Runway | Chapter 45:

Printer-friendly version

Runway
Chapter 45 - Final Chapter

by Arecee

Universal was shut down, so Tiffany and Brenda reported to work at the FBI offices on Monday morning. The other agents had a hard time believing that the super model was one of them. Both girls finished their paperwork and had to come to some life changing decisions.

Brenda called her doctor and opted for her operation.

“Doc, I want to finish this and have the ultimate sacrifice, as you so succinctly put it. Or as I might say, the ultimate reward,” Brenda said.

“You’re sure about this Brenda? There’s no turning back if you do,” he said.

“That’s why I want it, I don’t want to turn back. I’m Brenda Watson now except for one thing and I want that changed,” she said.

“I’ll schedule it for next week. We’ll have the finest surgeon in this field flown in to take care of it for you. You deserve time off for what you did for the agency, so recuperation won’t be a problem,” he said.

“I’ll see you next week,” she said.

Tiffany and Brenda went to lunch to talk.

“Tiffany, I’m going through with the operation, and I’m going to become a complete woman,” Brenda said.

“I knew you would. I’m happy for you,” Tiffany said.

“What about you? What are you going to do now that this is over?” Brenda asked.

“I don’t know. Several of the large agencies have contacted me about signing with them and I’ve been asked to return to Quantico. Apparently they have another assignment for me, so I’ll go there and think about my career options. If I continue modeling I’ll make a lot of money and you’ve seen the fame, but I’ll have to give up Dirk, which at this time doesn’t seem so bad. I’ve become very comfortable as Tiffany and considering what I have to gain, I’m not sure of what I’ll do. I’m sure I’ll come to some kind of logical decision,” Tiffany said.

“Next Monday is the big day for me and no mater what you decide I, love you,” Brenda said.

“I love you too Brenda.”

Monday came and Brenda had her surgery and it came out perfectly. She was released from the hospital two weeks later and scheduled for the cosmetic finishing touches two months later. With her surgery complete, only her gynecologist would know she wasn’t born a woman.

Three months had past since her last surgery when Brenda heard her name called by a familiar male voice.

“Brenda,” he said.

Brenda turned and saw Dirk at her office door.

“Dirk,” she shrieked, and ran to her friend and hugged him. “What happened to Tiffany?”

“It’s a long story. Can we go somewhere to talk?” he asked.

“I’ll take my lunch now. Come on, I know a nice quiet restaurant nearby,” she said.

Brenda stood and Dirk looked at his friend. She was the same bubbly girl he remembered, except her hair was longer now, almost to her mid back. She was wearing a knee length gray skirt, a white sleeveless blouse and black shoes with two-inch heels. She still had that stop traffic figure and cute cheerleader face. He had missed seeing his friend.

Brenda took Dirk by the hand and led him to the elevator for the trip to the street.

“You look good Dirk, handsome as ever and I see you lost the fat you put on as Tiffany,” Brenda said.

“Yeah, back to being skinny old me. You look great Brenda. How have things been for you?” he asked.

“Pretty good, I have no complaints. I’m all healed from the surgeries and I love my job,” she said.

“Are you still living at the same place?” he asked.

“Yes, I love having Annie as a friend and don’t think I would want to move from there,” she said.

“Are you seeing anyone?” he asked.

“Not exclusively. I’m trying to keep from being too serious right now,” she said.

The elevator doors opened and the two friends walked to the restaurant and found a table.

“Now tell me all about Tiffany,” Brenda asked.

“Where would you like me to start?” Dirk asked.

“After the arrest,” Brenda said.

“Okay, after Melissa was arrested I wondered what would happen to Tiffany. I think it was two days before my phone started ringing. All the big modeling firms called and they wanted Tiffany. I talked to a few of them and you wouldn’t believe the offers I got from them. They wanted me to sign with different advertisers for a ton of money. One offer was worth over a million dollars. I didn’t know what to do so I turned off my phone to think,” Dirk said.

“Where did you go?” Brenda asked.

“I stayed home alone and thought about everything being offered to me and the consequences of what my decision would mean. I thought about my life as Tiffany and how I hated it in the beginning, but how I had learned to embrace it in the end. It was just a job, but as Tiffany’s personality developed she also did as a person. After the Voss ad she became popular and with that popularity came fame. Every move she made she was catered to and pampered. She wore only the finest clothes and rode in the best cars, she stayed at the finest hotels when she was on location, she was a queen. She had her choice of men to date and even started to like them. She was on top of the world,” Dirk said.

“What changed all that?” Brenda asked.

“Tiffany wanted to take a walk one day and she put on her designer shorts and blouse, her wedge sandals, made her face up and walked outside. She had gone about two blocks when she was asked for an autograph, which was a thing that had become part of her life. She signed her name and the fan went on her way. She walked a bit farther when an older woman approached her and said, “I know you, you’re that model girl. I used to be a model, I was famous,” and then she continued on her way. What she had said put Tiffany’s life in a different perspective and she knew what she would do.

“Brenda, you have no idea how hard it was for me to give up being Tiffany, the glamour and pampering, the new feelings I had when Hank kissed me. All that would have to go if I decided to become Dirk again. I had started to love being Tiffany, but she wasn’t really me; she was an illusion. I thought about the offers, but realized that I would have to become Tiffany not just portray her and if I did there would be no turning back. God, I was tempted. Fame is a strong aphrodisiac, Brenda; strong enough to do anything to keep it. My feelings for Hank made it even more difficult. I wanted him in the worse way and if I could have done what I wanted to do with him I would probably still be Tiffany today, but when I met that woman I saw another side of fame. It doesn’t last forever. I remembered something you told me, be true to yourself, not to something you want. I was living an illusion and that’s not how I wanted to spend my life, so I decided to be me, Dirk Rollins and Tiffany would have to go. So here I am,” he said.

“Any regrets?” Brenda asked.

“Not one. I thought I would miss Tiffany, but I don’t. I have the life I really wanted.”

“What are you doing now?” Brenda asked.

“I’m working with the agency in Virginia and we’re planning another operation. After our thing was over, they wanted me to go to San Francisco as Tiffany and I told them no way. I like my life now. I like being Dirk,” he said.

“I’m happy for you. You’ve been a wonderful friend and I’ll love you always,” Brenda said.

“Tell me more about yourself. Are you dating anyone?” he asked.

“No one person. Why, are you interested?” Brenda giggled.

“I would be tempted, but I’m seeing a girl I met around three months ago and we’re becoming pretty serious. She’s a lot like me, kind of serious, you know better that anyone how I am,” Dirk said.

“I sure do. I hope some of Tiffany rubbed off on you, she was fun,” Brenda said.

“She was, and I think a little did. See, I can smile now,” Dirk said with the winning smile that made Tiffany famous.

“I should get back to work. Are you going to be in town long?” Brenda asked.

“I fly back tonight, I’m here for a deposition against Melissa,” he said.

“I’m going to miss you. Walk me back?” she asked.

“I wouldn’t leave my best girl here alone,” Dirk said and offered his arm.

Brenda took his arm and the couple walked back to Brenda’s office. Dirk kissed his friend goodbye and walked away.

Brenda was going to miss Dirk. As much as she would have liked to have dated him, she knew something like that would have never worked out. The feelings they had for each other was special, not in a lover’s sort of way, but like a brother and sister and at one time sisters, both learning the road to becoming women.

Several weeks past and Brenda was becoming restless. The months of celibacy were taking their toll and now that she had the equipment, why shouldn’t she use it

Brenda decided she wanted to finally be bedded by a man, but what man? Brenda would have to decide which one would be lucky enough to be her first.

Brenda had been dating several men. Mario was back in her life after months of absence. A month after her final operation she had had flowers delivered to her work with a note of apology from Mario. They started seeing each other again and he told her how upset his mother had been when they broke up. She had called him damn fool for losing a girl like that. His nephews and nieces missed their aunt Brenda, as did the rest of his family and they were happy when she returned to the Sunday dinners. They saw each other regularly, but there always seemed to be an invisible wall that kept them from really saying how they felt about each other. Maybe this would break down the wall.

Mike was another man Brenda was dating. After Tiffany left he had called Brenda and asked her out. She accepted and they also saw each other regularly. Mike was tall and handsome, a real catch and he did excite Brenda whenever they were alone.

There were a couple of guys she worked with that she had fantasized about too, but she also believed in the old saying about not dipping your pen in company ink. So those guys were out.

The last was a man she met at Starbucks. He was an investment banker that was a stone fox and she wanted him to bed her in the worse way.

Who to choose?

Having made her decision, Brenda dressed for the occasion. Earlier in the day she visited Ashley and had a makeover done. She wanted to look perfect the lucky man. Ashley did her nails and makeup, changed her hair style and sent her on her way. She returned home and found her new bustier dress from bebe. It was a black strapless dress with a front zipper that went from top to bottom. She put it on and pulled the zipper down. Her cleavage was prominent and her lightly oiled legs reflected the light. She wore no nylons and put on her black sandals with the four-inch stiletto heels. She called a cab to go meet her man.

The cab dropped her in front of the building. She exited and handed the driver a twenty dollar bill and told him to keep the change. She walked across the cement sidewalk, her heels clicking with each step. She reached for the door handle and turned it. She swung open the door and stepped inside. The man looked up and smiled the smile of a man that just saw the vision of wanton sex. She smiled back

“Hi Danny,” she purred.

Brenda had finally ended her journey, or maybe it had just begun.

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

First...

First to vote for a change, and the first comment for a totally first rate story. Loved the ending. Excellent work

Interesting way to "tie" things up...

Not necessarily in a neat bow, but well tied up. The two, Brenda and Dirk, both seemed to be true to their personalities. It' would have been nice to have heard how the trial came out, but I guess that really didn't have much with the character growth. I'm really not surprised she went to see Danny in the end. Though, I can't see how this helps with Mario any. Will Mario and Brenda finally talk things out?

Thank you for a powerful and thought provoking story.

Annette

Runway-Final Chapter

Great ending you have here. But what about all of those poor models enslaved to Melissa? Will they be redeemed in time?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Runway-Final Chapter

Great ending you have here. But what about all of those poor models enslaved to Melissa? Will they be redeemed in time?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sounds like there needs a spin off!

Arecee - Well, now is a spin off in the works like "Brenda - What Now!" This has been one great story and I can see at lease two spin-offs - Will we see any from this? Thanks for the great reading! Richard

Richard

Kinda sad in a way ...

.. in the fact that Dirk had to make a choice in the first place.
It just shows that the world is just not really ready to really
accommodate trans-folk fully, especially in a conservative org like
the FBI. The FBI would definitely not be understanding if Dirk wanted
to take more time to explore this side of himself.

Brenda's route is well trodden by now and it is believable that
they would support her.

Kim

Sorry

Good Day

Yes I know I said I would not read this but had to, I was wrong when I called her that name. I was rasied back in the 50's when lady or good girls didn't do that, I told a friend what I wrote and got it for it, really bad she told me how wrong I was, so I went back and reread the chapters and found she was right. I am sorry for what I said and have read the last three chapters and found they are good, and she is not hooked or a slut, I am sorry for that and sorry to the writer of this tail, I do hope she goes on with Brenda tell is more about her. Again am very sorry.

Hugs and Kisses
Melissa Ann

Hugs and Kisses
Melissa Ann

A wonderful ending

Like several of the others, I hope to see another story, and hope she and mario can make something happen.
I like him a lot better than Danny.
Holly

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness.
It usually comes back to you.

Holly

Thank You - I Really Enjoyed This Story

I much prefer that the heroine/hero comes out well at the end. You put us through a lot of worry with Brenda, but you more or less assured us it would all work out (back when it was looking bad). I think there is room to go further with Brenda, but that is your choice.

I'm looking forward to more "Show Me the Money" episodes and future stories of yours.

Bon voyage!

Hey Arecee -

Well done! You brought us on a fun trip! You did, however, leave the door wide open for the further adventures of Brenda, FBI! I'll be watching for more of your work!

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

Danny?

Okay, so you didn't make Mario the bad guy, so you're safe from my pillow. But you had her choose Danny the date-rapist instead? (That's what I'd call what he did back in Chapter 26. She said no twice and he pushed her to do it.)

A mostly satisfying ending, anyway. Thanks for a fun ride.

Thanks for writing runway

I really enjoyed reading your story.As for who Brenda chose to sleep with in the end I was surprised but then I thought why not Danny.After all Danny was her first sexual experience.I look at that as a no/yes sexual situation did the no really mean no or was it yes.Was she bothered because of who she did it with or because she had did it at all and what that meant?I think her choosing him answered the question.Thanks again Amy

Brenda

Well done exelant story ..... The effort you put in is astounding and the writing shows what an AUTHOR can do .....
I have the greatest respect for you ..... thank you for sharing ***** five star Rone Welles