incentive be too read it then? I know, I will write a story that only has the ending summation, with no buildup or information on the characters. It would get the facts across, but might read like a report. Would it be enjoyable? As much as the manuals I have to write sometimes. Who knows? Sometimes a book is just a book and we read too much into it (oof, bad pun).

Hugs,

Diana

story good

your story is pretty good and i like all of your other chapters.

Another Wonderful Chapter has Arrived...

A.A.,
You have once again delivered a beauty of a chapter. Quite wonderful, as I eagerly anticipate the next installment of Erika's life...

Hugs,
Jayme

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

I'm glad to see an opportunity for ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... Victoria;s redemption, but I hope it does not keep Erica from finally coming out to her cabin mates as a FORMER boy - because no matter who goes home from Camp K, right now, in mind and spirit, EricA the girl is at camp and Eric is memories.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Camp is nonrealistic environment

Almost nobody at camp had ever encountered Eric. And the second one, the ONE single person outside the setup, who had caused the problem she did.
At home, every neighbor and every classmate and every relative, and ...

Eric would have a stack of probable Victorias at every turn of every aspect of his life. Assuming his parents weren't Victorias themselves. (yes predictable statement about assumptions)
Best chance is a bit of self confidence, a willingness to use his strengths (and art podium) against his opponents and enemies, and the wisdom to not make the latter out of the former.
Maybe Victoria will allow Eric a regular strip in the school paper, starting by ridiculing the group that flag-poled him.
Maybe maybe even help get that particular strip in the local paper (easier if the H.S. team is a losing one).

Speaking as a frequent camper

It's not realistic to say that there should be more people there that knew Eric. Camps pull from VASTLY varied areas. Most camps seek campers from as far from the physical site as possible. I grew up in SW Missouri, and yet the camp I went to most years was on the east side of Tennessee. A lot of kids are on the "bus to camp" for 6-10 hours each year. This is why Parents' Day at most all-summer camps is such a big deal. You're not close enough for them to just come and get you or see you.

Hmm, please reread it, that is not what I said

What I said was that a boarding Summer Camp is not a realistic lab for evaluating what Eric would be put through in a lifestyle change to Erica.
And that only two people there knew Erica as Eric.
And that at home there would be a lot more that knew Eric.
How that transmorphed into a lot of people at camp knew Erica as Eric I do not understand.
/grin

great chapter

Hi A.A.

thanks for another great chapter.
Eric(a) has come a long way and deserves that (s)he is given a chance for the rest of the summer.

I to wonder if Eric just likes that he is not bullied and so enjoys being a girl since this is wahat enables him to expirence that.
If so then why has it been so easy for him to blend in as a girl from the beginning? Should he not have had at least some problems?

Maybe he is a transsexual but did not realize it before. I was bullied a lot as a child and had tons of negative nick names. I was bullied on a near hourly basis and often went home with thoughts of suicide at the age of 6 to 8. Later things got calmer when I stoped responding emotionally. When I stoped living and just existed. I ignored myself. I was just a mind with no body. Thats why I needed so long to find out who I'm truely am. I made a few attempts to try out being a girl but my rational mind and my extremely low selfesteem kept me from doing much or even becoming very aware.

Eric could be similar. He could be a girl but was way to busy surviving so far to actually notice that he is different in a way that no one has openly recognized yet.

Samantha could have jump started the selfdiscovery of a young transsexual. However she could also just given a scared boy a way of escaping his cruel daily reality.

Even if the 2nd is true then why did you think he could make it as a girl? Maybe subconciously she did realize Erica already existed.

Personally I think that the most likely but it is A.A,'s story so I will wait and see what will happen. I just hope that Eric(a) will come out with a better future than her past.

thanks for this moving lovely story A.A.

hugs

Holly

Friendship is like glass,
once broken it can be mented,
but there will always be a crack.

Come on...

While I love the discussion (good discussion is always fun) This story is what it is "A Story"!! One that I love I might add. I'm sure that if we had written it, it would be different and take this or that direction. But for me the fun of this site is reading the different styling in writing. I choose to just read it and enjoy it! I will leave the dissecting for class! I can't wait for the next one!!!

Lana Lund

Victoria getting a taste of

Zoe Taylor's picture

Victoria getting a taste of how the other side lives was a very nice touch, speaking as someone who knows firsthand what Eric went through, at least my freshman year *grin*

I've been up all night because I just cannot stop reading. The last time I did that was reading Sheridan's "Carmilla". Cheers!
~Zoe

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

Become a Patron for early access ♥

Reconciliation

Looks like we have a reconciliation with Victoria

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna