Walking in Beckys Shoes - Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version
sky2.jpg
Walking in Beckys Shoes — Chapter 5
By
Julie D Cole

His name? ‘Scott Johnson.’
I knew him. Bit of a creep and always in trouble. I had hoped that at least it had been somebody who was better looking and thank goodness his hand hadn’t found its way beyond my waistband or his lips parted mine and allowed that awful tongue to search my mouth. I shivered at the thought of it.
‘Come on Ashton we haven’t all day. You need to be at your first lesson. Are you completing the register or not?’
‘No Miss it’s OK. I think I know where Nicks went.’
‘I don’t know what’s so interesting in here this morning. It seems you are all nosey today.’
 
I left her office and sat across the hallway waiting for Millie and her friend to come out of the headmasters office. I could only wait for 10 minutes and then I had to get moving or I’d be late for class.

I went down the stairs to the male locker room to pick up my daybook and drop my day bag off. Nick had disappeared with my larger shoulder bag and I just hoped he didn’t look inside. I kept some spare underwear and had put in a pair of Rebecca’s panties and a small make up bag just as a precaution in case I needed to switch to Becky on my way home. I don’t know what made me do it that morning. I just wasn’t feeling the same grumpy person. Maybe just now I was feeling more girl than boy.

I looked around the locker room and it was scruffy with old trainers piled in a corner just in case somebody came looking for lost pairs. The stench was awful and almost made me sick. That’s the problem with using locker rooms with a load of hairy monsters, the odours are awful. This locker room was getting worse every day and even I was starting to smell strongly of mancubs. I wished they’d buy some air fresheners and better still have a daily clear out. I wrote a few reminders in my daybook one of which was to bring some bin bags and seal up the terrible shoes. They looked like ships compared to my shoes. I was glad to be blessed with small feet. Far more choice at the sales and as long as my feet had stopped growing I’d be able to wear Rebeccas shoes on my outings.

To my relief Nicks came in and he headed directly towards me to handover my bag.

‘Sorry about the delay I got distracted.’

‘Where did you disappear to Nick? I looked around when I got to the School secretaries office and you’d gone.’

‘I had a hunch and I needed to check it out. But either I was wrong or I need to check again later.’

‘Oh you certainly shot off in a hurry. Was it important?’

‘Yes. Well not so important but that guy who I stopped last night. I remembered something mum said last night. She said that Millie McDonald had been off school for a long time and that she was attacked somewhere near where I was last night. So I went to the school library to look on the internet to check out if anything had been reported in the local news. I plugged in her name but nothing came up. I’ve no idea exactly when it was so no chance to do a thorough search. If it really was that creep Scott Johnson we need to find a way to deal with him.’

‘What do you mean we?’

‘You’d help me wouldn’t you? We can’t have creeps like him give our school a bad reputation. We just need to trap him.’

‘Yes but how to trap him. Do you mean with a bear trap or something? Anyway he makes two of me and I don’t fancy fighting him.’

‘We wouldn’t be fighting him silly. We’d set a trap for him and make sure he gets caught. We just need some bait. Something he can’t resist. I’ve got an idea but it’s more dangerous for you than for me.’

‘Shouldn’t we just report him to the school authorities or the police and then let them deal with it?’

‘Well fat chance of them helping. They are more interested in lesser things and small detail. It’s easier.’
‘Look we gotta go so don’t go mad with ideas and try not to involve me in your plans. Well not unless it’s safe and we won’t get hurt.’

‘OK I’ll see you at break and then maybe at lunch we can eat together and then do some more research. What you doing tonight by the way?’

‘OK but I usually like to study since mom wants me to improve my grades since I slipped a lot.’

‘Well I might try to twist your arm to have a night off and maybe we can set a trap.’

Shit I didn’t really want to meet Nick. I was looking forward to go out to meet Millie. The urge to dress was getting so hard to fight off and anyway I really did need to improve my grades.

I called in the bathroom to check myself out. The mark on my neck was a stark reminder of last night and it was sore. I bathed it in cool water and then covered it with the scarf. ‘Bloody vampire. Maybe we should find a way to get him. What if it was the same guy who attacked Millie? He needed putting away. It made me realise I’d have to be a lot more careful. It was a good job Nick was around even if he isn’t a superman. I could picture him looking at me and the anger on his face as he raced towards my attacker. What if? No don’t be stupid.’

At break I bought the drinks and Nick found a seat in the corner of the refrectory. Strange because he stood up as I sat down.

‘How did your classes go so far?’

‘OK but I couldn’t concentrate so how about it are you going to help me or what?’

‘OK Nick I will help but let me know what I can do. Apart from moral support I’ve no idea why you think I can help.’

‘I made a plan so don’t worry we’ll goof around a bit then have a pizza and then we’ll see if we can catch our beast.’

‘But Nick I might be late since I have some studying to do and preparation work for tomorrow.’

‘OK let’s make it 8 pm if you like. The later the better to set our trap as far as I’m concerned. Anyway I wouldn’t mind trying to find this girl I’d like to meet. I may be lucky who knows. But whatever don’t worry I’ll be there. I’ll meet you at Bella Roma if you like. The pizza’s on me.’

That was my evening sorted out for me. But how to meet Millie first and then change back? I’d have to choose something to wear a bit more carefully and then I didn’t need to go home to change. Blast Harvey Nicks and I was looking forward to a skirt and heels tonight.’

I felt a bit awkward as we sat in front of the computer. Well I sat and punched the keys since I’m faster than Nicks. He was behind me leaning over my shoulder pointing at the screen. At one stage I turned to him and he stared into my eyes. He wanted to say something I was sure. For that moment I thought he had realised I was the person he’d saved.

Somehow I managed to distract him back to the screen and luckily we found the story we were searching for. It was an article about the attack on Millie and it seemed several others had occurred but not where I had been grabbed. The other attacks were further down the High street and the area had been tidied up now with extra street lights added.

Nicks was happy as he punched the air. ‘This creep has just moved locations. I told you he is a problem. How can they not try to catch him and deal with him. Do they think he’ll stop? ‘

‘Calm down Nick this is a library. We’ll get barred if you make such a disturbance.’

‘OK but now we just gotta get him before he even kills somebody. I don’t want him to do anything to this girl I saw or anybody else for that matter.’

At lunch Nicks just wanted to walk out and talk. He was too excited to sit down and I never heard him talk as much. He was asking my advice about all sorts of things and if I thought a girl would be happy to go out with him or if he needed to smarten up. He even asked me to test if he had bad breath and I half expected he was going to try to kiss me. He laughed since he said I’d closed my eyes as he breathed into my nostrils. To be honest something did come over me. I was sure that I’d have let him if he’d tried.

Nicks walked part way home with me. Again he insisted to carry my bag since he didn’t have one. I couldn’t wait to shower and change. He’d made me feel a bit funny and my pants had got tight and were a bit damp.

Choosing from Rebbecca’s wardrobe this evening was going to be a bit more of a task. How to be Becky and then meet Nicks as me?

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So nice to see Becky's back!

Jules , Becky's treading on thin ice. She keeps this up someone's gonna figure out who she is. 'Tis gettin' interesting, keep'em comin' sweetie! (Hugs) Taarpa

Sorry it was so long coming

This was short to help me get back into the story. Glad for the encouragement
Jules

Jules

Allow me to apologize...

Andrea Lena's picture

..for being late to say thank you!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Friends are never late

They are always just in time.

Jules

this may be...

quite the magic trick. the next chapter will be interesting.
great job, thanks

Thanks

It's nice for the encouragement. I will try my best.

Jules

Thank you Julie,

Well done as you always do,a great story and well worth reading.
There is a lot of mileage in your story yet.

ALISON

Great Expectations

As ever you build me up. But I'm just a bit part writer who likes to travel a few miles until readers get fed up with my ramblings. Still on the upside my list of works grows and who knows how many more chapters or stories are waiting to jump out. It's a blessing we have computers rather than a quill and ink well like in Charles Dickens day. No spellcheck either.
Hope to keep you as my supporter for many stories to come.
Hugs

Jules

yeah

munch munch munch.,..WHAT!

Sputter spit sputter....

You end it here! /cry

Sorry Tels

I was just getting back into character. The shoes still fit so now I can carry on. We can't have you starving.

Jules

Pretty Clear...

...how Nicks is going to bait the trap; our hero won't be in male clothes for long tonight. Then again, if Nicks' quest for Rebecca takes him to the library, things may break sooner. Hope to see more of this.

Eric

Pig on a spit

Jamie Lee's picture

Harvey and Ashton could be jumping to conclusions about Scott. Yes he's limping on an injured foot, but without having him remove his shoes and socks, they're guessing he's the attacker.

Why is Harvey insisting on carry Ashton bag? Does he see something in Ashton that Ashton isn't aware he's doing? And what does Harvey have in mind to trap the attacker? And what will they do with the attacker should they catch him? They should call the police and let them handle this problem.

Is Ashton a juggler? Cause he'll have to be one to met Millie as Beckie, then Harvey as Ashton. Big mess, Ashton is in a big mess.

Others have feelings too.