Sarah Carerra - 2.25a - Interlude

Printer-friendly version
Sarah Carerra
Book 2 - Interlude
by Megan Campbell
Copyright  ©2011 Megan Campbell
Released: February 28, 2011

Sarah Carerra Book 2: Interlude

It has taken me longer than I expected to get to this point. I want to thank everyone that has waited patiently for more Sarah Carerra. I'm sorry I had to make you wait.

I came really close to being able to post a new chapter this morning. But there are a few things I need to finish before I can do that, and I will have them done in the next couple of days.

Sarah Carerra will return Monday, March 7, 2011.

The last few weeks have been amazing. Chapters have been flowing out of my head freely, and I hope that continues for the forseeable future. I love this story. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of something I want to add or what will happen next. I wish I could write faster, but alas this is the best I can do.

Book 2 is now longer than book 1, and it is only about 2/3 complete. I've also really started narrowing down what is going to happen in Book 3. I even have a few ideas for a 4th book. So there is still plenty of Megan/Sarah's story left to tell. I hope you'll bear with me and enjoy the ride.

I didn't want to leave everyone disappointed that another chapter wasn't posted today, so I've compiled a few paragraphs that will give you an idea of what will happen in the next five chapters. Enjoy.

*  *  *

"You are expected," I mocked sarcastically while driving up the short lane to the roundabout in front of the home. I was beginning to think this was a bad idea again. I hadn't wanted to attend a formal dinner, but if Josh's aunt and uncle employed a butler, they probably had a whole staff on hand to make this a high society dinner.

The house itself was something I had only ever seen in movies before. I knew that my family lived in a nice house that would get us a pretty penny if we ever sold it, but this place put to shame the home I'd known my entire life. I was really intimidated as I stepped out of my car and approached the front door. I really wished I had Mom and Dad, or even Emily or Ethan with me to help keep me from turning and running away.

*  *  *

My lips instinctively tightened at his words. Austin and I had never really gotten along very well before my life changed so drastically early this summer. But looking at him now, I knew that he had looked up to me. Seeing me become his sister had to have been hard. We'd talked about it some after my first concert, but I knew that he had to be struggling still. He truly had tried to impress me during the game, and I realized that he wanted me to look up to him just as much as he was looking up to me.

*  *  *

As we approached the stage, a few screams of excitement came from those sitting nearby as they caught sight of me, but I concentrated on preparing myself. I'd done this enough times that my nervousness was very weak, but it would always be there. The day I wasn't nervous to take the stage was the day I died. However, I knew that there wasn't much to be worried about. I had done this before and I would do it many times again.

*  *  *

There was a flicker of something in Josh's eye. We were staring at each other, inches apart at the end of the song, and I noticed something.

*  *  *

With a great amount of trepidation, I got out of my car and headed for the front door. Ringing the doorbell was almost enough to make me want to head back home. I hadn't had to face anyone who knew me as my old self in over a month and a half.

*  *  *

I pulled into the gas station where we normally filled up without a second thought. It wasn't until I saw the little girl gradually getting closer and closer to me while I waited for the gas to flow into the car that I realized this was the first time I had stopped for gas as Sarah.

*  *  *

Chapter 26 - Lucky Girl
Coming March 7, 2011
up
232 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It certainly looks like she's taking stock...

Andrea Lena's picture

...as they say...of all the changes that have taken place. Some regrets and some relief and some wonder and some anticipation as well all mixed together. I'm looking forward to her return. Thanks for giving us this interlude.



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

been waiting

so glad to see you back. always a pleasure to read about megan/sarah. looking forward to monday. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

Sarah Carerra Book 2: Interlude

Thanks, Megan. We love Sarah Carerra and wish her well.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Good

Good to read more of this story, even if it's only selected paragraphs, and good that we'll soon be able to read complete episodes.

Thank you, Megan.

Piecemeal Snippets


Bike Resources

Nice of you to let us all

Nice of you to let us all when to look for another chapter or two of Sarah. Your story is wonderful and I am always thrilled when I see a chapter posted.

Oh joy!

Mondays will be something to look forward to again!

Thank you for the update!

Kim

YIPEE!!!!!

Megan/Sarah is coming back!

I haven't wanted to pester you...no I take that back, I have wanted to pester you but fortunately was able to hold myself back from doing so.

This is so nice! Yipee!

Connie

Great start

Renee_Heart2's picture

Look foward to reading this story agin when you get it out hun It always makes my monday better.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

thanks for

thanks for letting us know you're still there. So many tidbits to sample. I hate to wait, but I know it will be worth it.
Hugs
Brenda

Brenda Sands