Blue Thunder-2

Printer-friendly version
Courtesy Of D.C. Comics
Blue Thunder-2

A Metastory in the Comics Retcon Universe
by Stanman63
Thanks To JennaFL For Proofing And Nora Adrienne for editing!

Synopsis:When Freda sees her friend Mary Batson dressed as Red Thunder, leading to Freda becoming the weather controller Blue Thunder.
[-][+][-]
Then I saw his abomination, the serum had turned his bones into a living metal, and the rest of his body into an artificial construct, leaving only his brain human.

I hit him with hailstones from a storm over Canada, "Even immortals need to cool off," I replied

"TAKE A SAND BATH FRAULEIN," He sent me to the Moon, where I landed in Mare Imbrium.

I stood up, fully expecting to be dead as I had not received Apollo's Blessing, but I was alive, then I noticed that I was inside a bubble of water.

I saw Captain Nazi coming at me, so I rocketed up, causing him to crash where I'd landed. When I saw the sun, I heard a warm chuckle, WELL BLUE THUNDER, YOU SURE DO HAVE A WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELF.

"Apollo?"

I AM HE.

"Mother Gaea said that I need your Blessing to fly in space."

YOU NEED MY BLESSING FOR THE SOLAR SYSTEM AND THAT OF FATHER ZEUS FOR THE REST OF CREATION, ALL OF IN WHICH YOU HAVE. SO NO NEED FOR MOTHER GAEA'S SHIELD.

"Thanks, but why does not Nazi need your Blessing?"

HE IS POWERED BY CORRUPTED MAGIC, DEFEAT HIM AND HIS POWER IS VANQUISHED.

"How? he drank the serum that has the Star Heart in it."

THE SERUM IS POWERED BY A STAR HEART SHARD DISGUISED AS A MEDAL ON HIS CHEST.

Will my powers work on him?

ALL THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO MOTHER GAEA'S POWER

"Thanks."
[-][+][-]
I saw him about to lift off, "Catch me if you can," I taunted him as I headed back to Earth, aiming for the magnetic North Pole in an effort to use his metallic body against him.

But he hit me like a freight train, "I HAVE, FRAULEIN, NOW CATCH ME!"

I spun out of control from his attack. By the time that I'd righted myself, he had lifted the Eiffel Tower and was aiming it at me,, "Now why grab a structure of metal?" I asked him. Seeing that the tower was empty, I caused the local storm to hit him with its pent up electrical charge.

He dropped the tower, trying to get away from the discharge, but it clung to him until he hit a local sewage treatment plant's waste water, evaporating it, leaving only solids. "ARGH!"

By the time that I placed the Eiffel Tower back on its foundations, Captain Nazi had flown away, so I flew back to Fawcett University to speak to Uncle Dudley.
[-][+][-]
Dudley Fawcett was not really my uncle, except through marriage. His brother Jacob Fawcett married my Aunt Greta, but they died without having children. So when my mom and dad, Angela White and Roscoe Fawcett gave birth to me, I was adopted by Uncle Dudley along with Billie and Mary when their parents died.

"Hey, Unca Dudley," I said as I hugged him as he was getting his daily fix of caffeine from chilled coffee. No hot coffee for him.

"Well, if it isn't Freda, or should I say Blue Thunder. What can I do for you, my little Chickadee?"

I got myself a mug of Butter Pecan Espresso and sat down, "I was just in a battle against some villain naming himself Captain Nazi,," I fumed.

"So, you've met an old foe of mine. He was strong before, how strong is he now?"

"Did he have metal bones, before?"

"No, he was truly the peak of strength, endurance; agility, speed, reflexes, durability, and healing are at the highest limits of natural human potential."

"Could he fly before?"

"Yes, the formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being and gave him the ability to fly using telekinesis which also gave him limited invulnerability."

"Mother Gaea calls him an abomination. His serum is now powered by a shard of the Star Heart."

"The only way that he, Ibac, or Sivanna could harness the power of the corrupted Star Heart is through a metagene,"

"So, they are mutants, but I, like Billie and Mary received our Blessings from Mother Gaea."

"You three were chosen, just as I was chosen," he said as he became the Blue Wizard and jogged around the table before sitting down.


Courtesy Of D.C. Comics

"By Mother Gaea?"

"Yes."

"But why?"

"Have you ever wondered what happened to your parents?"

"They died during a blizzard, freezing to death."

"Yes, but they should not have died. They were frozen by the Winter Warlock."

"Who is he?"

"An agent of Chaos who has caused the Ice Ages in the past, but even he can't maintain his thrall over the planet since Mother Gaea is the Spirit of the Earth."

"Is he still active?"

"No, I sent him to Venus after he killed your parents. Hopefully, he can cool things off, there."

"Billie says that this amulet I have comes from a Batson heirloom and is some sort of Wiccan artifact that gives us access to our Blessings."

"That is true, Betty Batson used the amulet as a Wiccan to combat dark magic before she passed away, leaving it to me to give to you Billie."

"How do you know that I'm ready?"

"Do you feel that you can defeat Captain Nazi?"

"No."

"Then, you are ready. Over confidence is a weakness, just as fear is. Remember that Mother Gaea chose you. When the time comes, you will be ready."
[-][+][-]
As I flew way, looking for Captain Nazi, I knew that I had a job on my hands to stop him. His new form seemed to be able to stand up to my mastery over liquids, chemicals, and gasses, but if so, why did he leave?

Heat and cold could stress metal, just as certain chemicals could corrode metal. I simply had to discover his weakness, even if it meant killing him.

I knew that Mother Gaea called him an abomination and my power hadn't balked when he got hurt, so I knew that he was fair game. That decided, I knew that when next we met that I would not hold back.

"WELL, HERE I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU AND YOU FLY UP TO ME, FRAULEIN." said Captain Nazi.

I spun around and saw him smiling at me, seemingly unharmed from his electrical shock. His smile bespoke of a true officer and gentleman of any military. Could he want peace? If so, He'd have to meet Mother Gaea.

"What? No attack?"

"Fraulein, I am a soldier on a mission that you are interfering with. Why do you try to stop me?"

"I saw you sink the yacht Fawcett Queen. Luckily, there were no casualties. Why sink the yacht?"

"I do only what my Fuhrer, Lex Luthor commands."

"Captain Nazi, Luthor is a criminal. You are being led by a mad man."

He snarled and sped towards me, so I drop kicked him, drop kicking him to the dark side of the Moon, "Don't you ever learn?" I asked.
[-][+][-]
As I flew to meet the green juggernaut, I wondered how Luthor could have perverted the Star Heart shard. Could he be a mutant of some sort? Or has he perfected a way to control magical devices.

As I crossed over to the dark side, I heard him utter a curse as he impacted. He looked dead there on the Moon's surface. None of my senses could detect anything but a metallic form.

I made the mistake of trying to take him back to Mother Gaea. I had caught him under the shoulders and just as we caught the sun's rays, he came to life and hurled me through the Moon, leaving a tunnel from Dayside to Nightside.

Rocketing back to Earth, I vowed next time to encase him in solid rock.

As I neared the Earth, he stunned me when he hit me full force from below, sending me into the Pacific Ocean. So I swallowed several gallons of seawater and took off.

Rocketing up, I caught him in the chest with a haymaker that sent him to the Sahara Desert where I deluged him with a flood, causing him to rust into a statue.

But I saw him slowly break out of the rust prison and fly away before I could deluge him again.
[-][+][-]
The End Of Blue Thunder-2
To Be Continued In Blue Thunder-3

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos