Runway | Chapter 29:

Printer-friendly version

Runway
Chapter 29: -

by Arecee

Bill Cline called the next afternoon.

“Universal,” Brenda said when she answered the phone.

“Brenda, it’s Bill.”

“Hi Bill, what’s up?”

“I have the results of the junk you gave me, and I don’t think you will like what I’m going to tell you.”

“What’s that?”

“The stuff you bought from Susan doesn’t match Melissa’s cocaine. We have no idea where she got it.”

“If Melissa is getting her drugs from Susan, maybe she hasn’t run out of what she has yet. Remember, I got mine from Melissa first and it might have been the last of Susan’s. When she buys it again it will probably match, but I will have to wait until she buys again.”

“How will you know when she buys it?” asked Bill.

“I don’t know, I guess the easiest way to find out would be to buy from each girl weekly and when they match we’ll have them.”

“That’s a good idea Brenda. I’ll have some extra money put in your bank account so you will be able to afford buying the drugs. If I don’t, Melissa will think you’re already whoring yourself to buy her drugs,” Bill said.

“Thanks Bill, I’ll call you when I have something for you,” Brenda said.

Mario came in later to remind Brenda of Thanksgiving.

“Hi sweetheart, I just wanted to remind you about Thanksgiving dinner at mom’s Thursday,” he said.

“I’m looking forward to it. What should I wear?” she asked.

“Maybe a dress, it’s a little more formal than Sunday dinners. I’ll pick you up around noon. Do you have time for a snack after work?” Mario asked.

“I do if, it’s with you.”

“I’ll see you at five.”

“Okay, love you.”

“Love you too,” he replied as he left.

Tiffany was working day and night. During the day, she did fashion shows, and then was shooting commercials in the evening.

She was shooting an ad for a major department store, only this time she didn’t have to speak any lines. She was on her ninth take and was growing tired of the whole thing.

“When are we going to finish this scene?” she asked.

“When that idiot working with you doesn’t screw up,” the director said.

“She’s just tired. Maybe we should take a break,” Tiffany said.

“She wouldn’t be tired if she slept at night. Come on, let’s try again,” the director said.

“Please concentrate Mandy, I want to go home,” Tiffany whined.

“I’m trying Tiffany, it's just that my mother just found out she has cancer and I’m having trouble concentrating. I’ll be alright,” Mandy said.

It took two more takes before the shoot with Mandy was done. Tiffany was tired, but she still had two more things to film before they would finish for the day. The only saving grace was that Tiffany was alone so they went quickly.

“Miss Rollins, Paul Bennington wishes to speak with you,” one of the people that hang around these kinds of productions said.

“Who’s Paul Bennington?” Tiffany asked.

“He’s the CEO of the company you’re doing this for.”

“I’ll be just a moment, I should change into my own clothes.”

“You mustn’t keep him waiting, he came here especially to meet you.”

“Me?”

“Yes, he’s quite a fan of yours.”

“Okay, lead the way,” Tiffany said.

Tiffany was led to a tall man and introduced to him.

“Tiffany Rollins, this is Paul Bennington. Mister Bennington, Tiffany Rollins.”

“Tiffany, what a pleasure to meet you, I’m quite a fan of yours. I had to have you for our advertising after I saw you in those Sunstar commercials,” Paul said.

“Thank you Mister Bennington, it’s a pleasure working for you,’ Tiffany said.

“Call me Paul. I think the shooting is done for the evening and I was wondering if you would do me the honor of accompanying me to dinner. You must be famished.”

“I am hungry, but I should change first.”

“Nonsense, you look perfect. Take the dress, it’s yours and leave the heels on. Shall we?” Paul said as he extended his arm to Tiffany.

Tiffany looked at the man. He was extremely handsome, well tanned, and definitely had a flare for fashion. He appeared to be in his early forties with just a little sprinkling of gray at his temples. His smile was disarming, perfectly straight white teeth, he looked like an ad for teeth whitener, which made his cobalt blue eyes stand out and glisten in the light. Tiffany was mesmerized by his good looks and placed her hand on his arm.

“Oh wait, let me get my things. They have to lock up after we leave,” Tiffany said.

Tiffany went to the changing are, threw her clothes into the large bag she carried to these sessions and put the strap over her shoulder.

“Let me carry that for you,” Paul said.

Tiffany handed the bag to Paul as he escorted Tiffany to a waiting limousine and helped her into the car.

The couple arrived at a restaurant Tiffany would have never guessed was there. It was one of those places celebrities went to have a quiet evening of dining, without having fans bothering them every second.

“Good evening, Mister Bennington. Your usual table?” the host asked.

“Yes Maurice, that would be fine.”

The couple was escorted to a small table near the center of the room and seated by the host.

“Would you like a cocktail?” Paul asked Tiffany.

“A glass of white wine would be fine,” she answered.

Tiffany was handed a menu, which she opened and wondered why there were no prices next to the offerings.

“Paul, the prices are missing from my menu,” she said.

“They aren’t listed at this restaurant. If you need to ask, you don’t belong here,” he said.

“Oh,” she said.

“Tell me about yourself Tiffany. I’ve been mesmerized ever since I saw you in that commercial,” Paul said.

“There’s not much to tell. I’m from Minnesota and got into modeling by accident. I’m tall for a girl and I used to be teased because of my height. I played basketball in school, but wasn’t very good. It was hard for me to find a date to the school dances because boys don’t like their dates to be taller than them, so I fanaticized about being one of the girls in the magazine ads and when I graduated from high school I started modeling and here I am,” she said.

“I’m glad you became a model, or I wouldn’t have met you. I’ve never had a girl make an impression on me as you have. I feel like I have a school boy crush on you,” Paul said.

“That’s sweet of you to say Paul, but we’ve just met,” Tiffany said.

“I know we have and it was the strangest thing when I saw you the first time, my heart skipped a beat. You’re very special Tiffany.”

“Thank you Paul,” Tiffany replied.

Tiffany wondered what in the world was going on. Paul was an extremely handsome man, one who could have any woman he wanted and here he was pouring his heart out to her like a love sick little boy. "Am I that exciting to him?" she wondered.

Tiffany liked the way Paul was looking at her. It wasn’t lustful, but more a look of admiration, she was growing fond of him. She felt like Paul was becoming a friend, the kind she would like to hang out with, like one of the guys. What she didn’t realize that she was having feelings a woman has for a man and they were slowly taking control of her emotions. She was becoming more of a woman than she wanted to be.

Paul was terribly infatuated with Tiffany, her beauty was beyond what he was used to seeing, but her inner beauty was what drew him to her. How he wondered, could such a beauty be such a nice person too. Most of the women Paul dated were jaded beyond description, real bitches that saw him as a bottomless source of money. Tiffany was different from the others. She was here to have dinner and be with him, no commitments or promises, just the enjoyment of being together.

As the evening continued, the conversation became more flirtatious. Both giving as well as taking, most of it very innocent and then Tiffany made a mistake.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” she asked.

“Not yet,” Paul answered.

“I’m surprised; you’re a very handsome man. I would think you would have your pick of women,” she said.

Tiffany was startled by what was flowing from her mouth, she never talked to guys like this. She was always guarded and now her wall of protection seemed to have been taken down, and she was babbling like a schoolgirl. "Shut up Tiffany," she thought.

“I date quite often, but until now I didn’t care much about whom I was with. You’re special Tiffany, and I’d like to show you how special you really are.”

Tiffany was blushing, she was feeling special with Paul. Maybe it would be alright to lower her defenses a little and learn more about this man. Maybe even become friends.

Tiffany thought about Brenda. She seems very happy with her life and what the heck, Brenda hadn’t turned into some kind of monster by dating Mario. Just the opposite seemed to have happened, Tiffany had never seen Brenda so happy and she seemed to have gained direction in her life. Maybe I’ll try this thing to see where it might lead. It’s going to end soon anyway, so I might as well enjoy the ride.

“Paul, you’re very sweet, but it’s getting late and I have a show in the morning and more commercials to shoot in the afternoon, we really should be going,” Tiffany said.

Paul looked at his watch.

“I didn’t realize how late it was. Let me sign for dinner and I’ll run you home, but only if you’ll see me again.”

“I’d love to see you again, I really enjoyed your company,” Tiffany gushed.

Like the advertisement says, having tons of money, great. Having Tiffany Rollins accept your invitation, priceless.

“Are you doing anything this Thanksgiving?” Paul asked.

“I was just going to stay home,” she responded.

“Spend it with me, I’d be honored.”

“I’d like that very much,” Tiffany said.

The bill was paid and Tiffany was escorted to the waiting limo and Paul helped her into the car. He entered the other side and sat next to Tiffany. He placed his arm around her shoulders and she snuggled against his chest. She had been modeling spring fashions and the dress she had on wasn’t doing much to turn away the winter’s cold and Paul felt warm and comforting.

They rode in silence and Paul decided to take a chance with this girl he liked so much. He turned her face toward his and kissed her softly on the lips. When she felt her head being turned Tiffany knew what was coming and much to her surprise, she wanted this kiss. It felt good, soft and sensual, loving, full of life, not some dirty pushing of the lips, but a display of love. She felt her stomach grow tight and placed her arms around Paul’s neck and kissed him back. She felt wonderful. Paul’s lips didn’t repulse Tiffany, but made her feel like a woman, much to her dismay. Tiffany had finally come to grips with herself, be a woman, let the man go and recover him after this undercover thing was over. Tiffany finally got what this was all about.

The kisses continued until Tiffany arrived home. Paul walked her to the door and gave her one more kiss.

“I’ll call you tomorrow,” he said.

“I’d like that,” Tiffany responded and went into her apartment.

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great job Arecee

And thanks for bringing it to BC Samantha.

I like it a lot. And now, are we going to see more of the life and times of Tiffany?
For a long time you have given the story from Brenda's angle mostly, but it seems you're going to shed light on the other half of the duo. And that's just dandy because I often did wonder how Tiffany was taking this boy-to-girl switch for sake of investigation.
The story, imho, gives a nice view on what could happen with people when they are exposed to living a role for a prolonged time, where the importance of emerging in that role is important to their health :) In a way, I think, this is a play based on the theory of nurture being a decisive part on who and what a person will become, even when nature did intentionally point in another direction.

This is not to express my support of such theories, but I like to think of it as the story basis, and the story itself, nonetheless.

Thank you for entertaining,

Jo-Anne

Runway

Another wonderful chapter Arcee, very well done.

Hugs
Joni W

Brava Arecee!!!

Just commented on SMTM, and thought I would add a comment here too.

Brenda and Tiffany are moving along their paths quite well and the story is very well done.

I don't know if it is intentional, but you have let us a lot further into Brenda's head than Tiffany's (at least so far).
Since Tiffany is starting to "get into it", can we expect a little more character development/exposition?

You have given us all a vast understanding of your characters' motives and feelings, and I guess I'd like to know a little more about Miss Tiffany.

Finally, I am extremely grateful that you have chosen to write for us, and please, oh please, keep up the excellent work!