A Flower's Dream

Printer-friendly version
I don't dream often. But this is a transcript of a dream I had a few years ago that brought a lot of joy to my life, and I wanted to share it.
A Flower's Dream
by Megan Campbell
Copyright  ©2009 Megan Campbell


Author Note: Please email me at AngelJediGirl (at) gmail (dot) com before posting this story to any other site. Posting to a pay site is prohibited.
This is the first piece of writing that I posted on the internet for others to read.

---<~>---

The dream started off like any other dream. Nothing of importance was happening. I don't remember what it was originally about, but I do remember finding myself walking out of a building and into a small shopping complex. The complex had a small lobby, surrounded on 3 sides by glass looking outside. There were only two stores off the lobby, Deseret Industries, and another LDS-related store, but I am not sure which.

I walked into the complex from the side, and passed Deseret Industries. There was a small line of people formed, I guess to get into the store, even though the doors were open. I waded through the people and continued walking towards the other store. I do not believe I intended to go into the store; it was more like I was heading home, but cutting through the complex to make it easier.

As I approached the entrance to the other store, I suddenly recognized 3 kids that were approaching me. The first one that I recognized was a little girl. It took me a moment to place her face, but I quickly realized that it was Cami, my sister. The other two were my brothers, but they were all younger, Cami being around 8, the rest an appropriate age. They had presents with them, and they hugged me as they said "Happy Birthday." I took the gifts from them and placed them on a wood shelf that was to the right of me, and gave them a hug. At some point I do remember patting Adam on the head and saying, "Thanks, son." Weird, but I felt compelled to mention it here as I write this account.

As my brothers and sister disappeared (I'm not sure how, they just weren't there anymore) I got a call from my mom. She wished me Happy Birthday as well, and eventually I asked how it was possible to see my family the way I had. She said Christina had done it somehow. I don't know who Christina is, or if I would have met or talked to her (I seemed to be turning to the left for some reason) because my alarm clock went off, and I woke up a bit, but I was left with a warm feeling inside.

I must not have completely woken up though. I do remember hitting the snooze button, and almost immediately, I was back where I had been moments before.

I continued walking towards the other store. I still had a nice warm feeling when I noticed a little girl come running out of the door to the store in front of me. She turned, and with a big smile on her face, ran toward me. "Mommy, mommy," she said loudly as she jumped into my arms and gave me a hug. I looked at her, and she was the most beautiful little girl I had ever seen. She had dark blonde hair, cut at about her neck, and the most expressive eyes I have ever seen.

She was staring at me with love as I tried to move her into a comfortable position on my hip. "I love you," I heard her say as I looked down to figure out why I could not hold her comfortably. I was surprised to see that I was pregnant, and definitely a woman. My large belly was keeping me from holding her comfortably, but her being there gave me a warmth that made it comfortable anyway.

The rest is a little hazy, as dreams can sometimes be, but I do remember feeling my dream self "smile" and kiss the little girls forehead. I then "felt" more than saw a man approach. He was radiating the same love that everyone else I had met in the dream was. Before I was able to look at him, however, my alarm clock woke me up, and this time I was not making it back to sleep. I did wake up with the same smile still on my lips and the same great warmth I had felt still in my heart.

up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A Flower's Dream

What a beautiful dream, Megan. One that many here have. May all such dreams come true.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I am so glad you wrote this...

Andrea Lena's picture

...it is one of my favorites, and certainly a beautiful dream told with such tenderness, wistful and sweet, with wishes that it would never end. Thank you.

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

re: a flowers dream

wonderful story. keep writing and posting
rj

001.JPG

Wow

It's nice to cry for something special. Thank you!


Happy to know you. Belle

Thank you for this really cute story.

I have had similar dreams, but I was never pregnant in any of them, and my family was actually 3D and didn't keep disappearing into a fog. Mine were always getting a phone call to meet "him" at his favorite spot. The phone booth on Chisholm Street and 11th Avenue. Then we would go for drinks and dancing, and end up at his place, and just as he was ready to place me on the bed, I woke up. Darn that sun anyway. LOL.

This cute story has a lot of eye catching visuals, and I could actually "see" what you were saying. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thank you

ALISON

'for taking the time to share your lovely dream with us.

ALISON

nice little dream

be nice is you could slip into that world, wouldn't it?

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Still like this one

Megan
This is one of my favorite stories. To be called mommy!
Thanks
Brenda

Brenda Sands