Camp Kumoni : 40

Printer-friendly version
Camp Kumoni Ch. 40

by Anistasia Allread

Assisted and proofed by Nick B

“You aren’t going to peek, are you?”

“No!” Erika asserted, disgusted by the thought.

    

Dani was the first to break the silence. “Well it’s about time.”

Several of the others started to hoot and whistle as the two became lost in each other’s embrace.

“You need to come up for air sometime,” Rachel laughed. She took the nozzle she was holding and began spraying them again.

Phoenix stepped out of the walk in and started towards the two. “Alright you two, that’s enough.”

Samantha released Erika’s lips ever so slowly, yet it was like she was pulling a band aid off of a wound. Those lips. Those beautiful, soft, wonderful lips.

Erika opened her eyes to see the copper haired counselor standing behind Samantha. “Exploring your sexuality at this age is a healthy thing,” she began. “But please, let’s do it in a more private manner.”

Samantha turned three shades of red,

“Well it’s a good thing I hadn’t mopped the floor yet,” Katie giggled.

The ladies of Columbine, finished their tasks, helped mop the floor, wipe down the stainless and finished putting the dishes away.

“I’ll go get Sheila to do the final inspection, if you all want to head back to the cabin,” Rachel stated.

“I sure could use a shower,” Erika sighed.

Rachel smiled. “What do you mean, I just gave you one.”

“But Samantha was being a water hog. Besides I need to wash my hair in water that doesn’t feel like it has fry grease in it.”


The clock radio went off in the middle of a heavy metal song. Erika decided that it was too early for that kind of music and threw her pillow across the cabin at Rachel.

“Hey!” Rachel protested.

“It’s the Fourth of July.” Dani’s voice was full of excitement. “It’s one of my favorite holidays of the year.”

“Do we get to sleep in today?” Victoria groaned.

“No,” Rachel stated. “But no exercise this morning. We need to spend the time decorating the cabin for inspection.”

“That’s right. We got all of those decorations.” Krystal propped herself up on her bed.

“You guys got Fourth of July decorations?” Tricia inquired.

Samantha started to wake up. “Yeah.”

“That is so cool!” Tricia exclaimed. “I love this cabin.”

“It’s Sunday, right?” Victoria asked.

Phoenix flipped over. “Yes.”

“That means we get to switch back to morning showers.”

Katie stretched. “Oh, Thank God.” I have such a hard time waking up without my shower in the morning.”

One by one the girls tumbled from their bunks and made their way to the bathroom to take care of their bodily functions.

“Why don’t you get a head start on your shower?” Rachel suggested to Erika. “That way, you’ll be through as we get down there. When you get back up here, you can start on the cleaning.”

“Okay. But I need a little longer for a shower this morning. I need to shave.” Erika grimaced.

“Do what you have to do. We’ll see you down there.”

Erika grabbed her toiletries and towel, along with a pair of shorts and a red tank top before making her way down to the showers.

Erika’s mind wandered to the previous night to Samantha’s lips pressed against hers, the taste of her tongue and the feel of her soft silky skin against hers.

The daydream like state carried her into the bathroom where she sat her toiletries on the counter and absent mindedly looked into the mirror. A pretty brunette girl with large blue eyes looked back at her. An imaginary image of Samantha came up behind her and wrapped her arms around her waist, while her imaginary lips pressed against her neck, before the image’s chin rested on her shoulder and smiled in the mirror at her.

Who’d ever thought that Samantha Thompson would ever have anything to do with ‘the plague’? She smiled at herself in the mirror, studying the face that stared back at her and slowly her smile faded. She wasn’t the plague, she was Erika, or was she? Was she really Erika, or was she Eric? Did Samantha kiss Eric last night or Erika?

If Samantha likes, Erika, and finds Erika attractive, will she feel the same way towards Eric or will she just see Eric as ‘the plague’?

Erika grabbed her toiletry bag off the counter and distractedly dragged her towel behind her as she entered a shower stall. She had to admit, Erika was a striking image. As Eric, if he had seen such a girl on the street, he’d look twice, but Samantha wasn’t gay, she was attracted to jocks and such. Why would she be attracted to a guy trying to be a girl for the summer?

The hot water poured over her as she contemplated the current situation. Maybe Samantha didn’t have a type. Maybe Samantha was exploring other avenues. Was Erika then just an experiment, or was Eric the experiment.

Erika rinsed her hair and pushed away the troubling thoughts for a few moments, while she concentrated on shaving her body, getting as close a shave of the peach fuzz on her face as she could then carefully denuding the hair under her arms. She then carefully scraped the hair away from her legs and double checked their smoothness with her fingertips before putting the pink razor away.

“You almost done in there, Erika?” Samantha called from outside the stall.

“Yes. Just a few more minutes.” Erika called back. She could hear the voices and noises of the other girls as they undressed and got into their own showers.

“Tricia had a really cool idea,” Samantha said by way of a greeting as Erika exited the shower stall. “We’re going to braid our hair and sew red, white, and blue ribbon through it.”

Erika looked blankly at Samantha. “You can do that?”

“Of course, silly.”

“How do you get it out?” Erika bit her lower lip in thought.

“It’s not tied or sewn in that way.” Samantha giggled. “I guess I should have said it is woven into the braid.”

“Oh. Okay.”

Even with her morning breath and her hair a mess, she was beautiful. How did she do it? Like a moth to a flame, Erika found her lips drawn to Samantha’s. An electric spark of pleasure raced through her body, causing a certain something in her gaffe to strain against its confines.

“See you back in the cabin.” Samantha smiled before closing the door behind her. She popped her head back out. “You aren’t going to peek, are you?”

“No.” Erika said, disgusted by the thought.

“I trust you, but some of the others aren’t quite sure yet, so it’d be best if you combed your hair and stuff up at the cabin,” Samantha whispered.

Erika sighed, grabbed her bag and bundle before heading back up to the cabin.

She wrapped the towel up around her head like a turban and began picking up and cleaning the cabin. She was just finishing with the sweeping when Rachel and Tricia entered.

“Wow, you’ve gotten most everything done,” Tricia complimented. “Thank you Erika.”

Rachel dumped her stuff off in her drawer and retrieved her suitcase from the closet. Dani, Katie and Victoria arrived and gathered around with them to watch as Rachel pulled steamers, balloons, flags, sparklers and a ‘Happy Fourth of July’ sign out and laid them on the bed.

The girls rushed to put their thing away and threw themselves into their decorating task. Krystal, Samantha and Phoenix arrived in the middle of the excitement and joined in the fun.

One by one, Victoria pulled one of the girls off to the side and deftly braided each side of their head. Once Tricia was finished with her decorating, she borrowed Rachel’s largest needle. With quick strokes, she threaded the colorful ribbons through the braids, leaving some out at the ends like streamers.

“Should we wear our Lavender shirts?” Phoenix asked of the group.

“It’s Fourth of July. We should be wearing red, white, and blue.” Dani asserted, voicing every ones opinion.

Erika looked up after Tricia finished sewing the ribbons through her hair and noticed that the new addition to the group was wearing her lavender wrist bands. She glanced around and found that everyone but she was wearing their lavender wrist bands. She turned pink at the thought of not supporting her girlfriend and after thanking Tricia, quickly wrapped the scraps of shirt around her wrists.

“Come on, Rachel,” Victoria gestured.

“My hair’s too short,” Rachel scoffed.

“I can do something with it. You can’t be the only one in the cabin without ribbons.”

“It’s alright, really,” Rachel grimaced.

“You’ve got to show your cabin spirit,” Katie encouraged.

Rachel stomped across the cabin. “Will it shut you all up?”

“For now,” Samantha smiled.

Victoria pulled the crown of Rachel’s hair back into a ponytail and braided it.

Dani and Katie stood at the door of the cabin and surveyed their handy work.

“This looks really good,” Dani smiled.

Katie looked to the glowering girl getting ribbons sewn into her braid. “Rachel, this was a fantastic idea.”

The corners of Rachel’s mouth threatened to smile. “Thanks.”


The mess hall was filled with excitement as the campers were eagerly awaiting a day of rest, relaxation and a lot of fun. It sounded like most were planning on spending the day in the water or on the beach.

“When are your parents coming?” Erika asked of Samantha.

“I’m not sure,” she shrugged. “It’s a couple of hours drive from the city, so it will probably be sometime this afternoon.”

“Do you want me with you?” Erika questioned.

“Nah. I think I can handle it,” Samantha shrugged. She looked into Erika’s concerned eyes and swallowed. “But I wouldn’t mind if you were close by, just in case.”

Erika gave her love’s knee a squeeze in loving understanding.

Bowls of sugared strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream were set on the table followed closely by large stacks of waffles.

“That is so cool,” Tricia bounced. “A red, white and blue breakfast.”

As they were finishing their holiday breakfast, Director Hobbs took her place at the front of the mess hall. After getting their attention she began the week’s point totals for the cabins. Even without its leader, Oak cabin took the lead in points for the boys. For the girls, it was close. Only five points separated the two top cabins for the week. Rachel was disappointed to find out that Columbine cabin came in second.

“Do today’s inspection points count in that or next week’s?” Tricia asked.

“Next week’s,” Phoenix answered around a bite of strawberry.

“Due to recent events,” Director Hobbs continued. “There will be no more mixed gender boat or canoe check outs and today, everyone is restricted to the camp’s main campus. No wandering around the lake or taking off on to the trails.”

“Typical,” Rachel growled. “She calls an attempted rape an ‘event’.”

“You all have noticed that the Firefighting helicopters are using our lake and because of this, we are asking anyone canoeing or boating to stay on the sides of the lake. Anyone going into the middle of the lake will lose their lake privileges for the summer.” She paused for emphasis, “Everyone have a good Fourth,” She finished with a smile.

Erika looked up from her plate to see Director Hobbs standing at the end of their table.

“I just wanted to let you know how overjoyed the judges were this morning when they entered your cabin.” She scanned each of them. “They asked me to go take a look for myself. You girls really out did yourselves.” She smiled. “I am personally awarding your cabin ten extra points.”

“Thank you,” Dani grinned. “It was Rachel’s idea.”

Director Hobbs smiled at the athletic young girl before taking them all in again. “Have fun today, girls and don’t forget, you three have kitchen duty this evening.”

“We all have kitchen duty this evening,” Dani stated after Hobbs left.

“No, you don’t,” Erika argued. “This is our punishment. You need to enjoy your Fourth.”

“As Rachel pointed out last week, we are a cabin,” Victoria vocalized. “When one of us does well, we all do well. When one of us gets unfairly punished then we all get unfairly punished. That’s all there is to it.”

“It’s the Fourth of July,” Erika protested. “You should be out enjoying fireworks, watermelon and ice cream or something, not cleaning a kitchen.”

“So should you,” Krystal stated. “You all get up at the crack of dawn to exercise with me. That isn’t fair to you. You aren’t the ones who are fat. Besides, I can look at helping out as a bit more exercise.” She smiled.

Krystal turned to Katie. “It’s my turn to clean the floor tonight.”

“Enough about tonight,” Samantha said, ending the conversation. “Rachel what did you have planned today?”

“I am going to teach the boys that girls can kick their asses in basketball.” She grinned. “Any of you want to join me?” No one said anything. “Come on Krystal, I could really use you out there.”

“I can’t play basketball,” The large girl admitted.

“All you need to do is keep the boys busy and if you get the ball pass it to me. I’ll take care of the rest.” Rachel smiled.

“We’ll see.” Krystal was non-committal.

“What about you, Dani?” Samantha inquired.

“Katie and I are going to the beach to enjoy the water and sun.”

“Tricia?” Samantha prodded.

“I don’t know,” The blonde in pink admitted. “Probably work on my tan a bit. Maybe pretend to read a magazine while checking out the guys at the beach.”

“That sound fun,” Victoria giggled. “I think I’ll join Tricia.”

“What about you, Erika?” Samantha asked.

“I was hoping that you would join me in canoeing around the lake.” Erika was hopeful. “I’ve lost my duck and would really like to see if I can find him.”

“You’ve lost your duck?” Rachel snorted.

“Haven’t you seen the mother duck and her babies?” Erika inquired.

Katie smiled. “I have. They’re so cute.”

“Yeah, So?” Victoria raised an eyebrow.

“The black duckling is missing,” Erika explained. “I noticed it the other day. I kept hoping that he’d show up, but I haven’t seen him. I want to see if maybe he’s lost or hurt or something.”

A loud thundering noise grew louder and louder.

“The firefighting helicopter,” Tricia spoke.

“Oooh. I hope that you duck didn’t get swallowed by that water bucket,” Rachel smirked.

The horrifying look on Erika’s face was enough to get the athletic girl to start chuckling.

“You are so mean,” Tricia stated. She turned to Erika. “I’m sure that your duck didn’t get swallowed by the water bucket. The noise alone drives the ducks to the edge of the lake.”

“We’ll help you search,” Katie responded, looking at Dani who smiled and nodded.

The girls got up and left the mess hall then split up, going in different directions.

“You never answered me.” Erika looked to Samantha, the fear of being rejected washing over her.

“I would love to go canoeing with you,” she smiled.


“Stay out of the middle of the lake!” Todd called after them as they slowly paddled away from the dock.

“I almost forgot.” Erika looked at Samantha. “I need to stop by that area where Josh attacked you. I left my flip-flops there.”

Samantha went white at the suggestion.

“Never mind, I’ll get them later,” Erika quickly corrected.

“Slow down so we can catch up,” Dani called from another canoe.

Erika rested her paddle across the canoe and relished the feel of the water craft silently slip through the water.

“So what does this duck look like?” Dani asked as their canoe came along side.

“It’s a duckling, a baby duck and it’s the only black one.” Erika scanned the reeds along the shore.

“You sure it’s not with its mother?” Katie asked.

“Yes. I counted them a dozen times and looked for a couple of days.”

“Tell you what. Dani and I’ll head around the other side of the lake and meet you in the back.”

Erika shrugged. “Fine by me. Just be careful if you find him.”

“We will,” Dani assured.

The two turned the canoe around and paddled back towards the docks and to search the other side of the lake.

Erika looked across the lake at the smoke covered hills. The yellow brown haze seemed to fill the entire skyline. Another thump thumping sound of the returning chopper echoed around the tree lined lake.

The two girls pulled in their paddles and let the canoe drift into the reeds as they watched the chopper hover over the lake, re-filling its bucket.

Wind currents created by the blades of the air craft buffeted the girls and reeds. It caused waves on the surface of the water that rocked the canoe, disturbing the peaceful lake.

Straining under the weight of the water laden bucket, the helicopter slowly at first rose up into the sky and began speeding away over the tree tops, as water sloshed and fell in large sheets to the lake and then to the forest floor.

Samantha holding to the reeds to keep the canoe from drifting sighed as the loud noise started to disappear. A silence descended upon the forest around them. Even the birds seemed to keep quiet when the chopper was near.

The girls slowly dipped their paddles into the water and pulled, dipped and pulled. The only sound now was the dripping of water off of their paddles as they reached to dip them again and again.

Samantha froze; her paddle in midair. “Shh. I hear something,” she hissed.

Erika froze as well and strained to hear for any noise that wasn’t familiar.

“Over there.” Samantha pointed with her paddle towards the shore.

“What is it?” Erika whispered.

“I’m not sure, but it sounded out of the ordinary.”

The reeds in this area of the lake were quite thick and tall as they stabbed at the sky over the heads of the girls.

A sudden whooshing noise erupted as two birds hiding in the reeds took flight. Samantha stifled a scream at the sudden clamor. She paused and tilted her head to one side. Erika followed her lead and again concentrated on listening.

“Up there.” Samantha pointed just ahead of them.

A strange noise, not quite a peep, but not a croak either sounded muffled amongst the reeds as they scraped along the hull of the canoe.

Samantha paused again then turned her head a bit. “We passed it.”

Erika dug her paddle into the water behind her and using leverage pushed on the oar against her hand and halted the canoe’s forward momentum. Two more similar stokes and they were floating the way they came.

Erika paused mid stroke. She could now hear the strange noise. It definitely wasn’t a frog. It wasn’t the chirping of a bird or chattering of a squirrel either. Erika pulled in her oar and slowly stood up in the canoe to scan around them.

“I think it’s coming from shore,” she said, almost in a whisper.

As carefully as she dared, she lowered herself to grab the canoe and cautiously slipped her legs into the water. Her feet sank in soft, cool, mud. She then slowly waded to the shore stopping every couple of steps to get her bearings on where the sound was coming from.

Samantha watched and listened as her dark-haired friend slowly searched the shoreline.

Erika stopped and looked down by her feet. She stepped back two steps and paused again. She was so close she could taste it. She heard the muffled noise again and stepped one step forward and up on to shore. Her eyes stared at the ground through the tall grasses and marshy weeds, straining to see where the strange sound was coming from.

She heard it again. Coming from right where she was looking.

Samantha thought Erika was going to dive through the mud, she moved so fast.

Erika brushed a few of the reeds away and found a dark hole its sides nearly vertical. Down in the bottom of the hole, a dark object called up towards the sky.

It was so dark she couldn’t tell what it was. She shifted her head off to the side to allow more sun to penetrate the darkness. There at the bottom of the hole was a black ball of fluffy feathers.

“It’s him!” she cried to Samantha.

She knelt on all fours and slowly lowered her hand into the hole. “Come on, little fella,” she cooed. “Come on. I won’t hurt you.”

Terrified, the little black creature fluttered around the deep hole trying to find an escape.

“Come on,” she coaxed. “I’m just trying to help you.”

Her hand felt soft down and a few more course feathers. Her hand flailed in the bottom, trying to get a hold of the duckling. Finally, she was able to get a hold of a wing and quickly brought it to the surface and cradled it in her two hands.

“I’ve got him! I’ve found my duck!” she cried.

up
206 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Erika Has Won

First, all the girls in the cabin accept her and now Samantha is showing interest in her and she has found her little friend. But will Momma Duck take Blackie back?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Awwww

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how cute!

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Rachel

Y'know... I liked her a lot, but since she's found out Erika's secret, she's been horrible. She had seemed like one of the best of the group: accepting, friendly, do anything for a cabinmate, very much the kind of girl you want to have around.

Now... not so much.

Nice...

It's good she found her "duck"... Now, will she find herself? So many questions yet. How will Samantha's parents react? So much to be resolved.

I like how the "cabin" is chipping in on punishment. Though, I kinda wonder a bit at that being allowed, unless those that gave the punishment KNOW it was unjust. Though, it could just as easily be that the director doesn't know... *sighs*

I like the pace of the story - well what has been published to date anyway. :-)

More soon please? :-) I did ask nicely.

Annette

No No...

Frank's picture

How is the MOMMY duck going to be about getting Daffy (ok Ebony) back? Will she reject and make the girls have to take a mascot?

I'm HIGHLY invested in this duck!! So are my cats for some reason...

Hugs

Hugs

Frank

Sweet Chapter

, very in depth, well written, and watching Erica bloom is a thrill. I am just as anxious for the next part as the upcoming meeting between Samantha and her parents, and Erika present is gonna be a big event. I cant wait to read it.
 

    Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf

Vwewy Nice!

Things are looking up for Erica. I hope that none of the adults find out. :)

Khadija Gwen Brown

Great chapter

Loved the way Samantha was still staying close to Erica. Have to wonder the same as Erica did - Does Samantha like Erica? Does she like Eric? Seems like she isn't just experimenting. Of course it could still be a "camp romance" that ends at the end of camp when Eric and Samantha are back at school.

Seems like the cabin has accepted Erica. Will they forget that she's any different eventually?

Great that they found the duck but I'm sure worried that something bad is going to happen on the lake. Sounds like the camp shouldn't be allowing anyone on the lake right now.

Not at all surprised to see the administration allowing the cabin to participate in the punishment. They push cabin loyalty - they've succeeded beyond their goals.

Peep, peep ... where is that noise coming from?

It sounds like it is coming from... wait a second ... it's not a gator, gators are for down South. This is Northern USA country. It's black, has wings, ... it's..it's Baby Super Duck Dodger of the 24-1/2 century!!! (aka Daffy Duck for you cartoon fans). He is not lost anymore, he is found!

Hello A.A.!!! ^___^ ;-D

He is ready to vanquish the bad vibes in the camp and bring laughter and joy to all gathered there on July 4th. Just watch out for Marvin the Martian, his space dog and those huge two legged emus. You just need to add water to bring those emus to life!! ....giggle ... Of course where is Bugs Bunny when you need him to save Earth?

Thanks for another great chapter Anastasia. A nice relaxing evening and morning before the afternoon thunderstorms with Samantha's parents. Nice bonus points to get the cabin dressed up for the Fourth. Plus have the girls with red, white and blue ribbons in the hair. That will be a sight to see among the campers. Really showing their patriotic spirits.

Well, waiting patiently as usual for the next chapter. Praying that all goes well with Samantha and her parents. We know it will be a real tear jerker. We better get several boxes of tissue out to be ready to weep with them. Take care until next time. (sniff, sniff, ... I am just practicing and getting ready emotionally.)

Rachel

A duck stuck in the muck?

Lost, separatated from it's mom, maybe one of thoe heliocpoter down washes tangled it in the reeds?

Or, trash snagged it, a common killer/crippler of wildlife, a lost bit of monofilament fishline, a plastic soda pack, those ring things? Or maybe even one of those nasty boys from *oak* trapped it for fun?

Rachel's nasty streak saddens me, the camp director, though a woman disapoints me she would likely have swept the near rapes under the rug but too many knew this time. And I worry about Samantha's parents, will they yank her out of there leaving Erika in peril? And what of the close by forest fire? At a minimum all that smmoke is bad for your lungs.

Will Eric be able to merge the best of Erica and Eric into one and put the Plague behind him? Will Samantha love Eric? Eric is happier as Erica but he still is Eric in his heart and sexual orientation as best I can tell. Maybe a great sometimes crossdressing man will emerge. Maybe Erika is his/her destiny but just because he is small and late to develope does not automatically makes him TG. Eric could be he destiny, to choose wrong would make himor her miserable, poor kid.

I hope the girls at camp will give him/her the chance to find out what he or she truely is and wants, not just what the other want or will accept.

Great work, AA.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Samantha's Parents reactions.....Why?

Some have seen to indicate that Samantha's parents are going to react to Erika. Why? There has not been any indications that Samantha's parents knew Eric that well, and they certainly don't know Erika. When they see Erika, they will see what everyone else has seen, a very pretty girl that is friends with their daughter.

The big question is will they force Samantha to leave the camp, and will they think about suing the camp for negligence since the camp allowed the same boy to get by with an earlier incident of attacking a fellow female camper?

Possible problem

The only possible problem I can see coming from Samantha's parents would be if they learned about Erika's role and insisted to reward her by taking her to diner together with her parents or something along those lines.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Now What??

Hey AA////; Now you have left us hanging again making sure we have to wait for the next chapter to find whats going to happen next! Just kidding - This is great and waiting for next chapter, Thks! Richard

Richard

Going quackers

Over a duck.

The mind boggles.

I suspect that Anistasia will be asking us to name it next.

Lady E

I Want A New Duck

- Lyrics by Weird Al...
sung to the tune of "I Want A New Drug" by Huey Lewis and the News

Woh oh

I want a new duck
One that won't try to bite
One that won't chew a hole in my socks
One that won't quack all night

I want a new duck
One with big webbed feet
One that knows how to wash my car
And keep his room real neat

One that won't raid the ice box
One that'll stay in shape
One that's never gonna try to migrate or escape
Or I'll tie him up with Duck Tape

I want a new duck
A mallard I think
One that won't make a mess of my house
Or build a nest in the bathroom sink

I want a new duck
One that won't steal my beer
One that won't stick his bill in my mail
One that knows the duck stops here

One that won't drive me crazy waddling all around
One who'll teach me how to swim and help me not to drown
And show me how to get down
How to get down baby

Get it?
*****
*****
*** ****
****
*** ***

I want a new duck
Not a swan or a goose
Just a drake I can dress real cute
Think I'm gonna name him Bruce

I want a new duck
Not a quail or an owl
One that won't molt to much
One that won't smell too fowl

One that won't beg for breadcrumbs
Hangin' around all day
He'd better mind his manners
Better do just what I say
Or hes gonna be duck patte, duck patte, yah, yah
*

*****
***** (*** ** **)
****
*******
(lots of quacking sounds)

Still Enjoying the Story...

...but I think I liked the black duckling more when it was just symbolic.

Anyway, we'll have to see where A.A. takes this. Or for that matter, where Erika takes the duckling.

Eric

Hurray for the duck!

sonai67's picture

Greetings again Anistasia;

Great chapter, the cabin is getting to be very supportive of Ericka, and pitching in to be a group, even if it means they give up the earned privlage of going on a special movie nite, to stay behind and help out their cabin mates that defended themselves and got into trouble from that choice.

And I am very, very happy that Ericka has been able to find and resque her newest little friend, the black duckling. We know what it is like to be different from the rest of the groups, and how it can lead to lonelyness and despair, and the joy and happeness when we find a kindred spirit that lets us know that we are not alone...

Keep up the Great Work, and I am again impatiently awaiting the next chapter...

Well thought through, and delightfull chapter this one is...

Blessings of the Goddess be upon you...

HUGGS

Sonai67

Sonai67

Everything is Ducky?

I have enjoyed this story.. long or short chapters it is ALL good!!!! Please keep up the good writing!

Oh duck!

Angharad's picture

They found it (in real life it would unlikely to survive two days without food).

Angharad